• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Royal Tutor Episode 1 - So is this the Fujoshi-bait of the season? I didn't feel the Princes had dynamic enough of personalities for me to be willing to follow this weekly. I'm ok with Slice of Life series where the protag plays the straight man, but I really need to like the rest of the cast for it to work, and it doesn't really work here.

I think it gets a fair amount better with the second episode, I might suggest giving that a look in before deciding to totally jump ship.

NHK has announced a list of 100 Best Anime on Wednesday at NHK BS Premium. The list is based on the audience's votes regarding their best anime that aired until September 2016; which was held between January 8 to March 31, 2017.

**1 Tiger & Bunny
**2 Tiger & Bunny Movie: The Rising
**3 Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica
**4 Love Live! School Idol Project
**5 Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season
**6 Tiger & Bunny Movie: The Beginning
**7 Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch
**8 Cardcaptor Sakura
**9 Love Live! The School Idol Movie
*10 Osomatsu-san

*11 Gintama
*12 Joker Game
*13 Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
*14 Neon Genesis Evangelion
*15 Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2
*16 Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
*17 Mobile Suit Gundam
*18 Digimon Adventure
*19 Psycho-Pass
*20 Sword Art Online

https://myanimelist.net/news/50582644

Tiger & Bunny still alive and well. S2 when.

UtaPri, Free, K, Angel Beats, and Haikyuu!! made the top 100 so Im happy.

JCG

NHK has announced a list of 100 Best Anime on Wednesday at NHK BS Premium. The list is based on the audience's votes regarding their best anime that aired until September 2016; which was held between January 8 to March 31, 2017.

I heard they were making a live action movie, but don't know how that's working out.

This looks like a ranking of relative popularity and more specifically fan motivation to vote.

Cornbread78

Bastard Teacher ep.5
WFt6Hj3.png
Can't wait to see how he gets out of this next week. This "bastard" teacher is a pretty damn good dude and is definitely fighting for MC of the season rights.

Cornbread78

Fukumenkei Noise ep.4
See, Beats are even hype in Japan, lol.

This show is a teeters on the line of too much melodrama and not enough introspection, to waiving flags explaining how the main characters are supposed to feel, but only through context.

That said, I'm still enjoying the show and looking forward to where they go with it after the most recent events.

PaulBizkit

Man, this backlog is growing...

Kobayashi-sanchi no maid dragon (manga)
Cowboy Bebop (at ep.16)
Sakura Quest (at ep.2)

manga-kobayashi-san-chi-no-maid-dragon.jpg

Ok, so, the anime was amazing. It was fun, entertaining and, since I started learning japanese, the simple vocabulary that the characters handled helped me train listening comprehension (specially Kanna, you don't really need subs when she talks!). Besides, Kobayashi is amazing as a MC; just by being female, you get rid of a bunch of stupid harem-y tropes.

The manga goes FAST, the chapters are 15 pages long and are focused on one or two jokes/situations each (it takes like three manga chapters to fill one anime episode).
The anime is better ofc since you have the music, the colors, the voices and a better depictions of graphic jokes (Lucoa running towards the blushing kid in the dodgeball episode with her breasts floating around is almost missable in the manga).

But the one thing the manga is better at, is showing character development. More precisely:
1. Kobayashi's development from society outcast to her getting in contact with her friendly side (thanks to Tooru) and motherly side (thanks to Kanna) is more palpable in the manga. Her monologues where she compares her current life to the year prior are very interesting.
2. The internal conflict/doubts of Tooru with staying in the human world despite: Knowing she will outlive Kobayashi by thousands of years and knowing both worlds are incompatible and, even if Kobayashi is different, humans are not ready to live with dragons and viceversa; besides, the dragon's from Tooru's world would end up invading the human world eventually.

maxresdefault.jpg

There aren't many differences with the anime so I'll list a few:

- In the manga, there is no "buying school stuff for Kanna" montage, but the bunny keychain is the same.
- Beach episode: in the manga, only Kobayashi, Tooru and Kanna are present. Kanna still eats the crab.
- Tooru's father appears before Elma. He doesn't shoot a beam at Kobayashi.

What is this? A best of Sunrise list? Disgusting.

Huh. I wonder if I should check out Tiger and Bunny one of these days. I forgot that show existed.

phaze

This is actually more offensive than straight up boob armor:

It's skintight plate.

mayatomr_gdlk.gif

Can anyone deny the glory of this? https://sakugabooru.com/post/show/33758

(Granblue Fantasy Ep5 spoilers)

HOW GOOD? SO GOOD.

Gets hit by gargantuan laser beam.

Is somehow okay.

wut

Granblue Fantasy 03-05
027381q9udt.jpg

Quaking in my boots already Mr Evil General.

This is somewhat passable by the virtue of competent production and not having any isekai, loli or harem stuff on board so far but the script is painfully generic and bland and without any spark whatsoever, certainly, it gives Zestiria a run for the money in that department.

Where the hell are my edgy adventures of Geralt and friends goddamit.
0k4tkrdk2jig.png

And when is the not so evil witch gonna join, I like her already.

Cornbread78

Sakurada Reset ep.5
The pacing and direction of this episode was much better than the past few. I don't really care of the "case of the week" format usually, but in this case, since the show is so quirky, it actually worked out very well. The show is still really dialog driven, but it was coherent, clean and worked really well this time around. Outside of that, the episode was pretty meh, but it was much easier to watch and understand this week. OK, I liked it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's a good show and its being driven by the fujoshi crowd, like how SEED is.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 5:

Ah, I see we at last introduced to original character, do not steal and token evil teammate Mikasuki in this episode and, well, the usual hi-jinks play out as they do, but this I will give credit has been building to something that is getting paid off in the next episode.

phaze

Speaking of character designs that make you puke ... just found out I mistook Tale of Memories for Tale of Melodies ... fml.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom