• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Man, putting in work!

tumblr_lpywa1Yf051qavhimo1_500.gif

It's the least I could do!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sakura Quest Episode 5:

So the net result of all of the brainstorming centered around wood carving and painting has led, let us just call them The Privy Council, to adopt seeming absurd plan to building a grand cathedral over the course of a century. While the idea is absurd, it isn't as implausible as it might seem given some of the gimmicks that actually exist in the world.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, even though I till watch it, there is no spark driving this show, it isn't help when the characters in-universe have a discussion about the malleability of the jobs they are undertaking.

Sakura Quest Is this season in a nutshell.
At least next season will have more Monogatari again, a football anime and a reboot of Mahoujin Guru Guru.

Reminds me I should watch the Idolmaster movie and then either start CG or WUG.

I watched the trailer guys. I still can't believe we live in a world where Code Geass is getting a 3rd season. Does this mean that we have a God? Is this a sign of love or hate for Humanity? Nobody knows.

Cornbread78

The plan was/is to only watch eps 1-3 for scientific reasons anyway, maybe 10th too, unless of course it captivates me more than I expect at this point.

I really liked Memories, but it takes more than 3 eps. to fully grasp it. Outstanding closure.

Is Sakura Quest still boring?

I dropped it after last week for that reason..

It's worse than boring.
It's completely uninteresting.

Well, that too..

Ascheroth

I watched the trailer guys. I still can't believe in a world where Code Geass is getting a 3rd season. Does this mean that we have a God? Is this a sign of love or hate for Humanity? Nobody knows.
Trails in the Sky the 3rd just released and is the number 3 top seller on Steam. (even was 2 earlier!!!)
There are 4 more Falcom games coming this year. (Well on PC, 'only' 2 on consoles).

I believe this answers your question.

Aki-at

Is Sakura Quest still boring?

Didn't really find Sakura Quest that boring, a bit on the slow side but it was moving along with it's plot beats, introduce characters in episode 1, make a team in episode 3, tackle the first assignment and team crisis in episode 4. Though if you didn't like the pace of the first couple of episodes nothing will really change your mind here.

The stuff that sort of takes you out of the show is how there was a random stranger sleeping in the "queen's house" but it's okay cause she's a sort of famous actress, then Doc Ock appeared last week and I'm wondering why they don't use his crazy inventions to promote the town, oh and hey let's all share the same house together too because friendship? Lots of leaps happen in the story that tries to be grounded most of the time.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sakura Quest Is this season in a nutshell.
At least next season will have more Monogatari again, a football anime and a reboot of Mahoujin Guru Guru.

Reminds me I should watch the Idolmaster movie and then either start CG or WUG.
We get a new season of Uchouten Kazoku that's really really strong. It's on a very good track to only get better too I think. Fans of MHA and Attack on Titan seem like they are getting a second season that is actually worth being excited about, though unfortunately I am not invested in those franchises at all. Boruto seems like it can at least get people excited about the world of Naruto again for the first time in a long time, although the show is kind of just too hideous to get as many people invested as it should. Have not really heard about Natsume Yuujinchou much but I would expect that is delivering to its fans too. And one of the most popular games in Japan is getting what sounds like an adaptation that is at least passable. It could definitely be worse.

We get a new season of Uchouten Kazoku that's really really strong. It's on a very good track to only get better too I think. Fans of MHA and Attack on Titan seem like they are getting a second season that is actually worth being excited about, though unfortunately I am not invested in those franchises at all. Boruto seems like it can at least get people excited about the world of Naruto again for the first time in a long time, although the show is kind of just too hideous to get as many people invested as it should. Have not really heard about Natsume Yuujinchou much but I would expect that is delivering to its fans too. And one of the most popular games in Japan is getting what sounds like an adaptation that is at least passable. It could definitely be worse.

Apart from granblue, you dont list any non sequels.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Don't forget the sleeper kemonololiwitch adventure hit.

This season is like most seasons. Neither amazing nor terrible.

It's fine.

There are shows to watch.

Shows to mock.

Shows for weirdos.

Qurupeke

The stuff that sort of takes you out of the show is how there was a random stranger sleeping in the "queen's house" but it's okay cause she's a sort of famous actress, then Doc Ock appeared last week and I'm wondering why they don't use his crazy inventions to promote the town, oh and hey let's all share the same house together too because friendship? Lots of leaps happen in the story that tries to be grounded most of the time.

You almost make it sound interesting.

Aki-at

It's better anime companies didn't bother this season, not like they had anything that could top Samurai Jack* this season.

*Even if the last two episodes have been iffy

You almost make it sound interesting.

Doc Ock helps make armour suits and a Buddha statue that doubles as a vending machine.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This season is like most seasons. Neither amazing nor terrible.
Uchouten Kazoku 2 has been legitimately amazing so far. Top tier storytelling and execution. The already likable cast are becoming even more endearing, new characters are showing new and interesting sides of the old ones, and it's really been packed with emotion without ever feeling cloying or overly dramatic. It's a huge success story on execution and I hope lots of people here watch it.

I think deep down I'm the most impressed with AoT. I was expecting it to be totally boring based on the material that I read and to be pretty but with a few flaws in the animation like last season. I wasn't expecting to watch what we have been getting so far, a compelling take on what's in the manga that isn't just pretty, it is gorgeous and so masterfully crafted. WIT is giving this show their all and it shows. Whereas in AoT 1 you had a cool show with a bunch of highlights in the art and animation department, now you have those moments constantly on screen. Some of the things shown so far have been breath taking. Last week specifically had my jaw dropping constantly.

Chase17

Blood Blockade Battlefront End
Enjoyed the show. I think it's at its best when the episodes were Libra (especially Zapp/Leo) shenanigans with a "monster' of the week. Show kind of lost me towards the end with the twin stuff.

Was waiting for more info about Leo's sister/why eyes needed to be taken but that never really came. Though we did get a glimpse of her at the end.

Also definitely wouldn't want to live in this city. The groups plan would work, and then they just slip in that hundreds of thousands of people died lol. Happens a couple times too. Will be in for beyond.

Aki-at

My Love Story! - 23

It's been a while since I saw this but I swear Yamato had the same problems a few episodes about feeling inadequate for Takeo. Still series wrapping up, has been an enjoyable time with a few misses along the way, let's see how Takeo
decides to give up Yamoto and hook up with Ai instead. I kid I kid, he should hook up with Makoto instead.

Eccentric Family S2 - 04

Excellent. Simply excellent. Easily AotS should it continue on this level, which I expect it to. I mean I love me some AoT and they're vastly different shows so comparing them is kinda futile but Eccentric Family S2 is clearly on another level. Just the visuals alone. AoT's 'makeup' stuff is impressive, sure, but there's also awful looking CGI horses and mediocre instances. EF S2 meanwhile delivers some top notch, consistently high visuals and still has peaks on top of that. It's gorgeous and on that note I've got to say its nice that the OP delivers with not just another great theme and the visuals to accompany it this time around.

Cornbread78

Silver Spoon ep.6-7
This friggen' show is great! The characters are all good and the show does a great job of juggling between the the comedy and more serious moments. Comedic timing has actually been really good and not causing mood whiplash half the time..

Who knew a show about farming hicks could be so much fun.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX (Subtitled) Episode 140 – The First and Last Super Polymerization Activates!

This YAMI Juudai arc is amazing, I just wish it was Manjoume who could save him from his darkness. I dont know if it will either be Johan that somehow saves him or if it will be Sho.

KraytarJ

Let us always remember the season we got thunderbolt fantasy and mob psycho....

And for me, 91 Days
That season was the crossover between Re Zero and Saiki, which was pretty great as far as I'm concerned.

It also had Danganronpa 3 and Food Wars S2 but it's best not to think about them.

Sakurada Reset ep.5
The pacing and direction of this episode was much better than the past few. I don't really care of the "case of the week" format usually, but in this case, since the show is so quirky, it actually worked out very well. The show is still really dialog driven, but it was coherent, clean and worked really well this time around. Outside of that, the episode was pretty meh, but it was much easier to watch and understand this week. OK, I liked it.
Im suprised people liked this episode

It seems like we're getting another 3-parter so im excited for that. Hopefully it has the same level of tension as the previous arc featuring eraser-girl

Cornbread78

Armed Girls Mach ep.5
The show continues to be stupid, but entertaining at the same time. It helps that the MC is a pretty fun guy and not a the tropey hidden power, op, shy mc type.

Im suprised people liked this episode

It seems like we're getting another 3-parter so im excited for that. Hopefully it has the same level of tension as the previous arc featuring eraser-girl

It just kinda flowed better and there weren't a ton of moving parts to it. Also, everything actually made sense from the students motivations to the resolution of the situation

Aki-at

Sakura Quest - 5

A blonde with an ocarina saving the day again, this time in anime format.

I'm not quite sure what their main plan is, I don't know how they just got inspired from a piece of art (That Yoshino already attempted and everyone lambasted) to make this giant new palace (Why would it succeed when previous versions failed?) it felt like an unneeded gimmick to the overall plot, as it's going to take decades to finish so I guess that rules it out from being part of the main focus in the plot. Besides their job is to provide an increase to tourism now, not 100 years from now...

But I do get it that they want to turn the train station into a hub with woodwork decorations and that's a great idea. It helps that the characters took to heart the words of the wood curving in the last episode and researched what was so special about the town's heritage. It was a satisfactory conclusion and Sanae's own answer to the wood curver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom