• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meesh

Ok, I "need" to ask this... what are the odds we see a Vampire Hunter D3 at some point? Not to derail, but I'm sure most of you have a better idea than me :)

Ascheroth

WorldEnd 4

You see, the biggest problem with WorldEnd is we know this happiness isn't gonna last due to the flashforward. The thing is the stuff leading up to the moment we've seen is exactly engaging. That's the problem with flashforwards, they take away the mystery of how the story will end, only leaving the mystery of how it'll get to the end. So when you have an episode like this where not much is happening, it just feels twice as empty.

That's why you should subconsciously forget those flashforward scenes in shows like this soon after you see them, that way things stay fresh.
At least that's what I seem to be doing since I honestly can't recall this scene at all anymore, while still being able to tell you everything else that happened in the first episode :)

Jex

The sequence that never happened in the show and got retconned for worse designs too.

I think saying it never happened is slightly too nit-picky.

I don't disagree that it never happened in that exact way, but that scene does basically play out in a similar fashion and it is an pretty accurate judge of the end-game of the series.

(Shame they didn't keep the designs).

Narag

Is there even a good flashforward sequence in anime as the first shot that viewers see?

Not sure if it'll end up paying off or not but Boruto's looked rather promising since it showed off the state of the world, state of the main character, and gave a timeframe for when he'd arrive at just that point.

Qurupeke

Am I the only one who actually like LWA?

I'm, generally speaking, enjoying it, the latest episode was fun despite being very dumb sometimes. I don't think I'd describe it as a bad show but as a disappointing one, as it rarely manages to match the OVA's quality and it's definitely not as enjoyable as that. Hell, even LWA 2 is far better. Also, there are some episodes that are downright bad, especially on the first cour. I find it hard to get overly excited for such a show.

And I feel somewhat bad for people that will sit to binge watch it...

Cornbread78

Actually the opening sequence was the flash forward. The flashback was at the end of the episode.

Huh?

Now, I've really lost it. I thought that was a flashback to Willem's prior life..

From the opening:
ISyTfVA.png

2yLBLFG.png

ANReM8h.png

Chtholly
3qNT4oi.png

Their hair must change in battle, or these aren't the same girls as the current ones:

ofmftb5.gif

My mind is numb right now.

Jarmel

Banned
Her hair changes from blue to red in combat. Notice how in the flashforward the strands of her hair slowly shift from blue to red right before she falls. That might be some indicator or whatever of how much life she has left in that if her hair is completely red then time's up.

Cornbread78

Her hair changes from blue to red in combat. Notice how in the flashforward the strands of her hair slowly shift from blue to red right before she falls. That might be some indicator or whatever of how much life she has left in that if her hair is completely red then time's up.

I guess they will spend more time explaining it as that battle approaches. I was under the impression that was the "one love" he had prior, but maybe that was only his sister he was referring to? He was a lone warrior from the flashbacks in ep.3

Huh?

Now, I've really lost it. I thought that was a flashback to Willem's prior life..

From the opening:

Their hair must change in battle, or these aren't the same girls as the current ones:

ofmftb5.gif

My mind is numb right now.

I agree, it's confusing and I said as much in my review of the first episode. It's a flash forward as Jarmel said her hair color changes.

I guess they will spend more time explaining it as that battle approaches. I was under the impression that was the "one love" he had prior, but maybe that was only his sister he was referring to? He was a lone warrior from the flashbacks in ep.3

Nah I think you're confused again. At the end of Ep. 1 there's a flash back showing him having cared for a bunch of kids/orphans or whatever when he was much younger. That flashback is then continued, I think in Ep. 2 where we see him with several other sword wielders, before we get to Ep. 3 where we learn he was cursed and all that pizzazz.

I think it's an understated problem WorldEnd's first episode had, where it wasn't really clear what was a flashback or forward.

Cornbread78

I agree, it's confusing and I said as much in my review of the first episode. It's a flash forward as Jarmel said her hair color changes.

Nah I think you're confused again. At the end of Ep. 1 there's a flash back showing him having cared for a bunch of kids/orphans or whatever when he was much younger. That flashback is then continued, I think in Ep. 2 where we see him with several other sword wielders, before we get to Ep. 3 where we learn he was cursed and all that pizzazz.

I think it's an understated problem WorldEnd's first episode had, where it wasn't really clear what was a flashback or forward.

Yeah, that was pretty confusing, but now it makes more sense. I'll have to go back and watch the first three episodes with a different perspective now. Not that I mind because I really do like the show.

Now I know I need to go drink heavily before watching the final couple episodes and we witness that all go down in the present....

Cornbread78

Kino’s Journey ep. 6-7 “The Coliseum”
Well damn, that was pretty intense. Fitting ending for a country as fu(ked up as this one. Kino is a straight up bada$$ for fighting through everything and finding a way for a fitting ending Damn good stuff.

That guy thought Kino was a dude as well, lolololol "Kino-kun"

Ascheroth

Aha! I thought so. Though I didn't really realize he'd done the Attack on Titan Soundtrack too. Explains why I like it so much.

There's, probably, more action down the line, but do be aware outside of a brief fight scene in Ep. 2 it's been aaaallll info dump explaining/exploring the mechanics of the world.
Besides the ones mentioned he also did the soundtracks for Thunderbolt Fantasy, Guilty Crown, Blue Exorcist, Seven Deadly Sins (not the one from this season :p), Seraph of the End (as well as the OP and ED of the first season) and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Line_HTX

Aha! I thought so. Though I didn't really realize he'd done the Attack on Titan Soundtrack too. Explains why I like it so much.

There's, probably, more action down the line, but do be aware outside of a brief fight scene in Ep. 2 it's been aaaallll info dump explaining/exploring the mechanics of the world.

And Kabaneri as well. The best one is probably TBF for how silly it is, lol

Besides the ones mentioned he also did the soundtracks for Thunderbolt Fantasy, Guilty Crown, Blue Exorcist, Seven Deadly Sins (not the one from this season :p), Seraph of the End (as well as the OP and ED of the first season) and Xenoblade Chronicles X.

And Kabaneri as well. The best one is probably TBF for how silly it is, lol

Yeah I'd actually looked him up after last night. Explains why some of those soundtracks really stood out to me as so memorable.

Guilty Crown, Owari no Serafu, Sawano[nzk], are my favorite soundtracks of his. KLK and Kabaneri are probably the weakest ones, BLue Exorcist has some good ones as well, but some of the better tracks for BLue Exorcist arent composed by him. Thunderbolt Fantasy has some good songs too.

duckroll

Ok, I "need" to ask this... what are the odds we see a Vampire Hunter D3 at some point? Not to derail, but I'm sure most of you have a better idea than me :)

There is currently a project in motion between Unified Pictures and Digitial Frontier for a new Vampire Hunter D anime series, ten 1-hour long episodes per year, adapting stuff from the novels. It was announced in 2015 and progress seems slow, but it's not dead. Currently the stakeholders involved are also releasing a comic based on an unreleased short story by the original author - Message from Mars. The first issue is out and the second one has been delayed for a while now.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...d-has-new-animated-series-in-the-works/.89840
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-06-30/unified-pictures-and-vampire-hunter-d/.103801
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ickstarter-for-vampire-hunter-d-comic/.103790

BLack Clover

Probably, or rather definitely something more for readers than the general audience as I dont think it was THAT great to really get people interested, hopefully the tv anime handles better.

It could have used more explosions and actions, but I loved the friendship/love aka Rival aspect of it between Asta and Yuno, It was sweet and the background scenes or even moments with Yuno silently watching Asta and being inspired by him was a great moment continually.

angela doing the ED was pretty nice.

Love Yuno expressions.
C_ABXmwXoAIdHPR.jpg:large

Cornbread78

Wow at those funimation numbers. Would there be any downside to such an acquisition?

Would make sense for Sony, but they just finished consolidating their entire corporate structure a few years ago...

Would also open up/expand a new marketplace through direct PSN store sales.

So rumors are abound that Universal and Sony may try to buy Funimation.

That's not actually too surprising. What is surprising to me is how Funimation apparently "generates more than $100 million in annual sales, with growth exceeding 10 percent a year since 2013."

The article says that Universal ended up deciding to pass on a buyout offer and Funimation doesn't seem eager to sell themselves to another company, so I'm not sure if anything will end up actually happening in this regard. It does make sense that the niche anime market is one of the strongest remaining areas for DVD/BD sales.

Aki-at

Full Metal Panic! - 1

Never saw this series back when it first hit but was always meaning to check it out because of the giant killer teddy... bears? What better time to pick stuff up than a quiet season for me.

Some jokes went way over my head but overall I enjoyed it, seems like it'll be fun and silly times.

Ascheroth

Clockwork Planet 05

Huh, was it just me or did this episode look noticeably better than the rest of the show at times?
They're certainly speeding through things quite a bit. They cut down the entire infiltration chapter of that one cyborg group to 2 minutes or something and skipped all the school parts (again), but did have enough time for a beach part and fanservice, of course.
I was also never a fan of the crass 'humor' with that one message Marie received, and it's not different in the anime.

I was also curious how a certain big thing would look in the anime, and well:

Also this guy was way too short-lived:
Gm3REAC.jpg

That's how you light a cigeratte with style.

...I'm also not exactly sure why I'm spending this much effort on write-ups for a show I wouldn't even really recommend watching, lol.

Beyblade Burst Episode 14: The Battle We Promised (EngDub)!

Injury plot played out how I expected though didnt anticipate Shu actually becoming even stronger with the injury, wow. I hope his arm wont fall off or something, mine hurts just imagining him still going through with things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom