• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on board with Re:Creators being a really dumb and wacky light novel crossover thing, but not so much with it being infodump the show.

duckroll

I was on board with Re:Creators being a really dumb and wacky light novel crossover thing, but not so much with it being infodump the show.

Yeah I don't understand why they're spending so much time on making the show less watchable When the episode started with NotJeanneDark and CrudCrapperSakura I thought it was finally going to take advantage of the multi-perspective angle and tell interesting stories. Nope, back to Meteobore infodumping shit I couldn't care less about. She drones on and on too. Insufferable.

Clov

That seems stupidly expensive, but I honestly don't know with anime anymore.

It's a bit unusual as Hyouka is a somewhat older show, which Funimation usually would release in one big set for that price. It's likely because they're dubbing it; they'll make up the costs by splitting the release into two.

I think I'm actually going to wait for the inevitable SAVE release after not enough people buy Hyouka.
Or, the Anime Classics release after enough people do. Either way, I'd rather have it all at once.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a bit unusual as Hyouka is a somewhat older show, which Funimation usually would release in one big set for that price. It's likely because they're dubbing it; they'll make up the costs by splitting the release into two.

I think I'm actually going to wait for the inevitable SAVE release after not enough people buy Hyouka.
Or, the Anime Classics release after enough people do. Either way, I'd rather have it all at once.
I guess that makes sense. I just saw that Nicihjou went up by like 20 bucks after it came out, so I kind of wanted to avoid that though.

jbug617

Banned
I guess that makes sense. I just saw that Nicihjou went up by like 20 bucks after it came out, so I kind of wanted to avoid that though.

RS had sold out of the initial shipment so I don't know if Funimation expect it to sell as well as it did. I had it preordered and I had to wait till they got a new shipment in.

Jarmel

Banned
Yeah I don't understand why they're spending so much time on making the show less watchable When the episode started with NotJeanneDark and CrudCrapperSakura I thought it was finally going to take advantage of the multi-perspective angle and tell interesting stories. Nope, back to Meteobore infodumping shit I couldn't care less about. She drones on and on too. Insufferable.

I'm pretty surprised Hiroe is fucking up this bad. Dude is generally a LOT better than this.

duckroll

I'm pretty surprised Hiroe is fucking up this bad. Dude is generally a LOT better than this.

Every episode of the show credits 3 writers for script. Hiroe, Aoki, some dude who is probably paid to actually put it all together into a screenplay. I'll take a stab and guess that this is an "idea" driven project rather than a script driven project. Which might be the problem.

Line_HTX

I'm kind of glad Hiroe took responsibility for this episode on Twitter. Honestly, that was inexcusable.

Make it 33 episodes instead of 22.

Jarmel

Banned
Every episode of the show credits 3 writers for script. Hiroe, Aoki, some dude who is probably paid to actually put it all together into a screenplay. I'll take a stab and guess that this is an "idea" driven project rather than a script driven project. Which might be the problem.

Well Hiroe is claiming this shit so I don't know...

Cornbread78

Beck ep.2
rMvfjaa.jpg
Looks like we're gonna have a battle to see who can form the "ultimate band" first. Hopefully, the MC doesn't bother with the childhood friend and goes after Ryosuke's imouto instead.

KADO: The Right Answer Episode 3 – Wam

If only Wam were really, all our problems would be solved.

Where was the international representation at this, and why, with mans first conference with an other universly being are people still going about their daily business???

Smally moments were really nice, like Shindo sometimes cutting Yaha-kui zaShunina short for his difficult explanations or their random rambling about misunderstandings versus speed.

Clov

Yeah, I think it's just Amazon being weird. The prices can be good if you order early enough, but for some reason they often jump back up afterwards.

The worst thing about Re:Creators is that the OP song is growing on me. It's growing like a fungus. Send help.

My wife loves the OP too. I think it's by the same composer/artist that did the Gundam Unicorn Re:0096 OP and EDs, which she also loved despite hating Gundam in general.

Aki-at

Re:Creators - 1

So with everyone pouring hate on the latest episode I decided to take the plunge.

I really enjoyed Last Action Hero as a kid that I still love it to this day. Fictional characters coming to our world is something I want to see more of. I also need to make use of my Amazon Prime membership. Need to get my money's worth afterall!

But this is stupid, I'm not going to watch anym- wait she has a violin submachine gun wait what?

Bland MC does nothing for me but I'm going to stick with it for the dumb action.

You are correct. Gundam Unicorn composer Hiroyuki Sawano is responsible for Re:Creators' music, as he was for Aldnoah/Zero, Kill la Kill, and Attack on Titan.

He's duckroll's favorite composer.

Aha! I thought so. Though I didn't really realize he'd done the Attack on Titan Soundtrack too. Explains why I like it so much.

Re:Creators - 1

So with everyone pouring hate on the latest episode I decided to take the plunge.

I really enjoyed Last Action Hero as a kid that I still love it to this day. Fictional characters coming to our world is something I want to see more of. I also need to make use of my Amazon Prime membership. Need to get my money's worth afterall!

But this is stupid, I'm not going to watch anym- wait she has a violin submachine gun wait what?

Bland MC does nothing for me but I'm going to stick with it for the dumb action.

There's, probably, more action down the line, but do be aware outside of a brief fight scene in Ep. 2 it's been aaaallll info dump explaining/exploring the mechanics of the world.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G NEXT Episode 22 - Creeping Menace
C-8rWVpWAAAQAo_.jpg:small

LINK JOKER is back, I loved these, Star Vader Chaos Breaker Dragon is gonna be great.

Kouji and Chrono there was pretty good moment too. Cant wait for all the pieces to come together for Chrono.

Aki-at

There's, probably, more action down the line, but do be aware outside of a brief fight scene in Ep. 2 it's been aaaallll info dump explaining/exploring the mechanics of the world.

Oh? Might dump it by episode 3 then, even the action isn't particularly impressive to me after a diet of Tiger Mask and Samurai Jack, just the absurdity of it. And trying to build a world/explain mechanics of where fictional characters come to life seems like a waste of time.

Oh? Might dump it by episode 3 then, even the action isn't particularly impressive to me after a diet of Tiger Mask and Samurai Jack, just the absurdity of it. And trying to build a world/explain mechanics of where fictional characters come to life seems like a waste of time.

I wouldn't really call it a waste, although on Gaf I seem to be in the extreme minority on it. but if you're not interested in that exploration of the idea yeah doesn't sound like you should stick with it.

100% Teacher Pascal Episode 2

Main episode was hilarious for the physical exam stuff, lol. The pay to have an extra inch added or some Kg taken off made me laugh a lot, as well as the part with the Spirometer.

ED is unique.
C-8wUn3WsAQ4Qsp.jpg:small
C-8wiX2XYAIMt3W.jpg:small

Jarmel

Banned
After LWA I don't ever want to hear someone say that a script doesn't matter or is less important for an anime just because of the importance of directors and storyboarders.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
After LWA I don't ever want to hear someone say that a script doesn't matter or is less important for an anime just because of the importance of directors and storyboarders.

This is like when lisa lost her faith in democracy.

The worst thing about Re:Creators is that the OP song is growing on me. It's growing like a fungus. Send help.
It's got nothing on Kado's OP though. Or AoT2. I'd say it would rank 3rd if I were to rank the 3 of them. Not bad, but not the best of the season. This season is pretty "meh" in the OP department in general.

trejo

Re:Creators is like if you took that one scene from the first episode of Fate Zero where two characters circle around a third character sitting in a chair and proceed to vomit exposition at him nonstop but extended it to four full episodes and counting.

Jarmel

Banned
LWA TV-17

I thought of writing about how fucking ratchet the writing was this episode but decided it's not even worth my time other than this:
HhSz0sX.jpg

because you know thats the only character type at this school
stupid
By73Il0.jpg

coming up with a plan? fuck that
stupid
vmkajbP.jpg

oh hey we'll just torture and murder some people
stupid
ttdkKvO.jpg

i know you were about to torture people but its cool i respect your ideology
stupid
pgSGvGh.jpg

this school looks to be about as well supervised as luna nova
stupid

It's not even worth my time dissecting this when it's clear the scriptwriter is using the show as a free meal. Akko seeing the cubes she should recognize and dismissing it as lol whatever is just insultingly lazy. There's other larger thematic issues with this episode but fuck that, I have better shit to do.

LWA TV-17

I thought of writing about how fucking ratchet the writing was this episode but decided it's not even worth my time other than this:

stupid

stupid

stupid

stupid

stupid

It's not even worth my time dissecting this when it's clear the scriptwriter is using the show as a free meal. Akko seeing the cubes she should recognize and dismissing it as lol whatever is just insultingly lazy. There's other larger thematic issues with this episode but fuck that, I have better shit to do.

The white surpremist angle pretty much oozes from the images alone

zulux21

with persona 5 out of the way for me and my wife it's time to watch some inferior anime.

Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor episode 2
I was ready to drop this show after the horrid first episode... but people told me that it got better. Have I mentioned I hate people in general? oh wait, this time they were right. The second episode was actually enjoyable and fun. nothing like the first ep at all. doesn't hurt his english voice is exactly how I imagined it :p

WorldEnd: What are you doing at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? ep 1

eh... was alright, a bit slow but ideally will get somewhere sometime.

The Royal Tutor 1
better than expected but would have preferred if it was just a ouran high school host club knock off. willing to give this another ep at least.

KADO: The Right Answer 00

Zzz Zzz Zzz
the last 30 seconds will get me to tune into the next ep, but aside from my personal goal of seeing at least 3 episodes of every dubbed funimation show I don't think I have a ton of motivation to watch this one right now.

love tyrant 2
after how horrible the first ep was, the second ep was at least watchable.

Meier

Shingeki no Bahamut looks decent from the images posted. Worth checking out for someone who watches very little anime?

WorldEnd 4
okay.jpg

I feel like this would make for a more interesting show.

You see, the biggest problem with WorldEnd is we know this happiness isn't gonna last due to the flashforward. The thing is the stuff leading up to the moment we've seen is exactly engaging. That's the problem with flashforwards, they take away the mystery of how the story will end, only leaving the mystery of how it'll get to the end. So when you have an episode like this where not much is happening, it just feels twice as empty.

I'm at that awkward point where I don't wanna spend that much on Hyouka when I hope it'll go down in price, but if it doesn't sell well it'll be used as an excuse to not bring in harder to sell Anime to the West

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom