• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kabuki Club Episode 3
C_BGW5DXkAAVNIQ.jpg:small
C_BGjjsW0AAArYk.jpg:small

I dont understand how people see her as fat, but, some of the things she says is LOL, especially the part about glasses, Maruko is a great addition.

Performance in the office was great.
C_BKRRCW0AQyb7A.jpg:small

Tsuki ga kirei - 05

Honestly speaking, idek why these two kids like one another. Seems like the other love interest in both their lives is much better for both. Kotarou and Akane can't even speak to each other outside of LINE, while with Chinatsu and Takumi respectively they can. Sigh.

Re:Creators 3

What? The episodes go by so fast, I didnt realize seeing the process of LN concept to full colored art would be so intriguing and lengthy. I loved it and kind of hope we get to see something similar with Meteora.

I hope we do see how the creator can perhaps change things in the real.

Oh wow Amazon prime Canada finally put up all thei missing Sentai shows and added the episodes that were missing for those that were there. Kabukibu, ATOM, Oratoria and Grimoire.

I know what I am watching next.

KraytarJ

Oh wow Amazon prime Canada finally put up all thei missing Sentai shows and added the episodes that were missing for those that were there. Kabukibu, ATOM, Oratoria and Grimoire.

I know what I am watching next.
Finally! Now I can finally check out Grimoire at least.

cj_iwakura

Izetta 08

Funny how the two main characters are living in their sparkly happy-go-lucky Yuri romance but everyone else is fighting straight up cold War.

Cornbread78

Saekano S2 ep.4
Uta is trying so damn hard. How does he not jump on that when given a clear opening? That ending with Kato though... damn. It's now clear who is gonna win the Mr. Ethical sweepstakes...

Taruranto

Natsume Roku #3

Man the episodes are good but this season look cheap as hell.

Hopefully next episode will look a bit better 'cause Natori.

The Silver Guardian Episode 4 – Suigin Receives a Loss!

Get back to the graverobber plot, that was an interesting addition but it was so short, the out of gameworld stuff pales in comparison.

Kabukibu 3
Oh man this episode pretty much confirms it for me, but Kurusu's passion is really the driving factor for me liking the show. He has this pureness and deep fanboyism for the art of kabuki, but not in any annoying way. He shows others his passion through performance and knowledge. I really respect/like this type of character. Also he is cute so +10. Seeing his hope crushed at the start because of a missunderstandong on his part was both hilarious and understandable. But what really made this episode great was the moment in the teachers room. Kurusu you are amazing. He actually makes me interested in kabuki.

Cornbread78

Tsuki ga Kirei ep.5
The show captures the awkwardness of young love perfectly, but yeah, there's no way these kids make it all season. Bringing up the Kokoro/love triangle stuff was perfect because the alternate pairings are really better suited to work out. Either way, the show continues to be really cute.

KraytarJ

Grimoire of Zero 1
Whole lotta exposition of the top, which sounds bad but because I've been wanting something like this for a while I didn't mind it too much. Zero seems great, she was already pretty high in my mind before it was revealed she's some sort of magical genius or something. There's some interesting things at play here, and while it could very well fall flat, I'm interested so far.

Planetes 13

Wow, this was actually a really strong episode. I was wary of it at first, and Hachimaki's brother seemed like he'd be annoying, but I really liked the way the episode humanized all the characters. It provided a nice resolution to Yuri's character arc, and even made Hachimaki and Tanabe's romance believable. My favorite scene was the one in the grocery store, where Hachimaki ran into an old high school friend who's now married with a baby and has traded in his motorcycle for a minivan. It captures that moment when you look around and see your peers growing up and settling into their lives and start to examine what you've accomplished and what you really want out of life. One of the most thoughtful episodes of the show.

zulux21

Wow at those funimation numbers. Would there be any downside to such an acquisition?

the downside would be that sony if they bought funimation might have funimation release anime the way they used to which would put them closer to aniplex prices with likely the same quality funimation has right now.

I don't recall what else they released but sony is the ones that released the bebop movie and blood + (blood + still hasn't gotten another printing :/)

best case would be that sony lets funimation continue what they are doing just making them more of a focus on the psn and giving them more money for licenses.

worst case would be sony buying them and trying to micromanage them into media blasters relevance.

Tsuki ga kirei - 05

Honestly speaking, idek why these two kids like one another. Seems like the other love interest in both their lives is much better for both. Kotarou and Akane can't even speak to each other outside of LINE, while with Chinatsu and Takumi respectively they can. Sigh.

Honestly I think that's what is going to happen.

KraytarJ

Grimoire of Zero 2
So I'm starting to get this all sorted, the timeline was confusing me for a bit but Sorena's killing is what led to the renewed hostilities between humans and witches, if I understand this properly. Also, the ED is probably the standout of the season.

Monster Hunter Stories Ride On Episode 29 – The Dragon in the Sea of Fire
C_CJa4wXsAA9EXY.jpg:small
C_CJa4sXoAIAehE.jpg:small

Cheval is going deep down the hatred path wow, if he will really try to off Leolaeus right in front of his dear friend...then, worst character move ever. Lute can tell him to change his ways somehow I hope. Im surprised no one has even confronted Cheval about this, what were they doing, silently following his every order with no question?

Grimoire of Zero 2
So I'm starting to get this all sorted, the timeline was confusing me for a bit but Sorena's killing is what led to the renewed hostilities between humans and witches, if I understand this properly. Also, the ED is probably the standout of the season.

i mean

were you really confused in the lore as to why witches are hated in shows with ye olde villagers?

Re:Creators 2

So Re:Creators takes a decent concept and does the absolute worst thing it can do with it. It takes itself seriously. There's no reason for this show to take itself so seriously. We're introduced to a magical girl in this episode who just lazily strolls into the plot, because I guess they felt the episode needed to end on a fight. Before confronting the rest of the cast she's stopped by a bunch of kids who recognize her.....and then nothing happens. The episode just continues on like she wasn't stopped at all. The show completely whiffs its fish out of water potential for wankery about the nature of creating stories.

blurr

Hello, I guess I can finally get back to watching anime but before that:

Persona 5

This is the longest JRPG I've played IIRC and also the fastest I've finished one (since P3P) and that's quite telling on how gripping it can be.

I adore the themes and the narrative goals but I'm not exactly a fan of its execution to some extent(owing to the dialogue or the writing in general). There are definitely moments I felt like a badass phantom thief but for a game I spent nearly 100 hours in, they are a bit more spread out than I'd like them to be.

Some of the character development goes leaps and bounds through Confidants but feels jarring when they're the same as ever in the main story cutscenes. Not a great experience. I like that I can
help out confidants by changing hearts in mementos but it's a rather static system, it would be cool if I had the liberty to change the heart at whatever confidant rank I wanted than a specific rank(without which I can't progress further).

On the flip side, Confidants unlock a lot of abilities in combat, it's really worth spending time even partially completing them, most Confidants I've engaged in have interesting stories to tell as well.

There are minor tweaks in the game play design from the previous games that make it more engaging. Dungeon design is a whole new beast, every one of them was great sans one of the later ones that dragged on a bit.

Not sure if ending or episode 12 of Mob Psycho 100

Planetes 14

Man, this episode was really good too. The ending was one of the best kisses I've seen on screen. (Well, I didn't actually see it on screen, but you know.)

Re:Creators 2

So Re:Creators takes a decent concept and does the absolute worst thing it can do with it. It takes itself seriously. There's no reason for this show to take itself so seriously.

Duckroll poo-poohed me at the time, but I knew it would turn out this way from the trailers.

Qvoth

lttp but i heard the yuri on ice piano theme for the 1st time while on a twitch stream, and now i wanna check it out
what episode was the song played? will probably just watch that episode

jonjonaug

lttp but i heard the yuri on ice piano theme for the 1st time while on a twitch stream, and now i wanna check it out

It's the main character's free skate theme, it's played multiple times throughout the series along with a bunch of other good music.

Gingakai no Gadians 2

Actually really enjoyable. Probably my favorite branch of the MCU movies. By far the best MCU villain, felt like there was actually something to him and thats a first. Well besides Ultron, who had something to him - being a bad Ultron. And its not just because its Kurt Russel, who I love deeply. That helps though.

Might lean a bit too hard on references to stuff like Cheers and old 80s music but its counterbalanced with other actually good pop culture jokes like the Mary Poppins one.

Drax MVP though. He was hysterical in this.

zulux21

to appreciate it you really should just watch the whole series.

the song you are talking about represents the character growth the main character goes through through out the series.

plus it's short, and if you like english dubs it's amazing hearing vegeta(chris sabat) play a super sexual homosexual.

KraytarJ

Love Tyrant 5
So not only is Shikimi a heart-eyed sadist but she's also a masochist and a really deranged one at that. I think I'm in love.

Planetes 13

Wow, this was actually a really strong episode. I was wary of it at first, and Hachimaki's brother seemed like he'd be annoying, but I really liked the way the episode humanized all the characters. It provided a nice resolution to Yuri's character arc, and even made Hachimaki and Tanabe's romance believable. My favorite scene was the one in the grocery store, where Hachimaki ran into an old high school friend who's now married with a baby and has traded in his motorcycle for a minivan. It captures that moment when you look around and see your peers growing up and settling into their lives and start to examine what you've accomplished and what you really want out of life. One of the most thoughtful episodes of the show.

Oh cool. I just read the first few chapters of the manga, found it for two dollars at savers. Sounds like the anime really adds a lot though if you're talking about the material I think you're talking about.

Dekutulla

Your Name.

Saw it at a local theater with some friends; very nice movie. Taught me a lesson - stop reading plot summaries for films just because you think you won't watch them. I probably would have enjoyed the movie a lot more if I hadn't literally read the summary a few days before on the assumption that I had missed my chance. Regardless, it's a great watch.

I keep thinking it's called "Your Story.", though

Honestly I think that's what is going to happen.
Yeah I'd shocked if they didn't do that with how heavily they seem to be steering this show's direction in. I'm hoping this isn't one of those "uguu, we love each other so much that no one else matters" and end up keeping the status quo they have happening now. I think what they have would be a nice way of growing up and figuring themselves out, and hopefully from there make a decision based on who they partner up best with.

Saekano S2 04

I'm pretty sure this is the first time he's actually seen her naked, least I think it is.

Clockwork Planet 05

I'm waiting for that moment Marie falls in loves with Naoto and they beat the little sister and thus Naoto has his harem.

busou shoujo machiavellianism 05

This episode/show continues with my greatest anime fight scene scene: one fighter is clearly outmatch and suffered numerous wounds yet the one time they hit the foe is a OHKO despite the foe being supposedly strong.

This particular thing happens way too often in anime and as far as I'm concern is just an example of the writers being fucking lazy. If this happens in a fight I don't consider that a good fight at all and I don't care what fucking animator put his heart, soul and first born son into it.

Clov

the downside would be that sony if they bought funimation might have funimation release anime the way they used to which would put them closer to aniplex prices with likely the same quality funimation has right now.

I don't recall what else they released but sony is the ones that released the bebop movie and blood + (blood + still hasn't gotten another printing :/)

best case would be that sony lets funimation continue what they are doing just making them more of a focus on the psn and giving them more money for licenses.

worst case would be sony buying them and trying to micromanage them into media blasters relevance.

Supposing Funimation was bought out by Sony Pictures, they would definitely not adopt Aniplex's pricing. Look at the other anime Sony Pictures has released; Paprika, Tekkonkinkreet, The Sky Crawlers, the Final Fantasy CG films... None of these have Aniplex pricing. In fact, some of these releases have been cheaper than a typical movie release from Funimation!

Sony has many different divisions. Believe it or not, Aniplex has nothing to do with Sony Pictures at all; it's a division owned by Sony Music. Sony Pictures doesn't get to boss them around, from my understanding. It's strange and a bit redundant, but that's how it is. If anything changed at Funimation as a result of a Sony Pictures buyout, it would not be their pricing.

Theonik

Sony actually has a decent video mastering division in contrast to the appalling mess Funimation likes to call disk authoring.

Clov

Sony actually has a decent video mastering division in contrast to the appalling mess Funimation likes to call disk authoring.

Thinking about it, it actually could be pretty great if they got Sony Pictures to handle the authoring. I'm not convinced it will happen, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom