• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it only took 25 episodes and 3/4 of a movie until we got a full music performance - extra points for no filler scenes like unanimated crowd or scenery shots.

I don't even know what was the point of the movie but at least it had some nice Chihaya character developement and scenes.

Gonna watch WUG now.

Dali

Post credit scenes are the worst when they actually are pertinent to the story.

Watching rage of the bahamut and it's pretty annoying.

Puruzi

Banned
I8n4Ir0.jpg

Smol Kobayashi

kewlmyc

Y'all trippin'. Kobayashi is one of the broest anime characters to come out in years.

Would totally have a few beers with her.

But she's a wild drunk, very dangerous.

I mean she pulled a sword out of a dragon and thought nothing of it, she might get ya'll in trouble.

Just T

Pretty much got behind during the Winter season but completed a couple of shows

Rakugo Descending Stories: 12

Not sure how I feel about the reveal that was in this episode tbh…..but overall this second half was pretty good and kept me as entertained as the first did.

3 Gatsu no Lion: 22

I have mixed feelings about this one. First of all, the visuals were great, as expected from Shaft. As for the overall content, I enjoyed the show most when it had those serious introspective moments. The comedy whiplash in this was just too much, the bubbly fun had some moments that fit well to show how the girls and other people added some color to his life but overall, it’s really overbearing. To switch from a quiet moment to talking expressions and animals was doing too much and it was constant. If that side of the show was implemented differently think it would have improved it a lot.

Demi-Chan: 12

Managed to get a relaxing show in. The main characters were pretty good, each had a humorous side to them and of course had their problems, how they were handled was entertaining. Not sure if there is enough material for another season but would watch it.

Konosuba S2: 10

10 episodes just ain't enough but this second season was also hilariously good and ugly as the first.

Gintama: 328

Lastly this, the Battle on Rakuyo arc was straight, some parts felt rushed but tbh kinda glad they were, didn’t want to linger on some of them.

Now then, going to start the Spring season with some marathons, Uchouten Kazoku second season first.

Clov

Kind of wish Funimation's BD had better quality looking video.

A lot of us do, honestly. They do have some discs that look pretty good (their Ping-Pong release looked pretty nice to me), but others clearly needed better work done. They're no Discotek, that's for sure.

Clov

Speaking of Discotek, I really need to preorder their Seha Girls release. I need to show everyone those Virtua Fighter and Space Channel 5 episodes.

blurr

Sakura Quest 04-05

Aside from the little bit on Sanae's existential crisis, there's been little that managed to maintain my interest these two episodes. The resolution over how Ranma would be used had a little surprise by the end of it but not without some absurdity.

I like Koharu but I unfortunately don't share her enthusiasm on the setting. The character idiosyncracies more or less remain consistent but the chemistry between the girls leaves a lot to desire beyond the ocassional name calling. That's fine mostly but with a setting like this, there's ample opportunity to bank on characters and their interactions. Let's hope this gets better since it's still pretty early on in the show.

Clov

I'll have to look more carefully because funimation's BD look damn good on my TV.

What releases do you have? It really varies depending on the title. A lot of them have some pretty bad banding at times, like Lain or Nichijou during dimly lit scenes.

What releases do you have? It really varies depending on the title. A lot of them have some pretty bad banding at times, like Lain or Nichijou during dimly lit scenes.
Hummm I have
Noragami
FREE!
All of their Black Butlers
Seraph of the end
YuYu hakusho
FMAb
Akira
All of their Mamoru Hosada releaes
Other stuff.

I havent checked my MHA and Grimgar ones yet.

Clov

Hummm I have
Noragami
FREE!
All of their Black Butlers
Seraph of the end
YuYu hakusho
FMAb
Akira
All of their Mamoru Hosada releaes
Other stuff.

I havent checked my MHA and Grimgar ones yet.

Out of those I only have Summer Wars, Wolf Children, and Free (S2). The Hosoda films did look good, and what I watched of the BD Free seemed fine, but I can't speak for the rest. Reviews on sites like Blu-ray.com might give you a better idea about the image quality of the rest, so you can understand​ what we're seeing that we don't like in Funimation's discs.

Just realized Anchor Bay is the one doing the physical release of Yu-Gi-Oh dark side of dimension. I don't know how to feel.
Out of those I only have Summer Wars, Wolf Children, and Free (S2). The Hosoda films did look good, and what I watched of the BD Free seemed fine, but I can't speak for the rest. Reviews on sites like Blu-ray.com might give you a better idea about the image quality of the rest, so you can understand​ what we're seeing that we don't like in Funimation's discs.
Sure, I'll check it out.

phaze

EF - A Tale of Melodies 01

Takeuchi putting in that Shaftest shift since maybe Soultaker even.

Are bits of that OP animated on ones ? Silhoettes and all so that wouldn't be too hard but still looks real nice.

Kado: The Right Answer 5

Japan just trolled the entire UN. Amazing.

This didn't go down quite the way I thought it might, though the practical effect seems much the same.
(Instead of a physical bomb, Japan dropped an intellectual bomb on the world.)
It does confirm my reading of the alien's statement as to why he came to Japan as accurate: the Japanese really are better at sharing than everyone else in this world. Or at least their government is.

EF - A Tale of Melodies 01

Takeuchi putting in that Shaftest shift since maybe Soultaker even.

Are bits of that OP animated on ones ? Silhoettes and all so that wouldn't be too hard but still looks real nice.
Probably my second favorite anime series. Hope you enjoy it!

The problem wasn't on my side!

But you guys could still dump MikeHattsu and join the New Year party train! Less shrines and anime studios and more nightlife and NMB48 antics!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kado Episode 5:

Yea, don't care how much of a hype job the show does, Otaku Scientist just clashes too much to retain any sense of real credibility here. As far as the resolution they enacted, it is what I suspected would be unleashed. Still getting the feeling that the alien doesn't quite get the nature of humanity, but more then the obvious weaponiziation potential is other concerns but like in real life that has never stopped humanity from using a fuel source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom