• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kado: The Right Answer 5

Japan just trolled the entire UN. Amazing.

This didn't go down quite the way I thought it might, though the practical effect seems much the same.
(Instead of a physical bomb, Japan dropped an intellectual bomb on the world.)
It does confirm my reading of the alien's statement as to why he came to Japan as accurate: the Japanese really are better at sharing than everyone else in this world. Or at least their government is.

I never thought it was a literal
bomb, I always though to be a metaphore. For now the show's characters don't really seem the violent type nor the story seems to go to the action genre.

Looks like funimatiom is losing the license of black butler season 1 soon.

Which is kind of weird in a way since they got book of Atlantic.

But you guys could still dump MikeHattsu and join the New Year party train!

Oi!

Both planes and places to stay are booked now!

uBOO6ed.jpg

kewlmyc

A lot of us do, honestly. They do have some discs that look pretty good (their Ping-Pong release looked pretty nice to me), but others clearly needed better work done. They're no Discotek, that's for sure.

Funimation's Psycho-Pass BD release has so many crushed blacks, it's depressing.

hampig

Silver Spoon ep.6-7

This friggen' show is great! The characters are all good and the show does a great job of juggling between the the comedy and more serious moments. Comedic timing has actually been really good and not causing mood whiplash half the time..

Who knew a show about farming hicks could be so much fun.

Awesome to see some Silver Spoon in here! My favorite from a few years back, has a very unique atmosphere to it and really lovable characters.

KraytarJ

Sakura Quest 5
Nice to see IT-chan come to grips with who she really is and what she's really doing in Mayonama, and she's clearly going to end up with Tatsuo I mean when even the fortune-teller is shipping you it's going to happen. The scene with sandals being revealed as a renowned artist to then immediately put in the back of a cop car was ace. Though I'm really not sure about this 100 year plan thing. Also ED narrator dude has the best English I've ever seen in anime.

Gulz1992

Been watching Berserk 2017. I'll just copy what I posted about the new episode.

Episode 6

giphy.gif

In all honesty, there was nothing truly terrible about this episode. Don't get me wrong, it still has the quality of a movie based on a video game. It's just now on the level of a Paul W. S. Anderson film as opposed to the Uwe Boll-tier level of the other episodes.

With that said, this did have a couple of good scenes like when Schierke is casting the barrier spell around the church. They have some decent effects for her astral form and the Elemental Kings, as well as Serpico's elemental sword. I also was pleasantly surprised that the camera work during the action wasn't nauseating. I actually would go as far as to say that I enjoyed the action somewhat. The story pacing also wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I figured that this episode would try to cram-in the entire village defense, but they're instead splitting that into two episodes. This is definitely an improvement and is what they should have also done for the Hill of Swords scene.

The textures on the character models look as bad as ever and the animation continues to look robotic, though.

Lastly, the PS2 game still did this scene better.

Clov

Looks like funimatiom is losing the license of black butler season 1 soon.

Which is kind of weird in a way since they got book of Atlantic.

All the Black Butler anime Funimation has is licensed from Aniplex Japan. Lately they seemingly haven't been allowing their licenses to be renewed, likely so their subsidiary Aniplex of America can use the streaming rights (and home video rights, in the future). Basically, if you like Black Butler S1, but don't own a copy now, buy one before you regret it.

The situation with Book of the Atlantic is odd though. Aniplex of America's Twitter was tweeting about it a while back, so I expected they would release it. I guess Funimation just offered Aniplex Japan a boatload of cash to license the newest entry. Black Butler is pretty popular here, so I'm sure it will pay off for them.

Funimation's Psycho-Pass BD release has so many crushed blacks, it's depressing.

Yeah, that's another common complaint about their discs. I remember reading it was pretty bad on that release too.

Bahamut Virgin Dragon - 05

And there it is. They have 'run out of budget' so to speak. That was impressively boring. If they don't give us Favaro next episode I'm likely out and I fear they're saving him for the halfway point.

Gulz1992

Look, dude, you can't post that gif and then say nothing was truly terrible.

That honestly is not the worst thing I've seen in this show. Nothing truly abysmal, I guess, would be more of the phrase :p

Then again, my expectations for this anime are so low that it's easy to surpass them.

Ascheroth

Kado 05

Yeah, that wasn't exactly what I thought would happen, but it makes sense. Quite ballsy though.
Scientist was great.
Well, they opened the floodgates, I want to see what happens next.

King's Avatar 05

APM APM APM APM APM APM APM APM APM

Commencing Noob training. Gotta break that raid record established by the pros with the power of smugness.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Virgin Soul Episode 5

More then a lack of Favorau, the biggest problem with this series is they doubled down on the serious and edgy shit that wasn't all that interesting in the first season.

Line_HTX

King's Avatar 05

APM APM APM APM APM APM APM APM APM

Commencing Noob training. Gotta break that raid record established by the pros with the power of smugness.

This one was the most Gary Stu episode I've seen, but damnit I find myself liking the brand new player and his Asuna-ripoff established gunner.

Ascheroth

This one was the most Gary Stu episode I've seen, but damnit I find myself liking the brand new player and his Asuna-ripoff established gunner.
Yeah, Ye Xiu is totally as Gary Stu as it gets. The fun kind though. I like how he teams up with noobs and pros alike.
But I can't remember any of the character names xD

Qurupeke

Virgin Soul 5
Once again, it seems that S2 has a much different pacing compared to its prequel. It was a slow but nice episode, at least as far as anything out of the main story is concerned. A lot of funny moments, which prove that side characters like Rita or Bacchus are such a vital part of the show. Especially Rita, her reaction faces killed me.

And 10 bucks that Mugaro is a boy.

Jarmel

Banned
Kado-5

This was the logical solution to the problem but I didn't expect it to happen so soon.
Open source that bitch.

rip oil and gas companies

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I was waiting the entire episode for Yahakui to say "That is... Kado: The Right Answer" but he never did.

Hollywood/GAF has ruined me.

I dont mind the ultra-eccentric scientist girl in Kado. She reminds me of Hange from Attack on Titan, and she's way better then the equivalent in Shin Godzilla.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Season 1 Episode 30 – No Tomato
C_GN8WFW0AEsPwD.jpg:small

Tomatos are actually really disgusting. I probably would have lost this duel with the basket rule. Then crossing tomato with a cucumber? What, disgusting.

I dont mind the ultra-eccentric scientist girl in Kado. She reminds me of Hange from Attack on Titan, and she's way better then the equivalent in Shin Godzilla.

She's basically the equivalent of the eccentric scientist in a Hollywood film, like Jeff Goldblum's character in Independence Day or even Doc Brown from Back to the Future, only since she's female and Japanese and voiced by Rie Kugimiya she takes on characteristics of the stereotypical anime genki girl.

When your government broadcasts how to make clean, safe fusion with arts and crafts supplies to the world:

If only it were that easy.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I rewatched that scene right after I finished because it was so amazing. The guy on the right's asshole is as puckered as his lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom