• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My Hero Academia Season 2, Episode 6:

I suppose the bigger question is how Endeavor never fell to the pitfall of evil given his character motivations, or rather I should say became an outright villain given some of the actions taken here.

I wish I was there
C_JjyTjUwAIhwv4.jpg:small

Grexeno

I suppose the bigger question is how Endeavor never fell to the pitfall of evil given his character motivations, or rather I should say became an outright villain given some of the actions taken here.
Well, being a hero is pretty much a dayjob in this universe. For all intents and purposes, Endeavor is a villain who never comes into conflict with the heroes.

Love Rice Episode 4

Im glad Hitomebore sister told him that his jokes werent funny lol, now we can finally move one step closer to the full HarveStars cast. The marriage Happy End with the rice ball was sweet.

This looks tasty.
C_J8pmyUwAADl72.jpg:small

Ascheroth

Re:Creators 05

Apologizes for all the talking in episode 4.
Proceeds to have episode 5 be monstly just talking as well. I swear this show is 90% just people walking while standing around or sitting. Well there was a 1 minute long action scene I suppose.

On the bright side it actually moved the story somewhat forward instead of being just exposition dump, so that was at least better. Some pretty amusing moments as well.
And yeah, Souta realized his connection to sword violinist. Although I'm not sure what exactly it is now, the subs were way too confusing during that scene.

Endeavor is one of the many things wrong with the heroes of the world of MHA. He's powerful, defeat villains, follow the society's rules and doesn't commit crimes. Altough he shows that he clearly isn't a hero-like figure he is still qualified to be one.

He also wants to dethrone All Might as the #1, it's not like he plans to kill him or something.

Kenka Bancho Otome -Girl Beats Boys- Episode 3 – The Supremely Stoic Punk
C_J-x9zU0AAaI99.jpg:small

Konpaku is possibly 2nd best after Totomaru, all his younger siblings are cute too. This type of character is really nice to have, but we have to wonder why is he in such a fight school.

The way they are doing this series is kind of refreshing based on the few others, the reflection while sitting in the chair like being interrogated aspect and sudden cuts to a few flashbacks keeps me interested.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Attack on Titan Season 2, Episode 6:

I do like that the main forces here figured out the long con before the big reveal but I don't think anybody was expecting such casualness.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Endeavor is one of the many things wrong with the heroes of the world of MHA. He's powerful, defeat villains, follow the society's rules and doesn't commit crimes. Altough he shows that he clearly isn't a hero-like figure he is still qualified to be one.

He also wants to dethrone All Might as the #1, it's not like he plans to kill him or something.

It is actually a bigger question of the world writ large given some of the egos involved, some of the heroes of both generations are motivated by dark ambitions and what keeps those in check? No so much about Endeavor or even Torodoki who is more the edgy anti-hero sidekick type but more Bakugo and his obvious faults.

I was expecting Kamille or Shinji as the base for the mecha pilot, but I got Aqua instead.

Aside from that, more exposition and infodump. It's pretty frustrating when everyone involved knows the main selling point of this show is to watch a battle royale of different anime cliches, but instead they spend every little second just talking and talking.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

Oh my God does anyone in this show know how to shut the hell up? Is one of their powers infinite lung capacity?
Re:Creators and Bahamut are both in a heated competition to produce unbearable anime monologues.

For a show about action and adventure story manga/anime people coming to the real world, they sure do talk a lot rather than fight or do anything else interesting.

It is actually a bigger question of the world writ large given some of the egos involved, some of the heroes of both generations are motivated by dark ambitions and what keeps those in check? No so much about Endeavor or even Torodoki who is more the edgy anti-hero sidekick type but more Bakugo and his obvious faults.
I think that in Bakugo's case dark ambition is a little extreme. He has the hero=powerful, so #1 hero=the best/most powerful as a state of mind. But he wants to be hero.

But yea the who is going makes things right and teach the good values? Is a good question. From what we know so far MHA is about the death of the symbol of peace (the perfect hero) and the passing of the torch to the next generation. So we should suppose that this will be a subject that will be aboarded.

Room Mate Episode 3 – Nishina Aoi Relaxes

Nishina Aoi isnt bad as well, very good smile he had after we cooked him dinner. If he can smile like that more please. And more incharacter Samurai moments would have been a blast too.

Dont like the ED changes it was better when they were nekkid on the couch not in the water reflection thing.

Kado 5

You were supposed to be the chosen one!, etc etc

Eh. In the end they just did what I was thinking two episodes ago (don't give bread, give the knowledge about how to do it), so all that tension that they try to do cutting scenes so we don't have the crucial info until the last minute reveal was worthless. It's something very basic and obvious. Hell, the first thing realistically humanity should have asked to the alien is about scientific knowledge (including wam).

Speaking of science, I'm sorry show, but this isn't a serious scientist researching a new energy form coming from another dimension.
It is a girl fondling lots of balls. That's it.
Just the easy way out, putting a group of scientists in front of a big chalkboard full of math equations would have been better.

And then we reach my other grievance of the series. From a supposedly 'serious and realistic' scifi story, the way is treating the governments is cartoony. They just depict the foreign nations as power-hungry, fear-of-change bullies
While on the other hand the Japanese government is peaceful, welcoming of change, generous, and basically ideal.
That's zero fucking nuance.

Jarmel

Banned
I actually feel that's pretty realistic in regards to how it handled the UN. That's almost exactly how it would play out with the US and Russia.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Season 1 Episode 34 – Shark Bait
C_KQKrcXgAIdaJH.jpg:small

Best Shark face.

I hope Shark continues to not go the evil bad route again, he already went there once, if he does it again it will be a bit dull. Quattro has the potential to lead him there which makes me worried.

Tres gave a good duel.

KraytarJ

My Hero Academia 19
Some backstory to best boy a.k.a. Todoroki and we're about to start the finals tournament with a lot of really interesting first round matchups. Things are looking real good right now.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would say it's Japan's PM that's the most unrealistic.

Abe would never give up the Wam. The cabinet seems more balanced.

BEYBLADE VForce #40 Squeeze Play

Please give Zeo a Bit Beast, hes has such good passion and determination, I loved how his bey kept on coming back to help, even pushing Denny's back several times.

I actually feel that's pretty realistic in regards to how it handled the UN. That's almost exactly how it would play out with the US and Russia.

Of course the UN would say the UN should be the one to deal with the alien.

What I don't like it's the portrayal of duality of the countries, with Japan being the saviors and good boys and all the rest of countries being egoistical and shit.

Speaking of what UN would say, there is another unrealistic part and it's that they wouldn't have threaten with with military action that soon, as you also have to be diplomatic: you don't want to show the aliens how divided and aggressive is humanity, and additionally they should fear the escalation of violence with the alien participating in it.

Qurupeke

AoT 31

Nailed it, the reveal was excellent.

Re:Creators and Bahamut are both in a heated competition to produce unbearable anime monologues.

Ouch.

Eh, I don't know. I feel that there would have been better communication in such a case. It makes sense for an anime to withhold information and drop them like a bomb in a conference, but it seems pretty stupid in real life. However, I'm mostly interested to see what the repercussions will be, because I can't see a "No crying over spilled milk" situation, which would make zero sense...

Sagrada Reset Episode 4

Sometimes the resets are a bit hard to follow especially with two of the characters retaining memories of timelines, so it kind of made it a bit difficult following Murase's emotional collapse as the climax began to develop.

Good plan and good conclusion, though is the dead girl still dead? Also wher did the MacGauffin go?

Hitsuchi needs more involvement, second best designed character.

I think Murase ability could have been explained better, is she just being able to teleport through barrier then solidify to cause matter displacement?
C_KfzGFWAAAXGln.jpg:small
C_KgehqXYAEY78x.jpg:small

Tsukigakirei Episode 4 – Passing Shower
C_Ko0r2XsAMzbbS.jpg:small

Skip to the end of every episode just for best boy and best pairing, so much more interesting than the main pairing of the anime.

Anime is so slow but it feels so familiar and at least interesting seeing the random school kids just live out their days, romance feels a bit on the very weak side but for just forming friendships and stuff, it isnt that bad.

AoT 31

3 minutes of recap and cg titan, but that reveal and ending were quite amazing so it's easy to forgive. That reveal tho. It came out of nowhere lol. But finally Eren and co are entering the show in more major ways. Nothing against the other guys, but I sure ain't watching the show for them. I am also surprised
Ymir is alive? She sure did not look like any sort of alive to me.

Conan-san

Eromanga Sensei 5
Lost it when Izumi demanded an apology for the illustrators of the world for Sagiri's slanderous comments.

This might be a daft question but do they get one person do to the Illustrations that Sagiri draws or?

And you keep going,
Running Man

MartyStu

Because being a hero is a job title, not a calling as it is in other media.

Like, one does not need to be heroic or care about the ultimate public good to work as a firefighter, law enforcement or to be a soldier.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Because being a hero is a job title, not a calling as it is in other media.

Like, one does not need to be heroic or care about the ultimate public good to work as a firefighter, law enforcement or to be a soldier.

That isn't really answering the question of what keeps second best from saying fuck it and going rouge because thy greed has consumed them. It does speak to how new and how lucky the profession has been though.

AOT Episode 31 - I won't be hater, as anticlimactic as the big reveal was, the actual ending was fucking hype. The OST of this series is so good.

I really need a gif of Eren crying at the end of the episode.

MHA Episode 19 - The calm before the storm. Pretty solid transitional episode. David Matranga does a really good job as Todoroki in the dub.

AOT Episode 31 - I won't be hater, as anticlimactic as the big reveal was,

No, no no. People love the reveal because how anticlimactic it is. It's hilarious. And it works because it really surprised people.

Now I can say that some anime watchers had correctly guessed how were the traitors, but it was much easier in the anime than in the manga. In the manga you only see one small panel (of several) with a face of a character and it doesn't seem especially important. In the anime when the camera linger on someone and you see a strange face you start to suspect more.

Yeah the Attack on Titan reveal is good because its so unusual. You have to do a double-take because its dropped like regular dialogue in the middle of another conversation.

After what they pulled with Annie and just pulled Ymir, its a good way to keep you on your toes and still manage to surprise you.

Jarmel

Banned
Do you think the show's portrayal of the Japanese government is reflective of the Japanese government in the real world?

I would say it's Japan's PM that's the most unrealistic.

Abe would never give up the Wam. The cabinet seems more balanced.
Yea I somewhat agree with that however the response of going open source really is the best and only option Japan had though. The US or any other country would just take it by force.

LotusHD

Banned
No, no no. People love the reveal because how anticlimactic it is. It's hilarious. And it works because it really surprised people.

Now I can say that some anime watchers had correctly guessed how were the traitors, but it was much easier in the anime than in the manga. In the manga you only see one small panel (of several) with a face of a character and it doesn't seem especially important. In the anime when the camera linger on someone and you see a strange face you start to suspect more.

Yeah the Attack on Titan reveal is good because its so unusual. You have to do a double-take because its dropped like regular dialogue in the middle of another conversation.

After what they pulled with Annie and just pulled Ymir, its a good way to keep you on your toes and still manage to surprise you.

Completely agreed. I already knew about it as a manga-reader, and the way the reveal was done still impressed me lol

Jex

So many people talking about Kado and AoT S2 and Uchouten Kazoku S2 when the best anime of the season is clearly Sense8 S2.

Correct your mistakes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom