• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

So many people talking about Kado and AoT S2 and Uchouten Kazoku S2 when the best anime of the season is clearly Sense8 S2.

Correct your mistakes now.

Judging by the promo pic the average character age in there is above 16.

Therefore it is clearly NOT anime.

Cornbread78

Sword of Oratoria ep.4
aSd9j69.png
Well, I'm not sure where the story is going, but at least, I got a good chuckle out of the low brow humor..

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Season 2 (Subtitled) Episode 142 – Life-and-Death Battle! Meklord Astro Dragon Asterisk'

OMG LUA became a signer, I was hoping something like this would happened but gave up hoped when the anime matured past the Dark Signer arc, incredible especially with the risk he took his previous turn basically synchro summoning and everything as if the other merk lord and level cannon weren't even there. What an awesome turn of events!!!

LotusHD

Banned
SMH at you people calling any other show then MHA s2 the AOTS.

Might as well be, only thing I ended up watching this season are sequels. Bahamut is dragging its feet, AoT is pretty good, but you and I both know MHA is about to have some stellar episodes coming up lol

Qurupeke

Might as well be, only thing I ended up watching this season are sequels. Bahamut is dragging its feet, AoT is pretty good, but you and I both know MHA is about to have some stellar episodes coming up lol

But there's one more sequel this season that perhaps deserves the AOTS title more than those shows.
1_201704092232312b52juqo.gif

Eromanga Sensei 5 -

My one hope for this series going forward is that we keep getting interludes every now and then of that fat guy running but he getting progressively thinner and by the end of the series he's in really good shape.

So many people talking about Kado and AoT S2 and Uchouten Kazoku S2 when the best anime of the season is clearly Sense8 S2.

Correct your mistakes now.

I have to watch in the next days the third episode of Fargo S3, the second episode of American Gods (is tomorrow I think?), the first episodes of Handsmaid Tale (lots of people recommending it) and Sense8 S2 is also on queue.

Too much white man tv.

kewlmyc

So the latest AoT episode did its corresponding manga chapter justice? Glad to hear that, might have to check it out. Loved the events of that chapter.

Grexeno

That isn't really answering the question of what keeps second best from saying fuck it and going rouge because thy greed has consumed them. It does speak to how new and how lucky the profession has been though.
Well he can't be the #1 Hero if he actually goes villain.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well he can't be the #1 Hero if he actually goes villain.

Technically true but once again, not the issue, I will boil this down to the essence, what keeps heroes from falling, what mechanisms are in place for that? Who watches the watchmen in this universe?

Qurupeke

I have to watch in the next days the third episode of Fargo S3, the second episode of American Gods (is tomorrow I think?), the first episodes of Handsmaid Tale (lots of people recommending it) and Sense8 S2 is also on queue.

Too much white man tv.
I can confirm that The Handmaid's Tale is very promising. American Gods didn't blow me away but it wasn't bad either.
What is this you've shown me
The Eccentic Family S2

Currently third from the top on my list, Attack on Titan is in a much more compelling place this season and KADO is currently too interesting not to be in the top slot.
I stopped Kado at 1 not because I did not like it, but because I feel I am never in the right mood for it. I'll try to restart it.
Technically true but once again, not the issue, I will boil this down to the essence, what keeps heroes from falling, what mechanisms are in place for that? Who watches the watchmen in this universe?
The gourvernement of MHA's world, the police and other heroes. If a hero fell and became a criminal he would be arrested. Same thing as if a police officer started committing crimes in our world. Heroes in MHA can lose their license and therefore their right to practice their profession. Being a hero is like the most wanted and respected job of that world, so if you succesfully got your hero license you don't want to lose it.

Narag

I stopped Kado at 1 not because I did not like it, but because I feel I am never in the right mood for it. I'll try to restart it.

The gourvernement of MHA's world, the police and other heroes. If a hero fell and became a criminal he would be arrested. Same thing as if a police officer started committing crimes in our world. Heroes in MHA can lose their license and therefore their right to practice their profession. Being a hero is like the most wanted and respected job of that world, so if you succesfully got your hero license you don't want to lose it.

VO2Ywta.jpg

AoT S2 - 31

Yeeeeeees!

They did it!!!

The maybe most understated, intentional anti-climactic...biggest reveal I've had in any fiction. Thank fucking god I didn't get that stuff spoiled for me 4 years back before reading it myself. Think I decided to read the manga after catching up to like episode 16 or so.

That's was such a genius moment and I'm glad the adaptation does it justice for the most part. Could've done without the CGI and the manga panels have some more explicitly visible slicing that adds to the scene but still, satisfying nontheless.

Having rewatched all of AoT before S2 aired I was enjoying all the really well done foreshadowing so much. Makes for excellent rewatches honestly.

LotusHD

Banned
AoT S2 - 31

Yeeeeeees!

They did it!!!

The maybe most understated, intentional anti-climactic...biggest reveal I've had in any fiction. Thank fucking god I didn't get that stuff spoiled for me 4 years ago when I decided to read the manga after catching up to like episode 16 or so.

That's was such a genius moment and I'm glad the adaptation does it justice for the most part. Could've done without the CGI and the manga panels have some more explicitly visible slicing that adds to the scene but still, satisfying nontheless.

Having rewatched all of AoT before S2 aired I was enjoying all the really well done foreshadowing so much. Makes for excellent rewatches honestly.

I'm glad you didn't get spoiled, 4 years is quite a long time lol

Ahh wasn't clear on that. I meant it wasn't spoiled for me 4 years ago before I read it myself back then.

Couldn't possibly have avoided it within the 4 years. I can't even read the current AoT S2 thread because manga readers just can't possibly keep their mouths shut about what's to come. There's always assholes claiming to 'merely speculate' when you know damn well they don't.

phaze

I think he's saying he already read it 4 years ago but was unspoiled at that point in time.

Granblue Fantasy 06

Is this going to be like One Piece with them going from one island to another, solving its problems and getting bits of Poneglyphs Skymap in return ? Cause I already forgot what the main plot was about. Now it's been a while since first episodes but still, I think they didn't even deign to mention their situation to their new crewmate.

Didn't expect twintails to be such a kiddo.

----

This part never fails to make me laugh. Watching the OP everytime for it alone.

You not watching it makes it lose its AOTS status?

You never watch anime anyway.

First, where the HELL did I say that?

Second, I've plowed through the entirety of Persona 5 t last month. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as anime.

Third, I'm rewatching Code Geass with a buddy who's experiencing it for the first time.

Fourth, I'm keeping some tabs on ID-0 and Tomica Hyper Rescue.

LotusHD

Banned
Ahh wasn't clear on that. I meant it wasn't spoiled for me 4 years ago before I read it myself back then.

Couldn't possibly have avoided it within the 4 years. I can't even read the current AoT S2 thread because manga readers just can't possibly keep their mouths shut about what's to come. There's always assholes claiming to 'merely speculate' when you know damn well they don't.

I think he's saying he already read it 4 years but was unspoiled at that point in time..

Oh whoops lol

And yes, manga readers that do that are the worst.

First, where the HELL did I say that?

Second, I've plowed through the entirety of Persona 5 t last month. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as anime.

Third, I'm rewatching Code Geass with a buddy who's experiencing it for the first time.

Fourth, I'm keeping some tabs on ID-0 and Tomica Hyper Rescue.
Good then you should watch it :p it's really good.

I haven't posting my AoT reactions on GAF for a while (or any anime for that matter) but this reveal I have to talk about.

Shingeki no Kyojin - 31

Haha holy fucking shit.
Now honestly I've always figured Reiner to be the Armored Titan just like I figured Annie to be that female titan just due to how similar they were in human form compared to titan form. What really threw me off was Berthold being the Colossal Titan which I never saw coming. In retrospect though it makes sense and gives depth to the "special" titans beyond simple antagonists. But even so, while I figured Reiner to be the Armored Titan I have to admit that his actions during S1 and S2 up to now threw me off if I made the right conclusion on that.
Glad to see the show gave me a false sense of security and threw it out the window.

As for the reveal itself I love how nonchalant it started as a side conversation in the middle of the bigger one between Hanji, Armin, and the rest of the Scouts group. Mikasa and Reiner were animated gloriously, especially love the lightning effects, and I didn't really mind the CG Colossal Titan all that much. Though since his body is attached to the wall I do hope he has a way to get out/off said wall. And finally THAT FUCKING MUSIC, I NEED THE OST IN MY BLOOD!

But yeah ironically I'm now on Team Titan,
I'm way more invested in Reiner, Berthold, Ymir, etc. rather than Eren and gang.
I do hope the special titans aren't one-offed in this season.

Also I'm glad I haven't been spoiled over the past 4 years, though I'm really thinking about delving into the manga with this reveal.

Where the hell did that dance thing even originate

Toradora

tumblr_nnkn4hhhNZ1qkrsoeo1_400.gif

This part never fails to make me laugh. Watching the OP everytime for it alone.

Pretty much. Well, and after a few times I've grown to like most of it.

Some of my favorite shots:

Love the couple quick cuts that take place during the bit from the last screenshot. I dunno but I adore Evangelion's opening and that's in part due to its series of fast cuts. That stuff is just magical when aligned nicely with the music.

My least favorite shots are always the ones containing larger amount of CGI Titans. They stand out with inferior animation and look C&Ped. In addition the background with those is usually especially poor.

If you do it, you're gonna suffer with the rest of us, because monthly manga are just the worst

Funnily enough that's what made it so easy to wait for more of the anime in the first place. Yet, here I am 4 years later and this season won't cover more than I read back then ;|

Oh and I gotta say that I remembered the manga art to be much worse than I perceived it on a reread honestly. If nothing else there's actually a lot of good framing done in there and a lot of shots are adapted nearly 1-to-1. It's mostly the action scenes where they change it up the most and usually add on. I think they keep it so closely in part because there's a lot of important foreshadowing that has to remain in there.

kewlmyc

I'd assume that the multi person circle dance didn't originate from Toradora. It's been in too many things.

I'm guessing it's from some old Japanese comedy act nobody in the west has seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom