• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
KADO: The Right Answer Episode 4 – Rotowa

Theres Hanamori, but lol at having to be the final one out. I hope he stays around. Yogurt scene was funny.

Also the scene in the car and discussion about laughing.

Narag

I'd assume that the multi person circle dance didn't originate from Toradora. It's been in too many things.

I'm guessing it's from some old Japanese comedy act nobody in the west has seen.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was rooted in Japanese theater.

100% Teacher Pascal Episode 3
C_LQz1VXkAAjt3i.jpg:small

Kanemori Steeeeeeve needs to stay in the class, he fits in perfectly with his quirks, and poor Hayato being put through more stress with them. I keep getting fooled everytime Pascal has a moment of great teaching but then its revealed to be another teachers work (water cycle on the board in the other class).

Great pose this week.
C_LS5SJXgAA12Sc.jpg:small

JulianImp

AoT - #30-31
It was nice to see this animated and it did look and flow much better than in the manga, but that's it.

Granblue #1-3
This is pretty boring so far, but I don't think I can say no to a show where a character voiced by Sawashiro's in charge.

Tsugumomo #5
Show's a bit too anime, seriously. The character archetypes, situations and blantant fanservice scenes are generic as hell. It probably does sound hypocricital coming from a Monogatari fan, but it looks like whoever wrote this read Nise and decided to make a show that's all about a prude uke kid engaging in constant skinship scenes with notShinobu, coupled with stand of the week encounters...

Alice & Zoroku - #5
Pretty weird episode with how the evil organization basically got wiped out offscreen for some reason. The magical battles aren't really interesting and are basically full of random abilities and constant asspulls because the cards' abilities are always so vague... I think it'd have been much more fun and interesting if the story banked more on the SoL aspects rather than shoving all this senseless and pretty much irrelevant action scenes down our throats.

I mean, maybe it could've gone the way of wacky battles like some of the ones in JoJo and still been okay, but going for a really serious and LN-ish tone (with regards to how abilities remain unexplained so the writers can basically pull off whatever nonsense they want) feels like quite the mismatch with the SoL elements of a little girl finding a place for her in the world thanks to a kind grandpa. Even Tachibana was somewhat interesting in that her powers awoke due to how she longed for her late husband's embrace, but in the end Sana's confrontation with her was generic as hell, and the resolution was equally dumb (I hate it when fights boil down to both parties revealing their ace-in-the-hole abilities to turn the tables around for the win, and whoever reveals theirs last wins).

Also, what the heck was up with the agent girl getting the ability to use Gate of Babylon because she happened to fall asleep while watching a magical witch anime?! I think even keeping her origin story a secret would've been better than randomly throwing that in during her fight against Tachibana when doing so didn't amount to anything, narrative-wise.

Seriously, I still can't believe someone would write a mysterious organization that'd get defeated within five freaking episodes, and even worse was that Sana's battle appeared to be absolutely unrelated to the bad guys being all taken into custody, making it even more puzzling that they didn't do that earlier to begin with since it didn't seem like they were actually waiting for the scientific group to make some illegal move before getting the required authorization to hunt them down, but more like it happened to be a happy coincidence that such a thing happened at the exact same time Sana was rescued. It might've made more sense if Tachibana was the leader or something, but it certainly didn't seem that way, so there's a huge disconnect there IMO.

Szadek

Recreators - Ep. 2
This was so fucking boring!
I also hate the fight in this show, because the fight with each other for no good reason.
The main girl even almost attacked the guy , who just saved her ass. WTF!?!?

Quasar

So many people talking about Kado and AoT S2 and Uchouten Kazoku S2 when the best anime of the season is clearly Sense8 S2.

Correct your mistakes now.

But I barely made it through 1 episode of S1 of Sens8. Which is a first given JMS has stalked my like in terms of things I watched.

Clov

I would watch eccentric family if aniplex would put it for streaming somewhere.

Aniplex has nothing to do with The Eccentric Family's streaming. The international rights to the first season belong to YTV. That's Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation by the way, not the Canadian TV channel!

Future Card Buddyfight X [Battz] Episode 4 (engDub)
C_LpO9PXkAAoS5E.jpg:small
C_LpymEXYAIyfkB.jpg:small

Hey some of our old favorites are back, TatsuYO, and Big Z (different voice actor this time), I wonder where his younger brother is, Akatsuki.

Good battle even if Battz was out of control.

Aniplex has nothing to do with The Eccentric Family's streaming. The international rights to the first season belong to YTV. That's Yomiuri Telecasting Corporation by the way, not the Canadian TV channel!
Alright then, I would watch it if YTV would put it for streaming somewhere!

Speaking of YTV that channel just ain't what it used to be. Man I miss Bionix.

Loona

Re:Creators 4 is reinforcing my impression that the series is more about creative folks rethinking the kind of stuff they unleash on the world than cross-genre battles or anything like that - the mecha show creator pretty much regretting the way Rui/notShinji was written seems to reinforce that for me.
Then again, I'm not one to mind the talky bits, and early on the show already provided some big action scenes, and the recent scene with the mech and the house might help tide some people over until there's more combat.

Alright then, I would watch it if YTV would put it for streaming somewhere!

Speaking of YTV that channel just ain't what it used to be. Man I miss Bionix.

YTV (and Teletoon, Family Channel etc) are trash nowadays and you can pinpoint YTV's decline when they started removing anime from their schedule.

Kabuki Club Episode 4

Okay I almost thought it was Ebihara but then with the big moment I was like oh, I cant believe I forgot about Akutsu. Spot fainting was :( I really wanted him to perform, maybe next time.

This club is so fun and I loved seeing them come together. Really awesome.

YTV (and Teletoon, Family Channel etc) are trash nowadays and you can pinpoint YTV's decline when they started removing anime from their schedule.
That's when I stopped watching their channels at least. So I can agree.
---------------
Man just rewatched the firt 2 episodes of MHA again and boy are these 2 episodes perfect. The start that made me fell in love with the series. Izuku and All Might are just the best characters of all time. It's so hard to explain. It just hits every beat perfectly

Re:Creators Episode 4
C_MBKFtXcAAy7bu.jpg:small

Best game cover so far.

Meteora delivering her small proclamation for how exciting it was and how she loved how much thought her creator put into the world was really good. It made me want to play it.

Rui seems like a great guy, cant wait for his role.

John Blade

Just came back from my trip and manage to finish all the animes I want to get done during the long flight. I will post all my impression when I have some downtime here. So tired.

ATOM The Beginning Episode 3

A less life or death type of action episode which helped to show the benefits of robots working together with humans for some common goal. Liked this episode the most thus far of all of ATOM episodes.

duckroll

Re:Creators - Episode 5

I watched this last night and couldn't even muster the energy to post about it.

Pros: The First Ei Aoki storyboard for an episode and it's pretty good at parts, but also not particularly special. There were some goofy faces which were funnier and more emotive than usual.

Cons: The writing still sucks. The characters still suck. The art still feels bland. There were 10 animation directors dying to get this episode finished and it didn't even look particularly polished.

This show sucks.

Chindogg

Are the characters other than the MC are 12 years old right?

Pretty much, but the MC is like 14 so it almost works out in a weird ass way.

The manga doesn't get overtly pervy but there's a fair amount of dirty jokes. They keep the relationships innocent enough though.

Eromanga-sensei Every Week w/ Best Guy Ever - WEEK 5

It literally starts with a scream of anguish.

It's not for him that's fine. That said, fuck him. This show's wonderful trash with some really great moments.

Regardless of what you think of the story, Eromanga Sensei's animation and produciton are excellent. So many little details put into the characters with such excellent timing and reaction. The anticipation of each scene builds up so well and some of the shots are genuinely iconic (I'm looking at you cut to door slam and cut from lower waist to upper thigh following the clothing motion). I generally don't rate an anime on its "cuteness" but the show is absolutely adorable and the production quality is what pushes that so much. The pauses - or lack thereof - between comedic moments is as dead on as I could ever imagine. So many shows that were bad could have been (somewhat) redeemed if they had just gotten the details down like this one does.

I'm kind of in love with the series considering its so far out from what I usually enjoy.

Also, Digibro's opinion is literally at the bottom of the opinion food chain. I would rather listen to my 40 year old gun-toting, farming father's opinion on anime (or anything, as the silly Metroidvania name thread showed me) over Digibro. And that's saying something considering our relationship is basically him trying to force feed me alt-right propaganda all day.

Quasar

Also, Digibro's opinion is literally at the bottom of the opinion food chain. I would rather listen to my 40 year old gun-toting, farming father's opinion on anime (or anything, as the silly Metroidvania name thread showed me) over Digibro. And that's saying something considering our relationship is basically him trying to force feed me alt-right propaganda all day.

Oh I enjoy his YT channel, even if I don't much agree with many of his reviews. Occasionally there's some crossover, but that's pretty rare*. He's frequently entertaining though.

*his raving about Shirobako and Girlish Number being two.

Re: Creators - 04
Meteora can
play through her entire game, probably an RPG within a night.
nice. >:]

Mamika's cuteness gives me a heart attack.

Conan-san

Digi also started what I would like to call the "FF7-afying of SAO" wherein beating SAO like a dead horse with a wiffleball bat became not only cool but profitable (and also lead to Mother's Basement spending precious "What's in an OP" time on puff opion pieces about SAO). Also he's a raging alcoholic who probably needs to seek therapy before he does himself in.

But regardless, the man who constructed a good argument against Astrix War whilst building the case for Chilverly is long gone to the alcoholic miasma.

Digi also started what I would like to call the "FF7-afying of SAO" wherein beating SAO like a dead horse with a wiffleball bat became not only cool but profitable (and also lead to Mother's Basement spending precious "What's in an OP" time on puff opion pieces about SAO). Also he's a raging alcoholic who probably needs to seek therapy before he does himself in.

But regardless, the man who constructed a good argument against Astrix War whilst building the case for Chilverly is long gone to the alcoholic miasma.

I really enjoy his video on Kill la Kill. And that's kind of his high point for me.

convo

Oh yea, Eromanga sensei's character animation is amazing. I've been looking at gifs, there's apparently a dedicated animator for all of lead girl's cuts.

It's admirable really. Real passion put into their craft. It had a reputation to uphold since the last adaptation of the author was so popular i guess. People losing their mind at what anime can be put out is hilarious even if it doesn't really surpass my expectations for what the plot is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom