• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
vwkfbZZ.jpg

How the Kancolle anime should have been.

John Blade

Going to watch Saikano and the sequel and then going to watch Gunbuster. I do hope I don't get too depress when watching them. Depress show tend to kill me a bit from watching anything.

I guess if people want, I can do impression of each episode but have to see I don't die typing.

Also, Clannad is a great anime but isn't the best anime ever people. They're other good anime out there if you want to look for.

sonicmj1

Going to watch Saikano and the sequel and then going to watch Gunbuster. I do hope I don't get too depress when watching them. Depress show tend to kill me a bit from watching anything.

I guess if people want, I can do impression of each episode but have to see I don't die typing.

Also, Clannad is a great anime but isn't the best anime ever people. They're other good anime out there if you want to look for.

Why are you watching Saikano if you don't want to be depressed?

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Ep 1
tumblr_opqq9qgD6B1vtqdjjo3_r1_400.gif

Riding on the wind is probably a nice aspect to it as he is surfing in this web/VR world, and I guess theres an additional world within the world they seemed to reference so looking for that.

Kind of mixed on it, as other YGO eps 1 have been a bit more exciting either with silly friends around and really serious dueling or just pure excitement.

OP/ED and even the ost were kind of the weakest parts for this so far, I cant wait until we get a different OP and ED song, ost felt like the composers just got lazy.

Oh well Yuusaku is good.

Qurupeke

Hey you guys, any stand out anime this year? I've only seen sequels so far.

Disregarding sequels, I wouldn't say there's any anime that really blew me away so far. I liked Scum's Wish and Kobayashi's Dragon Maid though. Both are interesting in their own way.

Cornbread78

Going to watch Saikano and the sequel

I think there is only 1 season.. There are a couple OVAs, which I need to watch (I forgot about them).

Also, Clannad IS the greatest, lol. You can like what you want, but I LOVE Clannad, lol.

John Blade

I think there is only 1 season.. There are a couple OVAs, which I need to watch (I forgot about them).

Also, Clannad IS the greatest, lol. You can like what you want, but I LOVE Clannad, lol.

They is an OVA call Saikano Another Love Story. It's two episode and suppose to be in between the main show. Can't say as I didn't watch it yet but have it in my collection of anime.

For Clannad, I do love it for what it did but I do have some issue mostly how it end which break something I tend to hate in show/movie/ova whether it's anime or not. Still, even this issue, it's a great show and would recommend people to watch it if they can even the minor issue here and there.

JCG

Too bad I didn't grab Wolf's Rain in time from Amazon, but getting Garo S1 part 1 and Rage of Bahamut S1 for a good price is nice.

The only real indisputable truth. :p

For Clannad, I do love it for what it did but I do have some issue mostly how it end which break something I tend to hate in show/movie/ova whether it's anime or not. Still, even this issue, it's a great show and would recommend people to watch it if they can even the minor issue here and there.

I get what you mean. In my mind though it answered something the show constantly hinted at and if it ended up doing nothing with that
other storyline
, I would've been upset about it because then I would've said, "So you used all that animation and time for nothing?"

All in all, I liked the ending a lot. The whole show in fact. To this day, even though some shows have gotten close, Clannad is still my favorite anime of all time. Something everyone should experience whether you love it or hate it by the end. (Why would you hate it? ;_;)

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 100

I'm surprised that in the hundredth episode where the Kaiser gets married, absolutely nothing bad happens and no one dies.

Quasar

In a world where people won't shut the fuck up about Star Wars and now Guardians of the Galaxy, I think you'll be fine.

Well that doesn't mean you'll get a bioware style rpg using it. Well aside from the MMO (thus still alive isn't it?). And Guardians is of no interest to me...I didnt even make it through the first film.

I guess this kills any talk about any Mass Effect trilogy ports to Switch or PS4/pro/Xbox/Scorpio.

Quasar

I does have something to do with 4K specs though :p

Yeah. And from what I understand doing things like hdr in 2k introduces some some artifacts so you probably wouldn't want 2k hdr.

As for upscaling I guess I'd trust the film mastering company more than my TVs upscaler.

What do you mean? Guardians of the Galaxy 2 came out like 5 days ago!

Yeah, I should go see Guardians 2.

In a world where people won't shut the fuck up about Star Wars and now Guardians of the Galaxy, I think you'll be fine.

Fucking shoot me now.

ME is only fun when Kaidan, Dr. Chakwas, or Miranda are around.

I'm pretty certain like...15% of Mass Effect players didn't sacrifice Kaidan in the first game. That's telling of what a bland cardboard character he was in the first game. A decision that would ultimately damn most players to experience the terrible bit of character writing that is Ashley Williams.

Still like Ashley and Kaiden more than Jacob tho.

John Blade

I get what you mean. In my mind though it answered something the show constantly hinted at and if it ended up doing nothing with that
other storyline
, I would've been upset about it because then I would've said, "So you used all that animation and time for nothing?"

All in all, I liked the ending a lot. The whole show in fact. To this day, even though some shows have gotten close, Clannad is still my favorite anime of all time. Something everyone should experience whether you love it or hate it by the end. (Why would you hate it? ;_;)

I understand but for me, anytime someone use the going back in time format to a point where all the issue didn't happen, it make me feel like all the pain and suffering the MC have to go through, all the happiness the MC feel when he realize he can do something about it to fix this issue after not been there for so many years, all of this really come down to nothing once you get back to the point of time. So, what the audience have to go through is basically nothing as it didn't happen if this go through. I know why it have to be done and I understand that, but the story set this up to get to that point which if they don't want to, they don't have to so, you don't use the time travel back in time format. Funny, the ending of movie (even though the movie isn't as good as the show) kinda proof it can be done and to me, a better way to end the series I have to say but I have a feeling the fans will hate it. Either way, it's an issue I have with the show but I put it aside and accept it when watching it so we got to see the best ending of the story (which is what people want to see right).

Cornbread78

I'm pretty certain like...15% of Mass Effect players didn't sacrifice Kaidan in the first game. That's telling of what a bland cardboard character he was in the first game. A decision that would ultimately damn most players to experience the terrible bit of character writing that is Ashley Williams.

Still like Ashley and Kaiden more than Jacob tho.

My buddy is playing the ME trilogy for the first time after playing Andromeda and thought Ashley was such a racist bitch he couldn't kill her soon enough...

I think I went Ashley, Miranda, Liara.. I can't actually remember who my first was...

sonicmj1

other storyline

Funny, because that's exactly how I felt after they
used the alternate world plot to undo every moment of After Story that I actually liked.
For me, it destroyed the significance of all the character growth Tomoya demonstrated through that period.

Obviously they had to do something with that plot, but I think the thing they chose to do was wrong for their story.

Funny, because that's exactly how I felt after they
used the alternate world plot to undo every moment of After Story that I actually liked.
For me, it destroyed the significance of all the character growth Tomoya demonstrated through that period.

Obviously they had to do something with that plot, but I think the thing they chose to do was wrong for their story.

I agree with you; the ending is a total bust and cop-out. It works a little bit better in visual novel form, since it does interesting things with the branching path format, but it's still not a good story direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom