• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

WZbIG9j.jpg

I want to quote this for the new page.

Cornbread78

DN Angel ep.15
fkhlW2q.png

04bzNsT.png

I just love sunset images

OK, so I guess they are starting to hint at Miss American Valley Girl isn't who she seams and is just trying to get close to Dark/Miwa with bad intentions, obviously. Who does she work for? Out side of that obvious tidbit, this was a pretty fun episode with all the characters and their interactions.

DN Angel ep.16
Risa is a love-drunk dummy and I'm glad Dark
dropped her like a sack of rocks
Hopefully, we can begin to focus in on who Miwa should really be giving his time to and that would be "big sister" Harada. Hopefully, these two sort everything out soon.

Ascheroth

Your Dramatic and Thematic distinctive tastes will be added to our own.
3TP5uW4.jpg

Clockwork Planet 06
ghM9iKL.jpg

This looks so fucking bad
Welp, I guess the price for those 3 or 4 decent looking shots last week was garbage art and animation again for this episode. I can't get over how horrible the anime character design is and how cheap the animation looks.
Then again, I only spent 5 minutes or so on this episode, so maybe I missed something! But I didn't like most of the events of this episode in the manga already, so I really can't be bothered watching a worse version that takes more time.

Next episode should have some cool action in theory, but then again there's no way it's going to look good.

Clov

Been really busy with moving, so I haven't had much time to watch anime. I did have time to sample some scenes from my BD of Horus though, and it's not actually that bad. The main issue from what I saw is that the image looks a bit soft at times. Not nearly as bad as an upscale, as I had seen some people say, though it doesn't look amazing. Still, this is likely the best the film will ever look given the materials that were available for it, so if you're a Takahata fan you should definitely consider picking it up.

Natsume 1-2

Ok these 2 first episodes were excellent. Natsume is such a good character. I love his design and I love his personality. Sensei and him contrast just enough to be an excellent combo. The colors are beautiful and really fit well with the themes of the show. Episode 2 in particular got me all teary-eyed at the end. That Yokai living only because of 1 old-lady still worshipping him and with an ending like that was 10/10.

Natsume 1-2

Ok these 2 first episodes were excellent. Natsume is such a good character. I love his design and I love his personality. Sensei and him contrast just enough to be an excellent combo. The colors are beautiful and really fit well with the themes of the show. Episode 2 in particular got me all teary-eyed at the end. That Yokai living only because of 1 old-lady still worshipping him and with an ending like that was 10/10.

Youre only just starting this series? its so good. Please buy it.

/XX/

I keep checking AV Watch and still no listing of a domestic digital disc release for In This Corner of the World. At some other regions the licensees are hinting at their own release dates, so I wonder if GENCO, inc., would prioritise for the moment the promotion at digital distribution platforms like U-NEXT where it is available already... and where they also give you a digital copy of the movie's theatrical pamphlet too! So jealous.

With the Butch writing it, I have full faith it will turn into a spectacle.
Are we still basing this on who he followed on Twitter? Or is there actually some solid evidence at last?

Ascheroth

I just listened to the english dub version of the BLAME! trailer(I AM SO HYPED BTW) and I thought it was only a Japanese pronunciation thing but I wonder why they kept, what seems like, the french pronunciation for the title. That means I said the title wrong all this time.

Either way! 8 days!
It's not the french pronounciation, the title has always been a mistranslation.
It's supposed to be BLAM! as in 'the SFX a gun shot makes'.
That said, I'll still keep calling it Blame because Blam sounds silly :p

I mean even if it's CG I think it looks pretty good! I am so hyped for this. Really cool netflix has a dub day 1.

Yeah I'm dying to see this too. I never really took to the manga, it was okay, but I'm excited to see what they're going to do with this and I'm really impressed by the trailers.

I did not know this. That's absolutely hilarious. Although the real title actually makes way more sense based on what I read in the manga.

Ascheroth

Yeah I'm dying to see this too. I never really took to the manga, it was okay, but I'm excited to see what they're going to do with this and I'm really impressed by the trailers.

I think I've read the manga 3 times. I hope the new volumes will get a translation into my language. Totally hyped for the movie.

Qurupeke

Kado 6

I think this is going more and more to the direction of an Instrumentality Project. Humans together as one, with no need for anything. It's an interesting concept but I feel it's a bit overdone and it's often the same conclusion.

Now that you say it, that also make lots of sense. And knowing Japan, it's probably the reason lol.
I think I've read the manga 3 times. I hope the new volumes will get a translation into my language. Totally hyped for the movie.
I just finished the master volume 3 and man if they can recapture the sense of size of some of these moments.. holy shit. I'm curious about how many logs they will cover and where they will end it.

Taruranto

Your Wam sucks #6

This was... a bit anticlimactic to be honest.

The scene between Shindo's and his mum was nice, too bad it kinda looked super distracting:

Mum is clearly 2D while Shindo is a poor, detailed 3D model without any muscle definition, come on now. He also looks stiff as hell despite the fact he supposed to be relaxing.

This got creepy fast, but I'm willing to bet is a red herring. Not that aliens messing with humanity will ever end up being a good thing in these stories.

I keep hearing Eromanga Sensei is actually so trashy, it turns around and becomes enjoyable. Is this true?

Well, in my experience is gets a little more 'in your face' with the 'these two siblings totally want each other and bad' but the side characters keep it pretty funny otherwise. It depends on your tolerance levels of that incest stuff.

Chindogg

Well, in my experience is gets a little more 'in your face' with the 'these two siblings totally want each other and bad' but the side characters keep it pretty funny otherwise. It depends on your tolerance levels of that incest stuff.

Is it really incest if they're not related?

Is it really incest if they're not related?

Well, I mean, that's always the defense for these kinds of plot lines. It's not technically incest, but I don't think that stops the scenario from feeling uncomfortable for a lot of people. Same kinda thing with Usagi Drop.

Cornbread78

Well, I mean, that's always the defense for these kinds of plot lines. It's not technically incest, but I don't think that stops the scenario from feeling uncomfortable for a lot of people. Same kinda thing with Usagi Drop.

Oh no you didn't.. They are COMPLETELY different situations, lol.

Oh no you didn't.. They are COMPLETELY different situations, lol.

Are they? They're both situations where two people, unrelated by blood, who have a familial relationship end up breaking that relationship in favor of entering a romantic one. Sure these people aren't father and daughter, but they are brother and sister and the show increasingly hints at them both having feelings that sit outside of being merely brother and sister.

Theonik

Slippery slopes imply sliding. Advocates of NBR set it as a redline which is the opposite conceptually and not different to NI advocacy in that regard.

Chindogg

Saying not blood related should not be a defense, fucking slippery slope...

Eeeeh they continue to say that they're not related in the series and keep reminding everyone that they're not related so I don't see a slippery slope here.

It's not like
Tsugumomo where the MC's sister is a brocon.

Eeeeh they continue to say that they're not related in the series and keep reminding everyone that they're not related so I don't see a slippery slope here.

It's not like
Tsugumomo where the MC's sister is a brocon.

Even if they're not related by blood, the appeal of these sorts of relationships is supposed to be that it feels like incest even if it's made technically "OK" by not literally being incest.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
You want a hot take? Here's mine.

The Monogatari series is a confusing, scary, and uncomfortable mess.

Too reasonable to be a real hot take.

This is not a hot take. This is normal.

Bakemonogatari is gud

Not triggered.

Just can't bring myself to give a fuck anymore.

You are not wrong.

Can someone explain the appeal of the monogatari series? Asking a serious question here. What makes it so popular and why is it critically panned? Cuz I saw it and it made me just hate anime and SHAFT.

Can someone explain the appeal of the monogatari series? Asking a serious question here. What makes it so popular and why is it critically panned? Cuz I saw it and it made me just hate anime and SHAFT.

I'll be happy to tell you if when I finally watch it
probably months, if not years from now
and somehow understand what makes it so amazingsauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom