• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also woooooo

2F903E34-85DA-47CA-BC96-F4DF5C5154DF_zpsb8aa04yw.jpg

Thanks again to the people who tipped off everyone on the Amazon sale. I've never actually watched Code Geass but I've been eager to give it a try. I'll probably
Alternate it with the second half of Gundam X

Cornbread78

Also woooooo
Thanks again to the people who tipped off everyone on the Amazon sale. I've never actually watched Code Geass but I've been eager to give it a try. I'll probably
Alternate it with the second half of Gundam X

Oh, there's no alternating once you get going, lol.

You will love table-kun and Pizza Hut.

Szadek

Rage of Bahamut: Virgin Soul - Ep. 9
The show is so much better with Favoro and without Azazel.
I really liked the flashback. Nice to see that Rita is coming to rescue them.

Little Witch Academia - Ep. 21
Good episode. Nice to see that Diana is now friendlier to Akko.
Akko also found another word and it looks like Cruix is about to set her plan into motion.

Kabuki Club Episode 9

Oh, I thought Ebihara would fill in for a role in this episode, but I didnt realize it was just the drama clubs time to perform. Oh well, it seems hes being thrust in a plot in which he may have to fill in for the failing Akutsu...Why does this have to be just 12 or so episodes, I wanted more.

Shiki - Completed: Pretty solid dub and had some nice horror elements. I actually give the series a lot of props because it's the first time I think I watched a series that actually did a "who's the real monster?" aesop pretty effectively. The climax was pretty clustered though and probably could've used another episode or two to explain the series of events because a lot of shit ends up going down off-screen.

The first OVA was the episode of the series though. The entire final 10 minutes of it had my jaw dropped.

Kado 8

THE FUCK OUTTA HERE WITH THIS PREACHY HIPPIE BULLSHIT.

You think I am going to accept it more because a kawaii anime girl is saying it? This fucking universe doesn't belong to us. Humans as we are are a step in the evolution and a fucking fragment of a god damn sand grain in its timeline. If we can evolve, let's do it.

It's like they wanted to have a christian girl but realized that was too much, so opted for this. Air of superiority shit. "We are better than this, i want to protect all of this. our human dignity what we care about the most"

fuck outta here, making decisions for everybody else. Fuck you. Down with kawaii negotiator.

Taruranto

Kado #8

I mean, personally I'm against getting Childhood End'ed cause it always sucks for humanity as a whole, but I'm pretty sure you can come up with a better argument than "It's really nice here I love nature".

Also I'm surprised Google guy isn't straight up evil despite being a blonde evil-looking gaijin dude, he kinda seems... well intentioned?

Finally, they already did the "The alien is secretly evil" cliffhanger exactly 2 episodes ago.

I'm sure that's a branduil or animegaf reference I'm not getting, regardless. I used to think the out of place scientist was off putting. But this took the cake. I genuinely dislike this turn of events.

Future card Buddyfight X [Batzz] Episode 8 EngDub

Well its a Gao Mikada versus [someone else] episode (in the subfinals rounds of a tourney) so any Buddyfight fan knows how this turns out before theyve even raised the flag. Sadly, he had to go up against my Sakate...I hope he keeps some involvement in the anime.

In any case, the JP vas for BAKS and Paruko Nanana were so excited.
DBW9GnnXkAIok6c.jpg:small
DBW9exUXsAAOmJQ.jpg:small

I took it more as her being afraid that the essence of what makes us human, and the personality of our culture would disappear if we become the humanity Anisotropic boy wants us to be. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with that proposal, but I do think it's an understandable fear.

I took it more as her being afraid that the essence of what makes us human, and the personality of our culture would disappear if we become the humanity Anisotropic boy wants us to be. I don't necessarily agree or disagree with that proposal, but I do think it's an understandable fear.

and of course as a negotiator we should just not debate it and instead opt to take the extreme. Why are you even in this line of work if you're going to be as bad as someone with economic anxiety.

dickroach

I watched Berserk 2016 when it started last year, having seen/heard nothing of Berserk prior, and liked it a lot.
I was digging it till a demon horse tongue-raped a girl, I went online and checked "what's up with this show" and saw literally everyone everywhere saying the adaptation sucked and doesn't do the manga / 90s anime justice, and I just dropped it after that.

The King's Avatar episodes 3 - 4

The Brawler kid (Steamed Bun Invasion) is hilarious, but also Little Moon came back, why are all these sub characters so awesome and fun. I just want a party of all my favorites to be made, with Big River too.

So, I'm thinking of watching Hand Shakers for a laugh. Is it "So Bad, It's Good" or just really really bad?
More than the painfully generic feeling of the show, the blend of 3D environments with 2D characters that "glide" in perspective with the free-floating 3D camera during certain shots is some of the most nauseating "animation" I've ever seen. It actually made me feel physically ill because my brain couldn't handle the clash of dimensions.

...so, if that's your sort of thing, by all means watch it!

dickroach

That's in the manga, haha.

I figured. I couldn't imagine someone on the animation team being like "I know it's not in the story, but I've got this cool idea.."

I still dunno what's bad about Berserk 16 because I never went back and read the manga. I might just hop back in :\ I already got like halfway through season 1

Narag

Eccentric Family 2 1

This is just like meeting an old friend after not seeing them for a few years. Assuming this cour is going to be more about sons emerging from the shadows of their fathers given two are absent and one is more or less retired.

So, I'm thinking of watching Hand Shakers for a laugh. Is it "So Bad, It's Good" or just really really bad?

What? Its really good, thus far its anime of the year good, the story and many of the plots and friendship. I dont know how anyone thinks its so bad. I dislike that people are against actually good storytelling with modern animation techniques and familiar character designs while championing really boring tired anime plots. We need and deserve more Hand Shakers type of animes.

Handshakers - Sorry to disappoint you DTL but this just wasn't my jam. The fact that the premise reminded me too much of Mirai Nikki didn't help either. :p

Tsukigakirei - I also find myself bailing on this series, though I made it 5 episodes in. Speaking as an introvert IRL, this show is fucking infuriating with neither character willing to be more forthcoming with what's on their mind.

The King's Avatar Episode 6

DBXg8_AWAAAsGbv.jpg:small
DBXg8--XYAAUpAI.jpg:small

He has all the things I love in character design. Perfect.

Little Moon, Little River, Steamed Bun Invasion, and now Trouble Rain, all these incredibly good character designs, I cant hold them all, but I think I slightly favor Little Moon more for that personality, but also Troubling Rain [Flowing Tree].

Lord Grim knowing all is the best, I loved that sub plot.

so it seems amazon has just stopped caring about updating their primevideo anime for canada all together now, cause they havent even bothered to make the latest episode of Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend .flat available for canada when they use to update saekeno and re:creators the same time as the usa

so it seems amazon has just stopped caring about updating their primevideo anime for canada all together now, cause they havent even bothered to make the latest episode of Saekano: How to Raise a Boring Girlfriend .flat available for canada when they use to update saekeno and re:creators the same time as the usa

They probably got plans to expand Strike to Canada.

dickroach

Attack on Titan 26-34 (season 2, so far)
So many twists and turns. So, so, so many unanswered questions.
I liked that Sasha got her own episode; she's been one of the best characters since the start of the training camp. And "Historia" was the best episode of this show so far.
But seriously, so much unanswered. like, too much.
- The fuck's with the titans in the walls? The fuck does the priest know? What is this mysterious thing more important than humanity?
- The fuck is the Beast Titan, who is he, why's he controlling all the other titans?
- Why are there some titans who don't need sunlight?
- Obviously everyone in Conny's villaige became a titan, but what's the deal with that?
- What's Ymir's deal?

edit: wait wtf I just clicking around looking at AoT figures online for the hell of it.... did I just get spoiler'd by reading a fucking character's name???
Levi Ackerman
jeeeeeeezus

petran79

Banned
Yea, I own it but it didn't have any such booklet unless I have a different version of the DVD.

It is included in the Collectors Edition. A green boxcase containing all 4 DVDs
Describes in detail the village, some characters and the lodge

phaze

ef: A Tale of Memories 11
user222437_pic71490_12brbb.png

I mean, I guess I'm glad that they don't treat hand holding as the Holy Grail and an end to it all of romance but the way they twice dealt with the issue of sex is friggin weird. Both times they completely omit the act, leaving you with only the implication with none of the characters being fazed at all or seeming to care.These people are around 16 I imagine but look like they're 13 and act like they're 10 or less. Having them jump on each other at practically drop of a hat, immediately after kissing for first time is actually pretty disturbing.
I rather disliked the twist at the end of the episode, as it propelled plot-sama even more into the melodramatic direction but the misdirection beforehand and execution was good. "I fucked you
but now I'm going to intentionally forget you
." Memento got nothing on this.
user222437_pic71490_12brbb.png

ef: A Tale of Memories 12 END

Ehhhhh ...

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh ...

The main and ever looming obstacle to the relationship is resolved through literally power of love (won't she still forget if she sleeps for more than 13 hours ? lol) and the climax scene is laughably melodramatic people bawling their eyes out and going "Chihirooooo !" AND "Renjiiii-kun !". Perhaps I can now consider Clannad checked off cause that was everything I imagine it to be. But the funniest thing was the epilogue when the entire cast literally sums up and spells out their character arcs to the viewer. This show was never subtle but that really took the cake ...

I usually tend to eat up all the usual Shaftisms with gusto but here they frequently made me think the storyboards were just throwing randomly things at wall and hoping it would stick. Bake kind of rips of a lot of what's used here but somehow manages it to look much less haphazardly more appropriate. On top of it, the color palette is pretty revolting, the CG skies and those friggin auras on people plain disgusting and 5 spending 5 minutes on one still is just ... too much not matter how they try to spice it up. All of it makes for not particularly pleasant visual experience. (With some exceptions) Not utter garbage I guess but a very meh show all around.

Yakitate Japan - 01

Eh, not a fan of the MCs "Solar Hands" being constantly the point of focus. There's a difference between bringing it up rarely as a metaphor for his talent and it genuinely being a thing that characters address all the time. And I mean, talent isn't exactly the most exciting thing to focus on anyways. At least his interest in baking is properly explained as it's more or less thanks to his sister and grandfather.

Still, I'll watch 1-2 more episodes and if people can't shut up about his Solar Hands then I'm out.

PS: I do appreciate the JaPan pun, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom