• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
allofmywantuus6w.gif

You're not GoldCrusader. What is this?

Qurupeke

MHA S2 10

Good god. The whole fight was fantastic, but the ending was of another level. Impact frames and Yutapon's cubes, this was phenomenal. Even beyond the crazy good animation, this episode was basically and accumulation of the whole season's ideas and the ideals of the characters. Such a good episode.

My Hero Academia 23
I'm stil shaking...The whole thing was a absolutely above and beyond(PLUS ULTRA) anything I was expecting. I am still smiling from the aftereffects of the episode and still feeling all tingly haha. The animation(cubes, impact frame, speed line), the emotional peak and the culmination of everything since episode one. I'll forever praise studio BONES and Yutaka Nakamura. Thank you for making MHA into such greatness. One of the best moment in shonen history right here. The birth of the MADMAN. IZUKU *DEKU* MIDORIYA.

I'm also going top stop posting almost entirely after this. I am realising that on top of making me unproductive(I have low attention problems) posting here actually harms my on enjoyment most of the time. So BANG. I wanted to stop before this episode but this was way too much of a phenomenal episode for this.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My Hero Academia Season 2, Episode 10:

Well then, I am most thoroughly impressed with this match, BONES has really been on their game this season and the results are showing. The booking and psychology of the match were quite impeccable and kudos for having the right person go over in the end.

Just T

Natsume Roku: 8

This surprisingly had a pretty happy ending, was expecting a bittersweet sequence of events like some of the show’s similar situations from beginning to end. However, Aoi and Kaoru linked up thanks to her little plan and made her desire clear.

Attack on Titan: 27

The scene with the mother and despaired daughter was pretty sad but at least Sasha got one of them out. She also was pretty reckless near the end with the arrow but hey it worked.

Kado: 1

Was waiting for it to switch to Shindou most of the episode. It was straight though seeing the reactions. That assistant is rather energetic.

ReLIFE ep 1-4
Good stuff so far. I'm glad I started watching this.

The forced smile of the intellectual girl really cracks me up.
Also, I strongly suspect the redhead to be another ReLife experiment.

blurr

My Hero Academia 23

I've already seen that last cut thrice(fourth time while writing this).

Didn't expect Todoroki use his right hand powers.

Just T

My Hero Academia: 23

Finally get to see this moment animated and wow it was done really well, shit was on point. Not just the action but they got the overall mood down too. It does suck that a good bit of the action was dimmed but it can't be helped.

Deku did lose the match but to go out of his way and help Todoroki out like that is pretty admirable and made it one of my favorite moments. And the going all out looks was just dope.

kewlmyc

I'm also going top stop posting almost entirely after this. I am realising that on top of making me unproductive(I have low attention problems) posting here actually harms my on enjoyment most of the time. So BANG. I wanted to stop before this episode but this was way too much of a phenomenal episode for this.

Sorry to hear that, dude. Hope you come back at some point. While it could be a little overbearing at times, your enthusiasm was nice to have around.

Jintor

MHA 23

jesus christ.

i've always loved this manga chapter but fuck me dead that animation and the music swelling was just incredible

Gulz1992

Berserk: recap episode

As it says, yesterday's Berserk was a recap episode, likely because the studio has fallen behind schedule and are trying to make sure that the next episode won't be as embarrassingly unfinished as last week's was.

Will they succeed? My guess is that it probably won't be as bad as last week's. Will it actually be good? I'll let you judge the preview to determine that:

b6anU8C.gif

Chase17

Going out with the best episode huh.

That's too bad to hear, I liked the positivity. I can see where you coming from though. Hopefully a break helps and you come back to posting.
And hopefully RxL isn't cancelled at that point lol

convo

MHA S2 10

Todoroki now running on Steam Power™. Awesome effects on his heat wave. That shit was dope and the next arc is coming soon as well.

Dali

What's a good episode to start with Naruto's ending? I read the manga into the ninja war and it just became a mishmash of characters I didn't give a crap about like Blackhawk down. I want to see things finish.

phaze

My Hero Academia 23

You're not allowed to leave until you become a cynical, soulless husk like the rest of us.

duckroll

Napping Princess was pretty good... for a 2017 Kenji Kamiyama film! It's interesting how most of my friends were really confused by the end tho.

Chase17

What's a good episode to start with Naruto's ending? I read the manga into the ninja war and it just became a mishmash of characters I didn't give a crap about like Blackhawk down. I want to see things finish.

The final showdown is pretty good and that is 476-477. The last chapter hasn't even been adapted lol.
Edit: I guess these are after the conclusion of the war though.

The Obito vs Kakashi fight is probably worth checking out too but I'm not sure what episode that is.

Szadek

Yuna Yuki is a Hero - Ep. 2
The anime continues to be great.
Togo was the focus of this episode. She was to affarid to fight, but felt bad that her friends had to fight without her.
She got over it when she saw that Yuna was about to get killed by one of the monsters.

I just noticed that the music is pretty good as well.
Also, the transformation sequences are great, so far I like Toga's the most, but I need to see them a few more times to really make up my mind.

convo

Yakitate Japan - 01

Eh, not a fan of the MCs "Solar Hands" being constantly the point of focus. There's a difference between bringing it up rarely as a metaphor for his talent and it genuinely being a thing that characters address all the time. And I mean, talent isn't exactly the most exciting thing to focus on anyways. At least his interest in baking is properly explained as it's more or less thanks to his sister and grandfather.

Still, I'll watch 1-2 more episodes and if people can't shut up about his Solar Hands then I'm out.

PS: I do appreciate the JaPan pun, though.

Oh this series was enjoyable up to a point, they sort of started shitting on certain side characters so thoroughly that i really felt bad for them. The "reactions" to food tasting get Prince of Tennis level of absurd but it didn't help me get much past
the time-traveling story
. It did introduce me to math problems i used in a highschool project. If nothing it has a lot of stuff.

blurr

My Hero Academia 23

That's a sham but whatever makes you happy I guess.

phaze

Getting grasp of the war would be difficult without watching basically all of it I think. You could I guess skip it in its entirety and watch just the last fight.

322 , 343-345 , 375 , 418 or 420 (Guy going ham) are some of the better eps in war arc. + of course the very last clash.

My Hero Academia 23

I'm stil shaking...The whole thing was a absolutely above and beyond(PLUS ULTRA) anything I was expecting. I am still smiling from the aftereffects of the episode and still feeling all tingly haha. The animation(cubes, impact frame, speed line), the emotional peak and the culmination of everything since episode one. I'll forever praise studio BONES and Yutaka Nakamura. Thank you for making MHA into such greatness. One of the best moment in shonen history right here. The birth of the MADMAN. IZUKU *DEKU* MIDORIYA.

This is a shame =(

Szadek

My Hero Academia 2 - Ep. 10
Best episode of the season, not just for this show, but in general.
It's the best fight scene of the year so far as well and if we get a better one this year, than I can't wait to see it.
Shouto is a so much better rival than Kacchan, who is always so angry , the Hulk tells him to came the fuck down.

My Hero Academia - 10

Delivered.

My Hero Academia 23

This thread's gonna be weird without a reminder every other page of how My Hero Academia is the king of all anime.

Later! :)

blurr

Midoriya vs Todoroki was a battle of ideals/beliefs as much as that of strength and tactics. This depth is what I like about the show and kind of why I find it so endearing (the only other shonen show/manga I've seen come close to that endearing spirit is One Piece but I still prefer MHA over it).

Todoroki needed to reject his father but he was also rejecting himself in doing so, he won the battle but lost his ideal.

Midoriya subconsciously worked towards helping Todoroki get over his contempt, he lost the battle but saved Todoroki with his ideals, effectively winning in that regard.

Shingeki Episode 35

I just want them to get away so we can get some answers, please succeed TeamTitan4 Please. Or would it be 5, only way I can see Christa being THIS important is if she can titanize too?

New vocal song was pretty awesome, as well as the reused s1 music.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Attack on Titan Season 2, Episode 10:

You know, it really does highlight how shallow a character Eren really is when stacked against the other Titan Shifters, in particular Ymir has emerged as true breakout given the level of nuance provided to her in a pretty short amount of time given how she was a background character in Season One.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
For me the current battle for AOTS is between Attack on Titan and My Hero Academia with the faltering of KADO this week.

blurr

I dropped Sakura Quest and I'm yet to watch Aot S2 so I'll reserve my judgement until I watch it. I'll be surprised if I find myself conflicted over it but hey, hope that is the case.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I dropped Sakura Quest and I'm yet to watch Aot S2 so I'll reserve my judgement until I watch it. I'll be surprised if I find myself conflicted over it but hey, hope that is the case.

Sakura Quest pisses me off because it should be a great series, yet it is mediocre at best.

duckroll

Too tired to write a review on it now, but here are more hot takes.

- Napping Princess is a better Letter to Momo with less Ghibli homages and ripoffs, and a more creative scifi angle.

- Napping Princess has a pretty kickasss Yoko Shimomura soundtrack.

- It's definitely better than Re:Cyborg 009. I promise!

AoT S2 - 35

God damn there were a lot of revelations and yet as many new answers this episode. If I had forgotten most of the manga chapters from last episode I remembered downright nothing from this one.

Direction was a notch above last episode and man, I can only hope Studio Wit brings their absolute a game for these last 2 remaining epsiodes.

Attack on Titan Season 2, Episode 10:

You know, it really does highlight how shallow a character Eren really is when stacked against the other Titan Shifters, in particular Ymir has emerged as true breakout given the level of nuance provided to her in a pretty short amount of time given how she was a background character in Season One.

I think it has to be deliberate when I consider just how much attention to detail, planning ahead and genuinely good characterization for others there is in Attack on Titan. And I mean what's clear and something I've always appreciated is that Eren's 'idiotic' behavior is actually regarded as such from the other characters. Just one instance of that took place in last episode when Ymir called out Eren's screaming as childish.

I'm even starting to think that Mikasa, who's similarly one-note as Eren, might have more reasons for her complete obsession over Eren, on top of her tragic past. I mean there's still the open question what Eren's father was treating her for and how he did that. If he can concoct Titan-turning serums then who knows what he did with her. Maybe whatever it is that seems to make her incredible skilled at everything has that side effect or so, who knows.

Well, and part of the problem with Eren stem from the anime and it's pacing (and the lack of character development we should've gotten from episode 24/25 if they were closely adapted). When they tried to fill time in episode 8 after the fight and basically stretched a single frame into a minute long backstory where they can basically not even tell anything new (with how tight the plotting is), well that just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom