• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

It does sound to me like the anime industry is going to reach a breaking point.
Or maybe it already passed that point.

Yeah, it's inevitable. If you're on twitter and interested in this issue, Thomas Romain often brings up problems with the industry like the hectic scheduling, low pay, loo many productions and not enough animators leading to subpar shows etc.

How ARE the labor laws in Japan anyways? Seems like if they were stricter the industry would drastically change.

Then again we have developers like Rockstar in the US who are overworking their employees as well.

dan2026

Yeah, it's inevitable. If you're on twitter and interested in this issue, Thomas Romain often brings up problems with the industry like the hectic scheduling, low pay, loo many productions and not enough animators leading to subpar shows etc.
I am very interested. Thank you.

It disappoints me no end to see such train wrecks like the Berserk anime.
That a property that I love being treated so poorly is disappointing and a bit embarrassing.

I don't blame the creators involved though. They were clearly under impossible conditions.

It does sound to me like the anime industry is going to reach a breaking point.
Or maybe it already passed that point.

People keep saying that, and it's difficult to imagine the current working conditions being sustainable, but yet there are still new animation studios being formed all the time and the industry keeps making more and more money. So it's difficult to know when if ever the industry's overall working climate will actually change.

dan2026

People keep saying that, and it's difficult to imagine the current working conditions being sustainable, but yet there are still new animation studios being formed all the time and the industry keeps making more and more money. So it's difficult to know when if ever the industry's overall working climate will actually change.
Reading some things seem to imply that many new animators in Japan are being paid below the countries minimum wage. I don't understand how this is legal. Some sort of awful loophole I assume.

So not only are they overworked but massively underpaid too.

It sounds like Japanese animators really do need to unionise.
They need protection for their workers rights.

Narag

You'd thinks so but then you see stuff like this where they just haven't gotten around to it or even hint it's a bad idea and realize why they haven't.
1c7r8ZWl.jpg

hiE1aLe.png

Re:Creators Episode 9

I enjoyed the talking, all the truth and lies and truth and lies. Poor Sota but also poor Alice who is so gullible its not even funny.

Im shocked Mamika actually died, I thought she would be saved by someone at least, even saved by Magane of all people.

will gaming really reach a breaking point? In all likelyhood, AAA niche titles and consoles with big budgets will disappear and mobile gaming with small to medium budgets will just rise.

I thought most of mobile gaming winners are kind of rare, as it seems many mobile games just die out fast. I remember some article said over 100 jpn mobile games ended in just the first four months of this year already.

Reading some things seem to imply that many new animators in Japan are being paid below the countries minimum wage. I don't understand how this is legal. Some sort of awful loophole I assume.

So not only are they overworked but massively underpaid too.

Most animators are not paid salaries but are paid per cut. So their pay depends on how quickly they can churn out work. The exceptions are animators who work for KyoAni, Toei (where animators did actually unionize), and now P.A. Works has announced that they will move to a salaried model starting in 2019.

MartyStu

You know, I am starting to realize that the male best friend is my favorite character in pretty much every harem anime I have ever watched.

Centering a show around such a character would be a lot of fun.

The Kings Avatar Episode 9
DBbZregWsAEugZi.jpg

Finally up to date, and finally we get One Inch Ash to join up with Lord Grim for a bit. This will be good, as his Ghostblade is pretty awesome.

Chat rooms scenes are hilarious though I sometimes have to bring up the wiki just to remember who a few people are based on looks.

Steamed Bun Invasion getting all excited with his claw was fun too.

Jarmel

Banned
Re:Creators-9
SURPRISE! THE SHOW IS SO MUCH BETTER WHEN THERE'S A CRAZY PERSON TALKING!
Hiroe is so much better at creating crazy hot females that I don't know what he was thinking putting Meteora in the show to begin with. This episode consisted almost entirely of talking but it's lightyears improved over than previous episodes just because of the content in those words. Magane is toying with Sota for over half the episode and it's beautiful to watch. Also sexy.
All of the summoned creations should have been villains.

Line_HTX

The cleaning eh football anime next anime.

https://youtu.be/7CC__ij9WLM

Ole, ole, ole, ole. We are the... janitors?

Re:Creators-9Hiroe is so much better at creating crazy hot females that I don't know what he was thinking putting Meteora in the show to begin with. This episode consisted almost entirely of talking but it's lightyears improved over than previous episodes just because of the content in those words. Magane is toying with Sota for over half the episode and it's beautiful to watch. Also sexy.

Dayum, that's hawt.

You know, I am starting to realize that the male best friend is my favorite character in pretty much every harem anime I have ever watched.

Centering a show around such a character would be a lot of fun.

I've wanted an anime like this for years.

An anime where the main character is the best friend that always gets the short end of the stick while the Gary Stu who'd normally be the protagonist gets all the ladies.

I've always imagined a scene with him reaching a breaking point where he just goes off on a rant on how much of a shithead the MC and his harem were to him.

You know, something engaging!

Re:Creators-9

SURPRISE! THE SHOW IS SO MUCH BETTER WHEN THERE'S A CRAZY PERSON TALKING!

Hiroe is so much better at creating crazy hot females that I don't know what he was thinking putting Meteora in the show to begin with. This episode consisted almost entirely of talking but it's lightyears improved over than previous episodes just because of the content in those words. Magane is toying with Sota for over half the episode and it's beautiful to watch. Also sexy.

All of the summoned creations should have been villains.

Purple Hair, Sadistic, Stepping on the MC....I think MetroidPrimeRib has a new waifu.

MartyStu

Should I be watching Re: Creators? Everyone keeps talking about it and I have dropped all the shows I was previously following.

petran79

Banned
You'd thinks so but then you see stuff like this where they just haven't gotten around to it or even hint it's a bad idea and realize why they haven't.
1c7r8ZWl.jpg

hiE1aLe.png

In Europe at least animated features get significant funds from sponsors, state commitees and the EU.

Quasar

will gaming really reach a breaking point? In all likelyhood, AAA niche titles and consoles with big budgets will disappear and mobile gaming with small to medium budgets will just rise.

Hasn't it already, with the collapse of the mid tier game which was replaced with indies which the glut is now negatively impacting.

Meanwhile with AAAs, it's like Hollywood where budgets and other factors gave meant the year can only sustain a small number of tentpole releases. And games have the added problem of actively encouraging players to choose a single game as service and nothing else.

JulianImp

Eromanga-sensei - #9
Having the rest of the cast go out where Sagiri can't follow them was a nice call, but I'm guessing Elf might be this series' Kuroneko in that she'll try her darnest to get Masamune to like her and will still ultimately fail. The biggest issue here ins that, unlike in OreImo, the MC's already aware that he's into his little sister in that way, so it probably is even more hopeless for poor Elf here.

sonicmj1

Re:Creators 9

See? Just limit the amount of lines Selesia and Meteora have, and the show improves.

I do keep finding it odd how small and empty Tokyo keeps seeming. Characters keep bumping into each other relatively randomly and/or finding abandoned places where nobody notices huge explosions or destruction. The incident kicking off this episode is just one of many examples.

More of a nitpick than anything else, because the convenience keeps the plot moving, but it makes the world seem less alive.

Re:Creators 9

See? Just limit the amount of lines Selesia and Meteora have, and the show improves.

I do keep finding it odd how small and empty Tokyo keeps seeming. Characters keep bumping into each other relatively randomly and/or finding abandoned places where nobody notices huge explosions or destruction. The incident kicking off this episode is just one of many examples.

More of a nitpick than anything else, because the convenience keeps the plot moving, but it makes the world seem less alive.

I thought people fled town after the magical attack downtime in broad daylight.

Lupin IIIrd: The Blood Spray of Goemon Ishikawa

I was going to talk about other aspects of this film, but my eyes are still seared by the extreme brutality of the violence in the final act. You'd expect blood to be everywhere per the title, and it is, but I didn't expect so many explicit cross-sections of the human body. Yikes.

Narag

Lupin IIIrd: The Blood Spray of Goemon Ishikawa

I was going to talk about other aspects of this film, but my eyes are still seared by the extreme brutality of the violence in the final act. You'd expect blood to be everywhere per the title, and it is, but I didn't expect so many explicit cross-sections of the human body. Yikes.

9OJ5dFS.gif

AoT - 35

This showwwwwwwww. Damn so many questions have opened up now. I can't possibly see them ending this in a conclusive way in a couple of episodes though, so idk... And for sure this won't get a third season anytime soon as well, so this only makes matters worse :(

KraytarJ

Re: Creators 9
So now to add onto the mind numbing boredom that just hangs over the series, they decide to make the incredibly annoying character omnipresent. I think I'm officially past my breaking point.

JulianImp

Eromanga sensei ep.9

Elf, you just bumped up a ton of notches in my mind with this performance. With that being said, prepare to get crushed; you have no shot with mr siscon..

It's pretty sad, since this is like a version of OreImo where the author didn't even want to let us entertain the thought of having the MC match-up with anybody that isn't his little sister.

Like, why even have alternate love interests if the guy has long ago made up his mind about Sagiri being the love of his life, and his little sister even reciprocates his feelings for her? I mean, at least Kyousuke (dakke?) was initally really into Kuroneko, at least until she voluntarily let go off of him so that he could discover his feelings for freaking Kirino, that is (oh dear, just remembering that arc's conclussion makes me feel frazzled).

Wonder Woman

"Wow this DC movie is good, I hope they don't kneecap it by having a big dumb fight at the end with lots of slowmo that ruins what the movie was going for."

You won't believe what happens next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom