• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Symphogear AXZ site updated with new key visual

Info about new voice actors and stuff via zoid9000

AXZ takes place only a few weeks after the incidents in the previous season.

http://symphogear.blogspot.sg/2017/06/first-axz-info-leaked-from-anime.html

Seems like there will be a special "3.5" OVA episode which takes place between events of Symphogear GX and AXZ.

First anime? Hmmm....if I'm not counting those episodes of Digimon that I watched during my childhood, probably 12 Kingdoms or Kiddy Grade since it was what my local free-to-air TV channel was showing that time.

Their then-anime timeslot belt also introduced me to Last Exile which I have a pretty fond memory of.

Just notice the villains this time...well yeah, other than Saint-Germain, you can say Cagliostro and Prelati are trannies.

Cagliostro - Shouta Aoi
Saint-Germain - Minako Kotobuki
Prelati - Rina Hidaka
oxfV00j.png

Cornbread78

Fukumenkei Noise ep.9
This is one heck of a powerful love triangle we have going here. I almost feel bad for Alice at this point as the boys are basically fighting over here and she has no clue. I will give the show credit for taking it's time to develop Alice's emotions, despite the melodramatic external appearance.. The show on the whole is actually pretty good.

Bastard Teacher Glenn ep.10
Whelp, here we go again, another kidnapping will occur next episode, just wait. So many evil mages in this society. uughh.

The show started off with mindless fun to endless evil dudes trying to kidnap the princess or screw over Sensei

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
First anime:
Doraemon or Nobody boy (aka rem).
Watching doraemon again as an adult didgive me new perspective, like, why the fuck there's a fanservice in kid show!? Nobita often accidentally saw Shizuka taking a bath, like,yikes!

Symphogear AXZ site updated with new key visual

Info about new voice actors and stuff via zoid9000

AXZ takes place only a few weeks after the incidents in the previous season.

http://symphogear.blogspot.sg/2017/06/first-axz-info-leaked-from-anime.html

Seems like there will be a special "3.5" OVA episode which takes place between events of Symphogear GX and AXZ.

First anime? Hmmm....if I'm not counting those episodes of Digimon that I watched during my childhood, probably 12 Kingdoms or Kiddy Grade since it was what my local free-to-air TV channel was showing that time.

Their then-anime timeslot belt also introduced me to Last Exile which I have a pretty fond memory of.
Chris needs more guns.

Ugh, that Symphogear visual.

Every time I see a clip or picture of Symphogear I want to watch it but then I remember how relentlessly downbeat, angsty, and unfun the first three episodes were.

I literally could not find a single character that I enjoyed.

Jarmel

Banned
Symphogeah S1 is pretty different from the remaining seasons.

Aoi Yuuki being shit at singing remains a constant throughout though. ;)

MSMrRound

Symphogeah S1 is pretty different from the remaining seasons.

True. For me things really picked up from S2 onwards, but I still enjoyed S1 quite a bit in its own campy sense

Aoi Yuuki being shit at singing remains a constant throughout though. ;)

Also....true. The struggle of being matched with Mizuki Nana herself and Ayahi Takagaki (who's part of Sphere, the singing group)

but she went from where she was to handling Youjo Senki's ending Los Los Los: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4fuFLGO0iA so I'll have to say that she came quite a long way as well. She was definitely a lot more confident in the Feb 2016 concert as compared to when she was in the 2013 concert.

MSMrRound

Macross Delta

Well, both ARE animated by Satelight...but if like what you said earlier and that you only gave Symphogear the 3 episodes rule/haven't finish the series, there's really a lot of other stuff for the series that you have yet to experience.

Good attempt with trying for the hot takes on the series though.

/XX/

Just to clarify something from my previous post; while presenting the BD-BOX promotional video I don't want to imply that the entirety of the Sherlock Hound series is consistent animation wise or in terms of overall engagement, in my opinion. In fact, I'd recommend as a first contact with the property checking directly the latest BD release of theatrical version for 'The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle' and 'Treasure Under the Sea'... but, unfortunately (and as far as I'm aware) the newer Ghibli Ga Ippai Collection release made for the TMS Entertainment 50th anniversary promotion were more similar to repackages of the previous BD release of the theatrical version (from 2008), and so that newer 'Telecine' process for the 35mm film negative only benefited the transfer for the BD-BOX mentioned earlier. Take this into consideration if you are willing to search for the digital discs now on sale.

'Touché'!

Dude, can you imagine nowadays another Spanish TV channel ('de los generalistas') having both Ranma ½ and Sailor Moon
(yeah, I was one of those boys who watched it, and I'm proud of myself)
on air? Oh, Antena 3, '¡quién te ha visto y quién te ve!' :'-(

Narag

What's funny is Nintendoman would appreciate hibiki if given a proper shot since she's the sort of protagonist he loves

What's funny is Nintendoman would appreciate hibiki if given a proper shot since she's the sort of protagonist he loves

She's the kind of protagonist I love that was made on an assembly line.

Except that you expect things on an assembly line to be well put-together.

zulux21

Do you think will ever see Viz Media release subbed versions of Kinnikuman?

nope.

I don't think Viz media remembers anything they haven't released in the last year.

we get meh shows like ranma rereleased in collectors versions instead of good shows like maison ikkoku instead :/

when they rereleased ranma I could still buy it for a decent price.

I have never been able to get maison ikkoku for a decent price :(

they also should do series collections for stuff like nana and honey and clover, but nope, they are just going to let those go out of print as well (honey and clover is already stupid expensive for some parts)

nope.

I don't think Viz media remembers anything they haven't released in the last year.

we get meh shows like ranma rereleased in collectors versions instead of good shows like maison ikkoku instead :/

when they rereleased ranma I could still buy it for a decent price.

I have never been able to get maison ikkoku for a decent price :(

they also should do series collections for stuff like nana and honey and clover, but nope, they are just going to let those go out of print as well (honey and clover is already stupid expensive for some parts)

That's a shame because Kinnikuman was a great shounen.

I'll see if I can dig up a tangential E7 staff connection later that might help you reconsider.

Hey if you want me to think even less of Symphogear, be my guest!

literally all you need to do is watch the first six minutes of symphogear gx

is that the webm of all the super robot magical girls going nuts in space. that was cool

too bad that's not what I got out of watching the first three episodes. you might as well have shown me a clip from Gundam 00 Awakening of the Trailblazer.

JulianImp

I watched the first two seasons of Symphogear, but I don't think I'll be picking it up again. Things were already pretty dumb in the second season, so once I picked up the third's first couple episodes and saw that it basically was reusing the same setup as the previous season, I didn't really feel like going on.

The whole second season was all kinds of boring as well with the "complex" (read: overly melodramatic) moral issues the other Symphogear team had to deal with, and the mad scientist was pretty awful... I mean, I often enjoy hammy characters like his, but he was just an agent of chaos that also acted in really stupid ways most of the time, and never got narmy enough to become entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom