• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoPri was worse with it since Towa was only ever evil literally because of brainwashing. At least Siren had some emotional reasons to go bad in addition to brainwashing.

My brainwashing comment was applied to the whole series. Movie included

Plus it kind of blunted the show a bit because it was further dragged out over time

My Hero Academia Season 2 Episode 14

This episode should have ended with the tournament getting underway. As it stands, it's an episode of everyone getting excited for something the viewer never sees.

I will admit some of the character interactions were cute tho.

There were a few new anime I was interested in airing tomorrow. Then I remembered I will have Persona 5 waiting for me by my door. Guess I won't be watching anything any more.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Just realized Your Name is gonna be in theaters this weekend, awesome, I can finally see if it lives up to the hype

Quasar

Any good comedy and/or slice of life anime?

I really liked Non Non Biyori and to a smaller extent Konosuba. I think Gintama is a bit too long for me though.

Lots.

Pocos Udon World
Flying Witch
Sweetness and Lightning

And thats just last year. I have multitudes I could recommend. SoL is one of my things.

For comedy I always mention Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun.

Sword Art Online Abridged - 11 - Season Finale
Without a doubt, SWE has managed to improve upon SAO in every single way imaginable. SAOA is the true canon to the series. I really like how they actually gave Kayaba an actual good motive that wasn't him just being insane.
Damn you Bethesda and Metacritic!

Can't wait for Season 2 to start up in a couple months, I am extremely interested in how they will pull off ALO

Aye. My only gripes are how they didn't give a concrete enough answer as to how
Asuna overcame the paralysis and how they both survived getting killed by Kayaba.
Otherwise, it was pure satisfaction.

My money's on them going with what DBZ Abridged did with
the Garlic Jr. Saga
They basically
abruptly stopped the villain in his tracks before the start of the arc, basically saving audiences from terrible filler.

I could just see
Sugou getting caught on camera touching Asuna and Kirito simultaneously spreading the picture of Asuna in the cage. Or Kirito would just cheat his way through ALO and curb-stomp Sugou the moment he sees him.

duckroll

There were a few new anime I was interested in airing tomorrow. Then I remembered I will have Persona 5 waiting for me by my door. Guess I won't be watching anything any more.

Here's my Persona 5 story: I saw local preorders for the PS3 version of Persona 5 going at ridiculous prices, so I thought I would be really clever and order it on Amazon instead for a killer price of 42 USD even though shipping will take longer. Yesterday I saw a store with the PS3 version on sale at only a slightly higher price than what I paid for on Amazon. But then I was too lazy to bother with cancelling the order which is already shipping since it comes with other shit in the order too. Probably will get it in a week or two now. Lol.

Let's end today by peering into the fascinating mind of Yoshiyuki Tomino.

C8d_GRYWXs_AA8af0.jpg

C8d_Kk_DXg_AEVGb-.jpg

One can clearly see how such an inspiring mind could deliver such amazing Gundam heroines.

Here's my Persona 5 story: I saw local preorders for the PS3 version of Persona 5 going at ridiculous prices, so I thought I would be really clever and order it on Amazon instead for a killer price of 42 USD even though shipping will take longer. Yesterday I saw a store with the PS3 version on sale at only a slightly higher price than what I paid for on Amazon. But then I was too lazy to bother with cancelling the order which is already shipping since it comes with other shit in the order too. Probably will get it in a week or two now. Lol.
Damn that sucks. I know because it has happened to me more often than I'd like. Stay strong my friend.

Cornbread78

Alice to Zouroku ep.1
So far so good... well, outside of tge horrible car chase cg. The story has an ibteresting premise and could lead to some additional cool battle scenes with the other "test subjects." I'm also interested in learning more about the old man's story and what's up with his grand daughter & fam. Plus tge back and forth between the old man and Alice could keep getting better as she learns about tge outside world. Good intro episode even at 45 mins.

duckroll

Damn that sucks. I know because it has happened to me more often than I'd like. Stay strong my friend.

I'm not super bothered by it. I'm only 65+ hours into Zelda BotW and I think it'll last me another week or so at least. I'm also early on in Heavensward, so FFXIV is a real drain on my free time still. Also have the Year Two hardcover of Hickman's East of West arriving from Amazon in a different order. And all the shows I want to check out this season start this weekend.

I'm good! :)

I'm not super bothered by it. I'm only 65+ hours into Zelda BotW and I think it'll last me another week or so at least. I'm also early on in Heavensward, so FFXIV is a real drain on my free time still. Also have the Year Two hardcover of Hickman's East of West arriving from Amazon in a different order. And all the shows I want to check out this season start this weekend.

I'm good! :)
Damn, yeah I have put a bit over 40hrs into Zelda but I haven't beaten my third divine beast yet. The nature of how the game works, it's the perfect pickup and play game for me. When I want to just fuck around in a big open world and explore, with little care about a plot, I just drop in and go hunting for shrines.
Just picked up my copy of Persona 5 while on break... Steelbook is sexy af.
At first I was super OCD about how much it will stand out from all of my other games. But then I realized... That that's the point. Mine just shipped as I typed this, can't wait to have it in my hands.
WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYBODY GETTING IT EARLY ASMADSMDMSADMSADM
This may very well be the first time in recent years in which I have seen such a huge number of folks playing a game early.

I could cancel my special edition preorder from Amazon and get the regular edition but I think I can ultimately wait. it's a lot of nice swag. I don't care for the Morgana plush, I'm sure doggo will love it.

duckroll

Anno doesn't seem to be onboard with tomino there at all lol

Anno is a smart guy who is very self-aware. That's one of this strongest traits. He can make fanservice trash like the worst of them, but he knows what he is doing when he does. Tomino is an old guy who has zero self-awareness, but tends to have really interesting ideas and concepts. Execution though... not so good. Hahahaha.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Anno is a smart guy who is very self-aware. That's one of this strongest traits. He can make fanservice trash like the worst of them, but he knows what he is doing when he does. Tomino is an old guy who has zero self-awareness, but tends to have really interesting ideas and concepts. Execution though... not so good. Hahahaha.

Spoken by someone whose soul is weighed down by earth's gravity.

zulux21

School Rumble is amazing until the end, which is garbage.

I detect no lies here.

it sucks that the series has a non ending.. though if I recall right a new chapter of school rumble manga was supposed to come out this year.

but still the journey to the end is great with a great cast.

plus it's kind of amazing that the series doesn't have the main character take over as main character until like halfway through the first season :p

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga Episode 11 – Shine Bright as the Sun
C8ifVp-W0AAhMUh.jpg:small

Yukio is the worst.

Blue flames was as epic as it was in the manga. So glad they adapted this episode in an enjoyable manner. All the friends comments after seeing Rin and what happened were fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom