• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

Tamako Market 11-12 END

These were probably the best episodes of the lot despite the slightly ridiculous premise and subsequent silly misunderstanding(which is nothing new for the show). There's a lot that this episode managed to evoke concerning Tamako and her relationship with the Usagiyama Shopping center.

Episode 12 had one scene that didn't need to explain why or what to understand how Tamako felt, that was very moving. It all concluded very well although Choi needs to understand the gravity of her assumptions (Tamako was partly at fault too). I didn't think I'd be so happy for a rejection.

Tamako Market is a neat show which does not have much going for it depending on how you gauge your expectations but it's generally really well done if you've an eye for good production. I'm looking forward to watching the movie now.

blurr

Daily reminder that Dera is the best character in Tamako Market.

I was under the impression that it was the other way around initially but seeing how integral he is to the humor and character interactions I can't say I disagree (entirely).

Cornbread78

Tamako Market 11-12 END
I'm looking forward to watching the movie now.

More mochi talk is coming, but the movie is a pretty damn good wrap up of the main's story.

Funny thing is that this gif is the only reason I ever watched the series or the movie....

tumblr_n30zsnEQYf1qm0fp6o1_500.gif

I actually outright skipped this episode as it aired because I hate that character that much. Turned out to be a good decision as I certainly didn't miss anything.
Fortunately the rest of the show before and after is gold.
Ugh. Terrible character and they even wasted an entire episode on her.
Come on guys isn't it funny when she just walks into a scene and starts physically assaulting the lead because men.

She's seriously a terrible character that has no purpose in the story other tgan to get his psychotic friend excited.

Aki-at

I just got Persona 5 but also have left over games Nioh and Horizon too.

I hope all the animes are terrible this season so I don't miss much, fingers crossed!!!

Twin Star Exorcists / Sousei no Onmyouji

50 episodes. 50 episodes. But I had to finish it!

Pros:
- Characters are generally entertaining
- OP's are great
- Main villain turns out to be pretty tragic
- We see Shimon's butt twice

Cons:
- Pacing
- Animation's not lively enough to accompany fight scenes

Not really a con:
- Needed more Mayura x Shimon
5I5s8.png

Grade:
C. Its one of those shows that hinges on how much you like the cast

Eh I was pretty disappointed myself.

The second the bad guy went "oh you stopped from killing 95% of the people on the planet and robbing the rest of their emotions. But I'll be back in another 1000 to try again." They should have smacked him down hard. The fact he got zero comeuppance after all the shit he pulled was a huge let down.

Then the second half of the episode was too focused on the main leads spilling their spaghetti all over the place which was a really boring note to go out on.

I actually liked the fact that they didn't manage to overpower him. Plus with him awaiting the fate of the future and the possibility of the Twin Star baby not having to fulfill any destiny satisfies me when thinking about the message of "fighting for a future while disregarding fate"

You sure? I could've sworn it was listed to premiere tomorrow.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...quest-anime-series-to-simuldub-lineup/.114214

Well, depends on where you're at I guess:
FUNimation Entertainment announced at its panel at Anime Boston on Saturday that it will stream a simuldub of the Sakura Quest television anime series. Funimation confirmed with ANN that the series will debut with the English dub on FunimationNow starting on May 4.

The anime will premiere in Japan at 12:00 a.m. at night on Tuesday, April 4 (effectively Wednesday morning) on Amazon Prime Japan, and future episodes will stream at 12:30 a.m. on Wednesday nights. The series will premiere at 12:00 a.m. at night on Wednesday, April 5 (effectively Thursday morning) on Tokyo MX and AT-X, and also air on ABC, BS11, and Tulip TV. It will also stream on Niconico Anime Channel.

Szadek

Alice to Zouroku - Ep. 1
One of girls has the super power to summon everything that hasa chain. I know excatly what I would summon:
latest

Hardly a very original series, but it was kind of endearing and the powers were pretty cool as well.

Cornbread78

I just got Persona 5 but also have left over games Nioh and Horizon too.
I hope all the animes are terrible this season so I don't miss much, fingers crossed!!!

It's bad...

I just finished Tales of Berseria last week and started Mass Effect over the weekend.. I also got Horizon and Nier for my birthday that are now sitting on my shelf, along with the copy of Persona 5 I picked up last night.... That's pretty much a year of gaming for me all just sitting there and I want to play all of them right now dammit. Persona 5 will probably take me 3-4 months to play through.... Work/life responsibilities really suck sometimes, lol.

Twin Star Exorcists / Sousei no Onmyouji
- Needed more Mayura x Shimon

I actually liked the fact that they didn't manage to overpower him. Plus with him awaiting the fate of the future and the possibility of the Twin Star baby not having to fulfill any destiny satisfies me when thinking about the message of "fighting for a future while disregarding fate"

I enjoyed my time with the show. It was pretty frustrating to watch at a few points along the way, but over-all it was a worthwhile experience. and yeah, Mayuri
x Shimon
should have been completed by the end.

Your point on the fate of the Miko is spot on and the most understated point of the show imo.

Cornbread78

Don't play ME:A.
Eh. I would go for Nier: Automata or Persona 5 instead honestly.

I know, I know.....

It's also what all of my friends are playing and they want to talk about it all the time. Seriously, my buddy just bought it so he could bang Gill then drop the game, but he never played the previous games and keeps asking about the lore/world references and stuff about game, so I'm trying to keep up.

I REALLY want to dig into P5 though....

Szadek

Fresh Precure - Ep. 2
Not really feeling Cure Berry so far, but maybe she gets better later.
Love's hair style was pretty funny this episode.

Gundam IBO- S2 Ep. 2
Mostly a set up episode.
That new haired kid has an interesting backstory and motivation, but it seems likehe learned the wrong leasons from these events.

Is Frame Arms Girl based on those models I saw all over Akihabara and Nakano Broadway, where you buy like a base skeleton and then you can assemble your own custom parts over the frame to make your own robot or girl or robot girl?

Is Frame Arms Girl based on those models I saw all over Akihabara and Nakano Broadway, where you buy like a base skeleton and then you can assemble your own custom parts over the frame to make your own robot or girl or robot girl?

It's based on the Frame Arms Girl model stuff at least.

Quasar

The movie is really good. Before A Silent Voice I would say it was KyoAni's strongest film.

How many have they made?

I think I've only seen the Market film and the Haruhi one (which I really liked).

But really the Market film is basically what I wanted from the show.

Szadek

Little Witch Academia - Ep. 13
This was certianly the best episode so far.
It was nice to see how Akko made the best out of her limited magic skills as well as the support of her friends.
She now has 3 of the 7 words, which will probably get important very soon.

Cornbread78

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor ep.1
I have no idea WTF that just was, but this teacher is a useless clown.... This was much more comedic based than I thought it would be (nothing really LOL worthy,) and it was really only focused around a few of the characters and didn't offer much in regards to direction outside of fanservice and comedy... Three show rule for sure on this one...

Akashic Records is kinda saved by it's protagonist. It's otherwise pretty standard LN/harem school stuff but he's a pretty interesting character once you get to know him and it's fun to see everyone else bounce off him. It's not particularly good and the student's outfits make -9 sense, with most of the students being pretty standard tropes, but the fights and other parts have some pretty clever tricks he uses.

Basically the teacher makes the series. If you don't like him it's pretty worthless.

Cornbread78

Akashic Records is kinda saved by it's protagonist. It's otherwise pretty standard LN/harem school stuff but he's a pretty interesting character once you get to know him and it's fun to see everyone else bounce off him. It's not particularly good and the student's outfits make -9 sense, with most of the students being pretty standard tropes, but the fights and other parts have some pretty clever tricks he uses.

Basically the teacher makes the series. If you don't like him it's pretty worthless.

I'll give it a couple more episodes, but that wasn't a strong opening for him.

Ascheroth

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor #1

This was actually better than I expected. Comedic timing was spot on, and I even noticed a couple creative cuts with my untrained eye (when Glenn started writing on the blackboard for example).
In general this was fun with a generic changing room fanservice scene in the middle (which I apparently already had forgotten).
I'm probably a little biased, because I know the source material, but this is going to be pretty fun if they keep this up.
Glenn really is a bastard teacher in this episode though.

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor 01

Someone explain the school uniform.
"LN adaption"

BluWacky

Rokudenashi thingymajigy 1

God this was boring. Fake lesbian sisters complaining about breast sizes and a dumbass male lead with a tragic backstory to explain his feigned idiocy; there is nothing in the setup for this that even hints at more than the usual LN dreck.

Quite why I watched it, therefore, I don't know. I think I misread the summary on anichart or something.

More mochi talk is coming, but the movie is a pretty damn good wrap up of the main's story.

Funny thing is that this gif is the only reason I ever watched the series or the movie....

tumblr_n30zsnEQYf1qm0fp6o1_500.gif

I just want a Hibike! Euphonium film that does the exact thing as Tamako Love Story: Just says, in the most obvious way possible, "Yes, Kumiko and Reina are in love with each other and get together!"

Rokudenashi thingymajigy 1

God this was boring. Fake lesbian sisters complaining about breast sizes and a dumbass male lead with a tragic backstory to explain his feigned idiocy; there is nothing in the setup for this that even hints at more than the usual LN dreck.

Quite why I watched it, therefore, I don't know. I think I misread the summary on anichart or something.

Has this been the only anime you've watched this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom