• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Ben-to ep.9
GwTYlS4.png
Theis female president has got to be one of the most annoying characters I can remember. Why did she have to be around this whole episode. Stop trying to rape Oshori and leave her and Saito alone..

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
My Hero Academia Season 2 Episode 14

This episode should have ended with the tournament getting underway. As it stands, it's an episode of everyone getting excited for something the viewer never sees.

I will admit some of the character interactions were cute tho.

The episode should have ended with them entering the stadium or the opening ceremony. It's like the director doesn't know how to do pacing or how to leave the viewer wanting more.

I remember when I was in college

It's been 2 years. And in those 2 years I have so much to teach you my young college kohai. Imagine all of the craft beer you haven't tasted.

Mushishi Zoku Sho S2 8

I liked how the ending of this episode was complicated enough that
it avoided the worst case scenario of the boy dying yet mother and son still weren't able to reconcile and live happily together.
The messiness of some of these stories is one of the reasons I value Mushishi so much.

jman2050

Ben-to ep.9

Theis female president has got to be one of the most annoying characters I can remember. Why did she have to be around this whole episode. Stop trying to rape Oshori and leave her and Saito alone..

I actually outright skipped this episode as it aired because I hate that character that much. Turned out to be a good decision as I certainly didn't miss anything.

Fortunately the rest of the show before and after is gold.

KraytarJ

College feels like forever ago for me and then I realize it's only been 2 years and then I question why it feels like so long ago.

Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju Episode 11

Supernatural phenomenon in IRL stuff just seems odd and weird. Would have rather focused on the real world happenings rather than mixing this stuff with the opportunity to bring randoms here for silly moments. However, I like how it went back to the basics and showed what made s1 so good. Love the competition and playful banter so much.

The Silver Guardian 1

This was okay. So far it appears to be the basic (vr)mmo isekai where the nothing special MC is transported into an MMO where all his gaming expertise comes in handy.

It's short, people who've read the manhua seem to generally like it, and I did enjoy it for the most part. So I'll probably keep with it for now.

The World of Yamizukan 1

I like the aesthetic, and I do enjoy these types of stories. That said, it didn't really stand out all that much, and I think they picked a mostly weak story to start with.

The Laughing Salesman 1

Love the OP. Catchy tune and stylistic animation.

Basically monkey paw the anime. Both of the stories in the episode were fairly predictable, but I still liked the animation and overall stories. I liked the theme, overall progression and result of the second story more than the first. I'm in for some black comedy.

So I've been watching some of the Non-Miyazaki Ghibli films that I've never seen before and I have to ask; should I watch Pom Poko? I already know the movie for the infamous scene, but is it any good outside of that?

Ben-to ep.9

Ugh. Terrible character and they even wasted an entire episode on her.

o3Dts1y.png

Let me know if I missed anything or messed up UTC due to daylight savings time.

As far as TBD stuff, Anime Strike has Saekano 2 and Anonymous Noise. It looks like they'll get Bahamut Virgin Souls and Re:Creators too.

That VRV press release revealed that crunchyroll is getting Akashic Records and "What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?". Crunchyroll has Laughing Salesman and Starmyu season 2 as well (I think these 2 were announced after this post looking back).

Funimation announced a simuldub of Sakura Quest. Crunchy hasn't said anything, but I'm assuming the subs will end up there.

Narag

The Laughing Salesman 1

OP is godtier. Show itself is good but could be great if it stays closer to the B part in tone than the A part.

Jex

It's written by Michiru Shimada, the chief screenwriter for the show, who's also written most of the episodes so far.

If I were a cynical man (and yes, perhaps I am) I would note that the show is smack bang at the halfway point, which is exactly where you'd expect something half-decent and momentous to happen to keep viewers going into the second half...

It's interesting, because every other episode feels like zero effort was expanded on writing them. They all feel utterly devoid of story and character by comparison.

Jex

Wow, must be SOME episode

Btw Jexhius you should watch/catch up on IBO if you haven't I would put it just behind 0080 and 08th MS team and you know that's almost the highest praise I can give to Gundam.

I'll consider it.

Frame Arm Girls 01

Busou Shinki meets Gundam Build Fighters? CG is a bit off-putting though, but my standards have already been sufficiently lowered from watching Alice. Not sure if I want to continue this though.

TUSR

Banned
both attack on titan and my hero academia are on funimation as well. with my hero academia getting a dub as the show comes out (for the first 6 weeks) and attack on titan just being subs. but will air on toonami in a few weeks.

As far as TBD stuff, Anime Strike has Saekano 2 and Anonymous Noise. It looks like they'll get Bahamut Virgin Souls and Re:Creators too.

That VRV press release revealed that crunchyroll is getting Akashic Records and "What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?". Crunchyroll has Laughing Salesman and Starmyu season 2 as well (I think these 2 were announced after this post looking back).

Funimation announced a simuldub of Sakura Quest. Crunchy hasn't said anything, but I'm assuming the subs will end up there.

Appreciate the replies. Ill have an updated schedule in the morning.

Chindogg

Found ep 1 of Tsugumomo!

Tsugumomo 1

Action sequences actually looked really solid. Reminded me of non-filler Naruto in a way. Nudity was kept to a min, but the manga didn't really do frontal nudity until 20-30 chapters in so it's too early to tell how lightbeamed this show will get.

Sad it never got a simulcast because it really has potential to be really great
minus the weird loli goddess character that'll pop up probably next episode. Then again Super Lovers was simulcast so what the fuck?

blurr

K-on 01

It's funny a difference a few years make. I'm pretty sure I watched this before and either never followed up or stopped without even finishing the ep but low and behold, my tolerance for cute girls must have risen sizeably during this span of time. But another important thing is, after subjecting myself to a thousand and one (shit) anime,I can appreciate the execution at the display here much more. The amount of movement, the direction, photography and backgrounds make it clear quickly this is a higher level of effort than your usual cute girls tripe.

Alas, if as I've read, the first season is but a bunch of cake munching and tea sipping , I can see my interest petering out quickly. There's hope for me yet.

One of us
One of us
One of us

Szadek

Frame Arms Girl - Ep. 1
If you ever wanted to watch an anime about sexualized action figures, I have some good news for you.
For everyone else this is an easy skip, because it's so fucking boring.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Autumn is the important season anyway.

I might as well start work on it now. I only need to highlight one show after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom