• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why Takahashi-sensei is the best character of the year so far :p

tumblr_ondv9kYjdE1sh867ho1_500.gif

very unappealing, too bulky

phaze

Beheading Cycle: (Zaregoto) 04
Well, that's not ominous at all.

Not much to say since it wasn't a most eventful ep other than getting more on mc as well as his relationship with Kunagisa but Akane keeps climbing that Nisio character ladder.

Mc-kun is clearly the culprit. No on with such dead eyes can be innocent.

Tsuki ga Kirei 04

This looked like it was on course for a really petty and silly drama but righted itself in the end.

Still am torn between on one hand appreciating the grounded setting and characters and wishing for injection of more energy into characters and dlialogue on the other.

These crowds are hilarious though.

If this thing is getting adapted, and gets picked up over here... Yikes.

LOL. Won't get to that, but what the hell was the creator thinking when they named their work. Like I said, there's no way a title like that is okay to put as a title for the public to buy? But who knows.

Oh it's totally getting a localized toned down title for here. Or not translated.

Oh it's totally getting a localized toned down title for here. Or not translated.
Even then, for sure it will cause a stir. Anime is a niche market, people watching the stuff will either create a dumb outcry saying this is censorship OR they will say the work is dumb and shouldn't even exist in the first place, name toned down or not.

Even then, for sure it will cause a stir. Anime is a niche market, people watching the stuff will either create a dumb outcry saying this is censorship OR they will say the work is dumb and shouldn't even exist in the first place, name toned down or not.

I dunno that one Loli landlord show went by without any real outcry or the student council wife one. With a name change/no translation for its title I think it could probably fly under the radar.

If this thing is getting adapted, and gets picked up over here... Yikes.

LOL. Won't get to that, but what the hell was the creator thinking when they named their work. Like I said, there's no way a title like that is okay to put as a title for the public to buy? But who knows.

It's worth pointing out that "bitch", as incorporated into Japanese as a loanword, has come to mean "loose" or "promiscuous", which makes sense in this context given the plot synopsis included in the ANN article. I'm not sure that makes the title any better, but at least it clarifies the author/publisher's intent with it.

And in spite of that title we'll still get the obligatory:

Non-Pervert said:
My Girlfriend is a Faithful Virgin Bitch - 04

Whaaaaaaaat!!?!??? Oh wow, I really didn't expect this show to go down that route. Like, wtf, hentai got nothing on this. Won't drop it yet but I really hope it gets better...

Cornbread78

Clockwork Planet ep.10
Damn, nice new mecha body Halter. Nauto continues to be creepy as fuck with his robogirl fetish.. A confession/marriage proposal? Craziness... Oh yeah, at least this show is back to being stupid fun again, lop.

Line_HTX

Yeah, I don't even know either... I read that and I had the biggest WTF face myself.

And come on... calling for me to be thrown overboard for a news article?

Back to where things are still pure:

Tsuki ga Kirei - 09
No offensive terms in sight here. Animation today seemed particularly good? Not to say the animation is bad in this show because it isn't but today in particular it stood out to me more than usual.

JulianImp

At least it's better than Tsugumomo in that even the title makes it obvious that it's likely to be harenchi and dumb, being closer to Eromanga-sensei by comparison (ie: "You mean a show about someone who draws lewd stuff is lewd? Crikey!").

Then again, I think gag series are pretty ill-fit for becoming anime unless their humor pool is deep enough to avoid doing the same things over and over. It's mostly the reason why I think any of those "wouldn't it be cool if there was a series narrated from the harem lead's best friend's POV?" ideas would be pretty bad for an actual anime series, since basing the whole story around such a shallow joke is just asking to tire your audience out, IMO.

Like, watching a single episode of the Sakamoto desu ga anime adaptation felt like it was enough for me. It might've worked in its original weekly manga form or as a 5-minute anime adapation but, after 21 minutes of generic and episodic jokes poking fun at the protagonist's gary stu status, it honestly felt like it wasn't going anywhere to warrant watching any more of it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
At least it's better than Tsugumomo in that even the title makes it obvious that it's likely to be harenchi and dumb, being closer to Eromanga-sensei by comparison (ie: "You mean a show about someone who draws lewd stuff is lewd? Crikey!").

Then again, I think gag series are pretty ill-fit for becoming anime unless their humor pool is deep enough to avoid doing the same things over and over. It's mostly the reason why I think any of those "wouldn't it be cool if there was a series narrated from the harem lead's best friend's POV?" ideas would be pretty bad for an actual anime series, since basing the whole story around such a shallow joke is just asking to tire your audience out, IMO.

Like, watching a single episode of the Sakamoto desu ga anime adaptation felt like it was enough for me. It might've worked in its original weekly manga form or as a 5-minute anime adapation but, after 21 minutes of generic and episodic jokes poking fun at the protagonist's gary stu status, it honestly felt like it wasn't going anywhere to warrant watching any more of it.
For me, it's why something like Seitokai Yakuindomo works. It's literally a joke every 2-3 minutes, so even if something doesn't work, it doesn't matter because the next joke is already in the wings.

JulianImp

For me, it's why something like Seitokai Yakuindomo works. It's literally a joke every 2-3 minutes, so even if something doesn't work, it doesn't matter because the next joke is already in the wings.

Yeah, I'm not entirely against series that revolve around jokes, but only as long as they aren't always the same thing. When they are, I've found that short shows such as Galko still manage to work fine since it's one or two gags, and then you wait a whole week before the next batch, which helps avoid boredom due to repetition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom