• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbsa

Darker than Black ep.1-3

I was looking for something a little dark and edgy, so I gave this one a try.. I'm still not sure WTF is going on, but this dudes got a crew and he trues to help people with special powers, or is he trying to hurt them? I'm not sure what side of good or evil the dude falls under, lol.

The second season is the superior one,so i'd advise to continue.

PaulBizkit

Damn, I need to watch the latest episode of Sakura Quest but I just can't find the time during the week.

As regards to the character-related subplots, the two prior episodes were very interesting and made me want to know more about them. Specially Shiori. See, I find those types of characters very charming and funny: you know, the ones like Kasumi Tendo, easy-going, nice, and with a "silly" positive perspective on things.
But with Shiori, they showed a weakness to being so laxed and passive: the fear to things changing. You don't know if she is happy with how things are, or just comfortable (because changes are scary).

This show became unexpectedly good. Best new series this season, at least for me.

Cornbread78

Fairy Tail ep. 108
KyrMmIl.png

I will kill you all myself Grimoire Heart..

Love Rice Episode 10

That kidnapping, I wanted to see Love Rice Harvest Show :(

The dish this episode looked good and actually easy to make.
DBzoPMEXgAMaaFo.jpg:small
DBzoWwrWsAI0n0G.jpg:small

Room mate Episode 9
DBzpn3eXoAAlStp.jpg:small
DBzpn3fXYAAZFMO.jpg:small

Good bath scene, the part with opened legs was hot but also odd because the drawings could have been a bit more detailed and better compared to other anime bath scenes.

nice they added a rainbow
tumblr_inline_or6unuGFDz1qfrp2t_540.gif

srborlongan

Neo Member
Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 10
Haine is a criminal, but it's okay because he teaches orphans. Part of me wonders if he's one of the orphans and just adopted the real Haine's identity.

Roku de Nashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Episode 10
Glenn is a bastard but he's somehow likeable. I think that's the most frustrating part of this show, if I didn't like Glenn, it'd definitely be a 6 rather than a 7.

ID-0 Episode 9
I did not see Ido's true identity reveal coming haha.
Does that make the man in the mask a clone? Or a copy?
Also Rick got a death flag, although I hope that's just a red herring.

BORUTO Episode 10
Hinata was super cute this episode. She makes a good mom.

Steins;Gate Episode 15
So that's what that machine was. We got a lot of reveals in this episode, and now it feels we've got a concrete goal in mind.

Kubikiri Cycle Episode 6
I honestly have no idea who the killer is. Iria and her maids are psychopaths but they seem too obvious to be the killer. I'm half expecting it to be someone we haven't seen yet. Everyone keeps saying that the MC is scum, essentially, but have we really seen any evidence of that? I know it's from his perspective, but still.

That's really nice to hear. I'd heard people say the game wasn't as good as the anime, but I didn't know of any real specifics.

Is it weird that I've expected ID-0's identity revelation since episode 2? I thought it was rather cool, and yet, rather obvious, at the same time.

I blame Mega Man Legends 2, really.

Cornbread78

Armed Girls Mach ep.10
I greatly prefer the previous lighthearted and fun tone the show had previously with how stupid and endearing it was. This hardcore grimdark edgy $hit is annoying as hell and this new antagonist is your typical OP psycho chick. C'mon, try harder, ya stupid manga series....

Ascheroth

Armed Girls Mach ep.10

I greatly prefer the previous lighthearted and fun tone the show had previously with how stupid and endearing it was. This hardcore grimdark edgy $hit is annoying as hell and this new antagonist is your typical OP psycho chick. C'mon, try harder, ya stupid LN series....
It's based on a manga though.

Yeah, that trailer looks amazing. Gives me strong Spirited Away vibes. I hope that the movie ends up having a soul of its own and isn't just a pretty and well produced albeit hollow copy of the Ghibli catalogue.

Alucard

Banned
Watching Mushi-Shi. This show is my jam. Love that I don't have to remember the previous episode and can just take in the show in bite-sized bits.

Cornbread78

Sakurada Reset ep.10

Ahhh dammit. It all makes sense now' bravo for pulling it off. The conversations are often cryptic and deep, but then they give you the payoff and do it in great fashion with great visuals, great OST and good story. This show can be to smart for it's own good sometimes and this is proof of it....

Lumyst

First off, welcome abd come post more here!

Now, to the meat, Anohana is all about being true to yourself, letting go of the past, friendship and moving forward in life.

That's really all I can say without delving into spoiler territory. It's definitely worth a watch!.

Now on Lull, I'm going to agree unilaterally with everything you said. The only thing I wish they did better, was with the main ship and the final scene. I mean
why the hell are they sitting 5 feet apart on the bench? After everything that happened, that's how they get treated as a couple?

I'll give it a watch after finishing Shirobako. I sometimes see Anohana and NagiAsu mentioned together so I was just wondering if it's because they have similar tones, but the synopsis for Anohana sounds like it's got a challenging/depressing tone to it. Which is fine, just gotta be prepared! I had to put Your Lie in April on pause halfway through
since I accidentally spoiled the final outcome
but Anohana's synopsis says
the death already happened in the past so it's about the aftermath?
. All the KyoAni shows (Chuunibiyou, Euphonium, Kobayashi) and PA Works shows (Hanasaku Iroha, Glasslip, NagiAsu) I've seen so far have been high quality (though there's some plot weirdness in S2 of Chuni and Eupho as if they change what the show is about compared to their first seasons).

And the final scene in A Lull in the Sea
I know what you mean, Miuna's even done mouth to mouth on Hikari haha. I loved that Hikari was an unreliable narrator at the beginning, the whole show seemed to be about misunderstandings due to presumptions/witheld information and his final words address that.

Line_HTX

Watching Mushi-Shi. This show is my jam. Love that I don't have to remember the previous episode and can just take in the show in bite-sized bits.

Yep. That's the best thing about these journey type shows. What matters is in the moment and not the destination. There's always something cool and beautiful every episode.

Cornbread78

Saekano S2 ep,9
Umm, can I have my Saekano back now please? This is such a $hitty follow-up to last weeks episode. It would have been fine through half of it, but why did deeper into that part of things. Tone was all over the place and just felt like a crappy follow-up to the emotional roller-coaster which happened last week.

I'll give it a watch after finishing Shirobako. I sometimes see Anohana and NagiAsu mentioned together so I was just wondering if it's because they have similar tones, but the synopsis for Anohana sounds like it's got a challenging/depressing tone to it. Which is fine, just gotta be prepared!

They are both artistically beautiful shows with high production value. A Lull in the Sea excels for having a much more involved story and character development, plus it has amazing music and ambiance along with it.

Anohana is much more straight forward in it's message (don't let episode 1 fool you) and its execution doesn't hold back any punches in how it's pulled off. Both are brilliant in their own ways and can have strong emotional reactions on how things go.

Actually, one of the most powerful scenes in A Lull didn't not include the main pair at all. The below scene, was touching and emotional through the character development to that point and was simply beautiful.

lDTynfY.gif

Cornbread78

I was just wondering if it's because they have similar tones, but the synopsis for Anohana sounds like it's got a challenging/depressing tone to it. Which is fine, just gotta be prepared! I had to put Your Lie in April on pause halfway through

I forgot to ask, but I know you mentioned you watched some of Clannad, but did you ever watch Clannad After Story?

Kickz

Darker than Black ep.1-3

I was looking for something a little dark and edgy, so I gave this one a try.. I'm still not sure WTF is going on, but this dudes got a crew and he trues to help people with special powers, or is he trying to hurt them? I'm not sure what side of good or evil the dude falls under, lol.

Whatever you do, do not watch the sequel..

This show is sweet. There are some awkward pauses here and there in between dialogue but the main dynamic between Otani and Koizumi is so great you really don't care.

Classic RomCom, also openings and endings are so damn goooood

I have seen Arriety and liked it well enough, but the only outstanding part to me was the soundtrack.

You should watch When Marnie Was There.

All the director replacing drama around Magical Circle Guru Guru.

Just be good, please!

Hiroshi Ikehata is a pretty good director himself, so there's no reason to be concerned at this juncture.

So exactly, what % of the staff are ex-Ghibli?

80%? More?

I don't think we really know who is working on this film or who is employed at Studio Ponoc aside from Yonebayashi and Nishimura, but it's probably safe to assume most of them are people the two brought with them when they left Ghibli.

Lumyst

I forgot to ask, but I know you mentioned you watched some of Clannad, but did you ever watch Clannad After Story?

I haven't seen Clannad actually, I think you're remembering another poster. But I've seen it mentioned multiple times, and I'll be sure to get around to it next time I'm in the mood to buy some Blu-Rays. Agreed on that scene from NagiAsu too.
Kaname was portrayed initially like he was cool, nonchalant and composed and initially I thought he and Tsumugu were at the same level in some ways; but after the time skip it became clear how Kaname really was and it was painful to see how childlike he was when juxtaposed with the grown Tsumugu. The timeskip allowed the right people to be with the right people, haha

/XX/

If anyone knows of a better look than this one at promotional images/flyers for Mamoru Hosoda's MIRAI, from those that were distributed to potential licensee companies at Cannes 2017, please do tell!

So exactly, what % of the staff are ex-Ghibli?
Of the inner circle of veterans at Studio Ghibli that were in-house staff from the animation department, at least 8 joined at the time of this interview (plus any possible assistance from key people that already left or pals who were habitual freelancers).

Cornbread78

I haven't seen Clannad actually, I think you're remembering another poster. But I've seen it mentioned multiple times, and I'll be sure to get around to it next time I'm in the mood to buy some Blu-Rays. Agreed on that scene from NagiAsu too.
Kaname was portrayed initially like he was cool, nonchalant and composed and initially I thought he and Tsumugu were at the same level in some ways; but after the time skip it became clear how Kaname really was and it was painful to see how childlike he was when juxtaposed with the grown Tsumugu. The timeskip allowed the right people to be with the right people, haha

Good deal, definitely give Clannad a Watch and stick with it through After Story. It's an amazing experience through the end.

Stardust Crusaders 22

I like how unapologetically Araki retcons Abdul's death and uses it as an excuse to drag Polnareff through the mud for no good reason. What a joker.

JulianImp

That's why Takahashi-sensei is the best character of the year so far :p

tumblr_ondv9kYjdE1sh867ho1_500.gif

It's kind of funny how much shading there is to highlight his ripped muscles, but when it gets to his neck and face it's absolutely flat except for his chin.

As for Owararagi, I'll say that (spoilers, obviously)
he does get better, but is no longer a vampire AFAIK, so I guess that means no more godlike abs for his harem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom