• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
MaP5Cd0.gif

n7JUZnM.gif

e_i

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor 01

Well a great MIDRIFFS anime that MIDRIFFS that's MIDRIFFS has a good MIDRIFFS ah goddamnit MIDRIFFS SHORT SKIRTS KNEESOCKS

Good god, those uniforms are distracting. I'm surprised none of the girls have problems with those uniforms. Did the designer see Shimakaze's outfit and think, "Good idea!"?

BluWacky

Has this been the only anime you've watched this year?

No! I am trying to get some watched over the rest of the Easter school holidays amongst everything else I have backlogged to do, but other things keep getting in the way - and if it's feeling like a chore I have to do rather than a pleasure then it's never going to happen. That's partly why I haven't gotten around to something excellent like Rakugo properly - not only does it require concentration, but I've now built it up in my head that I am required to watch it, rather than actually wanting to do so.

I have watched:

- episodes 10-13 of Cowboy Bebop. Yes, I know, I still haven't watched Cowboy Bebop. They were excellent (particularly the Jupiter Jazz two parter), but then everyone already knows that so I didn't see the point in writing anything about them.

- episode 1 of Granblue Fantasy - which is entirely generic anime fantasy but relatively pleasant with it, and at least looked pretty good.

- episode 2 and 3 of Rage of Bahamut. I liked episode 2; episode 3 was relatively boring, however.

- about 10 hours of Persona 5, which basically counts. While it's good fun, good lord it is languidly paced...

EDIT - I also watched Rokudenashi while making dinner; I don't tend to watch things I think will require much attention when I'm cooking, but I do usually hope for something more along the Granblue lines than this...

No! I am trying to get some watched over the rest of the Easter school holidays amongst everything else I have backlogged to do, but other things keep getting in the way - and if it's feeling like a chore I have to do rather than a pleasure then it's never going to happen. That's partly why I haven't gotten around to something excellent like Rakugo properly - not only does it require concentration, but I've now built it up in my head that I am required to watch it, rather than actually wanting to do so.

That's a shame. I'm glad you were able to watch a bit of Cowboy Bebop though.

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor 01

Well a great MIDRIFFS anime that MIDRIFFS that's MIDRIFFS has a good MIDRIFFS ah goddamnit MIDRIFFS SHORT SKIRTS KNEESOCKS

Good god, those uniforms are distracting. I'm surprised none of the girls have problems with those uniforms. Did the designer see Shimakaze's outfit and think, "Good idea!"?

It's distracting as fuck in the manga too. I'm not normally bothered by outfits or school clothes being really stupidly fan-servicey but the outfits just look so fucking weird and bad it just takes you out of it every time.

Even the moblins of the internet who fill comment sections of chapters with text about tits typed by their tongues comment on this manga like "What the fuck are they wearing?"

Cornbread78

Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni ep.1
Oh my, this is NOT "romance" lol. Well, maybe to some it could be,..

3 min short, which is a complete set-up....

I really wonder how well these shows on Amazon will do. Being behind 2 paywalls and all.

I guess it really depends upon the crossover between Amazon Prime Subscribers/Family members there of and Anime fans. I wouldn't think there was that much crossover, but who knows?

I mean, I can't help but think Amazon's initial foray into streaming must've met some kind of expectations seeing as they jumped to this Anime Strike model in just a couple seasons.

I guess it really depends upon the crossover between Amazon Prime Subscribers/Family members there of and Anime fans. I wouldn't think there was that much crossover, but who knows?

I mean, I can't help but think Amazon's initial foray into streaming must've met some kind of expectations seeing as they jumped to this Anime Strike model in just a couple seasons.

Based on review numbers, they probably got into more anime because Kabaneri did so well.

I think AMZNs anime could do really well if they really advertised and got word out. I dont think many people know about their efforts in anime.

Ascheroth

Did Amazon announce their schedule already?

I was looking forward to see how Armed Girls Machiavellism, the "My school-action-harem-trash manga can't have such detailed martial arts explanations" adaption, turned out today. Alas.

Even if they were to overlap, having to pay a service on a service must not help grow an audience. And I don't see any big advertising from them even their own site.

Kabaneri was on the basic service when it boomed.

Ascheroth

Based on review numbers, they probably got into more anime because Kabaneri did so well.

I think AMZNs anime could do really well if they really advertised and got word out. I dont think many people know about their efforts in anime.
Does Amazon even have a simple way to just fucking list all the anime they have?
Because I don't think searching for 'anime' and hoping it finds everything relevant is a particularly great user experience.

Qurupeke

I thought Funimation got Sakura Quest and it would air with subs on Crunchyroll, but it's nowhere to be seen. What the hell.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Frame Arms Girl Episode 1:

I have the sudden urge to play Chibi-Robo for the Gamecube now for some reason. At any rate, I already like it more then Gundam Build FIghters Try, but that isn't a high bar to leap.

phaze

Shingeki no Bahamut Short Story 1&2

No breaks on Jeanne suffering train.

Neat little thing overall. Hardly substantial but it's nice to brush up on where things ended and what characters were up to. Better action animation than in your favourte anime too.

TheChaos0

Why is Hero no Boku season 2 only in English on Funimation? Weird. (At least on the UK one) Are they seriously just doing dub only? In that i would have expected CR to have subs ...But no?

Edit: I'm stupid it is on CR!

Hellraider

Granblue Fantasy 01

That was... awful. If having this (unless I'm extremely mistaken which I doubt) generic genericness being adapted wasn't bad enough, you also get probably one of the most boring studios and direction served with it.

I just wanted to get to know the characters and the universe as foreplay for the Platinum game, but this is probably gonna get painful.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
See, it's better than Wuxia puppets.

Granblue Fantasy 01

That was... awful. If having this (unless I'm extremely mistaken which I doubt) generic genericness being adapted wasn't bad enough, you also get probably one of the most boring studios and direction served with it.

I just wanted to get to know the characters and the universe as foreplay for the Platinum game, but this is probably gonna get painful.
I mean, the game has gone insane this last month because of April Fools or whatever, but the actual story is generic Japanese phantasy. The fact that they chose the boring guy as the main character hurts (just like Persona 5 :p).

Sterok

Frame Arms Girls 1

Ao is living the good life. Free cute robot girls, spectacle robot fights, and she gets paid for housing these tiny toys. She's got it made.

NeonZ

I mean, the game has gone insane this last month because of April Fools or whatever, but the actual story is generic Japanese phantasy. The fact that they chose the boring guy as the main character hurts (just like Persona 5 :p).

The game breaks up the pacing due to the Event stories and character events for the characters gotten from Gacha. They've just ran two events that were basically just characters talking in a bar. And even when they're cliche'd fantasy stuff they're much faster paced than the main story.

The anime though will only focus in the generic main plot and main party. So, I can't see anything good coming from it. They don't even seem to be including Walder in the main cast even though he's technically an obligatory party member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom