• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nichijou Episodes 4-10 - Further into the show now and I think my earlier sentient of finding it more amusing than laugh out loud funny still holds up. There's been a few standout segments, like the principal wrestling a deer and Yuuko having that emotional breakdown in the restaurant because they're taking too long to serve her food. But for the most part, I tend to find the segments more cute than hilarious.

Syrinx

*Persona 5 spoilers*

Persona 5 is now in elite company with Yami as works that recognize the vast, incomprehensible power of pancakes.

I'll wait for Kado reactions tomorrow. But I guess many will enjoy it in a
toned down slam fam
type of way as the show wasn't doing a particular good job as a low key sci fi I guess.

Thoraxes

I don't know guys.

giphy.gif

She doesn't strike me as the type of girl I could play Mario Party with...

dickroach

Kado 09
hm.
I liked what this show started as, like a lot more than what it's turning out to be, but I'm fine with it going full energy swords
at the end of the day it's still about why did this alien come to earth, and what's going to be humanity's fate now that he did? like it has been since the beginning.

I don't know how the japanese shin chan compares to the dub, but I laugh like a maniac at the dumbest things in this show everytime I watch it.

Like when the rich girl who has a crush on Shin invites him to her recital, and as she walks onto the stage there is a big sign that says "Clap, or we will find you". I don't know just how much the writing is a direct translation. Obvious topical political humor aside of course, which is clearly american.

blurr

I'm pretty intrigued by this week's Kado. I did brush off the reactions given how I've been reading the same about the last week's episode which actually turned out fine. This seems to be the real deal reading the same from folk who liked it haha.

Not after that twist. I can't even look at Kiku anymore.

I can understand it being a poor after taste for an "ending" but it hasn't nearly ruined the entire show for me. I can't bring myself to overlook 11 episodes over that scene.

I suppose part of me refuses to believe that and I think that's fine.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Grimoire of Zero would be good if it weren't so bad.

I can't tell if this is the production's fault or the source's fault. But the production is bad, the world is bland, the dialogue is anachronistic, the motivations are cliched, and the exposition hamfisted.

But like, there's a good story in there somewhere about terrorism, about the spread of technology, about moderate vs radical ideologies, and about surrogate fatherhood/daughterhood. Also it has mofu mofu.

It's just so blech as a package.

Cornbread78

i also made this gif, which is very important
giphy.gif

Best girl taking the lead.

Grimoire of Zero would be good if it weren't so bad.
I can't tell if this is the production's fault or the source's fault. But the production is bad, the world is bland, the dialogue is anachronistic, the motivations are cliched, and the exposition hamfisted.
But like, there's a good story in there somewhere about terrorism, about the spread of technology, about moderate vs radical ideologies, and about surrogate fatherhood/daughterhood. Also it has mofu mofu.
It's just so blech as a package.

To me, it's just a "junk food" anime that is fun to watch with good characters interactions and an interesting story/adventure embedded in it.

Szadek

i watched an unholy amount of monogatari these past 4 months and it was pretty good, the only ones left to watch is koyomonogatari and the movies. I didn't watch koyomimonogatari because it sounded like a lot of unrelated non important stories so i went straight into owarimonogatari, i'll be watching it today i think

i also made this gif, which is very important
The last 2 episodes or so of koyomonogatari are very important, so you should definitely watch them before Owari 2.

koe no katachi

This was a good movie. I read the first part of the manga when everyone was kids and dropped it after time skip. So a lot of this movie was new to me and I gotta say I enjoyed the vast majority of the movie itself.

That said every character besides Shouko's family and uhhh...Broccoli haircut dude can go get fucked.
I don't like that this was a bully redemption story and all the bullies get their redemption. Fuck that noise. I realize that is a super basic as fuck review of the movie but I don't care. I wish the movie had ended at the bridge scene after Ishida tells everyone off and was at a super low point. Shouko should have told them all to piss off.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My Hero Academia Season 2, Episode 11:

With the emotional climax delivered in this story while happening in the second round of a tournament it is time to fat forward all of the other matches in order to end up with the logical main event level final match. Also we get introduced to The Punisher of this universe.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G NEXT - Diffrider Episode 29 (Engdub)

Wow different dimension rider = diffrider, it makes so much sense now.

Takuto being brought up and connecting this arc to Asia Circuit was pretty awesome

DNAbro

My Hero Academia S2 Episode 11

Loved Todoroki's response to his dad. So perfect.

Also not sure if I'm feeling Stain's voice so far. I think it may have been the first time I've had this problem throughout the whole show.

Heysoos

Sword Oratoria 9

This is by far my biggest disappointment in a while. I was looking forward to Ais adventures, instead some annoying as hell Lefiya keeps getting shoved into the forefront. Is the LN/manga this bad? Makes me want to drop it completely. Just bring back Bell and Hestia.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Attack on Titan Season 2, Episode 11:

Well then, there is clearly a lot going on here in terms of emotions as we head to the conclusion of the arc and the season.

Re:Creators 10

This episode should've happened way sooner.

That said, most of the character writing is still really dumb. Alice, for no reason, continues to trust someone who admits to being a chronic liar. Yuya engages in dialogue with a character whose power he knows relies on talking. Rui finally gets to fight, but instead of any kind of interesting "knight vs giant fucking mecha", they just clone the mech and have him fight himself.

At least the Twitter thing was fun.

Attack on Titan - 36

Both 'budget' and direction were rather lacking. Hell, even the sound direction, which is usually exceptionally strong, was iffy, especially early on.

Sometimes the show really takes advantage of the scale the titans offer and there could've been some sublime shots of the scouts charging after Reiner's titan. However, there were few and the long-distance shots were often plagued by the crappy CGI horses. There also just wasn't much dynamic camera movement I would've enjoyed. While I'm asking for a lot from a TV episode one has to consider that the last 3 episodes were sort of building up to this and not exactly lavishly animated.

A sense of space was also not properly communicated and I've got no damn idea how the hell Erwin's group managed to get so far ahead of Reiner, especially when those guys were initially lacking behind Mikasa, Hannes and co.

I did thoroughly enjoy the dialogue, between all these soldiers and (former) friends. Mikasa and Berthold in particular delivered.

So yeh, can't help but feel rather let down. Since episode 31 (or 06 in S2) delivered so damn nicely I was hopeful we'd get their a-game for this final climax :/

koe no katachi

This was a good movie. I read the first part of the manga when everyone was kids and dropped it after time skip. So a lot of this movie was new to me and I gotta say I enjoyed the vast majority of the movie itself.

That said every character besides Shouko's family and uhhh...Broccoli haircut dude can go get fucked.
I don't like that this was a bully redemption story and all the bullies get their redemption. Fuck that noise. I realize that is a super basic as fuck review of the movie but I don't care. I wish the movie had ended at the bridge scene after Ishida tells everyone off and was at a super low point. Shouko should have told them all to piss off.

Can't say I agree, but to each his own.

imho Shouya deserves his redemption. He got punished for 5 years, feels intense regret over his actions and then proceeds to make things right by helping Shouko reconnect with the world. He's even willing to make the ultimate sacrifice by giving his own life to save Shouko (in the manga, on the balcony he says something along the lines of "if you must take someone, take me instead of her" and then falls).
I don't think the other bullies are redeemed. Especially Uneo who loses the guy she loves to Shouko.

Anyways, I started Sound! Euphonium and it's great so far.

blurr

My Hero Academia 24

The post-Todoroki vs Midoriya related events took an interesting turn with the Nurse chastising Deku and All Might for being reckless. For the first time and to my surprise, Deku questions All Might if he is even fit for it, I won't deny this thought passed me hearing what the Nurse had to say and I didn't expect Deku to ask it as well. That was cool.

I was a bit taken aback with the way they brushed through the remaining battles. In a sense it is better than to inflate it with meaningless drama not unusual in shonen action shows but damn 5 battles in an episode....

There's also a new development for the next arc I presume, I'm not sure what to expect out of it considering it doesn't have anything to do with the Academia itself.

Re:Creators 10

These few episode are episodes this show needed to have a whole lot sooner than it did. Otherwise my biggest complaint is Knight is a giant walking dumbass and I hope Sword Princess cuts her end off by the head of this.

Hinako Note 10

This show's end cards are something else I swear.

blurr

Planetes 25

<_<

>_>

OK then.

What happened?

koe no katachi

You seem to be quite agitated over the way it ended but I just want you to think about it in another perspective.

I get what you're saying about bullying but in the film, it's not just abuse towards others but also themselves which can be just as bad consequently.
If you don't agree with the idea that Nishimiya's classmates deserve any redemption, it can be said about Nishimiya as well
. The act of redemption here is
coming to an understanding of themselves and choosing to improve, it's not whether or not they wrote their past off but everyone at some level always wanted to get better but they weren't sure if they deserve it or if it's too late so they perpetuated in whatever state they were in. The film touches on that aspect of the characters: why they remain the way they are and eventually showing that they still have hope to get better, effectively, they were saved from being what they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom