• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ancient Magus' Bride: Those Awaiting a Star 2

I didn't understand the story in this episode much at all - what's going on with the librarian is very obtuse at the moment - but the third episode looks like it might clarify that. At any rate, the music was the best part and perhaps what I'm looking forward to most in the upcoming TV anime.

zulux21

Sentai having another sale on their website. Doesn't look like some of the regular edition blus are priced all that great but the prices on the CE's are good with some of the more recent releases on sale.

Amagi Brilliant Park $57.99
Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon $52.99
No Game No Life $51.99
My Love Story $63.99
Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun $41.99

Shipping is free over $50 and they use rightstuf as their distributor.

those prices are tempting enough that I will run them past my wife (though I got no game no life for $53 back in sept 2015)
and I already own nozaki.

My love story is going to be the easiest one to pass on as while I would love that collectors I already bought the regular set.

I am likely going to hold off and see where the prices go though since sentai has been running a lot of sales recently.

Gundam IBO - S2 Ep.15
Fuck Iok, seriously.What a piece of shit.
Rip Amida and Naze.

tumblr_ok749jqUvf1r1uq0jo1_540.png

petran79

Banned
Just finish watching Gunbuster and I can see why this OVA is a classic. Will post an impression of this show later this week as I am going to watch the sequel soon. Will say the last episode of this OVA (watching as an OVA not movie version), the entire black and white animation, is that on purpose from the creator or lack of budget? It feel odd of the sudden from seeing color up to 5 episodes and then black and white. Either way, it didn't hinder the story and I am was okay for it. Also, a very great soundtrack. So many good music to discuss but I think the best one is the music play for the big battle at episode 4 climax. Might be the one I will remember the most from this show (Toki no Kawa wo Koete) . Either way, love the OVA and now understand why people love Noriko as one of the best female anime characters.

It was an artistic decision.B/W images were references to the news bulletin boards in Japanese cinemas. It was still expensive to produce B/W images that way.

Gainax did b/w animation due to budget constraints only in Kare Kano and Evangelion

Sequel does not reach the epicness if the original, but still it is a good series, probably the last classic Gainax production.
Director of sequel and Anno's protege did not take part in Gurren Laggan.

Even though we don't really talk about it as much anymore, Attack on Titan has been fantastic this season and I hope a season 3 is around the corner. Don't Spice and Wolf me!!!

John Blade

It was an artistic decision.B/W images were references to the news bulletin boards in Japanese cinemas. It was still expensive to produce B/W images that way.

Gainax did b/w animation due to budget constraints only in Kare Kano and Evangelion

Sequel does not reach the epicness if the original, but still it is a good series, probably the last classic Gainax production.
Director of sequel and Anno's protege did not take part in Gurren Laggan.

Very interesting. I wonder why B/W cost more than color animation at that time. Unfortunately, the copy of Gunbuster DVD I own (Honneamise DVD copy), the B/W image dont look as sharp as the color image from the other episode. I wonder if this is fix on the Blu-Ray version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEv1o6lJq6Q
off screen footage of the Mazinger Z trailer

Actually I think it looks amazing. Great CGI for Mazinger. God I'd kill to see Getter Robo get the same quality look.

http://adala-news.fr/2017/06/lexcellent-manga-pluto-adapte-en-anime/

So according to Crunchyroll's French rep, Pluto is from MAPPA and will be 8 long (OVA?) episodes mirroring the manga volume format. It will be out by 2020 (lmao) and they want to have a teaser by Aug or Sept this year.

As in, it'll be completed and all 8 episodes out by 2020 or the 1st episode? God that's kinda a long wait for the latter.

That Mazinger Z trailer looks good.

What's Mazinger Z?

It's one of the first Super Robot manga/anime generally credited with causing the Super Robot genre to catch on and explode with popularity. Mazinger Z was created by Go Nagai, who went on to create a number of other Super Robot manga, like Getter Robo, and is kinda seen as the father of the genre.

Cornbread78

Bastard Sensei ep.11
I don't think I've ever rolled my eyes more at an anime than I did this episode. WTF is this shit? Who writes this trash? This was aweful, terrible and just pure shit.

tenor.gif

Cornbread78

That great this week huh?

They keep doing these stupid tone changes and the plot lines are just dumb. Oh, this new dude is the greatest know it all badass ever and... ugghh. If the show could keep any level of consistency and just stayed stupid fun that would be one thing, but nope, bring on the cheese and stupid plot..

On the bright side, at least it wasn't a kidnapping for the 5th time...

Oh, hey, you changed your avatar. Nice! I like the new one. :)

Lol, I gotta switch it up once in awhile..

Aki-at

Sakura Quest - 10

I've been enjoying the series but this was way more boring than I was expecting, I guess it didn't help it focused on Riri a bit who is pretty subdue as a character.

duckroll

2D will forever be superior but if Go Nagai is okay with a 3D Mazinger Z then so am I.

Lmao, how big of a tool can you get? I mean every time you post about this shit, it's always "HURR HAS XXXXXXXX GIVEN THIS A SEAL OF APPROVAL YET?" or "I HEARD XXXXXXXXXXXX SAID THIS SUCKED" or whatever. Don't you have any original thoughts of your own? Are you unable to form a personal opinion from watching something yourself without leaning on validation from people whose opinions you think have more value than yours? It's fucking frustrating reading your posts sometimes. :(

They keep doing these stupid tone changes and the plot lines are just dumb. Oh, this new dude is the greatest know it all badass ever and... ugghh. If the show could keep any level of consistency and just stayed stupid fun that would be one thing, but nope, bring on the cheese and stupid plot..

On the bright side, at least it wasn't a kidnapping for the 5th time...

You never know, there's still one more episode left.

Lmao, how big of a tool can you get? I mean every time you post about this shit, it's always "HURR HAS XXXXXXXX GIVEN THIS A SEAL OF APPROVAL YET?" or "I HEARD XXXXXXXXXXXX SAID THIS SUCKED" or whatever. Don't you have any original thoughts of your own? Are you unable to form a personal opinion from watching something yourself without leaning on validation from people whose opinions you think have more value than yours? It's fucking frustrating reading your posts sometimes. :(

Oh I assure you I'm not.

I'm just terribly irresponsible with it.

Shokugeki no Soma Episode 4: Soma moves into the polar star dorm. Funny how so much time was spent on introducing these characters even though in the grand scheme of things, outside of Megumi and Isshiki, they never really get to do shit.

Clov

Watching Laughing Salesman, there's one thing I've been curious about... The bar the salesman keeps taking his victims to is called "Ma no Su". What does this mean? Looking it up on Google, all I can find is that "Ma" within art can refer to negative space. Does anyone have any idea what the name means?

duckroll

Speaking of opinions duckie are you watching voltron season 3? I recall you being positive enough of season 2.

I'll watch it eventually. Remember that it isn't available on my local Netflix because of Dreamworks licensing shinanigens as they have their own cable channel here. Takes more effort to watch it. :(

If only Go Nagai would approve Fafner.

With those mecha designs? I seriously doubt that.

I mean, you know how annoying it is right? I want the real nintendoman58 opinions, not cheap nintendoman58 retweets of what other people say repackaged as opinions!

It's probably nowhere near as annoying as listening to nintendoman58 hype up two random new mecha shows over the past two years because one had a guy who worked on E7 on the project and the other had 2D Super Robots (with lolis on the cover that he chose to ignore).

He didn't listen to anybody who said they were gonna be crap but he still got hyped regardless! And wouldn't you know it, they were crap and he pretty much made a fool of himself even entertaining the possibility that they might have been good.

Do you really want that nintendoman58 back?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This character feels like she belongs in a better show.
These kind of characters just read as super contrived. I don't think she's completely bad for the show because the cast is really boring otherwise, but the "hard edge" feels really put on and the events she sets in motion just feel needlessly convoluted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom