• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Armed Girls Machiavellism 11

Meh, that was a disappointing follow-up to the insanity that was last week.
Lots of flash-backing, self-doubting, pep-talking, "talking is a free action" moments, yada yada.
The actual fighting was pretty cool, but it was what? 2 or 3 minutes if you disregard all the talking?

Props to Amous VA though, that angry scream at the beginning was... angry.

Anyway, next week seems to be the real fight.

Shokugeki no Soma Episode 5: DTL Intensifies :p

Nice info drop on how the Elite 10 functions in this Universe. It wouldn't be anime without a ridiculously overpowered Student Council.Though I'm confused now how Erina immediately became a member of the Elite 10 before even officially enrolling at the school? Especially since you have to be a student to be able to duel for a position.

Shokugeki no Soma Episode 5: DTL Intensifies :p

Nice info drop on how the Elite 10 functions in this Universe. It wouldn't be anime without a ridiculously overpowered Student Council.Though I'm confused now how Erina immediately became a member of the Elite 10 before even officially enrolling at the school? Especially since you have to be a student to be able to duel for a position.
There was a middle school division. And you can also get positions when an older member leaves, which seems to be the most common way people get the position

Loona

Nah I like it too overall.
But Meteora talking episodes were absolutely a low point.

I will say though that the worst ep is 4 with 7 coming close. One of those terribly produced episode 4's all around.

Meteora spending too long speculating about the clashing worlds was a bit of a problem, but episode 4's scene of her talking about her game and treating it and its guidebook with the care and reverence they have to her as artifacts that embody the world as she knew it, that was a high point of the show for me.

Cornbread78

Clockwork Planet ep.11
PLTCnjD.png
"Everything is nothing and nothing is everything" or something like that.

I have no idea what any of that dribble was, but fuck it, it was interesting and fun; bring on the finale!

Eccentric Family S2 10

I liked how Yasaburo kept flinching whenever someone entered his hideout, for fear it might be Benten. It's the little things.

The guy who was sleeping when Yajiro visited the Kincho chan is totally the real Kureichiro Ebisugawa. Which raises the question: who in the world is the imposter currently living in Kyoto?

So does the staff for Pluto look decent enough where I could watch the anime vs reading the manga beforehand? I mean Monster wasn't a visual treat from what I recall (save for maybe backgrounds) but i heard it was fairly 1:1 with the manga where I never read it.

Love Tyrant ep.11

Oh Seiji-kun, you completely forgot ypur duty and now look at what just happened... dumbass..

I dunno man, Seiji was right in the fact that she's a pain in the ass. The fact that she goes all Nice Guy™ and turns into a demon because she got friend-zoned doesn't really endear her to me lol

So does the staff for Pluto look decent enough where I could watch the anime vs reading the manga beforehand? I mean Monster wasn't a visual treat from what I recall (save for maybe backgrounds) but i heard it was fairly 1:1 with the manga where I never read it.

We don't know the staff yet. It'll probably be a straightforward adaptation though.

Cornbread78

Sakarada Reset ep.11
This show still manages to be boring as hell half the time, but at tge same time be engaging, interesting and in this case, cute as hell. It sucks that Haruki doesn't have the ability to have or show her personality, emotions and feelings. It's obvious that she is slowely developing them despite her "pebble" status as the witch called it.

I dunno man, Seiji was right in the fact that she's a pain in the ass. The fact that she goes all Nice Guy™ and turns into a demon because she got friend-zoned doesn't really endear her to me lol

I think the broader point is what Guri's
dad asked Seiji
to do, which was help Guri learn about love and how to feel it. Seiji really let her down there by only paying attention to Akane.

Andrew J.

Sakura Quest 10-11

Autistic representation is so rare in any medium, let alone anime...these episodes made me tear up a little bit. ;_;

duckroll

Pluto will likely be a 1:1 adaptation as well. But the real question is, if you're interested in Pluto why would you wait years to watch it when you can read it right now?

Tonton

Crunchyroll put Season 1 of the Eccentric Family back on the service
Oh cool I think I'll finally check i- "Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region."
:|

Come on, season 2 is there I hate this stuff :/

I'll continue watching YuruYuri​ instead

Fafner Exodus 13

I like that Exodus has blown the door off what's going on outside the island. The first series had a bit of that, but as imperfectly executed as everything in that show was. Here we're really getting a sense of the various factions and conflicting goals within the UN as well as how people in general have dealt with large changes to human society the Festum invasion has caused.

The battle was really exciting. Thrillingly directed, keeping me on the edge of my seat. Lots of dynamic camerawork, thanks to the strengths of Xebec's composite team and Orange's CG team. I'm rather worried for Sakura and Canon though. Their new powers are incredibly psychologically taxing, perhaps on an even more fundamental level than the powers of the younger pilots.

PaulBizkit

Well, I just saw Koe No Katachi (A Silent Voice in the argentinian version) in the cinema. It was good and very entertaining, but it needs an finale. Urgently

Oh the Devil May Cry anime is up on Crunchyroll.

For those who haven't seen it, I would describe that show as slightly more enjoyable than Devil May Cry 2.

The highest of praise.

Narag

I was talking to someone on twitter about that bit and how easily it could have unintentionally ended up comical but yeah, I think they nailed it.

Narag

Tiger Mask W 22

One of the nice surprises about this show has been Fukuwara Mask. He's a great character with a design so awful you'd think you could instantly write him off yet the value he's brought to the show in lending it a degree of "authenticity" can't be overstated. By that, I mean he makes it so much easier to embrace the goofy world of Tiger Mask W.

blurr

Ymir's attempt to justify
Titan cannibalism and murder: "everyone has one or two faults"
- I was dumbfounded at that response...

I forgot about it afterwards because I brushed it off as a frantic attempt
to get Christa to her side.

Narag

Tiger Mask W 23

The phone call between Tiger and Fukuwara Mask while both were unmasked was a nice character moment but speaking of character moments, The Third finally getting his hand's dirty was crazy. All the intimidation of Red Death Mask but with appreciable arrogance that makes it hard not to be a little in awe of how audacious he is.

Gulz1992

Oh the Devil May Cry anime is up on Crunchyroll.

For those who haven't seen it, I would describe that show as slightly more enjoyable than Devil May Cry 2.

The highest of praise.

Warning to anyone who wants to watch it: it is directed by the same person who directed the 2016 and 2017 Berserk anime. Just so you know what to expect.

Narag

Tiger Mask W 24

fuuuuuck this ep was some max tournament shounenshit and so very awesome for it. last few episodes had reminded me heavily of Rocky III with Naoto enjoying his newfound fame while Takuma had to go through hell to rise to this challenge and the result of their encounter only reinforced that notion. Hoping Tiger gets his shit together instead of just worrying about if he can date a rich girl or not.

Closing scene of each ep since the ep where Odin finally returned home have been so on point too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom