• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

petran79

Banned
Watched episodes 10-13 of LWA and I noticed an improvement in pace when compared to previous episodes. First OVA and movie vibes appeared. I'll watch the whole second cours in a few months. But it misses the element that would make me want to watch a whole series straight in one sitting. This is why I'll wait for it to finish and see if watching all remaining episodes at once will make a difference. 1 episode a week is something I hate really.

But no matter how things improve, it doesnt reach the quality of Tweeny Witches or even Magic Users Club OVA.

Cornbread78

Nana ep.22
The new OP is pretty damn badass!

However,
Takumi
is a certified jerk as we knew was going to be the case. Hachi is in for a world of hurt, but we knew that was going to be the case (she shoukd know as well)

Thud

Well, if you guys like that so much, I'll post some more.

Gb7ar0z.gif

ijLt1og.gif

This looks better than Attack on Titan, what is it?

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records 01

Horse ear bows are cute, sensei losing was funny. Will continue to watch.

THE iDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS Theater 01

This is why Anzu is one of the best idols.

Frame Arm Girls 01

Now my CG tolerance levels are high I admit, but I didn't think this was half bad. MC got the good life, can just order her cute robots to fought and she gets paid.

John Blade

Still watching Madlax but now on Ep 14. Lot's of interesting thing happen and got to know more of most of the main and supporting characters and the connection between them. Start to like the show now after the damn slow pace at the beginning. Do hope it get more crazy as I continue watching.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Still watching Madlax but now on Ep 14. Lot's of interesting thing happen and got to know more of most of the main and supporting characters and the connection between them. Start to like the show now after the damn slow pace at the beginning. Do hope it get more crazy as I continue watching.

I remember Madlax getting really crazy and dumb, really dumb.

John Blade

I remember Madlax getting really crazy and dumb, really dumb.

Well do see some crazy stuff but mostly what you expect from Anime. I wonder how much crazy it can go from where I am but guess I will continue to watch how crazy it can go in the rabbit hole.

Quasar

Tsugumu 1 - Yeah. Thats pretty much how I remember the manga.

Souryo to Majiwaru Shikiyoku no Yoru ni 1 - interesting subject matter for a short. Think I'd prefer this longer form.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 098

Never have I had as much catharsis in seeing the death of a fictional character then here. Fuck you
Trunicht.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G NEXT Episode 17 - Signpost of Light EngDub
C8m_MjwXgAEsaxN.jpg:small
C8nBWF4XsAAgePh.jpg:small

Taiyou getting the good cardfights again, all his Gurgits are great especially, Holy Sword of Heavenly Law Gurgit. He also has some really good looking cards.

Best cards were easily, Favorite Champ, Victor from Kamui, and also Gurgits from Taiyou
C8m-RW0XkAEM3cX.jpg:small
C8m-tSnWAAULEI9.jpg:small

Quasar

Amazon keeps adding shows.

http://www.fandompost.com/2017/04/0...rights-with-anime-strike-exclusive-streaming/

The anime adaptation of Kabukibu! from Yuuri Eda has found a simulcast home with Sentai Filmworks picking it up for eventual home video rights while Anime Strike will be streaming it. The series will soon be available to stream exclusively in the U.S. on Anime Strike, the curated on-demand anime subscription from Amazon Channels beginning on April 7th, 2017.

http://www.fandompost.com/2017/04/0...rights-with-anime-strike-exclusive-streaming/

With the anime adaptation of the light novel series Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho, aka Grimoire of Zero, coming up on April 10th, 2017, we’ve now learned that Sentai Filmworks has picked up the home video rights for it. Additionally, the series will air exclusively in the U.S. on Anime Strike, the curated on-demand anime subscription from Amazon Channels, for the Spring 2017 anime simulcast season. The show is being directed by Tetsuo Hirakawa with character designs by Ryosuke Kimiya and Daisuke Mataga. White Fox is handling the animation.

Dio

Banned
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records Ep: 1.

Girls literally get more mana if the skin over belly is exposed because uterus draws mana like crazy.

Unlike males, females are recommended to wear less clothing during their academic period in order to increase their affinity to the magic power in their surroundings called ‘mana’.

Grexeno

Girls literally get more mana if the skin over belly is exposed because uterus draws mana like crazy.

Unlike males, females are recommended to wear less clothing during their academic period in order to increase their affinity to the magic power in their surroundings called ‘mana’.
IT'S ANIME AS FUCK YO

Quasar

This is definitely an era where dub houses are tied to specific streaming services.

Though not completely. Its not like all Sentai shows are amazon exclusives now. Just most it seems.

Dunno if that's due to pre-existing arrangements prior to a supposed Amazon/Sentai deal or whether some committees refused to allow an exclusive like that.

JulianImp

Oh nice, it's the Quiet-tier justification for fanservice and sexist clothes all over again.

...Seriously, just make the justification "the principal's a pervert" rather than that kind of bullshit. Raw magical energy having a preference for almost-naked girls but not giving a damn about what male magicians wear is... ugh...

Cornbread78

Ben-to ep.10-END
Well, the last few episodes had a complete different tone than the rest of the show, which is unfortunate because the show was just fun before and the dramatic tone wasn't needed. Overall, the show was pretty fun to watch with sone unique characters, but we never did get a ship and nobody beat the shit out of one of the worst characters in anine. Literally, no point to her at all....

Though not completely. Its not like all Sentai shows are amazon exclusives now. Just most it seems.

Dunno if that's due to pre-existing arrangements prior to a supposed Amazon/Sentai deal or whether some committees refused to allow an exclusive like that.

It seems clear that Sentai now views Crunchyroll as a threat after their Funimation partnership. Thus whereas Sentai was happy to partner with Crunchyroll when CR was strictly its own streaming service they now wish to partner with Amazon (who aren't currently a threat when it comes to physical releases) to build a credible competitor to CR.

Ben-to ep.10-END

Well, the last few episodes had a complete different tone than the rest of the show, which is unfortunate because the show was just fun before and the dramatic tone wasn't needed. Overall, the show was pretty fun to watch with sone unique characters, but we never did get a ship and nobody beat the shit out of one of the worst characters in anine. Literally, no point to her at all....

There is a reason why we all said it sorta went to shit after the halfway point.

duckroll

It seems clear that Sentai now views Crunchyroll as a threat after their Funimation partnership. Thus whereas Sentai was happy to partner with Crunchyroll when CR was strictly its own streaming service they now wish to partner with Amazon (who aren't currently a threat when it comes to physical releases) to build a credible competitor to CR.

This is one possibility. Another possibility is that Amazon and Netflix making more aggressive moves behind the scenes is what prompted Funi and CR to team up in the first place. Remember, what we see as end users is the final result after negotiations in the background.

Is that actually in the episode? My wife and I don't recall any mention of why the girls are dressed the way they are. I don't doubt that being the reasoning, but I don't remember them addressing it.

This is one possibility. Another possibility is that Amazon and Netflix making more aggressive moves behind the scenes is what prompted Funi and CR to team up in the first place. Remember, what we see as end users is the final result after negotiations in the background.

I agree with you there. I think Amazon started to make aggressive moves first, and now Sentai has decided to jump on Amazon's bandwagon because they see Amazon as a good partner. Of course, as you say, we don't know all that happened behind the scenes.

Dio

Banned
Is that actually in the episode? My wife and I don't recall any mention of why the girls are dressed the way they are. I don't doubt that being the reasoning, but I don't remember them addressing it.

The light novel readers told me this was the case. It hasn't been addressed in the anime yet.

KraytarJ

Akashic 1
DEM OUTFITS. NOT JARRING AT ALL.

Sensei is basically a side character from a somewhat competently written comedy being forced to carry some generic magic high school thing on his own. I can't see this going well.

Sentai better start dubbing more then a third of the show they pick-up with that Amazon money. Make that damn partnership at least a little bit worthwhile.

Clov

I agree with you there. I think Amazon started to make aggressive moves first, and now Sentai has decided to jump on Amazon's bandwagon because they see Amazon as a good partner. Of course, as you say, we don't know all that happened behind the scenes.

I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon offered them a lot of money for their shows, since they have plenty and are clearly willing to spend a lot of it securing content.

Sentai better start dubbing more then a third of the show they pick-up with that Amazon money. Make that damn partnership at least a little bit worthwhile.

Sentai is perhaps the cheapest North American anime company on the market, second to only Media Blasters. I wouldn't expect them to dub more than they already do.

duckroll

I think one thing is for sure though. Within another year or two, at most, the huge stranglehold CR had on being the "one stop" for anime streaming will probably be completely gone. People better get used to having multiple accounts, or watching less shows.... legally.

Clov

I think one thing is for sure though. Within another year or two, at most, the huge stranglehold CR had on being the "one stop" for anime streaming will probably be completely gone. People better get used to having multiple accounts, or watching less shows.... legally.

If Amazon and Netflix's pace continues, this will definitely happen. Amazon got far more shows than I expected them to this season. If Anime Strike ends up being more successful, I could see it getting even bigger.

I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon offered them a lot of money for their shows, since they have plenty and are clearly willing to spend a lot of it securing content.

Sentai is perhaps the cheapest North American anime company on the market, second to only Media Blasters. I wouldn't expect them to dub more than they already do.
That partnership just got worst if that's the case. Cause if they get more shows and still make almost no dubs...yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom