• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Corn somehow finds the worst quality images lol. I thought a new computer I was working on wasn't displaying images right when the first thread I looked at was Cornbread's Berseria thread.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've actually been trying to gif that scene to help good Cornito out and the background comes out all funny because of the effect they used on the floor. That and all the green on the girls dress (the natural foe of gifcam's green screen) makes this a tough deal.

Omg one of my fave TsukiHina artists did a Jean Nino art, so good. https://twitter.com/oT_Touki/status/850400227374669824
C806LGCVYAADz4L.jpg:large

Syrinx

Aikatsu Stars 48-50

Best idol gets fucked over, Koharu isn't dead, S4 literally sprouts wings, yada yada yada.

New girl for S2 is giving me major Seira 2.0 vibes.

phaze

Love Tyrant 01
Mixed feelings, on one hand its not complete trash and a lot of the jokes and randomness still works. On the other hand, they upped the lewd, the color palette is garish and the pace is awfully frenetic, 20 pages for this episode and this showed as they couldn't let any of the jokes or events breathe. They also cut out bits of stuff making it all even more random. They even erased the cheetah - yurusenai !

Jarmel

Banned
Taking screen caps from my phone is a pain in the ars and I watch about 90% of anime from my phone, so.....

LbyJBOf.gif
You don't have to put images in your posts though in the first place. Not every post needs images. You don't really write long enough posts to necessitate using images to grab or maintain the reader's attention.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This isn't directed just towards him though. You generally don't have to put images in your post if you only have like two or three sentences.

This is really weird because why not? Why do you need a minimum number of words to substantiate image posts? Sometimes screencaps speak for themselves.

Still one of my finest posts from last season.
y1om7l2.png

damn takahashi sensei??
7EaTKdz.gif

Grexeno

I have also pretty much moved to watching anime almost exclusively on my phone if possible.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid 13 - END

"We have no idea how to end this series."

Sakura Quest 01

I dunno this town gives off a "we sacrifice people to an eldritch horror" vibe. :p

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 27

f3KOnzD.png

VrXx6dx.png

Gundam franchise put on blast.

I expected Domon to 'willpower' his way out of the Cobra Gundam's grip so I was pleasantly surprised when he escaped through some actual quick thinking.

Still, I can't help but feel these Gundam finalist characters are really shallow.

Jarmel

Banned
This is really weird because why not? Why do you need a minimum number of words to substantiate image posts? Sometimes screencaps speak for themselves.

Still one of my finest posts from last season.

7EaTKdz.gif
I guess this is true of writing as a whole but you have to think about what you're putting into an article/blog/post and what emotion you're trying to evoke of the reader. Are you putting in an image to show off the art direction or a memorable scene in the show? Are you putting it in to maintain the reader's attention in a wall of words and essentially using it for pacing reasons? Are you trying to make another poster laugh by pointing out something funny in the show? Or are you just having images just to have them? It's just being generally aware about what you're trying to do with a post.

For example, Cornbread's post on the other page cites the restaurant scene and he has a random picture of the scene but there's nothing in the screencap that is memorable. He's not using it for pacing reasons nor to illustrate a larger point about the show. Even in his discussion of the scene he's not describing why the scene worked for him so I can't even use the image as a point of reference.

Sure I use images with short posts too but that's because I thought that particular frame was memorable and I want to draw the reader's attention to that specific frame.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sure I use images with short posts too but that's because I thought that particular frame was memorable and I want to draw the reader's attention to that specific frame.

I don't think we need to hold everyone to the standards of microblogging in this thread. I do agree Corn's textual content usually has very little in common with his visual content but, come on! As much as I'd like it if AnimeGAF was like a Weeb Medium, it's clearly not and a little unreasonable to expect it to be for a general semi-public forum.

I include images in my G Gundam posts because

A) Someone in this thread informed me of the existence of Greenshot.
B) G Gundam actually has strong composition work.
C) It's a breezy popcorn show.

It's not something I normally do since I'm a binge watcher and screenshots take time away from getting to the next episode. Hell I don't even like doing an episode by episode impression most of the time.

zulux21

This include hosting it somewhere of course.

or if you take screencaps quite often you just get a program to run in the background that lets you take a selected area screenshot and auto upload it for you reducing it to a half second o_O

Taking screen caps from my phone is a pain in the ars and I watch about 90% of anime from my phone, so.....

LbyJBOf.gif

I would imagine that using the shortcut on the phone to take a screenshot, and then going to your photos and clicking upload is less effort then a google search and copy and paste o_O

Narag

I include images in my G Gundam posts because

A) Someone in this thread informed me of the existence of Greenshot.
B) G Gundam actually has strong composition work.
C) It's a breezy popcorn show.

It's not something I normally do since I'm a binge watcher and screenshots take time away from getting to the next episode.

What's sad about B is CR using the DVD masters or whatever obscures just how good that part really is.

Depends on what you want to get out of your experience on this forum and in this thread.

Some people just see it as a place to shoot the shit with other anime watchers and have a casual place to throw out stuff haphazardly and engage in friendly banal talk.

Some people see it as another place to post their overly wordy blog expecting people to pat them on the back for their insightful impressions into Little Girl Fuck School Episode 4.

And everything in between. People have different wants or needs.

Some Cornbreads just want to watch the thread burn.

or if you take screencaps quite often you just get a program to run in the background that lets you take a selected area screenshot and auto upload it for you reducing it to a half second o_O

I would imagine that using the shortcut on the phone to take a screenshot, and then going to your photos and clicking upload is less effort then a google search and copy and paste o_O

And that program would be?

because I go
1-Print Screen
2-Upload to my Pinterest
3-Copy the link.

Jarmel

Banned
I don't think we need to hold everyone to the standards of microblogging in this thread. I do agree Corn's textual content usually has very little in common with his visual content but, come on! As much as I'd like it if AnimeGAF was like a Weeb Medium, it's clearly not and a little unreasonable to expect it to be for a general semi-public forum.
That's not even so much a standard though but how to be an effective writer. It's not like I'm saying he has to analyze an episode in such and such a manner. I don't write blogs for every episode either and might just do a sentence saying it's dogshit and that's that.

However using low resolution images in Cornbread's case actually detracts from his posts as people are apparently distracted by the quality of the image and so the goal of his post gets lost along the way. In which case it would be better just not to have them. If he was analyzing the scene or using particular frames for well considered reasons, I think that would be less of an issue. I'm not even advocating him doing more work but less.

zulux21

for anyone that actually likes the saga of tanya the evil opening.

amalee just posted a solid full english version of it

because I go
1-Print Screen
2-Upload to my Pinterest
3-Copy the link.

there are actually a number of them out there.
I personally use ShareX (I used to use puu.sh I think it was but that one got its site hacked and pushed a malware update one time so I switched :p). it allows you to choose a number of different sites to upload the image to (and saves a local copy) where you just hit the print screen button and can select the area you want (though I am pretty sure in settings you can change it to just the full screen)

thus it's just press print screen
http://img04.imgland.net/Uy84VtR.png
choose my area
and its instant loaded and copied already for me to paste.

looking at the settings

ect.

I take a lot of screen shots of stuff to post places though :p

L.O.R.D

Youjo Senki 10-12

holy cow,the animation was good
i can't believe that guy died for nothing,he must kept something,really disappointed we didn't see another encounter with being X.

i tried to see the manga to see where it continue from the anime,man,it's very weird.
the manga does not look like the anime at all.

Sakura Quest is sure not directed by Tsutomu Mizushima. First episode lacks the hug and the love of details which made Shirobako so enjoyable from the first episode.

Still better than anything else.
(haven't seen anything else)

Narag

because I go
1-Print Screen
2-Upload to my Pinterest
3-Copy the link.

Greenshot would work well for you.
TjJlecL.png
yjinhRC.png

That's not even so much a standard though but how to be an effective writer. It's not like I'm saying he has to analyze an episode in such and such a manner. I don't write blogs for every episode either and might just do a sentence saying it's dogshit and that's that.

However using low resolution images in Cornbread's case actually detracts from his posts as people are apparently distracted by the quality of the image and so the goal of his post gets lost along the way. In which case it would be better just not to have them. If he was analyzing the scene or using particular frames for well considered reasons, I think that would be less of an issue. I'm not even advocating him doing more work but less.

This is basically how I feel. I'd imagine most people post impressions with a hint of selling a show to others so they can enjoy whatever it its you're watching as well. Poor quality screencaps have an opposite effect of what's intended in this case as I'm left wondering why a show looks like such shit. Same with tumblr gifs making a show look like a janky mess.

zulux21

Forget about Tanya! Where is my MHA opening 2 and Attack on Titan op 2 cover Amalee?! Only Pellek delivered so far.

I kid, I enjoy her work.

she has been doing a lot more full versions lately since she includes those on CDs.

so I imagine those won't be until the full versions come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom