• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are actually a number of them out there.

I take a lot of screen shots of stuff to post places though :p

Greenshot would work well for you.

Thanks you two! I'll check these out.

she has been doing a lot more full versions lately since she includes those on CDs.

so I imagine those won't be until the full versions come out.
Yea I bought her last 3 albums. I would love for her to cover these, but I'm not sure she will. Maybe the endings seems more like her style.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That's not even so much a standard though but how to be an effective writer. It's not like I'm saying he has to analyze an episode in such and such a manner.
I don't think everyone is interested in being an effective writer, is the thing. Like, consider this in the context of a multiplayer game. Some people are really interested in pushing themselves and some people just want to goof off with others.
I don't write blogs for every episode either and might just do a sentence saying it's dogshit and that's that.
Only every other episode :p

However using low resolution images in Cornbread's case actually detracts from his posts as people are apparently distracted by the quality of the image and so the goal of his post gets lost along the way. In which case it would be better just not to have them. If he was analyzing the scene or using particular frames for well considered reasons, I think that would be less of an issue. I'm not even advocating him doing more work but less.
You're mistaking who he's writing his posts for. I think they're more for himself than others. A lot of people use AnimeGAF as a personal diary more than a group conversation. I'm... of two minds about this. I'm okay with it to an extent but there was a time in AnimeGAF history where every poster was an island and it was really dull to read but we currently have a decent balance.

Cornbread78

H.S DxD New ep.8
Oe0Yym6.jpg

I think I saw boobs this episode. It was fun. What is in the basement?

I honestly do dislike unnecessary images quite a lot because images automatically draw your attention. So if they have no relevance and might even be ugly in addition then they inevitably make for a more obnoxious reading experience of threads.

Gifs are even harder to ignore when motion inherently draws just the more attention. So when people like to spam irrelevant, quickly looping, badly compressed tumblr gifs... I wouldn't mind assassinating their wifus. Just saying.

Haly

I honestly do dislike unnecessary images quite a lot because images automatically draw your attention. So if they have no relevance and might even be ugly in addition then they inevitably make for a more obnoxious reading experience of threads.

Gifs are even harder to ignore when motion inherently draws just the more attention. So when people like to spam irrelevant, quickly looping, badly compressed tumblr gifs... I wouldn't mind assassinating their wifus. Just saying.
ZtPljZL.gif

Qurupeke

Maid Dragon 13
This ending is my nightmare scenario. The show's self serious slant towards drama feels like such a stretch when it finds itself focused on a fantastical conflict. Cue characters droning on in righteous monologues that have no real meaning and limited emotion. This is a slow and boring finale that needlessly builds itself up into something that does not resemble the positive points of the show that found levity and humor in a fantastical take on reality. It's a dumb anime shouting match that keeps its emotions tucked away even with everything on the table.

Dragon Maid 13

Holy shit that was awful.
Maid Dragon END

I'm just gonna be honest: I do not get where the praise for this final episode(based on earlier posts) is coming from and the tone feels like something from a totally different show. This shit was way to dour for my taste and completely out of step for the way the rest of the show was. Like where the hell did that sudden "Tohru's dragon subconsciousness" shit come from? The overly serious confrontation with her father, Kobayashi's dour mood after Tohru was taken away and the general absence of other characters. Oh and Kobayashi getting all angry and courageous against Tohru's father? Fucking what? That speech was some shit out of a generic shounen action show.

Yeah I get that this show had its tender moments and those were nice, but this episode felt completely out of step with the rest of the show in a bad way.

I'm going to borrow Jarmel's gif.

HfLrQAO.gif

The ending felt like a natural progression to the stuff the show tackled earlier, certainly not a sudden change of pace or mood, even if it leaned towards the dramatic spectrum. Maybe a bit melodramatic, or even a bit too much as I'm sure it's usually not that tolerable in a mostly comedic show, but I really am a bit surprised the reactions. I suppose if you weren't keen on the show before episode 13, I could see the ending leaving an even worse after taste, but I thought at least SliceSabre enjoyed it. I start to feel like I'm on a honeymoon phase and I'm not judging it clearly, because I really liked the last episode....

Hellraider

Sakura Quest is sure not directed by Tsutomu Mizushima. First episode lacks the hug and the love of details which made Shirobako so enjoyable from the first episode.

That's the main reason why I've been hesitant about watching it. How much of a worse Shirobako it feels can make or break it. Because surely nobody expects to get anywhere close to it.

What's sad about B is CR using the DVD masters or whatever obscures just how good that part really is.

I think the compositions survive the not great video quality.

The real problem comes when I'm screengrabbing and the crunchyroll version's crushed blacks blend in with the letter boxing from the 4x3 aspect ratio.

My love for you is like a truck - 13 & 14

It's weird how I keep forgetting all these smaller scaled fucked up scenarios from the manga. There are some odd directing choice even I managed to pick up, like the fucking jazz music part??
Still looks like ass, though I appreciate the increase of 2D for Farnese and Serpico backstory. I think I actually... enjoyed most of the latter episode because of those throwbacks.
SEND HELP

crazy farnese best farnese

e9uyhs5.jpg
F8DQz9B.jpg

You will take these screenshots and you will like them!

Hellraider

The ending felt like a natural progression to the stuff the show tackled earlier, certainly not a sudden change of pace or mood, even if it leaned towards the dramatic spectrum. Maybe a bit melodramatic, or even a bit too much as I'm sure it's usually not that tolerable in a mostly comedic show, but I really am a bit surprised the reactions. I suppose if you weren't keen on the show before episode 13, I could see the ending leaving an even worse after taste, but I thought at least SliceSabre enjoyed it. I start to feel like I'm on a honeymoon phase and I'm not judging it clearly, because I really liked the last episode....

The series has been pretty clearly hinting for something like that to happen pretty much from the start, and it was made a lot more obvious with the two flashbacks (Tohru's and the bandit girl's). It was definitely not a change of pace but more of an expected confrontation with an, admittedly, predictable outcome.

It wasn't that it had some high literature-tier writing or an amazing twist or anything. It was a moment that you knew the two characters were going to face at some point and it made you feel nice that they finally got the approval for just being themselves to keep doing what they were doing from that antagonistic higher power.

It was well executed, it was cute, warm cozy and pretty. That's pretty much all that a slice of life series needs for an ending.

Haly

You must be a janky friend who posts janky videos all the time.

My love for you is like a truck - 13 & 14

It's weird how I keep forgetting all these smaller scaled fucked up scenarios from the manga.

crazy farnese best farnese

Oh I can't forget that part, because in fact it was the last 'fucked up shit in Berserk' before the merry group of adventurers was assembled.

Farneze lost so much after that. :(

Tonton

Idk why I thought G Gundam wasn't on Crunchyroll, adding it to my queue

Maybe it'll try to use this season to watch it

Ascheroth

Alright guys, what might be going under my anime radar this season? What should I look out for?
Kado: The Right Answer had a really great start.
Kado: The Right Answer 00-01

Okay, this was really fucking good. Surprise of the season?

First contact show about negotiating with an alien thing, with smart writing and clever characters? Yes please.
The mystery cube is extremely intriguing and I loved the scientific tests.
Or read Jarmels more elaborate post :p

Then there's Alice to Zouroku that could be pretty good.

It's a 'little girl with superpowers flees from research facility, gets chased and meets boy' - story, except the boy is a stern old man ;)
Their interactions are really good as is the soundtrack. The action isn't bad as well, but it's hard to say if it can keept the right balance between those two elements.
But there are some pretty bad CG scenes in the middle.

Half the shows haven't aired yet though.

I hate the style of shading they use in Berserk. Those sketchy lines look bad on the CG models and they look even worse on the 2D art. An incredibly misguided attempt to mimic Miura's style.

Oh I can't forget that part, because in fact it was the last 'fucked up shit in Berserk' before the merry group of adventurers was assembled.

Farneze lost so much after that. :(

Totally agree, at that point Farnese changed from one of my favorite characters to the dullest. She lost all her bite/intrigue.

Alright guys, what might be going under my anime radar this season? What should I look out for?
Are you watching My Hero Academia? If not, fix that.

Then Kado had a good start. Worth checking out

Boruto also had a great first episode.

Tsukigakirei is an excellent SoL really worth checking.

jediyoshi

Sakura Quest 01

VR8B0em.png

JZu44AE.png

☑ pa works godlike character design
☑ rural japan
☑ heart

🔥🔥🔥

Salex_

Is it a good time to start watching One Piece again? Or should I wait until there's more episodes? I stopped at episode 756.

Jintor

meido dragon 13 -end-

this series was very uneven, it had some good parts, it had some quite bad parts, i overall enjoyed it, the last episode was a bit odd, i wish the last half was more creatively animated.

hero academia s2 ep1

The bits they expanded upon with the classroom and the classmates was great, there's this wonderful vibe to the characters that's really emphasised when they're all together. you really do feel like they get along.

the rest of the recap stuff, first episode, hope they get over it, the pacing feels like it's improved a lot but we'll see.

ED is love, ed is life

Qurupeke

I've been re-reading Pop Team Epic and this hit me. How will they animate the mouths when they constantly look like this :3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom