• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG yes! I want that! That OVA made her one of the best character!

I feel like she's gonna be like a Gohan type of character. Potential to be stronger than anyone but becomes a ramen stand apprentice or something instead.

So there is only like one true cute girls doing cute things show this season.

Is the fad over? Did we outlive the K-On! curse?

Ah damnit. Guess I'll see yall next season then :(

zulux21

So there is only like one true cute girls doing cute things show this season.

Is the fad over? Did we outlive the K-On! curse?

this is just the light novel season.

most seasons we have 2-4 light novels adaptions. this season we have 11 I think it was lol.

next season looks like it will have a number of cute girl shows. and at the very least next winter will no doubt be loaded with them again like it usually is.

that all being said, even with the few disappointments so far.
this is one of the better seasons for me in a long time :p

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Honestly, with how popular Fire Emblem has been lately, I'm kind of shocked there is no Animes.

I expect them to somehow turn Fire Emblem Heroes into a show. Anime based off of Gacha games seems to be in vogue right now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's a FE anime with that pretty boy Mars in it.

The secret to Fire Emblem is that it has always been anime as hell, just before it was 80's and 90's anime.

Honestly, with how popular Fire Emblem has been lately, I'm kind of shocked there is no Animes.

Up until recently, Nintendo has been crazy protective of their IPs. I won't be surprised if one is eventually made though. Seems like it and Ufotable would be a match made in heaven.

Puzzle & Dragons X Episode 37 - 39
C82_YkCXcAEszSx.jpg:small

Epic battle overall, it was so awesome and each time they made you think Lance was perhaps not in control he made you realize he was. Ace was pretty awesome too and I love how his face expressions was the whole time. Ace + Horus make a great team, and I always laughed how Ouka was always there to fireball Lance when he dodged, lol.
C83CdzMXkAAcf8A.jpg:small

New ED animation is so cute and amazing. The characters dancing always gets me especially Lance and his usual expression.

I wish they had declared a winner instead of just going the no winner cause destruction route. Ace deservered it, lol. Oh well, beyond that I could only guess Lance was warned about the future and remaining vigilant, while Ace ought to get further training.
The grandma revealing herself to be like Sophia was surprising.

My Neighbors the Yamadas - Probably the most un-Ghibli movie of the Ghibli movies. It was a pretty refreshing watch showing various days in the lives of the Yamada family. Not every segment was laugh out loud funny, but I thought the movie was really charming and found myself smiling throughout it. My one complaint is that for the type of movie it was, essentially one long slice of life, it ran a little too long than it needed to.

tumblr_mah7prdAWc1qc8e6lo1_500.gif

JulianImp

We never got our 52ep Kid Icarus anime based on Shaft's short anime

I really liked the two-part mini-anime Shaft did for it, and kind of wish there was more. The other two shorts were pretty lame by comparison, though.

...Actually, did the Kid Icarus 3DS videos ever become available outside of Japan?

Your Name

Yep, this is the best Shinkai film. Even after all the praise this had received, I was still taken aback by how interesting the direction was, particularly in how it handled the transitions back and forth between the two leads. Having actual high-level movie production values greatly helped as well - that sequence after Taki slips in the shrine was wild! It's still Shinkai's favorite theme of "missed connections", but this time there's a story to go alongside that that doesn't suck. It's a bit too self-indulgent at times - some of the montages were too cheesy, and the epilogue dragged on too long - but those criticisms are relatively minor. I had been resigned to Shinkai being a fine but minor director destined to never rise above pleasant trifles, but with this he proves that he actually has developed some real skill. Let's hope he doesn't let the massive commercial success paralyze him so that he can effective follow up on this.

I dunno since I don't really follow anime now, but without the Ghibli churn, who is doing the prestige movie not based on an anime these days?

Is Yamada supposed to be the next Miyazaki?

There's quite a bit coming out these days. Aside from the ones you've already mentioned, Your Name and A Silent Voice, there's Katabuchi's In This Corner of the World, two films from Yuasa at Science Saru, Kamiyama's Hirune Hime, Yonebayashi's Mary and the Witch's Flower, Takeuchi's Fireworks, along with the usual but interesting franchise films such as Koike's Goemon's Blood Spray and Atsushi Takahashi's Doraemon Antarctic Adventure. The industry is seeing growth in movies while traditional TV revenue is declining - Your Name's surprise success caught quite a few eyes - plus movies are a good way of lessening the burden TV broadcast schedules create for animation studios, so I don't expect anime movies to disappear anytime soon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ok, Only Yesterday is the last Ghibli on my watchlist. This opening is making me crave Pineapples.
The secret best Ghibli film.

There's quite a bit coming out these days. Aside from the ones you've already mentioned, Your Name and A Silent Voice, there's Katabuchi's In This Corner of the World, two films from Yuasa at Science Saru, Kamiyama's Hirune Hime, Yonebayashi's Mary and the Witch's Flower, Takeuchi's Fireworks, along with the usual but interesting franchise films such as Koike's Goemon's Blood Spray and Atsushi Takahashi's Doraemon Antarctic Adventure. The industry is seeing growth in movies while traditional TV revenue is declining - Your Name's surprise success caught quite a few eyes - plus movies are a good way of lessening the burden TV broadcast schedules create for animation studios, so I don't expect anime movies to disappear anytime soon.
I guess that's something to look forward to. I'm assuming these are the Japanese equivalent of Boss Babies or Sausage Party anyway.

MSMrRound

Between Your Name, A Silent Voice, Tanya and lately Persona 5,

My experience watching shows and playing games has basically been
Yuuki Aoi is in goddamn everything. Been on the fence deciding about getting Ys 8 for PS4? Lo and behold, new character voiced by Yuuki Aoi getting added to the game. With Symphogear AXZ coming up in July I think this experience of mine is going to continue on for a bit...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh you guys. lol

Edit: I'm half paying attention because I'm watching the Get Down, but my only point was that they can't ALL be the next Zootopia/Moana in terms of being giant cultural phenomenon that people quote, if only for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom