• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

KraytarJ

Saekano S1 0, 1-2
Episode 0 was terrible, 1 was alright, 2 was phenomenal thanks basically to solely Kato. I don't remember the last time a single character made me want to keep watching a show.

Yu Yu Hakusho 01-40
Starts out as nothing special but then the show drops the whole "spirit detective" thing and from there it just becomes one great fight after another. The Dark Tournament is amazing. A bunch of great characters but Kuwabara and Kurama stand out as the best.

I like how a few episodes into the The Dark Tournament Koenma brings up the golden egg from the first few episodes and Yusuke says he totally forgot about it (so did I).

Apparently we still got to wait some months or so for Your Name to come to cinemas in Germany. What the hell is this even.

And Shinkai has been a very competent director for a long time, with 5cm being a damn fine proof of that. It apparently takes you Hosada nuts a long time to get accustomed to that fact but at least you slowly do come to your senses.

I doubt it can top 5cm for me I will see
in several months
dac15_sad.gif
Though I'm glad to hear that this film feels different from his past works, as diversity certainly hasn't been one of his strong points.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
5cm was proof he was a very competent
ideas guy
who was very good at
one single idea: mono no aware.

I love 5cm

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's not his thing so much as the totality of existence. If you took away mono no aware from his soul, you'd have nothing left except for a single falling cherry blossom petal.

Ascheroth

Rage of Bahamut - Virgin Soul 01

Based Mappa and Cygames money.
This was good. This was damn good.

Re:Creators 01

This was actually way more entertaining than I thought it would be. That first-person glasses cut was hilarious nonsense, hope there's more where that came from.
Prediction times:
Bland MC is actually the 'creator' of the enemy girl, either he hasn't drawn her yet and it's time shenanigans or he came up with her in middle school or something when he had Chuunibyou and forgot. Actually, I'm pretty sure about that.
Always like me some Sawano OST too.

Re:Creators 01

That was some hardcore-ass LN nonsense, and I don't even think this is based on an LN. It's still trying to be though.

Not really bad but my eyes started to glaze over at the ridiculous amount of broken German and superpower anime fights.

You got this wrong, it's not trying to be an LN.
It wants to be multiple ones at the same time!

Chindogg

Saekano S1 0, 1-2
Episode 0 was terrible, 1 was alright, 2 was phenomenal thanks basically to solely Kato. I don't remember the last time a single character made me want to keep watching a show.

Yeah your mistake was watching 0 first. You actually watch it last since it's supposed to be a mockery of the season. Without the context of the characters that's kinda lost.

5cm was proof he was a very competent
ideas guy
who was very good at
one single idea: mono no aware.

I love 5cm

Ideas are cheap to come by in just about every profession. Executing on those, which he did in 5cm, while being director, producer and writer by himself, that is what matters. With how difficult of an undertaking the production of an animated film actually is, it indicates competency when he manages to deliver real good even just once.

Tsugumomo 01

the first four minutes contain a falling-foward boob grope joke and a panty shot joke. Then theres a crossdressing joke at the end.

Tsugumomo!

Alice to Zouroku - 01

That wasn't too bad. The magical girl didn't suffer amnesia and kept her demeanor, therefore diverting from the most standard narrative these stories tend to have. That being "amnesic kid grows from of older caretaker but slowly the dark reality surfaces." I appreciate having most of it in the open already. I'll watch some more of this.

Sakura Quest - 01

That fairly identical Shirobako character design is kinda distracting to see in a second show and once again the stark contrast between the samey-looking young female adults compared to everyone else is hard not to actively think about every now and then. But not-Miyamori's detour into that dying town was fairly amusing. Good enough to try another episode or two at least.

Bahamut Virgin Soul - 01

Enjoyed this one a lot. Though with how the first Bahamut progressed towards big scale baddies I don't have much expectations for this in the long run, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
I'm a sucker for pompous choir music so I'm happy on the music front. I also thought the episode had some interesting camera bits, like when Nina spins in the air, or simply being behind a ceiling fan.
Demon design on point

Re:Creators - 01

I had to force myself to finish the episode
sword gun violin holopsicon thing was so dumb that I can't help but love it

Ascheroth

MHA 15

This was great.
Pacing was on point, it looked great, and was just fun all around.
That quick training montage of everyone preparing for the festival in their own ways was so good. This is how you expand upon the manga in a good way.

My Hero Academia 15
Oh yes that was amazing! I just love how full of expression each scene is. The attention to the little details makes everything character related feel more full of personality. It made everyone feel so *alive*. I'm reall liking how BONES is handling the characters this season so far. They make all of them so much better. They are expanding on all the good spots too.(Loved Mineta haha)Also love him or hate him but you got to agree with Midoriya. Bakugo is evolving as a character, he got beaten by Midoriya once and he is fully ready to show that he is the best.
The highlight this episode was definitetly Todoroki and all the animation surrounding him. The way they handled the motion(I guess this is direction) and the way they adapted the action was 11/10! Him running with the ice explosion behind him(Holy shit)

SO THE FESTIVAL AS BEGUN!!! YEAAAAAAAAA

Also for those interested this covered 2 chapters.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My Hero Academia Season 2, Episode 2:

Well, at least we are moving forward now to the sports festival of nebulous activities and I am getting flashbacks to Hunter X Hunter's Hunter Exam arc. Indeed, I certainly recall there being a chaotic obstacle course race there too, though presumably MHA's interpretation will be sadly far less murderey. Also, it looks like Todoroki is trying to claim the gimmick of king shithead from Bakugo.as the overriding story-line.

Jintor

shard, i forget, as a matter of policy you prefer not to read ahead for airing shows right? or is it just dependant show-to-show?

Ascheroth

My Hero Academia 15
The highlight this episode was definitetly Todoroki and all the animation surrounding him. The way they handled the motion(I guess this is direction) and the way they adapted the action was 11/10! Him running with the ice explosion behind him(Holy shit)

SO THE FESTIVAL AS BEGUN!!! YEAAAAAAAAA

Also for those interested this covered 2 chapters.
That entire scene was hype af.
This looks so much better than everything from season 1, holy shit. And they were already done with the first 10 episodes when episode 1 aired. This is going to be awesome.

That entire scene was hype af.
This looks so much better than everything from season 1, holy shit. And they were already done with the first 10 episodes when episode 1 aired. This is going to be awesome.

IF they made these scenes already so EPIC and HYPE...I imagine the rest and...
2891fdff8b45e5c3d532dfff5164df08.gif

/XX/

Cute little video promoting the most recent crowdfunding campaign to finance dormitories for animators new to the Japanese industry:

新人アニメーター寮プロジェクト2017 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNvrdm8ZUpA

I hope that for every new stage NPO Animator Supporters & Jun Sugawara keep using crowdfunding platforms more visible to the overseas contributors too, like Indiegogo was used before. It was a little part overall but everyone, everywhere it is enjoyed their work should have the opportunity to help! :)

Defuser

Shingeki no Bahamut : Virgin Soul ep 1
FAVAROOOOOOO...is yet to be seen :(

Is Nina gonna be thirsty every time she sees a guy? This is a like reverse perv trope where instead of a guy who gains new found power by looking at women's body She transforms whenever she sees a hot guy?

Who would have thought Azazel turned from a evil plotter to a joke guy and now into a Hero for freeing demon slaves?

I honestly can't recall a time where you've said something is NOT awesome.
Wah? I call some stuff not-awesome once in a while.
----------------
Looking at sentai's line-up again, I feel like they are just sending Rin-ne 3 to die. Amazon just didn't want it?

Clov

Wah? I call some stuff not-awesome once in a while.

Once in a blue moon, perhaps. :p

You remind me of when I first started watching anime, and everything was so new, novel, and awesome! Then I watched many, many more titles and started looking back on some of those early ones differently. The novelty of everything wore off, and many of those anime lost thier luster for me when I took a more critical eye to them.

You remind me of when I first started watching anime, and everything was so new, novel, and awesome! Then I watched many, many more titles and started looking back on some of those early ones differently. The novelty of everything wore off, and many of those anime lost thier luster for me when I took a more critical eye to them.
Haha I guess I probably look a little like that here, but that's probably because I only really post about shows I am relatively passionate about or ones that made me go wow on the first episode. I am watching Tanya, All out! And Gad Guard right now and while none of them are bad at all, they just lack that fire that makes me want to talk about them. So imagine bad show, I would need to be outraged to start posting. :p

------------------------------------------
OMG
UA High School is the top Hero Training School in the world, which means TONS of homework. be quick on your feet with My Hero Acadamia crew socks!
my-hero-acadamia-sublimated-crew-sock-1-pair.jpg

Ascheroth

Haha I guess I probably look a little like that here, but that's probably because I only really post about shows I am relatively passionate about or ones that made me go wow on the first episode. I am watching Tanya, All out! And Gad Guard right now and while none of them are bad at all, they just lack that fire that makes me want to talk about them. So imagine bad show, I would need to be outraged to start posting. :p

The problem is that you're watching Tanya dubbed.

I actually kinda wish I didn't have a critical eye. It must be kinda amazing to be GoldCrusader where so very little is outright awful. Means you can kinda enjoy near anything and I'd rather enjoy stuff than feel put off or bored by it.

Shingeki no Bahamut - Vrigin Soul - 01

The weak sound design that plagued the first season remains, unfortunately. You'd think that attack on the godly fortress at the beginning would make for one damn intense scene but instead the poor sound robs it of any oomph. The 'epic' choral singing can't mask that I'm afraid, neither there nor in the last sequence of the episode.

That of course doesn't help with my problem of still not giving a damn about the world and so I can once again only look forward to some potentially fun characters.

Trickster Episode 23 – Return of the Evening Star

Omg they actually brought back 1Hope Sniper and it was for such an epic scene with Hanasaki. Whoever was the brains of the anime did so good with the final moments, Hanasaki using all his tools + Jet powered shoes + a launch pad! I need more Trickster.

I'm 10 episodes in! I ain't switching. But seriously it's more that I'm just not feeling the characters that much. VAs don't really matter here. I tried both the sub and dub.

It happens, My wife and I never took to Tanya either. Watched episode 1 and never felt a need to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom