• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you like what you watched=>Continue watching
Did you not like what you watched=>Don't continue watching
Yes and no, it's a bit slow right now but some of the gifs that have been posted here have me interested, so idk. Does it get better?
When you finish watching Prisma Ilya duckroll perms you personally.
Hmmm, I'll just have to watch until the second last episode then

I didn't even manage to watch more than 5 seconds of it so yeah pretty much ? It's by Ishihara from what I've seen on ANN so that's no surprise.

Thanks, it means a lot to me ;~;

Cardcaptor Sakura - up to ep14

WUICrUP.png
V2yNSyU.png

Not creepy at all and neither you nor your almost equally obsessive mother need help!

jGDf6y4.png
cMJi1fL.png

He remains the best.

Episode 14 was a real fun festival episode. Though I was actually annoyed by the appearance of the Clow Cards.

Kyuur

Watched most of the first episodes that had been released with my group last night. Standouts:

Akashic Records of Bastard Magical Instructor
If the girl uniforms weren't so fucking stupid I might actually watch this. Funny overall and managed to trick most of us into thinking
they were actually going to follow the secret-badass trope
at the end of the episode. Also I like magic schools in general so that helps.

GRANBLUE FANTASY
Very pretty and great character designs. The hydra was cool as fuck, meanwhile
Bahamut
was kind of lame-looking. Generic plot setup so far but eh, its the first episode.

Love Tyrant
aka Kiss Note
Amazingly wild ride. None of us had any idea what this was going in and it was fantastic, laughing the whole way through. Not sure if it can maintain a whole season though, yandere antics are only funny about the first dozen times.

Sakura Quest
Cute and I feel like the concept will hit home being from a rural community. The cast is likable and super relate-able so far with no random goth-lolitas in sight (sorry Shirobako) and they nailed the main character hook right off the bat. Not sure if it will reach Shirobako heights but its definitely better than the "me-too" attempts you see in stuff like Girlish Number already. Can easily see it being AOTS.

Tsukigakirei
Pretty solid, especially if you're the kind of person who takes delight in awkward school-age romance. Some kind of awkward use of 3D crowds in places but the overall shiny aesthetic is pleasing so it doesn't bother me that much. Also taught me that LINE has the best emotes.

The Royal Tutor
Thought this was gonna be some BL series going in but its actually a pretty deft comedy. The characters seemed to be a little too wedged into stereotypes but they managed to develop the one the first episode focused quite well.

Have also watched Boruto and Hero Academia S2, both solid follow-ups. Still need to watch Attack on Titan S2 and finish The Eccentric Family S1 before S2. This season is turning out pretty good compared to the abysmal last one, quite pleased.

Hellsing Ultimate - I thought the mood whiplash of Drifters was weird when I watched it last year, but it turns out that this was always Hirano's schitck.

Samurai Jack S5 E4

The show's return to the more light hearted atmospheric episodes from the previous season was the part I was most curious if we'd return to. And to my delight we did. I love every episode we've had so far, but not every episode can be grim-dark Jack or it'd get old for people. Put a bit of comedy here and there.

Eccentric Family S2E1

Honestly this was a serviceable episode. I can't and won't ever like Benten so I'm glad
she apparently won't be in the show for the time being
. It's enjoyable that we got another season of this gem, so I'll leave it at that and just hope the show keeps up the quality. I'm not watching much this season besides this and maybe other shows I'll pick up once I read more impressions.

The new Attack on Titan OP grew on me super fast. I love it now.

First time - Eh, it's alright but it doesn't hold a candle to the first two

Second time - There's a dinosaur in it and that owns

Third time - I changed my mind, this is good,

Fourth time - SASAGEYO, SASAGEYO, SHINZOU WO SASAGEYO

Monster Strike 2 - The Night Before Special
C8_7yBsXoAAZqgs.jpg:small
C8_78coWAAAkW-W.jpg:small

Monster Strike gets to join the list of anime that had second seasons with different animation styles, wonder why XFLAG decided to do this. However it does at least make the bump attacks, twin dragon attacks, and shots faster and bit more powerful. Alot of times it reminded me of BBK/BRNK

Im so glad for Oragon!
being from Avalon the whole time and being healed for three months is so much better than being dead
C8_6MmYXYAAW4a0.jpg:small
C8_4qmyXgAA3iBK.jpg:small

Tsugumomo 1
This was pretty funny. I liked the animation and art style. I was expecting something bad from what others were saying.

The ecchi stuff is supposed to get intense eh? I guess we will see. If it gets too weird I'll stop.

Quasar

Eccentric Family S2E1

Honestly this was a serviceable episode. I can't and won't ever like Benten so I'm glad
she apparently won't be in the show for the time being
. It's enjoyable that we got another season of this gem, so I'll leave it at that and just hope the show keeps up the quality. I'm not watching much this season besides this and maybe other shows I'll pick up once I read more impressions.

Dog lover and Benten hater. Why am I not surprised.

The Eccentric Family S2 Ep 01

This was a fine episode. Not as good as the first episode of the first season, which was full of wonder and great scenes, but in part it's normal as now it isn't something original, we know the character, we know the world.
Also, this episode was 85% setup.

Ending:
Character development incoming!

Clov

B̢̛̛͏̖̼̙ͅe̩̣̗̱̙̬͎̕͘͜͞͝h̨̡̛͇̭̟̲̦͈̤̤̯̖͓͚̤̮ò͏͕͈͍͇̥̮͙̖͕̜̞ļ̸̸́͏͇̺̮͕̹̗̞͔͙͓̬ḑ̩͇͎̣̞̗͚̝͈̰͈̪͘͘͜ ̵̴̛͙̮͎̬̟̮̖̟͍̗̥̪͠͡ͅͅt̡̠͚̰̪̖͔̻̪̟͉̹͍̠̤͈͖̭̕ͅh͏͏̴̸̴̙͇̲͎͍̫e̷̪̯̻̗̪̰͇͈͞ ͜͟͞͏̳̤͇͎̝͙̳̪͉͈̙̗͉á̢͍̰̰͎͓̠̰̤̕͢͞l̶̶̜͖̲̜̠̩ͅl̵̛̩̟͔̣̺̥̠̼̤̼̹͖̣̮̝ͅ-̵̯̱͉̱͓̰̞͢͜ͅs̷̨̡͇̲̖̝̹̻̠̲̳͢͠ͅͅe̸̛̻̦̠̱e̢̛̱̠͈͇͍̟̖̩͙̕͜͞i̬͙̦̤̝̰̺̺͇̫͚̭̱̯͉͉͜͜ņ̛̞̯̭͓͚̻̞̥̼̻̻̜̜̮̭͇̪̬͘͘ͅg̴̛͓͉͉͓̠̘̞̣̠͔͈̩͝ͅ ̶̸̨̧̺̗͓̮̯͕͖̙̞͓̲͕̩͚̠̪̼͕̮̞̳̱͘͢͠͡ţ̴̶̫̙͉̤̞͓̙̠͉̜̮̖̘̦̀ͅͅe҉̶̡͜͏̞̱̬͎͓̼̙̼͕̘̫̠͔̻̼̺͈̦͔r̮̬͎̝̲̝̖͓̩͈̼̱̕͟r̷̡͔͙̹͍̀͜͟o̸͝͝҉͕̭͇͙͕̱̪̹͚̫ŕ̡̘̠̹̲͝͡ ̸̥̜̥̘͞t̵̝̰̮̖͎̻̘̲̤̟̝̣̤͍̲͉͝͡͠h̴̶̨̺̗̰̙͙̻͙̜̫͢á̷̦̲͚̠͙̞̝̙͖̗̰̞̱͍̳̞̻̕͡ͅt̵̷͍͎̝̪̭̭̤͔̳̞̬͇̞̜͕̗̮̠͢͡ ̶̶͓̘͍̹͜͝͞í̡̱̟̮͔̳̤͖̪̪̜s̴̤̺̘̜̳̣̪̯̹̯̤̹̖̭̲͝ͅ ͓̝͖͇̖̩̹͚̙̜͜͟Ý̪͔̲̰̮̝̰͍̞̦̗͔͎̝̪͎͢u̸̡͓̱̤̳͇͖̺̩̣̥̝͓͇̟͕͚̳͟͠m̡̡̹̭̮͓͍̬̰̼̯̫͎̙͖̙̣̦̼̹͟e̪̝̟̟͎̥̤̠̟͎̥̺̘̭̣̰̠̦̤͟͠k̵̲̜̪̤̲͉̯̝̰̝͈͘͜a̷̡̢̛̠͇̗ͅw̮̜̲̙͚͓̥͖͔̜̰̖̕̕͡͠a̧̨̻͕̪̲̻̟̠̟̯͘͝ ̶̶͈̫̖̝͘͢Y̸̧͈̜̣̰̳͇̤͔̣̩̟̻͈͠͞͡ͅu̧҉̛͕̲̮͝ͅį͉̲͇̖̤̱͈͍̻̱̱̥͚͍͘͡͠͞

Season 4 of Pripara being subbed before season 2 or 3's subs are even finished. Being a Pripara fan is suffering.

Boruto - 01

Went into this one with a bit of fear. I basically know nothing about Naruto. That's 700 episodes, plus movies, plus all of the manga worth of lore that I don't have going into this. However with that being said, this was a good enough entry point in my opinion. The show is pretty fun, I'll probably continue watching this weekly.

Boruto - 01

Went into this one with a bit of fear. I basically know nothing about Naruto. That's 700 episodes, plus movies, plus all of the manga worth of lore that I don't have going into this. However with that being said, this was a good enough entry point in my opinion. The show is pretty fun, I'll probably continue watching this weekly.

You're better off starting out fresh here. Naruto goes off the rails. Like if you ever want to know the plot of it, just play the Ultimate Ninja games. :p

You're better off starting out fresh here. Naruto goes off the rails. Like if you ever want to know the plot of it, just play the Ultimate Ninja games. :p
Oh yeah, I know. I never got into it because it would literally be like taking a dive into the ocean and trying to reach the bottom LOL. With the way I consume media, it would take me years and years to get through everything. As good as Naruto may be, I'm not THAT interested. I like how fun Boruto is so far

KraytarJ

Burrito 1
I can't say I was expecting to watch this coming into the season since my knowledge of Naruto is spotty at best but it was pretty enjoyable. Not terribly surprising in any way but it did a better job of making me want to stick around than a lot of the premieres I've seen this season.

Boruto - 01

Welcome to the best franchise ever. Great starting points,

Grexeno

Alice & Zoroku 02

"Grandpa there's a dozen pigs in the house."

"OK"

"Grandpa there's a giant pancake on the dining room table."

"OK"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom