• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Build Fighters 10
giphy.gif

Anyone use the VRV streaming service? Been getting advertisements claiming it's the ideal service if you have both Crunchyroll and Funimation Premium, as it plays content from both.

Not having to bounce between the two services sounds nice, but I tried making an account and the only thing it let me do was link my CR account.

Yet upon doing so, it also said my account wasn't premium. I don't see an option to unlink it and start over.

To add insult to injury, CR wasn't working for me last night, and I got an ad that told me to try VRV in order to avoid the high traffic CR was experiencing.

.....did they artificially induce server traffic so I would have to try out VRV?

I toyed around with it over the weekend during my free trial. Yeah, ATM the only account they will let you link it to is Crunchyroll because Crunchyroll's parent company is the creator of VRV.

To add insult to injury I also found that there's a bunch of Funimation shows that aren't available through VRV due to streaming license issues so stuff like Hellsing Ultimate can't be viewed through VRV.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Frame Arm Girls Episode 2:

There seems to be quite the amount of undocumented features to these Frame Arms Girls because as it turns out, not that surprisingly, the actuality of the situation is they have a yuri mode for some reason.

Sterok

Frame Arms Girls 2

If you look up Has It Made In Life in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of Ao there. Now those cute robot girls are her servants, and she gets free stuff from the building manager as well. Also, this is now a yuri series apparently.

Quasar

I don't remember there being a US theater run of A Silent Voice. At least not that I heard of anyway.

Sucks to be you then. Maybe it will just be really delayed in the us like your name. Here in Australia that was run back in October-November.

Silent Voice started here last weekend.

Surprised how much anime I have gotten to see lately away from festivals and capital cities.

Sucks to be you then. Maybe it will just be really delayed in the us like your name. Here in Australia that was run back in October-November.

Silent Voice started here last weekend.

Surprised how much anime I have gotten to see lately away from festivals and capital cities.

Outside of GKIDS (and formerly Walt Disney when they still had the Ghibli license), Funimation is the only US Licensor that will typically push for theatrical releases, but only if the movie has generated enough hype and they tend to do the bare minimum of marketing for it.

Zero Ep 1

Pretty good first episode. I liked all the world building they did and its nice the mc is not some isekai thing and the heroine is not a tsundere.

Outside of GKIDS (and formerly Walt Disney when they still had the Ghibli license), Funimation is the only US Licensor that will typically push for theatrical releases, but only if the movie has generated enough hype and they tend to do the bare minimum of marketing for it.

Viz has handled theatrical releases, such as for the Boruto movie, and Aniplex of America does theatrical releases.

Quasar

We have just one too I think, madman, though they are much more developed as film distributors. they distribute quite a lot of non anime films too.

Qurupeke

LWA 14

Chariot vs Croix
Magic vs Technology
Akko vs Diana
Communism vs Capitalism

Cool episode, though I fail to see why the witches insist on the traditions when they really had no reason to decline Croix's offer. She presented a seemingly flawless solution to their problem and they had to reach a critical point before they accepted it...

e_i

CR will be streaming What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us? (SukaSuka?). These light novel titles need a limit on their words.

Who did the Digimon tri and Yu-gi-oh movies here recently? Those are not done by Funimation.
Is 4kids still a thing?

I don't remember the Boruto release. I know Aniplex did Ordinal Scale but have they don't anything else lately?

I just saw Kizumonogatari Part III from Aniplex yesterday.

Who did the Digimon tri and Yu-gi-oh movies here recently? Those are not done by Funimation.
Is 4kids still a thing?

The recent Yu-Gi-Oh movie was distributed by 4K Media, which is the current incarnation of 4Kids now owned by Konami.

Tonton

Love Live Sunshine 01

There's something about the character designs that doesn't quite click with me, the girls feel younger than the µ's girls or something

Otherwise good start Chika getting inspiration from µ's is great

Also Chika is crazy

elDLIVE 12 END
C9FplvNWAAI02vG.jpg:small

The worst kept secret happened, darn, was hoping the plot would have went in another direction
vega spy

Great anime overall and made me really love elDLIVE alot more than I already had. I love the Reborn cosplays too.

Sterok

Hinako Note 1

Junk Food: The Anime. Only notable thing was that I kept thinking one of the girls was Aikatsu's Yume.

Love Tyrant 1

Decent rapid fire comedy, though dulled a bit since I read a couple chapters some time ago. Probably worth following though.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 1 (Subtitled) Episode 89 – Ra's Anger - Stand Up, Jonouchi!
C9Fs_RkXcAAUTAM.jpg:small

This explanation, what. I cant believe the characters believed it, didnt they feel the wind rise, the temperature drop, the powerful clouds, and characters struck by lightning? How odd.

Good conclusion, to one of the better fights this arc. Battle City Finals is so exciting.

Cornbread78

Devil is a PT'r ep.4
This show, just never stays fun and funny does it? Much more serious tone for most of the show tgan I thought there would be

KraytarJ

Saekano S1
Pretty damn good overall actually. Even the trophy characters like the tsundere childhood friend and overly harsh/yandere (not nearly yandere enough tbh) senpai worked well. Though really the star of the show was Kato, basically perfect responses at every opportunity. Now time for S2.

Also, this show made me realize that while I thought I hated harems, my top 2 anime are actually technically both harems. Which was a sobering realization.

Cornbread78

Also, this show made me realize that while I thought I hated harems, my top 2 anime are actually technically both harems. Which was a sobering realization.

Probably because they are usually juat stupid fun to watch when they are done right. Especially when they do not take themselves seriously at all. I like to watch them just to laugh and have a good time...

Watched a few things last night and today before going to work:

Voices of a Distant Star - To be completely honest I'm more so impressed that Shinkai solo'd everything in this production short of the female VO and Score. The story itself was ok, but pretty damn cluttered TBH.

The Place Promised in Our Early Days - I didn't hate it, but honestly this film kind of bored me. Interesting premise, but I feel like the movie didn't spend enough time building up relationships between the three leads for me to feel invested in the second half. Especially when the second half of the movie got too convoluted for it's own good.

Blood Blockade Battlefront - Watched the first episode during my lunch break. First thing that immediately stood out is the OST is cool as hell. Reminds me a lot of Cowboy Bebop's score. Interesting premise and action as well so I'll be watching this all the way through.

Boruto 1

Yo that was...pretty awesome? Looks like it isn't following the manga / movie plotline, at least not yet. Really like the characters and Boruto is extremely likeable. Himawari is ultra adorable in this show too.

Big Bro Konohamaru is great. Cant wait to see Boruto drive this dude crazy.

Wasnt expecting Boruto to
develop his byakugan this early. I didnt even know he would have eye powers.

Aki-at

Sakura Quest - 1

Outside of the Miyamori from Shirobako look alike and the girls seemingly looking similar to each other, I quite enjoyed this. A pleasent experience and seems to be a show about good fun.

Bahamut: Virgin Soul 1

That was freakin awesome. I'm all in. Times look bleak and its just a matter of time until Kaiser becomes a shamed knight restarting his search for HONORRRR

Fuck that was just great.

Trickster Episode 24 – The Boy Detectives Club END
C9GTF6mXUAA19W5.jpg:small
C9GTgDeXYAEfGx-.jpg:small

10/10 ending this was what I wanted for the whole anime, they finally touched each other!!!
even if just temporarily since he got blasted away upon impact since he wanted to DIE TOGETHER [meaning LIVE eternally] with Hanasaki!!! Canon BL anime are amazing

I cant wait to buy this from Funi best anime of 2016 and 2017.

They even played OP1 after using ED1 last episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom