• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yowamushi Pedal New Generation Episode 12 – Trouble!
C9GcPwjXUAAzpDl.jpg:small
C9GdGtoWAAAPdZC.jpg:small

What, whoa! Awesome!!! I was going to say something about Sohoku but this was so surprising, best braces kun got promoted good and is doing well. He is my favorite Kyoto Fushimi. I hope we see him race for reals.

Sohoku race was awesome even with the flat tire. But I loved the end of race with the new nickname, showoff. Hotshot was so mad.

Syrinx

Kirakira Precure A La Mode 10

OMG those fans.

Burn them all, launch their ashes into the sun, and then blow up the sun.

It's the only way to be mostly sure.

Children Who Chase Lost Voices - Well this was a Discount-Miyazaki movie if I've ever seen one. I get the general them Shinkai was going for here; how to cope with and move past losing a loved one. Unfortunately he told it in the most convoluted way possible. Animation was beautiful though. At least it was better than Tales from Earthsea.

So has anything taken away Alice to Zouroku's crown for worst CG yet? That damn car chase scene was hilarious for all the wrong reasons. I especially loved when the car stopped, but when it went into an inside the car scene they were still passing by horrible CG buildings via the windows.

Re: Creators 01

C9HnN-LXoAAjYtZ.jpg
C9HnN-JXoAE4s-b.jpg

Huge fan of her design. Armored battle dresses are cool in my book.

I find the premise of fantastical people from another world ending up in the real world to be a most interesting premise as oppose to the typical reverse we see. Even more interesting when they seem easily adjusted to the 'real world'.

Tonton

What's the best "trapped in the video game" anime? I've never seen one before but it sounds like a fun premise.
Log Horizon is my favorite (although the second season is a bit weak), Konosuba is a great comedic take on it, Re:Zero is also good

...Tbh I think these are the only ones I watched heh

Ascheroth

Log Horizon is my favorite (although the second season is a bit weak), Konosuba is a great comedic take on it, Re:Zero is also good

...Tbh I think these are the only ones I watched heh

Konosuba and Re:Zero aren't really "trapped in videogame", more regular isekai. Though Konosuba certainly has a videogame-like world.

Still worth watching however.

Overlord is closer to that, but also not that similar to Log Horizon and SAO.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just the second panel with the speech bubble saying "What do you mean they don't make cartoons for perverts!?" in it would tell the joke better.

Heck, condense it to one panel by just placing the text from panel one into a box in panel two.

Rather than saying the same punch line again and again, to the point you start wishing death upon the author in revenge for beating you over the head with such a lame joke.

Cornbread78

Nana ep.27
Dammit Hachi, now your going to hurt your boy
Nobu
. Pretty sweet moment, but it's not going to work out well for her with
Takumi
in the mix. A storm is coming...

Just the second panel with the speech bubble saying "What do you mean they don't make cartoons for perverts!?" in it would tell the joke better.

Heck, condense it to one panel by just placing the text from panel one into a box in panel two.

Rather than saying the same punch line again and again, to the point you start wishing death upon the author in revenge for beating you over the head with such a lame joke.

But surely there's no way to get the joke without him announcing his name!

Tonton

Konosuba and Re:Zero aren't really "trapped in videogame", more regular isekai. Though Konosuba certainly has a videogame-like world.

Still worth watching however.

Overlord is closer to that, but also not that similar to Log Horizon and SAO.
Oh I misread as just trapped in another world
Konosuba does have a videogame like world and likes to play with game tropes however so maybe it half counts :p

Grimoire of Zero 01

I am very curious about where this goes. First episode did a lot to keep me interested, didn't expect tigerman to be ruthless.

Alice & Zoroku 02

I'm liking the pace to this and we're already learning more about Alice and what she's been going through at the lab. Airhead grand-daughter is cool too.

kewlmyc

SAO
Konosuba
Re;Zero
Log Horizon

Konosuba and Re;Zero aren't "trapped in a video game" stories. They're just your typical "reincarnated/transported to a fantasy world with RPG tropes because the author couldn't be bothered coming up with anything more" stories. Though, Konosuba being a comedy series makes it cool, and Re;Zero's only real RPG trope is the save point thing, which is used as a suffering/trauma tool, which is interesting.

Cornbread78

Konosuba and Re;Zero aren't "trapped in a video game" stories. They're just your typical "reincarnated/transported to a fantasy world with RPG tropes because the author couldn't be bothered coming up with anything more" stories. Though, Konosuba being a comedy series makes it cool, and Re;Zero's only real RPG trope is the save point thing, which is used as a suffering/trauma tool, which is interesting.

I just kind of lump them all together. Same goes for Grimgar. Is it a game world? Is it a fantasy setting? I don't think they ever fully clarified, did they?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The worst fanbases are the ones you're in.

And that's not a dig at people's tastes, it's just those are the ones you'll interact with the most.

Maybe Eminem fans are bad, but seeing as I've not interacted with one in over a decade they make no difference.

On the other hand, I regret almost every time I scroll down to the comments for a SiIvaGunner video.

The wahjah is too much.

Not sure if I saw references to it on ANN or here but I watched the first episode of Princess Lover and my overwhelming thought is "Why has so much effort gone into this?". I mean it's standard harem ecchi fare but the background art is good, the animation is dynamic and frequent, the writing is actually good in places and the music is well chosen to boot.

I mean the opening scenes having breakfast with the protagonists parents before they die is genuinely well done, a simple 4 minute scene where they share breakfast and their obvious affections for one another made their deaths feel more real than 99% of dead parents in anime. Of course it is an ecchi harem so I'm sure it will get stupid at some point but there seems to be more effort put in here than seems reasonable for the genre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom