• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future Diary Episodes 1-8

Only thing I knew about this series walking in is Yuno being the Queen of the Yanderes. 8 episodes in and I'm kind of on the fence about how I feel. On the one hand, interesting death game concept. On the other, Yuki is a really frustrating protagonist. Like, i have no qualms with him hoping between how he feels about the basket of crazy, but he's just so dumb. Like trying to hide Yuno in his closet from his mom and then insisting on lying that no one is in his closet.

Ascheroth

Clockwork Planet 02

Huh, enjoyed that more than the first, maybe because I've adjusted my expectations accordingly.
Generally fun, with some eye-roll-worthy typical LN moments, some bad art, (but also some good), etc.
Nothing particularly noteworthy, but I still think the Clockwork Planet itself is a really interesting concept.

Sterok

Love Tyrant 2

Everyone has their own ideas on how to manipulate love, be it through brute force (Kiss Note) or sweet talking people. Lots of approaches here.

Love Tyrant episode 2 - The pace slowed down here, for the better. Even though Seiji is looking fated to be the flat straight man of this series, he at least seems much smarter than the average harem lead.

kewlmyc

I'm just happy that Funimation is getting more and more Kyoani titles. The likelihood of Sentai getting A Silent Voice gets smaller every day.

Frame Arm Girls 02

C9PzlJnXgAAIK8q.jpg
You mean yuri arm girls.

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records 02

She continues to be cute. Teacher unsurprisingly is a badass.

Sakura Quest 02

That a pretty bad ad campaign to get people to buy cookies in a backwater nowhere town.

Cornbread78

Kiss Note ep.2
This show is incredibly stupid and frantic. However, it also makes me laugh for it's stupidness and over-the-top nature. Don't fuck with Yuno 2.0 a.k.a Akane.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Season 1 Episode 10 – Shark Attack

Wow that was brutal, even with a noble cause friendship doesnt let one win in the ZEXAL universe. Im stunned.

I was so hoping Shark would comeback with Yuuma especially after Yuuma said they were friends. How could he go like that :(

Quasar

Kiss Note ep.2
This show is incredibly stupid and frantic. However, it also makes me laugh for it's stupidness and over-the-top nature. Don't fuck with Yuno 2.0 a.k.a Akane.

It continues o remind me of Yamada and the seven Witches. I don't think its just that the male lead looks so similar.

Cornbread78

It continues o remind me of Yamada and the seven Witches. I don't think its just that the male lead looks so similar.

Good comparison, but Kiss Note is a LOT more random and frantic, lol. Yamada was pretty scripted and straightforward,lol.

Kino's Journey ep.1
I can already tell I'm going to dig this show as long as it keeps this sense of discovery and intrigue. Lots of intetesting concepts merged together in this world and I'm looking forward to more with Kino.

Sakurada Reset ep.2

This show is confusing as well on a few different levels. IT is certainly dialog based and they are trying to force you to think about what is going on, more then experience it through their actions. While I can appreciate that presentation style, it isn't answering many questions about how these abilities work and how the "rules" fully apply. I'll keep watching because it is interesting material, but they need a more clear plot direction. Maybe they will add one now that
They just made a 2 year time skip after the girl that was thirsty for the MC dies and they were unable to reset time...

What kind of questions? Besides ones pertaining to
that girl's death

On that note, anyone notice how this episode was labeled "(2/3)"? It seems the conclusion is going to be shown later (possibly through time fuckery lol)

Kino's Journey ep.1

I can already tell I'm going to dig this show as long as it keeps this sense of discovery and intrigue. Lots of intetesting concepts merged together in this world and I'm looking forward to more with Kino.

Good show. Very eerie in the sense that every town has that mysterious aura to it

BeyBlade Burst Episode 11: Spryzen's Despair! (engDub)
C9VYaGHXUAE1y-E.jpg:small
C9VYa--XcAAis6e.jpg:small

Shu continually lying and dodging questions from Valt is going to cause things to go downhill fast once Shus turn is up. Oh well, the injury plot has given us good moments, one of Shu's best smiles and also brainfreeze Shu and Valt.
C9VXq2DXkAACmPw.jpg:small

I hope Wakiya loses via Burst Finish. Go Valtryek.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I told you all that it would happen one day! In the world of anime licensing, anything is possible given enough time.

Unless it's Macross related. Then it will never happen.

Give Harmony Gold enough time to go completely bankrupt and it'll happen. It just might be on a generational timescale.

Cornbread78

What kind of questions? Besides ones pertaining to
that girl's death

That's the most glaring one, but really, why couldn't
he have her reset time and use previous "save" point?
plus, they haven't explained tbe Agency's full authority as of yet and why they had to revert to such tactics, just to allow the other kid working for them
had to get that false permission to use his powers other tgan "belonging" to the agency..

Lots of intetesting things going on in the show, but presentation is really weird..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom