• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Fairy Tail lost me a big while ago. The repetitiveness was just too much.

Natsu could only carry the show so much.

ZmviFUb.gif

Fairy Tail will always have a special place in my heart if only for the fact that it was the first hundred-episode shounen anime I marathoned and the anime that got me back into anime.

Nevertheless, I'll still continue to point out every single flaw with it and burst into laughter every time Mashima hypes something up and fails to deliver.

KraytarJ

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 & 2
Continuing down the KyoAni ladder with… this. I'm not entirely sure what's going on yet. A club was made, there were tropes, a lotta crazy people were there. I'm strangely intrigued even though nothing in particular stood out all that much.

BeyBlade VForce Episode 18
C9Vn7DLXkAAwp80.jpg:small

Burst Finish has come from very humble beginnings, Im impressed it used to look like above and now in Burst it looks awesome.

Honor and whatnot versus Technological Advancement and Science with Cyber Bit Beasts will be an interesting ideal battle in the next few episodes. Hopefully it causes Team Psychic to abandon Dr. B's plans.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The power of friendship carried me through Fairy Tail.

That and I pretty much just ground through a shitload of 3DS JRPGS while watching it.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 1 & 2
Continuing down the KyoAni ladder with... this. I'm not entirely sure what's going on yet. A club was made, there were tropes, a lotta crazy people were there. I'm strangely intrigued even though nothing in particular stood out all that much.

Do you know which order you're watching it in?

Haruhi is one of those anime that is better with the rewatch.

Cornbread78

Reminds me that it's almost time to start the next arc in Fairy Tail.... From the chart Zu posted this is the last major arc (ep.95-110 or so) before a bunch of filler...

The power of friendship carried me through Fairy Tail.
That and I pretty much just ground through a shitload of 3DS JRPGS while watching it.

It's amazing that I've gone through almoat 100 episodes and it still doesn't get old for me. It helps that I take breaks after each major arc as well, lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Reminds me that it's almost time to start the next arc in Fairy Tail.... From the chart Zu posted this is the last major arc (ep.95-110 or so) before a bunch of filler...

The best Fairy Tail filler is almost indistinguishable from the canon content. Mainly because of the strict FT formula.

Dali

I dont see how people watched it when the episodes were still releasing. The repeating episodes would have infuriated me if I was waiting all week for like 30 seconds of new show. Thankfully I didn't get into the show until well after everything was released so I could just skip to the end of each episode.

zulux21

I dont see how people watched it when the episodes were still releasing. The repeating episodes would have infuriated me if I was waiting all week for like 30 seconds of new show. Thankfully I didn't get into the show until well after everything was released so I could just skip to the end of each episode.

huh... it just took a 5 week hiatus in the middle of airing the second season. I haven't a clue what you are talking about :p

given the statement about what they watched they seem to be watching in chronological order and not broadcast order... which really is the better way to watch if you want to watch season 2 and the movie as well as the movie makes a fine finale.

I mean the broadcast order was cool when you were there, but meh... people are to hung up on that.

zulux21

I've only watched Twin Star Exorcist and Fairy Tail for shounen, so I got nothing else for ya. Just find another long running show to keep you busy while you wait, lol.

How's Inuyasha? Always wondered if that one is any good...

Inuyasha is solid for the first 40 eps or so.

after that it's a horrible mess of filler and plot points here and there for the rest of the first series (well until near the end where it decides to start real plot again and then just ends) and the second series actually goes to damn fast @_@

Thoraxes

Renai Boukun - 02

I'm just really glad they kept all of Guri's deformed/off-model expressions in the anime. Having that contrast with the others was always fun.

I've only watched Twin Star Exorcist and Fairy Tail for shounen, so I got nothing else for ya. Just find another long running show to keep you busy while you wait, lol.

How's Inuyasha? Always wondered if that one is any good...

I'm at 116 of Inuyasha, it's my exercise anime. But I already more or less watched it partly when I was younger and it was passing on tv. It's a fun show.

Reborn has been my favorite long running shonen(100+) anime so far. I highly recommend it Corn.

Close to finishing A Certain Scientific Railgun 1st season; hmm, whether to marathon season 2 or start something completely new... does the second live up to the quality of the first?

zulux21

I'm at 116 of Inuyasha, it's my exercise anime. But I already more or less watched it partly when I was younger and it was passing on tv. It's a fun show.

Reborn has been my favorite long running shonen(100+) anime so far. I highly recommend it Corn.

I still need to watch reborn sometime... I put it off figuring Viz would release it with a dub, but alas they just left it to die.

my favorite long running shonen series totally depends on what I want from it.

Dragon ball has my fondest memories.
One Piece is likely my overall favorite.
conan is the best to just randomly watch
ect :p

hmmm apperently reborn has rumors of a remake coming. doubt they will amount to anything but that would be a good way to get me to watch it :p

You gotta where that Endless Eight survivor badge with pride lol

I mean the broadcast order was cool when you were there, but meh... people are to hung up on that.

With the second season, I definitely think the Chronological order is better. It's how Funimation had the episodes ordered. Like, wasn't the original reasons the episodes were aired out of order was to give the show an actual climax for its final episode?

Magi4 Episode 12 END

Unicorn Jr. ended up having my favorite moves at our concert.
tumblr_onnz5mIKVH1scr8d9o2_500.gif

tumblr_onnz5mIKVH1scr8d9o6_500.gif

Otherwise, the male idol last arc Typhoon curse struck again here just as it did in B-pro, almost felt like skipping it here because it is always the same, something there just to add additional minutes to the runtime so we dont get a full concert...oh well. I did love some of the sillier aspects of it, like the male fan of Magi4, or Atom getting Unicorn Jr and LagrangePoint to kiss the CD to send in the space time capsule, that made me chuckle. And I did like how we got more Tsubasa worrying over Atom moments.

Good anime, hope we get more Magi4. We Me was good too.

I still need to watch reborn sometime... I put it off figuring Viz would release it with a dub, but alas they just left it to die.

hmmm apperently reborn has rumors of a remake coming. doubt they will amount to anything but that would be a good way to get me to watch it :p

My dream never fulfilled. :(

I wouldn't mind a remake! The old show did have some *extra fat* .

All these people talking about Persona...

...I'm willing to bet there's not a single girl in that franchise who is huge and could snap my neck with her thighs.

I mean what's even the point?

Joe Molotov

...I'm willing to bet there's not a single girl in that franchise who is huge and could snap my neck with her thighs.

I'm mean, I'm sure the robot girl Aigis could. She probably weighs a lot too.

zulux21

With the second season, I definitely think the Chronological order is better. It's how Funimation had the episodes ordered. Like, wasn't the original reasons the episodes were aired out of order was to give the show an actual climax for its final episode?

well it was partially that and partially fit with the chaos of Haruhi in general, but yeah, if you are watching the whole series it's gotta be chronological at this time.

actually I think the bar tender in the more adult district could do that from persona 5 :p

beyond that though... there is a robot girl in one of the games, she likely could be game for that and with some mods she could become bigger... most likely :p

KraytarJ

huh... it just took a 5 week hiatus in the middle of airing the second season. I haven't a clue what you are talking about :p

given the statement about what they watched they seem to be watching in chronological order and not broadcast order... which really is the better way to watch if you want to watch season 2 and the movie as well as the movie makes a fine finale.

Yeah I'm watching in Funimation's order, so I guess that's chronological? My plan is to watch it all for sure, it's interesting going back to something (I think?) was huge from a time when anime basically wasn't really on my radar past a few things I grew up with.

zulux21

Yeah I'm watching in Funimation's order, so I guess that's chronological? My plan is to watch it all for sure, it's interesting going back to something (I think?) was huge from a time when anime basically wasn't really on my radar past a few things I grew up with.

I can't wait to see your reactions to a certain seemingly endless arc.
Or you can completely fuck it up like I did, lol.

yeah if I am recalling right I have no clue what the hell order you were watching lol.

Thoraxes

Welp, there you have it.

Shame it's not gonna be up the bitrate standards a show that looks that good deserves though. I'm on the fence as to whether or not i'll get it based on how their encodes of Free! are when I pick that up later on, but maybe i'll do it just because Kyoani? That and it'll be dirt-cheap, though i'd have no problem paying more money for an actually good encode.

thisa48sc1.png

Narag

Welp, there you have it.

Shame it's not gonna be up the bitrate standards a show that looks that good deserves though. I'm on the fence as to whether or not i'll get it based on how their encodes of Free! are when I pick that up later on, but maybe i'll do it just because Kyoani? That and it'll be dirt-cheap, though i'd have no problem paying more money for an actually good encode.

thisa48sc1.png

Didn't the Nichijou BDs turn out okay except for that one scene with banding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom