• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Didn't the Nichijou BDs turn out okay except for that one scene with banding?

The more simplistic and brighter color palette of Nichjijou definitely helped maintain it's quality even with a Funimation-level encode. Hyouka and its rich visuals I don't think would fare nearly as well with something like a 23k kbps encode that Funimation usually does. If they could get their release something closer to like, ~30k (which happened on the BBB finale episode BD release from them) it'd be much better for those issues. The lack of movement helps, but I really would like a pristine image and flawless lighting (free of banding), both of which will definitely suffer from their usual rates should the be used on a title like that.

Though, i'm like, an enthusiast when it comes to anime BDs and encoding quality, so maybe not as many normal people will care.

Either way, expect the announcement either this weekend at a con, or on Monday when their monthly announcements should drop.

P.S. I'm still waiting for Honeycomb BDs.

All Out!! Episode 25 END
tumblr_oo9n92Y4ND1s0p1zpo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oo9n92Y4ND1s0p1zpo5_1280.jpg

Maybe not have been the best sports anime around but it was still interesting. I ended up liking it alot once it went deep into some of the characters. One thing I liked most was that the anime handled an aspect of sports anime that some series seem to perhaps overlook (people quitting after losing motivation, or even just losing motivation as third years when they realize its it, I think it was strongest in the 24th episodes when one of the players basically just gave up).

Lots of teams were good, Hana is probably my favorite, on Jinzo, Oharano was best, followed by Ebumi,who seemed to become more of a background character in this second half, odd.

1st ED had best visuals, 2nd ED had best song.

KraytarJ

Haruhi 3
So basically one of three possibilities exist: this is just a gathering of chunnis, or everyone is fucking with Kyon, or things have just taken quite the turn.

Also Funimation's PS4 is hot garbage. Dear lord it's bad.

zulux21

Haruhi 3
So basically one of three possibilities exist: this is just a gathering of chunnis, or everyone is fucking with Kyon, or things have just taken quite the turn.

Also Funimation's PS4 is hot garbage. Dear lord it's bad.

the ps3 app is way worse, and the roku app has issues on most of the older videos.

funimation in general needs to step up their streaming game as it's not great right now.
that being said I like my legal dubs so I continue to sub.

Tsuki ga Kirei 2

This show is the best (outside of the pointless post-credits skits). I love how low-key and realistic the character interactions and minor drama feel.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
the ps3 app is way worse, and the roku app has issues on most of the older videos.

funimation in general needs to step up their streaming game as it's not great right now.

PS3 app used to be genuinely good before the switch over to the unified one. Now it's garbage. lots of audio bugs, slow menus, etc. I only use it because I'm lazy.

Breath of the Wild

Breath of the Wild takes a giant leap out into the unknown for the franchise, and while it doesn't stick the landing perfectly, the arc was so impressive you don't mind. If I had one noticeable issue it would be with the story. Not that I disliked it, quite the opposite, I wish there was more. I wish got to see more of Hyrule before it was destroyed, as well as
Ganondorf before he seemingly lost all control. I assume that's what happened.
Also Zelda is probably the most realized Zelda to date, and she's great.

Spare thoughts.

-Everything about Gerudo town is awesome.
-The Great Plateau is one of, if not the greatest videogame tutorial.
-I was never personally bothered by weapons breaking, but I can see why that could be divisive.
-I groaned every time I got a combat challenge shrine.

zulux21

PS3 app used to be genuinely good before the switch over to the unified one. Now it's garbage. lots of audio bugs, slow menus, etc. I only use it because I'm lazy.

oh I agree. I had the funimation sub for a while and let it lapse for a while. when I used it before it was solid and worked well.

I signed up again due to them picking up the simuldub pace and the new app is garbage.

I got a roku stick to ideally fix it, and when it works it works fine, but the video on roku loves to just glitch out with the funimation app. seems to be something with the encoding that they might have figured out because I really only have issues on older videos, but they haven't fixed the older videos at all.

plus the closed caption doesn't work well at all which is sad.

Chindogg

Kiss Note ep.2
This show is incredibly stupid and frantic. However, it also makes me laugh for it's stupidness and over-the-top nature. Don't fuck with Yuno 2.0 a.k.a Akane.

As long as they follow the manga the series gets more absurd and more hilarious.

If you like dumb harem trash at all this series is for you.

Breath of the Wild

Breath of the Wild takes a giant leap out into the unknown for the franchise, and while it doesn't stick the landing perfectly, the arc was so impressive you don't mind. If I had one noticeable issue it would be with the story. Not that I disliked it, quite the opposite, I wish there was more. I wish got to see more of Hyrule before it was destroyed, as well as
Ganondorf before he seemingly lost all control. I assume that's what happened.
Also Zelda is probably the most realized Zelda to date, and she's great.

Spare thoughts.

-Everything about Gerudo town is awesome.
-The Great Plateau is one of, if not the greatest videogame tutorial.
-I was never personally bothered by weapons breaking, but I can see why that could be divisive.
-I groaned every time I got a combat challenge shrine.
It doesn't stick it perfectly yet it's still the best Zelda game for me

zulux21

just watched the power ranges vs voltron death battle.

turns out the next one will be fire fist ace (one piece) vs natsu (fairy tail).

taking bets?

natsu should have it easily. ace can't even take a little magma while natsu would just eat ace >.>

Kenka Bancho Otome – Girl Beats Boys 1
download.png

Geez, you know it's a rough school when someone just spray paints the word devil on the wall.

A story about a girl enrolling a troubled school to...beat up hunky guys so she....-I don't know. I couldn't follow it.

ibyea

Banned
Your Name
I managed to watch this in the movie theater. Limited run sucks, I had to drive 30 minutes to get there!

So, the movie itself, I think it's really good. It is Shinkai's best work, at least in comparison to the other two movies I saw. I got to say, I thought I knew what the movie was and then it caught me by surprise halfway through. There is one thing that was a bit different. The boy in the girl's life aspect was relegated to a montage, and I feel like I sort of missed out on that part of the story.

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism 02

While this is one of those OP MC stories, I enjoy how much he plays around with the girls he's fighting.

Gin no Guardian 02

Still not sure where this is going. But we know the MC has a crush on a girl and is poor yet wastes money MMOs.

Persona 5 5th Dungeon

Ann still best girl. Course I made her my waifu so of course she is.

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism 02

While this is one of those OP MC stories, I enjoy how much he plays around with the girls he's fighting.

Gin no Guardian 02

Still not sure where this is going. But we know the MC has a crush on a girl and is poor yet wastes money MMOs.

Persona 5 5th Dungeon

Ann still best girl. Course I made her my waifu so of course she is.
You and I don't look eye to eye on much, but at least we agree on best waifu

BluWacky

Going by the trailer, this seems like a much more "restrained" work, storyboarding/direction wise, than I was expecting going by the director.

This is going to sound a bit more patronising than I mean it to be, but the film's story is a little more high-concept than the visuals alone would indicate if you listen to the dialogue and read the titles on-screen. SPOILERS -
it's Sliding Doors but with pre-teen romance

I've watched a bit of the original live action version (directed and written by Shunji Iwai, who anime fans may know from Hana and Alice but has also done several other pretty big live action movies) and it seems to be lifting fairly heavily from that; obviously not a shot-for-shot remake but clearly quite influenced by it.

What strikes me as being a little bit odd, however, is that the anime feels like it's aged up the characters. Perhaps it's because the boys are voiced by adults instead of being played by actual boys with unbroken voices, but tonally it seems a little different to me as a result.

Haruhi 3Also Funimation's PS4 is hot garbage. Dear lord it's bad.

At least they released the app at all in your territory, streaming via the website or via the Android app sucked for FunimationNow.ie too, constant res drops, stuttering and pauses. Once they partnered with Crunchy I unsubbed as there was no comms or any signs of improvement.

Jarmel

Banned
So unless our intellectual property and its copyrights are treated with respect and properly dealt with, we cannot hope for the slightest of possibility of making the sequels for Under the Dog.
hahahahaha

duckroll

Is this a backer message? "Don't aid and abet pirates or we won't make a sequel!"? I'm not sure that will have the desired effect.

That's not even the best part.

As for the PayPal refund issue, it is not yet resolved for the following reasons:

- In order to prevent money laundering and illegal use of accounts, PayPal uses computerized automatic account management system. This means that it is not possible to loosen the security for our single account, and PayPal staff do not know either how the system works (such as amount of money or number of transfers) when it decides to lock an account.

- And for that same reason, PayPal does not know how or when the unlocking of an account occurs.

We have already submitted our proof of identification that was requested by PayPal, as well as explained our usage and plan/schedule of how to use our account. However, they have noted it’s all controlled by their computer system, so they do not have a solution.

We will keep working hard to resolve the situation and report our progress to our backers.

LMAO!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kado Episode 2:

I suppose this can be boiled down to and now we know the rest of the story, well, aside from the actual motivation and desires of the alien, those are still being hidden for the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom