• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Future Diary - Completed

What a frustrating experience. It's not a bad show, but it definitely had some glaring flaws. I liked the Death Game aspect and that the show had some actual "sliding alliances" unlike something like Fate/Zero. On the other end, it got really repetitive that this was supposed to be a Battle Royale and yet everyone seemed to target the main characters and conveniently they would all take turns trying to take a crack at them. It led to a lack of unpredictability.

The romance...yeah. All I'll say is that I really disliked how the OVA try to tack on a happy ending for the two characters because they didn't deserve it.

blurr

Sakura Quest 02

This has been going predictably, not necessarily in a good way but I can't entirely complain because I've fallen for Koharu! It's always charming to see her. It briefly touches on various characters in the village who give us an idea about their personality but there's little beyond the main character who manage to interest me so far.

Still, that isn't to say this episode was bad, its mundane tendencies have more to do with its setting and/or the fact that it's just starting up as opposed, Hanasaku Iroha or Shirobako who have somewhat of an establishment for the work they do.

Now that I think about it, it does remind me of the time my dad's company had a contract with the state's tourism board they took a lot of videos on various tribes in the region and their culture. I had to go through some of them and it was a bit of chore at that time.

What a frustrating experience. It's not a bad show, but it definitely had some glaring flaws. I liked the Death Game aspect and that the show had some actual "sliding alliances" unlike something like Fate/Zero. On the other end, it got really repetitive that this was supposed to be a Battle Royale and yet everyone seemed to target the main characters and conveniently they would all take turns trying to take a crack at them. It led to a lack of unpredictability.

The romance...yeah. All I'll say is that I really disliked how the OVA try to tack on a happy ending for the two characters because they didn't deserve it.

Akise Aru is still the best,.
tumblr_m3c3u4pKUI1run5sco1_500.gif

caliph95

Whoa, wha? They never said or implied that! Dammit, how did I miss it if they did, lol.
I think it was supposed to be ambiguous in Japanese it was obvious in english though. It's probably not a big from like the few episodes i watched and what i heard Probably wrong

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 34

L525iP0.png

0e0QMQ5.png

I don't dislike Allenby but it's clear she's a bit too 'perfect' for Domon. #Team Rain.

The upcoming battles with the Shuffle Alliance should be fun.

Crocodile

Nah Future Diary is a straight up bad show. But in a "this is a decent train-wreck for a group watch kind of show".

Cornbread78

I think it was supposed to be ambiguous in Japanese it was obvious in english though. It's probably not a big from like the few episodes i watched and what i heard Probably wrong
It was probably intentionally ambiguous in the first few episodes, I don't think it actually becomes explicitly stated until later. Not that it's really that big of a deal regardless.

Yeah, I'm fine with it, but it actually adds additional context to that moment with the guy from the first episode...

Nah Future Diary is a straight up bad show. But in a "this is a decent train-wreck for a group watch kind of show".

It did it's job for our Let's Watch, lol.

Seiniyta

Kino's Journey ep.2
Damn Kino is an all around great guy and a one man army...

You're in for a good one.

It's probably one of my favourite anime.

Boruto 01

Pretty good start, though a bit of a contrast with Shippuden ending with a wedding and 30 seconds into Boruto Naruto might or might not already be dead lol. Pretty good animation and I hope it'll be more like the Original Naruto series rather then shippuden .

Qurupeke

Persona 5 [END]

Better than anything this season and it has anime cutscenes, so I better be able to vote for it in AOTY.

Anyway, fantastic game. Some very annoying dungeons here and there, though every single of them was interesting. Also, excellent characters, I liked everyone except Morgana and a certain blond gorilla. The story was also really good with several really interesting themes, though the best stuff is on the finale. Without saying too much, the ending gave me some Fate/Zero flashbacks... for several reasons.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mobile Fighter G Gundam 36

iyJp1Wk.png

I almost spittaked at Neo-France's snail garage.

The king of France's reasons for not killing George are...iffy to say the least.

Brutal

George is still a top contender for winning the Gundam Fight. You don't fuck with your chance of ruling the earth sphere for four years.

JulianImp

On the other hand, I've watched up to ep 17 of the old Berserk, and its been good so far. Griffith's assassination did take me by surprise though, mostly since he was shown as a really keen man who made even humpty dumpty feel insecure, and yet he didn't appear to notice anything was amiss when that suspicious-looking guy showed up with a single cup and made a couple weird faces while handing it over to Griffith.

Akuma lending his help to Guts in order to turn his fight around and complete the takeover of the castle was pretty weird, and obviously points towards some kind of ulterior motive... it's actually pretty nice to be kept in the dark regarding Griffith's necklace, the demon's goals and just what was written in the letter humpty dumpty received, since it leads to a feeling of uneasiness in what would otherwise be the story of Guts and company fighting against impossible odds and coming out on top time after time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom