• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Tempted to double dip
C9eXkRJVoAA__GV.jpg:small

hmmm... if against all odds it gets down to the $75 range or so I might be willing to bite on it because i really liked the show.

that being said if it shows up on netfilx I will do a rewatch for sure.

edit: I didn't see in this thread that yamada kun and the 7 witches had it's dub cast announced.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nd-the-seven-witches-english-dub-cast/.114852

hmmm... if against all odds it gets down to the $75 range or so I might be willing to bite on it because i really liked the show.

that being said if it shows up on netfilx I will do a rewatch for sure.

edit: I didn't see in this thread that yamada kun and the 7 witches had it's dub cast announced.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...nd-the-seven-witches-english-dub-cast/.114852
No Tia Ballard :'(

Also just discovered that she's listed as Rinko for Oremonogatari dub. Might have to rewatch if there's a dubbed version out there

Did anyone end up getting the Wolf's Rain blu-ray set? I can not find comparison screenshots for it anywhere. Been itching to rewatch it.

Chase17

Attack on Titan 28
Really been enjoying this season. Great reaction from Connie with the titan talking. I don't remember if Ymir and Christa had a role in the previous season but I guess they are important now.

One Piece 784

Don't like the sound effects for Germa 66

Wonder how many episodes the forest will be.

Boruto 2

Lower production values aside It was a fun episode. The Boruto fight was full of cool tactics and this episode showed me once again why I like him.

Inojin is a pretty cool kid, personality wise I like him a lot. Iwabe though...I aint much of a fan so far. Hopefully he developps into a better character as times goes on since I suppise that him and Denki are going to be the more present characters.

Also Mitsuki when? He's the coolest of the new gen! He better show up soon.

The Eccentric Family S2 ep2

Oh. This was good.
This had so much the Eccentric Family tone I liked in the first season. The mix of fables, myths, mystique, real world, irreverence and seriousness is great. I love how they never clarify what exactly is the Friday Club, though I imagine it's private meeting of 'movers and shakers' of the supernatural world.

Note. The ex-boss from the new shady character, is the powerful bad guy who previously appeared at the end of the first season. This guy, Jurojin:

And I think the concept of painting a Buddha in a hell painting because it was too frightening or too real so the sinners had a chance of redemption was a real thing, because I read or watched some manga/anime with the same idea, I doubt it's coincidence.

Also, it was amusing to see so many character exclaiming they wanted Benten to come back. They are like the fans of the show, lol.

That said, it wasn't exactly perfect, you can notice it's an adaption of a novel and they had to cut corners here and there, sometimes the transition to the new scenes are confusing because you don't know what Yasaburo purpose is or who are some characters.

phaze said:
So help me out here a bit, Kaisei's no show is a running gag right ?

Yep. She only appeared normally in the last episode of the first season. In fact it's a bit strange they are using the same running gag, you would think the cat is already out of the bad, we already have seen her before.

Eccentric Family S2 02

So help me out here a bit, Kaisei's no show is a running gag right ? My memory of the first season is bit fuzzy on specifics.

Yes, the first season carefully avoided showing her clearly.

Not that I've sampled many spring shows but so far, it's Atom and this vying for the best OP title.

It's worth noting that the Eccentric Family S2 OP was put together by 10GAUGE, the group of video editors who also handled the OPs for the Bungo Stray Dogs flashback arc. You can see the similarities in how they integrate the credits into the environment.

phaze

The Eccentric Family S2 ep2

Note. The ex-boss from the new shady character, is the powerful bad guy who previously appeared at the end of the first season. This guy, Jurojin:

That's helpful cause I had no idea who they were talking about.;p

And I think the concept of painting a Buddha in a hell painting because it was too frightening or too real so the sinners had a chance of redemption was a real thing, because I read or watched some manga/anime with the same idea, I doubt it's coincidence.

Miss Hokusai had something like that IIRC

Yep. She only appeared normally in the last episode of the first season. In fact it's a bit strange they are using the same running gag, you would think the cat is already out of the bad, we already have seen her before.

That's weird, I agree.

It's worth noting that the Eccentric Family S2 OP was put together by 10GAUGE, the group of video editors who also handled the OPs for the Bungo Stray Dogs flashback arc. You can see the similarities in how they integrate the credits into the environment.

Also in their photo realistic background art !

edit: Wait, this joke doesn't even work cause Bungou's OPs don't seem to have used actual photos as backgrounds. My bad.
ip2gaw8upjlu.gif

Qurupeke

The Eccentric Family S2 2

The new character is easily the most eccentric so far, just when I thought Akadama's son would be the weirdest addition to the cast this season. I really liked the tone in this episode, Yasaburo was for once a lot less confident than I'm used to see him usually.

Defuser

DanMachi Sword Oratoria ep1

Why is this spinoff LN getting animated?
Danmachi isn't exactly selling To Aru Majutsu no Index numbers which makes it more puzzling why a spinoff animated. I don't even think this spinoff will do Railgun numbers.

Who even want to watch Ais.

Jarmel

Banned
Sleepless in Seattle: Sakuracon Part 1 Panel Report
Filthy birds. Well, I went to Sakuracon and here is my writeup. Lines with a - in front of them refer to answers from the guests to questions from the attendees. I apologize about the formatting but it's hard to write paragraphs when the topics jump around so much.

Shikidouji Panel 1-
[While she was explaining the images, she was also answering a number of questions.]

When she creates a drawing, she starts with a digital sketch. She then considers what things she wants to draw in the image, such as in the backgrounds. After the sketch, she will then make a pen outline. She uses between 5 and 10 layers depending on the work.
-She uses Clip Studio to draw.
-To draw all the illustrations for a single light novel, the process takes place over a few days to a week however the actual drawing part is only several hours.
-When she receives a request she asks whether they prefer digital or hand-drawn.
-For FMP illustrations if a character is holding a gun, she might take a replica gun and hold it in front of a mirror for reference. She also might look at things in books or on the internet for poses.
[I also want to clear this up early in case people start spreading this around] Shikidouji at the end of her panel said that Gatoh was writing an original scenario for the upcoming anime. I asked her after the panel was over what she meant by original and she seemed to realize she mispoke as said that he was still following the novels, just with some minor deviations. Some of the other news I already mentioned on Twitter. I guess I can add this part though that I got from her at dinner later that night; Full Metal Panic IV's release format will follow another Xebec show I've written a lot about in the past. The ending point of the cour is where fans are generally predicting it to be. I've tried to be as vague as possible so I don't get anybody into trouble but I think I've gotten the point across.

-She uses screen-tones from the software.
-For the first half of FMP it didn't have a mechanical designer so she was doing it herself. She receives information from the anime mechanical designer and uses it as reference.
-When creating designs she uses her imagination while reading the text.
One way to distinguish characters is hair color and silhouette.
-Her favorite part of the drawing process is coloring. She uses colored ink when drawing by hand, via a brush.
--
Yasuhiro Irie Panel-
[This panel was really impressive in that while Irie was answering questions from the audience, he was also drawing a 30 second short live. That meant he was doing over 100 frames live. He was using preselected audience members as models. I don't have the finished video as I had to run to the Kubota panel but someone probably uploaded it by now.]

-Halloween Pajama (video shown at Sakuracon) is oriented around Halloween because there aren't many Halloween themed anime out there.
-He's 'into' Italian now due to traveling to Italy and enjoying himself. He's trying to incorporate Italian into Halloween Pajama and initially tried to translate it himself but he has a friend who speaks Italian and told him he was doing a bad job. So the friend is now responsible for the Italian bits.
-When adapting FMA, Irie was really concerned about being sick especially due to how long the broadcast was. However when it started broadcasting, he got sick anyway and needed to be hospitalized for a week. Thankfully the production went smoothly while he was away, but he was also questioning his role if everything was still progressing without him.
-Most difficult part about the industry is the need to keep drawing constantly for days.
-One of the most difficult cuts for him as an animator was the Soul Eater OP where there was a long scene with a moving background. Most likely this one.
-Uses Clip Studio Paint to animate.
-Looked at a number of real Ping Pong matches and saw players sweating a lot and so tried to simulate it, the sweat was less for sexy and more for realism.
-He thinks it's a good thing that robots are drawn by CG due to the complexity of the moving parts and designs. There are certain aspects hand-drawn is better than CG though.
-For Ping Pong Girls due to the shortage of animators, it was hard getting staff before airing. So they had to allocate animators for what they were good at. If someone was good at motion then they got put on matches and vice versa if someone was good at SOL scenes then they got put on that. It was difficult appointing appropriate staff for appropriate scenes.
-The experience of doing imageboards for Bebop helped him out later as a director.
-He tried keeping FMA as close to the manga, although for Ping Pong Girls he added more matches. He consulted with the author and got his approval to do so.
-Inspired to become an animator after watching Nausicaa. He had seen Future Boy Conan as well and was impressed that the same person could make both works. He felt he had seen the person behind the camera and so, wanted to become that individual.
-Loved Prince of Egypt and was envious of the fact they were able to do that with hand-drawn animation. In Japan they don't get many frames to animate and so loved that they were able to use that many frames.
-Can’t handle two projects at the same time as he’s not good at multitasking.
-For Code:Breaker it was difficult keeping track of all the characters and making them all unique when writing the script. It was fun though.
-He has worked on a number of mecha anime and so wants to direct a robot anime and has a number of ideas in his head.
--
Chikashi Kubota Panel-
0TMj7fB.jpg

I didn't take any photos from the panel so here is a random person's shikishi instead.
[This panel started by someone on stage asking a number of predecided questions, mainly about his background and early work. It then went into a Q&A.]

He interned at Xebec for a year while doing school. First time he had credits was the movie version of Nadesico. He did inbetweens where Rudy was running in a skirt and his superiors got mad at him because her skirt was too short.

He doesn't think of himself as an animator with a strong style as he will try to match the animation style of the show. He assisted Norio Matsumoto on Naruto. Very cool guy and very demanding. So he ended up working very hard on Naruto. He was happy to just assist Matsumoto and Matsumoto helped on One Punch Man even though he's not in the credits. [Matsumoto also might have helped Kubota on Gurren Lagann but the translator mumbled this part and I wasn't overly sure what other show he helped Kubota on but the word said sounded like Gurren]

-One Punch Man's opening took about a week of working night and day before broadcast. The first episode had a production time of 8 months while the last episode had to be finished in 6 weeks. Kubota panicked and was worried that they weren't going to meet the deadline.
-Ishihama found Yori-san, a Pixiv artist who was the artist behind the character designs for From The New World and consulted with her for the anime.
-In the conception stage, he was talking weekly with One-Sensei and Murata(via Skype). Murata was very picky about which studio was animating the manga and who would be doing the designs and animation. Supposedly was very 'hot' about it. He generally approved the designs though as is.
-Kubota felt that he wasn't used to drawing the characters in episode 1. He was both drawing and researching at the same time for early episodes so the characters don’t look as polished as later episodes despite the longer production time. For the finale though he didn't have time to research as he was just drawing.
-Didn’t read the novel for The Girl Who Leapt through Time. His impression of the live action movie was "Wow this is old".
-Doesn’t know when to quit or stop when working so he runs into trouble with the production scheduling.
-Space Dandy was such a fun series to work on due to the amount of freedom given. He feels that if you're working in the Japanese animation industry, it would be hard to do what you want to do with complete freedom and that there's usually a lot of restrictions in place. That's why Space Dandy was so unusual given the freedom it gave creators.
-[This question was something about Komatsu(?) and Daicon, being that manga artists and animators approach anime differently, and Gainax. This was a really technical question about what Kubota thought of the different 'approaches' to anime in the past.] If someone is coming from the manga world into animating, their interpretation is different. While Tezuka was going into anime from manga, he was supported by people in the anime industry from Toei so his works don’t feel ‘different’. He felt that Gainax was the first animation otaku company that loved all those different approaches.
--
Shikidouji Panel 2-
[She answered questions for most of the panel but ended up drawing in the last fifteen minutes. She's an extremely fast drawer considering she's an illustrator. I've seen animators who were slower than her.]

-She doesn't feel she intentionally shifted her style over the years and that it was a natural evolution along with technological changes.
-She sat in the character design meetings along with Horuichi and helped create the lesbian twins from scratch, in regards to character design.
-Her favorite scene she drew was in the 11th or 12th FMP novel where Tessa is kissing the ground. Second favorite scene is a two page illustration in the last novel. She and Gatoh sat down and shared their ideas of what the image was to be and they were both shocked that their ideas matched up.
-Her FMP sketches are generally accepted as is.
-She drew some stuff for Super Robot (the game). She does some illustrations for things not in the novels when consulted by the anime staff.
-Bonta-kun is the easiest to draw and robots are the hardest.

*Short Video of Shikidouji Drawing

[I'm putting this separately as it's important] Someone also asked her whether she had faced discrimination being a female in a largely male industry. She said no. She felt that the anime industry was oriented around results in that the best person for the job, got the job. She had never felt obstructed due to her gender. There was a number of females loudly grumbling about that and apparently she heard as she asked the audience whether that was the case in America. As you can imagine there was a good chunk of the audience that said no. She said she was honestly shocked by that.
--
Thunderbolt Fantasy Panel-
[This panel started by someone on stage asking a number of pre-decided questions about the show before opening briefly up for Q&A at the end. The staff present also talked about the design process of the show along with some minor tidbits about the upcoming seasons.]

Two things that came from anime were larger eyes and that the hairstyle had to be unique. They consulted with Goodsmile Company on the designs. Also the eyes have to be visible through bangs as it makes the characters cuter (There was a lot of repeated mentions of making the characters cuter). Since the eyes are large, the shape of the eyes was important along with which colors. They ended up spending a lot time choosing which colors for the eyes as it makes the characters cuter.

Dān Héng's dying strike wasn't in the script so that ended up being the moment in which Urobuchi was impressed and felt PILI was going to do a good job.

The boat room scene was hard for the puppeteer as it was narrow and he couldn't see the characters.

Seki Tomokazu auditioned for all the main roles. It was actually difficult deciding which role he was going to do but they wanted to make the villain appealing. Urobuchi was happy that Tomokazu was able to bring out the character's personality. Urobuchi is really impressed with him.

Urobuchi was also impressed with Sawano after Aldnoah Zero and so they waited about a year for him to be available.
nrn1Pqk.jpg
AtU20JI.jpg

She has scorpions in her hair while he gets glasses. Who got the better deal?
[I should mention I'm not sure if the above designs are for the second season or the spinoff season. There's the number 2 in the title but they appear along with some regal looking figure in the PV for the spinoff. The guy on the right is also a villain (this is very obvious anyway).]

Urobuchi wants the show to carry on for awhile so he is considering how to structure the second season.

-About the same cost to make the show compared to making an anime.
-Dragon in the opening was Setsumusho.
-Can’t have puppets wearing space suits as puppeteer’s arms are inside of them and they need the flexibility so costumes need to be cloth.
In anime, directors would yell at Urobuchi about the length of the lines(dialogue). For puppets however this isn't the case as puppeters prefer long lines as they can do body motions while 'talking'.

Urobuchi ends up writing the climax first. First thing he decides is how characters die. He then works backwards from their death scenes. There is never the case where he writes a character and in the middle he decides they need a death scene, it's always decided in advance.

*New Thunderbolt Fantasy PV for upcoming season
--
Premiere of Satomi-Shinjuku War of the 8 Warriors
[Here is the first minute and a half of Satomi. No audio though. The 15 minute CG short, by Bones, was about Satomi avenging her brother after his hand gets cut off by an attacker. She fights off some minions before fighting some ex-boyfriend character who kissed her. Apparently he was part of a separate family, there are 8 total, that fight each other in order to please some evil deity who is using this process as a form of revenge. She does well enough to make him back off and breaks his sword. They show another family that is kendo/martial arts related in which the grandfather has lost his eye. It cuts to Satomi on a highschool rooftop being chastised by her friend. But wait, it turns out that her 'friend' is the evil deity. So Satomi is held up by a female in another family and given information on her brother's attacker. She goes to fight said attacker who eventually transforms into some Hulk-like monster out of Ninja Scroll. She gets beat on for awhile but regains her sword and kills him. Storyboarding and action was pretty decent for a CGI work. I wouldn't mind watching a TV show made from this.]

Irie made Satomi as an experiment but he always wanted to make an anime with swordfighting in it. Yoshiaki Kawajiri was a big influence. There was a monstrously large man at the end who Satomi fights and his proportions was taken from Kawajiri. One of the guests described it as something that Madhouse of old would have produced and he agreed.
The original version was thirty minutes but Minami got upset. It was possible that the concern was that the project wasn't going to be finished as a lot of CG stuff wasn't being finished at the time so he had to shorten it. The anime was done in 24 fps, he was curious about the workload. It was done in XSI(?) which isn't available anymore. The rendering process was faster than he expected, took a few minutes to a couple of seconds to render. For the beginning, he created a city model so when repositioning the camera, he didn't have to recreate the background every time.

-Nothing really planned but Minami-san after hearing there would be a screening started talking about it so something might happen if the future, or not. He would like to make it into an one-cour TV series but it has some violence and sex in it. If he does get a green light on it, he would like to use the same cast as in the short. He's not sure if it would be in 2D or CGI. Here's some of the staff (I didn't get the first credits page although Irie storyboarded and directed it):

Danmachi isn't exactly selling To Aru Majutsu no Index numbers which makes it more puzzling why a spinoff animated. I don't even think this spinoff will do Railgun numbers.

The spinoff and the manga adapatation are pretty popular and to be honest most people like it for the side characters and fights. Everything that isn't Ais is surprisingly good and there's so little full focus on her that everything else just kinda works. That and her fights in at least the manga are pretty dope on a surface level.

It's one of those "This shouldn't be good but it actually is pretty okay" things

Sleepless in Seattle-Sakuracon Part 1

-Most difficult part about the industry is the need to keep drawing constantly for days.

-For Ping Pong Girls due to the shortage of animators, it was hard getting staff before airing. So they had to allocate animators for what they were good at. If someone was good at motion then they got put on matches and vice versa if someone was good at SOL scenes then they got put on that. It was difficult appointing appropriate staff for appropriate scenes. :

Drawing constantly for days? I dont understand, why be an animator then?

I dont understand the ping pong girls part "getting staff before airing/shortage of animators" was there a strike or something? Am I missing some background context?

Sterok

KiraKira Precure À La Mode 11

Man, Ichika is a dick to her dad this episode. She never told him she was changing their annual plans, never told him she was now working, and she got mad at him even after he approved of her working there. Did Yukari work at all, or did she just sit around laughing at everyone? Now this was a cool battle. Lots of enemies, protecting civilians, and a good reason for them to have a hard time against the monsters. I like how the finisher has them all cooking the uber-cake, but hopefully it's shortened next time or isn't used often. Are the delinquent fairies no longer evil? Good bonding with Ichika and her dad. He's a good guy. Next time, we finally get a proper introduction to the villain.

Finally started HeroAca s2, opening is kind of disappointing song and animation. Was expecting more based on weeks of comments of praise for it. Also they made Todoroki look really weird and Kaminari and Ojiro are litrally hidden away. S1 op at least gave key characters good moments.
Bakugou part was amazing

LuffyZoro

I liked Railgun and never actually watched Magical Index :x

Sterok

Aikatsu Stars 52

So Kirara is Elza's number 3. No wonder she was able to snatch Ako's brand from under her nose. More confirmation that Elza doesn't care about Yume except as a means to get to Hime. Rumors are spreading. Four Stars Academy is in danger! Again. At least this time it's not because of their headmaster's idiocy. With Yuzu being Yuzu, it's up to vice-president Laura to head the anti-Venus Ark task force. Whelp, they're screwed. Elza is still antagonistic, so that's great. Too bad she made a mistake insulting Laura, causing Yume to stop being beta around her. The first years are such sheep switching loyalties so much in a few minutes. Nice performance for Yume and Laura. Just gives Elza more targets to plunder though. Now Hime is going overseas. Second former S4 to do that. Guess that leaves Tsubasa to get worfed by Elza.
Elza is now activating Agent TR-8R, codename Koharu Nanakura. Or perhaps activating her again would be more accurate. She's the one who sold them out already. She must go down.

Main rivalries are looking like Yume vs Elza, Ako vs Kirara, Laura vs Rei, and Mahiru vs
Koharu
. At least I hope so. Can't wait to see how this shapes up.

Jex

[Atom: The Beginning] - 1

This is a pretty good looking show. With a real nice OP. It's a shame that every other facet of this work is notably off. Problems include weak characterization, uneven pacing, bad dialogue and awkward fujoshi pandering. As a first episode, it fails to make us care about any of the characters, or really understand their plights and goals. Instead, it tries to rush through introducing as many major players as possible before barrelling into an action set piece that completely fails to excite.

This episode doesn't even take a minute to get to a completely bizarre directorial decision. After an explosive event takes place, the show cuts to a reaction shot of a woman (who is clearly going to be a major character named Motoko). Motoko isn't someone the audience has been properly introduced to. Therefore having her react to an event holds no meaning for the audience. Nor does Motoko comment on the explosion later on the episode. The reaction shot actually serves no purpose in the story at all. It's a directorial, and screenwriting, cul-de-sac. We even get a proper introducing to Motoko a few minutes later. So, really, it's quite a head-scratcher. Not to mention that the explosion which our characters cause has zero consequence.

The above might all sounds rather nit-picky, but I feel it's illustrative of how scatter brained this opening episode is. There's just lots of stuff crammed in there, but none of it has been polished to the point where it's actually gels into something interesting.

EDIT: Just checked out the manga opening and it's as I thought. The explosion at the beginning appears to be an anime invention. In the manga, the 1st introduction of Motoko is the 2nd time we see her in the anime. So the anime added in this weird earlier introduction of her for...no reason?

2ND EDIT: In the scene where Moriya was riding his robot chair next to his sister, I was really bothered by the fact he had made himself much taller than her for no apparent reason. I can see that wasn't in the manga either. So many weird little choices:

Xiaoki

The spinoff and the manga adapatation are pretty popular and to be honest most people like it for the side characters and fights. Everything that isn't Ais is surprisingly good and there's so little full focus on her that everything else just kinda works. That and her fights in at least the manga are pretty dope on a surface level.

It's one of those "This shouldn't be good but it actually is pretty okay" things

I thought it was very boring. But, thats expected when the main character is emotionless with zero personality. Her familia clan mates were only slightly better but still one note cliches.

My interest was increased when Bell showed up though.

Hopefully they do a real season 2 soon.

Jex

[Eccentric Family S2] - 2

"Whenever Benten's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking 'Where's Benten'?".

Also, didn't Hanekawa also do a world tour when she was looking for Meme? I can only assume she ran into Benten at some point in her travels.

zulux21

hmmm it just dawned on me to check to see if there was a windows 10 app for funimation now.

at the very least the layout seems way better than the actual funimation site, so here's hoping it runs well.

I thought it was very boring. But, thats expected when the main character is emotionless with zero personality. Her familia clan mates were only slightly better but still one note cliches.

My interest was increased when Bell showed up though.

Hopefully they do a real season 2 soon.

I mean, it's not amazing, but the side characters carry it and when Ais fights like against the first main antagonist that shows up in the plant arc, it's pretty good. Then everything builds to the later arc where shit goes real fucking sideways and it had a powerful emotional payout because of it.

Ais is a pretty garbage protagonist but she's easy to ignore when she's not fighting.

I'm not sure what arcs they will animate or what pace they'll take but if they got past the plant arc, there's a lot of stuff I'd like to see animated.

One Piece 784

Huh. Tiger Mask W, One Piece and Dragon Ball Super all were good/looked good this week. Whats the tradeoff? Is PreCure dead now?

Atom the Beginning 01

Can't say I really enjoyed this a whole lot, and I'm not sure why Astro Boy looks like a regular-ass omnic.

The Eccentric Family S2 02

[Eccentric Family S2] - 2

"Whenever Benten's not on screen, all the other characters should be asking 'Where's Benten'?".

Also, didn't Hanekawa also do a world tour when she was looking for Meme? I can only assume she ran into Benten at some point in her travels.

Benten is like a weaker, more flippant and more playful version of Kiss-Shot so maybe!

zulux21

Given how my Twitter feed were going nuts over this week's Precure episode, I think Toei is just on an unusually good streak right now.

I know with super they ended up hiring a bunch of new talent, perhaps they have kept that up and they actually have the talent on staff now to actually support all the stuff they make.

I mean super and one piece have to bring in good money.

Aot S2 3
Starting to see some production strain with more non-animated stretches appearing in odd spots. Also really odd decision that they decided to skip most of a sorta really important scene but just left the end of the scene. Maybe it will be part of next week's episode. Also got to love
how fucking spoiler heavy the ending visuals are. But its impossible for those who aren't up to date to realize that its spoiling anything and what its spoiling.

Monster Strike Season 2 Episode 1
C9j9kkAXUAAEZZW.jpg:small

Good battle at the beginning, otherwise just silly stuff from our favorite kids. New transfer student from New Jersey was silly and kind of too onto Ren. I wonder if she has some other motive for coming.

New antagonist is compelling
C9kCNsTXsAIxFzb.jpg:small

Line_HTX

Seven Mortal Sins 01

"Hey, how do you do? Are you tenshi?" Maria please, haha. And her friend is a weirdo for feeling her up, like c'mon, sis.

OcDR4Q2.png

Vanity has heterochromia, but kind of a Jobber. And Sloth having a smartphone, how would they even get reception down there, lol

vUr0RP8.png

WAGA NA WA LUCIFER! This episode is kind of silly fun with its trash interpretation. All seven of them got the massive PLOT. Hope Leviathan isn't one of those stupid sidekicks that doesn't do shit.

phaze

Benten a hideous murderer.

Hopefully she never comes back so I don't have to actively deal with the fact that the cast was and is continuously giving her free pass for it.

Eccentric Family S2 2

The yellows of Tenmaya's shop against the blues of the nighttime roofs accentuate the unsettling mystery of his character. His presence throws everyone off balance, most of all Yasaburo. As his origin is sinister, the scope of his powers is unknown, and his full motives are unclear, he's immediately become the biggest question mark in this story. I wonder how, if at all, his plot thread will interact with Nidaime's.

Benten a hideous murderer.

Hopefully she never comes back so I don't have to actively deal with the fact that the cast was and is continuously giving her free pass for it.

The ED is about her, she's in the promotional material and everybody mentions her six times an episode.

Give up losers. Benten-sama will come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom