• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jex

The Eccentric Family S2 ep2
[...]Also, it was amusing to see so many character exclaiming they wanted Benten to come back. They are like the fans of the show, lol.

If they were true fans they wouldn't just be asking: "When is Benten coming back?" without adding "and when can step on me?".

Man I love how weird the Patlabor OVA slice of life episodes get. Just watched the Ota amnesia one. I think I just have like 6 episodes to go and I'll finally have seen everything save the newest short and the live action stuff.

Also have the extra cash to nab myself an Alphonse model kit to put together next month.

Small brain - When is Benten coming back?

Medium brain - When is Benten coming back to step on me?

Large brain - When is Benten coming back to boil me in hot pot?

I don't even remember who Benten was. Was she like whatserface that everyone hated from gulping up the plot of the 2nd season of Noragami? Didn't she look like the only redeeming part of Shangri La, Ryoko Naruse who was like...fuck, an incredibly amazing villain stuck in a meh show?

Man, I really retained like nothing about Eccentric Family. It just left such a little impression on me. Maybe I'll try again.

ClassicaLoid Episode 25 – Encore from the Skies END
C9kKRhsWAAEPW5N.jpg:small

Great final episode to s1, Sousuke song even played making it even better than I expected. Alien plot felt weird but worked to tie everything together.

Cant wait for s2, more of the song remixes please. I guess there were what, 24 this season. (Thank you MAL for keeping a running list of the EDs and the artists)

Cornbread78

Benten a hideous murderer.

Hopefully she never comes back so I don't have to actively deal with the fact that the cast was and is continuously giving her free pass for it.

Seriously. I don't get the love when she actively tells them she will cook & eat them all if she has to.

The Silver Guardian Episode 1 – Suigin Meets Riku Rei!

Feels like its one of those promo ads for a manga that is simply extended. With 13 minute episodes with OP and ED, I doubt we will get to see everything that was teased in the random clipshow moment. However, this could end up being 20 episodes since Spirit Pact was originally half length when it was original run in China?

Desktop at the pool was funny. I wonder why no laptop.
C9kO4TtXkAEF6pL.jpg:small

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 40

TF1F5TT.png

cXxW7cu.png

> Rain helps him perform a Double Shining Finger
> Rain is the image he sees before mastering his hyper mode

Domon: "Oh man, Rain is actually super cool and I shouldn't take her for granted" Yeah no shit chowderhead.

I liked how even though she was wearing a mask, everyone immediately knew it was Rain.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 40

TF1F5TT.png

cXxW7cu.png

> Rain helps him perform a Double Shining Finger
> Rain is the image he sees before mastering his hyper mode

Domon: "Oh man, Rain is actually super cool and I shouldn't take her for granted" Yeah no shit chowderhead.

I liked how even though she was wearing a mask, everyone immediately knew it was Rain.

What!? It was Rain!? No way....

Attack on Titan Season 2 Episode 26 – Beast Titan

Dull OP, weird ED though makes me wonder just how long have Titans been there, I thought this was set far off in humanities future, but there were still medieval things here, weird.

Wall titan just leaves me wondering more about titan origins, they built the wall with a titan in or one just transformed within?

Looking forward to Conny part, please dont die.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 41

L7qpRbr.png

LJrwyYP.png

jgVWZLj.png

Kudos to the show for going "FUCK IT! Rain and Domon are together now!" and not stretching that out anymore.

Home stretch incoming, you can tell with all the revelations.

John Blade

key_art_golgo_13.jpg

Just finish watching Golgo 13 (TV series) and have to say, it's the most badass dumb manly show I have watch for a while in my collection. You're basically following Duke Togo, who is a professional sniper who kill the person (or thing) you want to kill for a price. Nothing too crazy of this concept and that might be the strength and weakness of the show depend on what you want from this TV series. Basically, the entire 50 episodes is based on this formula and man...this get very tiring quickly if you try to watch it back to back. They will be few episodes which throw a curve ball to make the story interesting but they're few of them and you will get back to the same formula quickly. It might be wise to spread out watching this show slowly up to 6 to 8 months while watching other anime as it make watching the show more easy to watch or else you will have fatigue when watching the show.

Still, this doesn't mean Duke Togo is a boring character. Actually, he is this badass person who have the skill and knowledge of different weapons or fighting skill, and use it as his advantage. He also very smart and you see this in few episodes where he use what he have in his location as an advantage to kill the person. Basically, the entire TV series, you want to see how Duke Togo manage to kill the guy he have to kill and how he did it. Some of the kill is nothing too crazy but other are fun to watch to the point it's just insane and wacky. Still, at the end of the day, Duke Togo will kill someone in the show and how he did it will be what you be watching. As for other characters in the show, they're kinda 2dimensional. They is enough development of them to push the story but don't expect much of them as they will be gone by the end of the episode. They're only one side character who do come back once a while in the series but even him isn't much development except he is a gun maker who help make the gun for Duke Togo when he need one for a specific job.

Animation for the most part is okay (nothing much to say really). They do mix some very cheap CG which doesn't feel right when you're watching. It just feel out of place when you're watching. Thankfully, you notice this a lot on vehicle for some reason. In some episode, the animation is much different from the other episode. It kinda feel like it was develop by another animation team and they is more effort on it. It kinda also one of the better episode in the show which have the different animation (guess they put more effort on it).

Overall, it's a fun show to watch but don't watch it back to back as you get sick and tired from watching it. Watch it as a show which fill up space when you have some downtime when watching other animated show.

GRANBLUE FANTASY: The Animation Episode 3 – Meet the Wind
C9kZnc1W0AEhOv1.jpg:small
C9kbOTDWsAA3QTI.jpg:small

Yes Gran looks so happy and seeing him in all these scenes instead of just reading his dialogue or whatever he does in game is very good. The songs from the game in this also add another level of enjoyment for me. Port Breeze ftw.

Furias sharing Boruto's VA is surprising, we get to here her twice a week sometimes. Great.
C9keqnqXoAQKP59.jpg:small

So far has best ED [song] of the season.

John Blade

I wonder if Golgo 13 could take 47.

I'm gonna guess no.

No one can take 47.

A bit more information of the situation will help here, where are they fighting, do they have prep time, any prior information on the target? Or is it simply a straight up fight, in that case I call a split.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 42

Nr4SgnD.png

NA9X6Lp.png

mqWCkmB.png

LSyN8Vv.png

And then suddenly, everyone on the Neo-Japan team turned out to be huge dicks.

"Schwarz" getting his own Gundam summoning finger snap and Rain getting a suit up where she looks like she's in control of it were great. I like it when a show tosses me a few crumbs like that as a reward for sticking around for so long.

Cornbread78

Sword of Oratoria ep.1
Yup, that was Danmachi again and it was great stuff. I mean, I have no real interest in Aiz's crew, but tge action and adventure was great this episode and the tie in from the original series was a nice tie in. Good stuff.

Is it okay to ask for Anime recommendations in this thread? I just got done watching Hyouka after seeing an OT thread about it and now I feel empty. What's up with a lot of Anime's stopping at one point and seemingly ending the show? I feel like I'm running into more and more shows that just end when it feels like it should have had a second season.

Is it okay to ask for Anime recommendations in this thread? I just got done watching Hyouka after seeing an OT thread about it and now I feel empty. What's up with a lot of Anime's stopping at one point and seemingly ending the show? I feel like I'm running into more and more shows that just end when it feels like it should have had a second season.

Lots of anime are based on preexisting source material (like manga or light novels) that aren't completed yet. The name of the game is to crank out a season and hope it drums up enough business to do more, especially now since it feels like anime only gecko endings are starting to fall out of style.

What kind of anime do you want to watch? I can recommend shows blindly, but do you want something specific?

If you liked Yuri on Ice, maybe try Haikyu?

John Blade

Can't say much of recent anime as I stop paying attention and just stick with the backlogged I have to get through. I guess you can join me watching Kamichu! which is one anime I am interested in watching it but on hold right now as I will watch it when I am in the plane and need something to get though the long hours in flight.

Based on the show you watch, I could throw some anime show I have watch and you might need to look into.
Azumanga Daioh
Clannad
GTO
Someday's Dreamers
Princess Nine
And Yet the Town Moves

HEYBOT! Episode 27

Noooooooo they changed the ED, that was one of my favorite anime EDs ever.

C9kmlsIXUAAnVy_.jpg:small

Would watch I love how Nejiru is posing in it.

Otherwise the training was funny, though during the switch scene, what exactly were they doing to Nejiru...Chigiru so cruel for putting Nejiru through this training too.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 41

Kudos to the show for going "FUCK IT! Rain and Domon are together now!" and not stretching that out anymore.

um.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 42

And then suddenly, everyone on the Neo-Japan team turned out to be huge dicks.

"Schwarz" getting his own Gundam summoning finger snap and Rain getting a suit up where she looks like she's in control of it were great. I like it when a show tosses me a few crumbs like that as a reward for sticking around for so long.

Now you're getting to the really good stuff.

What kind of anime do you want to watch? I can recommend shows blindly, but do you want something specific?

If you liked Yuri on Ice, maybe try Haikyu?
I will add that to my bookmark thanks! In terms of what I am looking for, I'd like to find something similar to Hyouka in the sense that it's a lot more "grounded". IE No fantasy, magic, or anything of the sort.

Can't say much of recent anime as I stop paying attention and just stick with the backlogged I have to get through. I guess you can join me watching Kamichu! which is one anime I am interested in watching it but on hold right now as I will watch it when I am in the plane and need something to get though the long hours in flight.

Based on the show you watch, I could throw some anime show I have watch and you might need to look into.
Azumanga Daioh
Clannad
GTO
Someday's Dreamers
Princess Nine
And Yet the Town Moves
Thanks I'll have to check out some of these. :3

Jarmel

Banned
Man I love how weird the Patlabor OVA slice of life episodes get. Just watched the Ota amnesia one. I think I just have like 6 episodes to go and I'll finally have seen everything save the newest short and the live action stuff.

Also have the extra cash to nab myself an Alphonse model kit to put together next month.

The TV OVAs are by far the best element of the TV series. The sewers one is a classic and of course the 7 Days of Fire.

Absolute perfection.

If you liked Hyouka, I would highly suggest The Lost Village, Glasslip, and Oregiaru.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 43

FDtOFTI.png

Man, George and Chibodee vs Chapman was some good stuff.
Although if that was supposed to be their "death" scene then it was alot less definitive than Sai Saici's and Argo's (although they probably aren't dead).

If you liked Hyouka, I would highly suggest The Lost Village, Glasslip, and Oregiaru.

If you liked Hyouka, I would absolutely not suggest these!

I will add that to my bookmark thanks! In terms of what I am looking for, I'd like to find something similar to Hyouka in the sense that it's a lot more "grounded". IE No fantasy, magic, or anything of the sort.

Ok humm then It's still Haikyu but I'll add

Sword of the Stranger(movie)
Barakamon
Tanaka-kun is always listless
and Poco's Udon World(it as 1 magical element in it, but I still recommend it since its it's just so good)
If you liked Hyouka, I would absolutely not suggest these!
Oregiaru is actually a good suggestion.

Cornbread78

Alice ep.3
So this episode took on two of my most hated anime things; kidnapping and the teasing bitch antagonist with the evil grin towards a child. I was enjoying the show up until now, but these two plot divices will probably send me running..

I was looking forward to Alice x old man interactions, not this crap...

Tonton

Oregiaru is good but be warned it'll have the same problem as hyouka of leaving you without a conclusion and empty

I felt Hyouka was worse about that tho maybe because I liked it more

Oregiaru is snafu right? That's what Google is telling me

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 44

JCLVPJH.png

RIP. The sad rearrangement of the shining finger theme was a nice touch.

Mayhaps I was too hasty in assuming that this show had concluded its relationship subplot...

Cornbread78

Thanks I'll have to check out some of these. :3

Grounded huh...

Gosick (some supernatural stuff, but very little, good mysteries)
Barakamon
Itazura na Kiss
Usagi Drop
Aishieruze Baby
Sweetness and Lightning
Cross Game
One Week Friends
Love, Election, Chocolate

John gave you the below rec and it's my all time fav, so...
Clanned/Clanned After Story:
There is a supernatural element, but the story is great, so give it a watch if you liked Hyouka.

Oregiaru is good but be warned it'll have the same problem as hyouka of leaving you without a conclusion and empty

I felt Hyouka was worse about that tho maybe because I liked it more

Oregiaru is snafu right? That's what Google is telling me

Yeah, that's SNAFU and you are correct about the ending....

I equally hate the ending of Hyouka because of the way they left it off. However, others will say the subtle ending is amazing and we should know exactly what the deal is when the credits roll... opinions and all that.

Surprised people still remember Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. 5 yr anniversary.
Absolutely loved everything about it, Man it doesn't feel like its been that long.
I still listen to that great soundtrack all the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-9EvLhsuOo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iTCAirmYro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FMM9e86Doo
Also still have like 5+ avatars of it I had made for Neogaf saved on my flash drive.

it's not super recent, or actually super similar but Shiki is a good series to watch if you liked ghost hunt as they are both created by the same person.
Saw that and loved it as well, really wish there was more like it.

Quasar

DanMachi Sword Oratoria ep1

Why is this spinoff LN getting animated?
Danmachi isn't exactly selling To Aru Majutsu no Index numbers which makes it more puzzling why a spinoff animated. I don't even think this spinoff will do Railgun numbers.

Who even want to watch Ais.

I do. And the rest of this party.

My impression is that the books are getting butchered again though.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 1 (Subtitled) Episode 94 – The Strike That Changes the Future

Wow even knowing what happens this was still a really suspenseful duel that I could turn my eyes away from. The whole part with Ishizu believing in the future, and Kaiba completely shaking from his strategy crumbling each turn was intense.

Laughed at part after he returned to using his best Blue Eyes.
C9k5xATXUAIhmNp.jpg:small
C9k5xATW0AESxsT.jpg:small

Cornbread78

Tsugumomo ep.3
That was actually pretty fun stuff. Nice battle at the end as well. Lets see the asspull way they get out of this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom