• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

I'm surprised at how popular monster girls have gotten recently. Especially centaur girls considering it's just half horse at that point. Maybe people just like horses...

Jarmel

Banned
This will be good and I won't hear anything else!!!

5be261a2dd7fbc9edd8fd284d4bda4db.gif

How would you feel if I told you that the animation production is being co-handled by Encourage Films, the studio that collapsed under the pressure of Symphogear S1 production?

Fake news!

I'm surprised at how popular monster girls have gotten recently. Especially centaur girls considering it's just half horse at that point. Maybe people just like horses...

Recently? Bruh let me tell you about the ancient Greeks

All the main girls in MonMusu except Suu are a Greek myth! Lala is pretty much Thanatos.

"Monster girl" trope is the worst. Like, are we supposed to think that looks cute?

You have tier 1 fake monster girls like in Demichan

Tier 2 Greek monsters like in Centaurs Worries

Tier 3 hot Greek monsters from MonMusu

Tier 4 is Queelag from Dark Souls

How does a centaur put on pants?

They tell you about that in Centaurs Worries. That's pretty much what the whole series is. Questions about how the fuck this would actually work.

kewlmyc

If this monster/animal girl craze keeps going, hopefully we get a Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen anime at some point. Shit's pretty cozy.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm listening to the FMP IV audio drama stuff since I'm stuck in another goddamn airport and it's fucking hilarious listening to the voice acting. Seki Tomokazu sounds way too old for Sousuke now, as he sounds like he's forty years old. I have to say I'm impressed though that I don't hear his other roles in his Sousuke voice such as Gilgamesh or Domon. I'm starting to appreciate why Urobuchi was so blown back by Tomokazu. Same with Yukana as Tessa in that I don't hear CC at all. You then get though Daisuke Namikawa who is playing Leonard, the main villain. He is FLAT OUT using his Oikawa voice, which is so distinctive I can't unhear it. It feels like I'm listening to Haikyuu again. Of course I haven't listened to how he sounded in TSR in a long ass time so maybe that was always how Leonard sounded.

So many of the FMP VAs went on to do a number of high profile works. A good chunk of them were main characters in Fate/Zero. It's weird when you hear another 'character' in a different show.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam 47

AttDsT8.png

UrjMb4V.png

ZyGUA2A.png

HmskC2q.png

The Statue of Liberty shot out a laser beam at the Japanese space colony which is now a giant evil Gundam. This is the sort of thing I've been expecting from the start of the show.

Also, Rain's placement in the Devil Gundam certainly looks...Freudian.

Cornbread78

Grimoir of Zero ep.2
An episode full of world building that was pretty well done. Not sure if the boy is going to stick around the whole season, but this was pretty good stuff despite his predictable childish reaction.

e_i

Frame Arms Girls needs to have the girls fuck each other as a form of battle instead firing missiles at each other. This show went yuri so damned fast.

Charlotte - Completed

I don't want to say I hated this series since there were aspects that I liked, but it was really really flawed. I felt like just like with Angel Beats, it would have been better if it were two cours instead of one. The pacing was super hectic here, with tone going from a "monster of the week" series, to the drama surrounding Yuu's little sister, to international terrorists getting thrown into the mix. Not to mention you get subplots like Nao getting bullied by her classmates that get introduced but then never mentioned again.

Cornbread78

Charlotte - Completed

I don't want to say I hated this series since there were aspects that I liked, but it was really really flawed. I felt like just like with Angel Beats, it would have been better if it were two cours instead of one. The pacing was super hectic here, with tone going from a "monster of the week" series, to the drama surrounding Yuu's little sister, to international terrorists getting thrown into the mix. Not to mention you get subplots like Nao getting bullied by her classmates that get introduced but then never mentioned again.

Yup, pretty much summarizing things perfectly. The outline to something really really great was there, then Maeda decided to cram as much shit into 13 episodes as possible. So much for "learning his lesson" from the issues with Angel Beats...

EDIT:

The OVA was really cute though and was better than most of the season episodes!

kewlmyc

Charlotte - Completed

Shows with wasted potential are way worse than shows that are bad to begin with. At least I don't get my hopes up.

The final episode of Charlotte could have been its own season/series all on its own, but nope. And that's me ignoring the amount of shit thrown into this series that could have been easily cut. Idol girl wasn't necessary at all, especially the 5 minute CD advertisement we got in one of the episodes. First 4 episodes could have been condensed to a montage and nothing would have been lost. Could go on and on about this, but I already have in previous threads.

This is what we get when Jun Maeda learns his lesson from the poorly paced Angel Beats. We get a show with even worse pacing. Bravo. Can't wait for him to remedy this by making a VN 10 years later that he promptly never finishes.

The OVA was really cute though and was better than most of the season episodes!

Yeah I liked the OVA well enough. I dug the "character of the day" tone at the beginning of the season so it almost felt like an episode that got left on the cutting room floor.

Shows with wasted potential is way worse than shows that are bad to begin with. At least I don't get my hopes up.

That's true. At least when I know out the gate a show sucks I can drop it with no regrets lol.

I felt like with Angel Beats at least, as bad as the pacing got, Otonashi was still a likable enough lead and they actually stuck the landing with the ending (random ass romance aside). Charlotte literally felt like two or three seasons worth of content being crammed into only 13 episodes. It feels like this was the rough draft for the inevitable Visual Novel lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom