• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Some of the stock/generated Global Events that I've been in have had gear level limits.

Well I mean that's my point. The gear limit is just a setting you can select, and surely some of the EA set up ones are going to have them. If you don't want to mess with that though you could always create your own global event with the same exact setting save the gear limit.

soultron

Banned
Are there any other controller configurations than what was in the demo?

This may have been answered but can you put your custom songs and the games soundtrack songs on the same playlist?

No other control options. We've known for quite some time now that Standard (with both buttons and sticks, live simultaneously) and Classic would be the control options for this game.

I've not tried experimenting enough with custom options to look into that. I'm not sure!

mik83kuu

Banned
How accessible is this game? Last snowboarding game I played was Cool Boarders 2 on PsOne and I haven't played a Tony Hawk -style game since the PS2 era. I might be bying a PS3 and was thinking of getting this game, but I get easily frustrated if I can't "get in" a game like this.

How accessible is this game? Last snowboarding game I played was Cool Boarders 2 on PsOne and I haven't played a Tony Hawk -style game since the PS2 era. I might be bying a PS3 and was thinking of getting this game, but I get easily frustrated if I can't "get in" a game like this.
At least from the demo this game is extremely accessible. This is the first time I played anything remotely close to this genre in several years and it all felt natural from the very beginning.

soultron

Banned
At least from the demo this game is extremely accessible. This is the first time I played anything remotely close to this genre in several years and it all felt natural from the very beginning.

Agreed, I'd say the best way to find out if it's accessible to you is indeed to play the demo.

Zabuza

Banned
Hey Gaffers! First post for me and I just want to say that although I'm not a big SSX fan, the demo convinced to pre-order this game. Absolutely loved it!

Zabuza

Banned
Did you find it easy to get into? How were the controls for you?

I'm genuinely curious. c:
Well I thought that once I got through the tutorial, and played the first race a few times, it was very fun and easy to play.
I can only get silver on both runs, but I feel good about it and know that I can improve my beginner skills. Love the songs in the demo too, fit the game perfectly!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
OH MY GOD

I GOT MY GOLD MEDALS ON THE DEMO

AND THEN I CAME

Seriously, I haven't had that much fun and satisfaction playing a game since F-Zero GX.

This is one of the highest compliments I can give a game.

red731

Playing now. Woooot.

Dumb tutorial :(

Press start and then quit.

Also are you guys sleeping or what? No matter the continent you should be awake and give us more more more.

Just.. Three.. More.. Days.. Ffuu

Wub wub waaaaaah wub wub skkkkr wub wub....

JambiBum

Press start and then quit.

Also are you guys sleeping or what? No matter the continent you should be awake and give us more more more.

Just.. Three.. More.. Days.. Ffuu

Wub wub waaaaaah wub wub skkkkr wub wub....

I wanted to play the tutorial because of the credits and medals you get from it.

Just did the tree DD without armor. Didn't hit a single tree. Feelsgoodman.

red731

I wanted to play the tutorial because of the credits and medals you get from it.

Just did the tree DD without armor. Didn't hit a single tree. Feelsgoodman.

Ooooooh! You have the full game!

Dont go to sleep and keep us posted.
I just got to work man - this will be a long day and then another another and then FINALY Friday.

JambiBum

I think I just snatched one of Soultron's geotags. Mwahah

Also, I don't think I'm going to go to sleep anytime soon. I'll try to answer any questions that you guys might have.

soultron

Banned
I think I just snatched one of Soultron's geotags. Mwahah

Also, I don't think I'm going to go to sleep anytime soon. I'll try to answer any questions that you guys might have.

Jambi smoked me.

EDIT: A correction to my earlier post: GeoTags do appear all over the world, across all modes! You just can't place them in World Tour because the devs didn't want you (well, mostly new players) to be overwhelmed with stuff to do in that mode.

JambiBum

Haha. I don't think that was mine. GeoTags do not appear in World Tour, only in Explore.

I haven't placed any since Saturday, which means they'd have expired and earned me hella bank by now! (But RiderNet was wiped by the devs during the stress testing, so I was forced to give up my credits!)

But if this is an invitation to play, you're on!

If you are going to be playing tonight then just set up an event and let me know.

If it wasn't your geotag then why would it say that it was another players tag? Unless it was the AI's?

soultron

Banned
If you are going to be playing tonight then just set up an event and let me know.

If it wasn't your geotag then why would it say that it was another players tag? Unless it was the AI's?

Where did you pick it up? I don't think I've placed any aside from one on Death Zone when I posted about playing it.

JambiBum

Where did you pick it up? I don't think I've placed any aside from one on Death Zone when I posted about playing it.

Uh one of the earlier Serbia tracks. The race one. It was up along the side wall at the start of the race.

Doing the ice DD without a pick was a pain in the ass. Did it though.

soultron

Banned
Uh one of the earlier Serbia tracks. The race one. It was up along the side wall at the start of the race.

Doing the ice DD without a pick was a pain in the ass. Did it though.

Ahh, I remember that one now. I thought I was being sneaky by going back up the hill where the heli drops you. :p

I guess not!

Bgamer90: Buy the game at GameStop or something. Wait for your shipped copy to come, then return that sealed copy to the store from which you bought your first copy!

Also, review embargo is tonight at midnight. We've already technically crossed it, here in the mid-east.

JambiBum

Ahh, I remember that one now. I thought I was being sneaky by going back up the hill where the heli drops you. :p

I guess not!

Bgamer90: Buy the game at GameStop or something. Wait for your shipped copy to come, then return that sealed copy to the store from which you bought your first copy!

Also, review embargo is tonight at midnight. We've already technically crossed it, here in the mid-east.

It was a pain to get without boost lol.

Did you put one on the ice dd in the middle of the death area? I saw it but had no idea how to get to it.

I don't use the phrase "my body is ready", but holy crap is my body ever so ready for this. Two more days to the first real SSX after SSX3. From all I've seen and read, it looks like the only big knocks against this are the lack of 60 fps and long full-mountain runs. Otherwise everything looks great and the demo felt awesome. I'm saving the grinding for the full version though.

Added myself to the PSN list - more ghosts to bust.

Bgamer90

Banned

Ooohh. Good idea :)

I might just wait though. I'm going to be busy (later on) today and tomorrow.

soultron

Banned
I'm an idiot because I didn't realize that back-country courses aren't in World Tour. Jambi Bum, myself, and some of the devs are playing a wingsuit run with level 3 max gear cap. It's fucking hilarious.

Updating the OT with reviews! Embargo is lifted!

goober

WTF is wrong with me. How did I miss this?

I was even at a best buy earlier today and they had the full game in the 360 display, but I quit the game (thinking it was just a demo, but they had the game disc in there I just wasn't paying attention) to play a different demo -_-

whitehawk

Banned
My copy has shipped! Yesterday actually. Hopefully it gets here today, but probably not. Either way, I can't wait. One of my most anticipated games of the year, and it was free. So good.

I've been playing the demo non-stop for the past few days. I've never had so much fun with just a demo since Crackdown 1.

colinp

Banned
If you want to know anything else, ask away.

Thanks for the honesty and transparency. You haven't been rude or meltdown-ish by any means. I'm not infected by your enthusiasm, just distrustful. ;) But I understand your enthusiasm comes from a good place. I appreciate your eagerness to please everyone and ensure that everyone is pleased with the game.

In other news, not sure whether I'll be picking up the Japanese release mid-March or ordering a US copy. No matter what it looks like I have to wait a bit! =/

Gowans

I was a old Tony Hawk guy and skipped SSX but man the demo was mint! I had to delete the demo after a few days just to stop me from playing it.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
played a little last night of the demo. WOW. it's really good, will buy.

Also, I can't stop holding down A to go faster. this makes me crash often.

soultron

Banned
Played many a Global Event with Jambi and the devs tonight. We all amassed in one giant party chat and did some hilarious runs together.

Much fun was had. Now I'm tired as hell and just can't seem to post proper scores/times.

Good times! Can't wait to do the same with all of you tomorrow night! c:

JambiBum

Played many a Global Event with Jambi and the devs tonight. We all amassed in one giant party chat and did some hilarious runs together.

Much fun was had. Now I'm tired as hell and just can't seem to post proper scores/times.

Good times! Can't wait to do the same with all of you tomorrow night! c:

After you left we ended up doing a race it on Intrepid. I had the fastest time until like 30 seconds left when one of the devs beat me by 3 seconds. I was sad lol.

_woLf

Now that I can talk about it, the game is freakin' amazing. Online mode is crazy -- it's absolutely hilarious when you're in a global event and you're racing one person down the mountain just to see him slam straight into a tree.

I think I've had more fun in this one than I did in any of the previous SSX titles. Maybe that's because it's been so long since I've played them, but regardless, pick this one up.

Here's my review.

Top Bottom