• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

I've noticed that if you go into a cave really fast and spin up the walls, when you rewind and place a geotag when you're on the ceiling of the cave, it puts it in the land and can't be seen.

imiCDBDyuTKaq.gif

BlackJace

Question about the OST. The list has one of the songs, "Heat", by Krooked & Camo, which I
really
dig. I read somewhere else that that song and some others from the OT list actually aren't in the game. Is this true?

soultron

Banned
Question about the OST. The list has one of the songs, "Heat", by Krooked & Camo, which I
really
dig. I read somewhere else that that song and some others from the OT list actually aren't in the game. Is this true?

Some songs didn't make it in due to last-minute licensing issues, but Camo & Krooked's Heat was composed specifically for SSX. It's in there!

The list I have in the OP is as accurate as possible, but I might've messed up one or two songs.

Good news is that you can always add them in using the custom sound track option!

bs000

The winnings for global events seem kinda screwy. I had 1.5mil after an event ended, then I played something in the World Tour and after that was over, I only had 1.2mil. I didn't buy anything or enter any other global events. It's happened twice now. The first time I went from 700k to 400k. Does it have something to do with my geotags?

soultron

Banned
The winnings for global events seem kinda screwy. I had 1.5mil after an event ended, then I played something in the World Tour and after that was over, I only had 1.2mil. I didn't buy anything or enter any other global events. It's happened twice now. The first time I went from 700k to 400k. Does it have something to do with my geotags?

More people probably entered the event and/or did better than you. What you see at the end of a Global Event is just what you're projected to win if and only if the leader board stays the exact same. You can get a smaller prize if you're knocked into a lower bracket.

Just finished the World Tour. That final, final race is pretty sweet. Mainly because it uses the squirrel suit, and it doesn't have many bottomless pits.

Is the level cap on the characters 10?

To be fair that video doesnt't look that much different from the new game.

In terms of the landscape, sure, but the speed and controls are not nearly the same.

That brings up another issue actually. If they wanted to have this "racing on a razor's edge" type of thing going on with the survival elements and track design, the controls should've been way tighter. I know it might've been at odds with the "trick off anything" physics they created, but the riders handling is far too loose in combination with the speed of the game. I'm willing to bet more than half of my rewinds are a result of not being able to hold the line I can clearly SEE with my eyes, but that the physics refuse to let my hands translate into the game.

Still highly enjoying it though. When the game is on, it's ON like crazy.

On the last stage of the silly event/story mode. Wish I had paced myself better. Just mved from the deep south to MA and the fear of snow kept me locked in my bedroom all day. Cant wait to beat this so I can start playing global events (I like to do things in a certain order)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I really, REALLY don't want to be "that guy", so I'm sorry in advance.

But today I went to Best Buy to trade in a couple games, and they had SSX on display for the X360. I was killing time, so I picked up the controller. I was immediately taken back by how choppy it feels compared to how I remember it. I don't recall if the last game ran at 60fps or not; but this game felt sub 30. I figured maybe it was the map, so I chose a "trick it" course instead, and the same thing. Just felt much more jittery than I remember it being. I was pretty disappointed. Reviews seem good, though. I'd still probably grab it once it goes on sale. But yeah, just felt jarring.

Are most people overlooking that? Impressions seem positive, so that's good. I have zero intention of "hating", but I'm curious if anyone who is sensitive to FPS has any comments?

But today I went to Best Buy to trade in a couple games, and they had SSX on display for the X360. I was killing time, so I picked up the controller. I was immediately taken back by how choppy it feels compared to how I remember it. I don't recall if the last game ran at 60fps or not; but this game felt sub 30. I figured maybe it was the map, so I chose a "trick it" course instead, and the same thing. Just felt much more jittery than I remember it being. I was pretty disappointed. Reviews seem good, though. I'd still probably grab it once it goes on sale. But yeah, just felt jarring.

Are most people overlooking that? Impressions seem positive, so that's good. I have zero intention of "hating", but I'm curious if anyone who is sensitive to FPS has any comments?

The trick course on the dam has major framerate problems if you're in Tricky and doing a big trick as you approach it and jump off it. I've played a bunch of the other drops in the game and I've seen nothing else like it. It's a very smooth game, but would definitely benefit from being 60 FPS instead of 30.

I have no framerate issues at all. Like, none. Not even during tricky. It was probably just the BB system you were playing on.

All right, I have to take a break from this game. It's driving me crazy. I think certain events in the world tour were designed by masochists. The idea of a casual player getting through this game is absurd. The difficulty spikes are ridiculous.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The trick course on the dam has major framerate problems if you're in Tricky and doing a big trick as you approach it and jump off it. I've played a bunch of the other drops in the game and I've seen nothing else like it. It's a very smooth game, but would definitely benefit from being 60 FPS instead of 30.

Yeah, that's still the only segment I've had any issue on. The one track where you come to the dam from the right side with all the pipes has a huge jump, in tricky mode the framerate got really bad for a few seconds.

JaseMath

I can't wait to beat DD so I can start killing some global events, cementing my place among the pantheon of SSX greats.

Pancho

Qurupancho
I can't wait to beat DD so I can start killing some global events, cementing my place among the pantheon of SSX greats.

Same here, so sad that the WT feels like such a chore =/
puts me off the game, which I could outright ignore it but the completionist in me won't let me. Hopefully, I'll finish it tommorow.

Darn global events are so addicting I like only finshed the rockies and have been in the events, such steep point requirements for some of the platinum ranks, 30mlns... really.

vorassay the hammer

Tawpgun

Just did the oxygen DD. What a ****ing stupid gimmick. Completely useless and is a waste of the highest peak in the game.

I do hope there's a way to at least turn off the effects of the descents for some of them. Get rid of the storms in New Zealand, let us breathe on Everest, etc.

FHIZ

Was finishing off the Deadly Descents Tonight, finished the 9th

Me: woo, now I can go have fun again

Game: AWWWW SNAP, grudge match!

Me: ....................fuck you

Then after getting messed up in the pitch black cave in which the light DOES NOTHING I finally think "where are the video settings? I'm turning the gamma up completely so I can see where the hell I'm going"

Go into the settings

Game: here's a reference screen, change the damn settings on your tv, even though they're probably right where you want them, lol.

Then I turned off the game...

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I just finished the last event. The final 2 were so frustrating, but the 9th was by far the worst. Skipped that shit as soon as I could. Africa and the 9th event were just horribly unfun. The finale was frustrating, but I managed to beat it and it wasn't as bad since you get the wngsuit.

But yeah, loving the game, hating the bottomless pits.

Georgious

Banned
This game is unbelievable. Laid out a few Geotags for you sods to sort out - PSN: Corbenitariate !

Online mode is incredibly clever, big fan

I do hope there's a way to at least turn off the effects of the descents for some of them. Get rid of the storms in New Zealand, let us breathe on Everest, etc.

If there isn't I might not ever touch them again. There are a few that are good overall but the rest were a chore.

JambiBum

Found out something from the devs just now about global events. The diamond bracket only consists of one person. It's the top person in the world for that current event.

Fixed1979

I'm still playing but I had to stop to say that the final DD epitomizes everything that is wrong with this game. I really don't believe that level designers and play testers thought this was OK. This is a fuck you to everyone who gave this a thumbs up.

Found out something from the devs just now about global events. The diamond bracket only consists of one person. It's the top person in the world for that current event.

Sweet, I got one diamond going on right now out of 699 riders and 12 hours. Hope it sticks.

Just added my name to the 360 list: Gamertag is DBShop14 PST

krpiper

interesting, my question is when you see a number is that the "lowest" number, the score you have to beat to get into the next bracket?

Top Bottom