• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

Natural

So I get home at like 9.10pm tonight and I see a package in the front room.. I thought it couldn't be, could it?

It is.

SSX came a day early from GAME so I'll be banging this out all night. Might even pull a sicky tomorrow.

2UuRn.png

Added this to the OP as well, it's post #3 for those who want to reference it in the future.
Thanks soultron but I still do not know what the xbox equivalent of x or b is, regarding the prior post. Also, I thought triangle was grind on PS3, here it says L2 or R2? More confused :/

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Serenity is easily the best course in the game (from what I've played - still have yet to see NZ). I wish all the courses were that inspired. Can't wait to get into diamond tier there.

Diamond tier on Serenity was 70 million last I checked. I can't even fathom that score.

I will admit I'm so intimidated by trick runs in global events that I don't enter them and am instead having much fun racing and beating people down their own lines.

Square & Circle :)
In order to not lose my boost someone mentioned to hold down the xbox equivalent of x and b, but if that's square and circle, one of those is boost and the other is rewind. And the buttons soultron just posted have grinding as L2 and R2 instead of triangle so I am even more confused.
I just need to know how not to lose my combo while boosting towards a jump lol
Because I always seem to lose my combo while doing this, again any help is appreciated.

The global events are a godsend. Even without splitscreen it's a great way for me and a few friends to sit around and try to one up eachother (online or couch play). Absolutely loving it.

The Deadly Descents? Well. Let's just drop those next time for levels like Tokyo Megaplex. It's been stated before but it's incredibly sad that I won't bother playing so many drops because I don't enjoy watching an oxygen meter or because of some solar backpack.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I will admit I'm so intimidated by trick runs in global events that I don't enter them and am instead having much fun racing and beating people down their own lines.
That's how I feel about race events. I can place gold or platinum on trick events with ease but I'm not comfortable at all in the racing portion of this game.

Dartastic

The global events are a godsend. Even without splitscreen it's a great way for me and a few friends to sit around and try to one up eachother (online or couch play). Absolutely loving it.

The Deadly Descents? Well. Let's just drop those next time for levels like Tokyo Megaplex. It's been stated before but it's incredibly sad that I won't bother playing so many drops because I don't enjoy watching an oxygen meter or because of some solar backpack.
I'd really like to see them patch in the ability to at least play these without the dumb bullshit like this.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
My first Kaori run, holy shit. It felt like every other character was a rubber band and suddenly it was loosed.

Kaori is turning into my fav character. There was some mystery board for her that I bought last night that raised speed and trick by a good 20 points.

That's how I feel about race events. I can place gold or platinum on trick events with ease but I'm not comfortable at all in the racing portion of this game.

Really? Hmm all I do is try to find the path of least resistance down the track and boost as much as possible, if i get air without jumping from a fall I will spin flip for more boost, rinse and repeat.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Really? Hmm all I do is try to find the path of least resistance down the track and boost as much as possible, if i get air without jumping from a fall I will spin flip for more boost, rinse and repeat.
Even once I've found the right line, I still have to battle the controls and physics system to maintain it which I'm never able to do. I can bounce around like a pinball on a trick run and make it work but it's going to doom you on a race.

I'd really like to see them patch in the ability to at least play these without the dumb bullshit like this.

For sure, there's plenty of courses that would make great race or even trick runs. But after World Tour I am definitely not revisiting any survival runs. Some of them weren't even that bad, it's just not what I want from SSX. I'd be less shocked it 1080 was revived with a survival element.

I'm still willing to let a lot slide because of the inclusion of custom soundtracks that remix on the fly. Words do not do this feature justice - I remember playing older SSX games (Even On Tour) while muting the music and playing my own tracks through speakers, thinking custom tracks would be a great feature way back then.

DeFrank

In order to not lose my boost someone mentioned to hold down the xbox equivalent of x and b, but if that's square and circle, one of those is boost and the other is rewind. And the buttons soultron just posted have grinding as L2 and R2 instead of triangle so I am even more confused.
I just need to know how not to lose my combo while boosting towards a jump lol
Because I always seem to lose my combo while doing this, again any help is appreciated.

Yeah that was me. :)

I didn't realize you were using classic controls. I probably should have clarified that. in that case you want to hit right stick up and right stick down. (while on the ground)

Yeah that was me. :)

I didn't realize you were using classic controls. I probably should have clarified that. in that case you want to hit right stick up and right stick down. (while on the ground)
Awesome. Thanks!

...now to figure out how to hold the square button and the right stick at the same time.

tm24

Just hopped onto Serenity for the first time in a global event. Holy shit. How the fuck did someone get 70 million? I got 32 and i thought I was all big

soultron

Banned
My god, in this one survival global event... someone did it over 40 times. Mind blown. I got to 3 and mindlessly slid into bottomless hole. :(

Probably hella souped themselves up. Level 10 gear, 2 gear mods, and so on.

I can't wait to get my characters maxed so I can start killing it in unrestricted gear events. :p

The Cold DD is hella fun on Survive It. Probably one of my favourites. So simple, but so much fun.

I haven't done much GE stuff or placed many GTs lately so I don't get the "While you were away..." notifications. :c

Serenity is easily the best course in the game (from what I've played - still have yet to see NZ). I wish all the courses were that inspired. Can't wait to get into diamond tier there.

Mornin' Tiger and Bulldog (both in NZ) are also brilliant. Zombies with Jetpacks can eat a bag of dicks.

winstano

Soultron, could you ask when the Spin Speed bug is being fixed? I really wanna get competing in the GE's but am struggling because I'm using Classic controls

Stupid question: How do you equip two pieces of gear? Like some drops say "Wing suit and Headlamp" required or something like that but I can't figure out how to do it. Can you even do it or do you have to pick just one?

tm24

First trick it course on mt fuji is fucking infuriating.

Holes, holes everywhere

Its not even the holes that are annoying. Its the tunnels did you can just get lost in, hit the top of them and wipe and just alone mess up your direction. There's hardly any room to get some air in Home Run

winstano

Stupid question: How do you equip two pieces of gear? Like some drops say "Wing suit and Headlamp" required or something like that but I can't figure out how to do it. Can you even do it or do you have to pick just one?

Level 7 unlocks 2 gear slots, apparently

bradigor

Is there an online RiderNet wall? Like you could get for Hot Pursuit for example?
Can't seem to find on via the site, yet the game tell you to go to it.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Its not even the holes that are annoying. Its the tunnels did you can just get lost in, hit the top of them and wipe and just alone mess up your direction. There's hardly any room to get some air in Home Run

question re: friends list.

i thought i saw a menu that allowed me to see three options:

friends

friends of friends

friends of friends +

how to do i get back to this menu?

XBOX SHREDDER BROS: jon bones, bdams19

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Yeah, I don't understand that at all. Why are there ramps that jump you straight into the roof of the cave? Same thing with Africa which is damn near unplayable to me.

I'm mindfucked that the same people who designed Serenity created the Africa region.

soultron

Banned
Level 7 unlocks 2 gear slots, apparently

Level 7 is two mod slots, IIRC.

Also, I thought the Classic control spin bug was fixed already? Haven't used them myself to be able to tell. Can someone who uses Classic controls comment on this?

EDIT: jonny bonez, Hit back/select to go to your RiderNet wall, select your Rivals panel (the one with your friends on it) then scroll all the way to the bottom! Friends of friends will be there.

If you're speaking about Global Events settings, create a custom event and you'll see those settings.

winstano

Level 7 is two mod slots, IIRC.

Also, I thought the Classic control spin bug was fixed already? Haven't used them myself to be able to tell. Can someone who uses Classic controls comment on this?

Definitely not fixed on PS3, and I'm 90% sure it's not fixed on 360 (EU versions). There's not been a patch in the UK yet though on PS3...

tm24

Yeah, I don't understand that at all. Why are there ramps that jump you straight into the roof of the cave? Same thing with Africa which is damn near unplayable to me.

I'm mindfucked that the same people who designed Serenity created the Africa region.

They obviously designed it around race it in which case the track is amazing.

winstano

Have you connected online yet? There was a Day 1 patch! :p

I'll ask for you though, absolutely.

Yep! Connected, uploaded a ghost and everything! Bear in mind we're on day -1 in Europe for the game, wonder if that's anything to do with it? It's hugely noticeable as well, didn't pick up on it in the demo but now it's *MASSIVE*!

Tokubetsu

Side Note, Zoe rocks this all black gear in the Death Zone video, but I've never seen it show up in the store. Is it just super rare, or is it not even in the game?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i found a black on black glowing suit for my man tane but i had to give it up for a glowing green on green suit with an extra tricky time perk

Chamber

love on your sleeve
On the same note, I've been looking for Mac's all white suit and haven't had any luck. The suit I have now gives a trick bonus but it's also the ugliest suit I've seen in the game. :/

soultron

Banned
On the same note, I've been looking for Mac's all white suit and haven't had any luck. The suit I have now gives a trick bonus but it's also the ugliest suit I've seen in the game. :/

Some people might find this method (the store) annoying but I like it because it reminds me of buying booster packs for trading card games. Haha. :p

I've gotten some pretty good all-black suits but I had no idea there were all-white suits!

Side Note, Zoe rocks this all black gear in the Death Zone video, but I've never seen it show up in the store. Is it just super rare, or is it not even in the game?

My Elise has an all black suit, it's pretty awesome. Just have to keep your eyes open and get lucky.

Also I have a Moby suit with a UK flag on the shoulder, very cool.

In general though the fact that it's all just palette swaps is kind of lame, compared to SSX3's customization.

Top Bottom