• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR CITIZEN, Chris Roberts' (Wing Commander) New Game [$25 million funded]

Zabojnik

Until the new Wingman's Hangar episode, which starts the whole shebang.

Please check back at 11 AM CDT (-5 GMT) on Friday for an all-new Wingman’s Hangar, which will kick off the new site and launch a 24-hour CIG livestream event! We’re excited about releasing the new website and sharing some exciting new information about the game during the event.

Zabojnik

Nothing much yet, WH started, they're talking about the new site, CR will join them in a few. There was a funny introduction by a masked Wingman impersonator. :p

Zabojnik

Servers getting killed, as expected, they're bringing more of them online.

cigtwitch.png

Twitch link

Is it so hard to get working servers? I still haven't even been able to sign in.

The main site is completely down right now. They're working on bringing it up with more servers.

The old site had one large server, the new one is scale-able, and they brought it up with 8 originally. They've broken reddit in the past, so this was kind of expected.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
The main site is completely down right now. They're working on bringing it up with more servers.

The old site had one large server, the new one is scale-able, and they brought it up with 8 originally. They've broken reddit in the past, so this was kind of expected.

Yes, I heard them say that on the stream. Still frustrating. I still haven't been able to sign in, and I've been trying since the second Zane hit the red button.

injurai

Banned

they broke reddit? Jesus this game has a following. 11 mil I guess is the tell.

Zabojnik

10mins until the Avenger work-in-progress reveal. There should be something on Twitch and on the website, when it comes back up. If ever. :D

16 servers up now, adding more. Dat load.

It's a military training vessel (will be the training ship in Squadron 42,) but is now being used more with police work and bounty hunting, as it can dogfight and has cargo space.

For you guys that completed the migration, did you keep waiting on the screen where you picked your handle etc (been a while there for me now) or did you close it and try again?

Zabojnik

It's a military training vessel (will be the training ship in Squadron 42,) but is now being used more with police work and bounty hunting, as it can dogfight and has cargo space.

Yup. And apparently the police are slowly migrating to the modified M50 in the game universe. It kind of does have that military look. Looking forward to seeing the finished / textured version, seems to be still very much work in progress.

For you guys that completed the migration, did you keep waiting on the screen where you picked your handle etc (been a while there for me now) or did you close it and try again?

Once I'd gotten to that page, it worked on my first try pretty quickly. I'd try loading the site in a new tab to make sure it isn't temporarily down, then try refreshing?

Zabojnik

Think I'll get one. Hornet, Avenger and then one more ship, probably a bomber. That's gonna be it for me. Might get some minor staff later.

Repgnar

I kept closing and reopening if there wasn't any progress and eventually it worked.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
If you guys could write here if/when ships/pledges go on sale, that'd be much appreciated. I can't constantly check the website on my phone at work :p

If you guys could write here if/when ships/pledges go on sale, that'd be much appreciated. I can't constantly check the website on my phone at work :p

The SC subreddit is saying that everything from the livestream should be available for a week. If the stream mentions anything is time sensitive while I'm watching, I'll post it.

The new Avenger is available, and they've put in a few older ships that were only up for a limited time (fuel tanker, two bombers, and the interceptor.)

Cool. So you start with a hangar on your starting planet, and can rent others elsewhere. Haven't decided how many hangars you can have at one time yet (out of the 100 star systems at launch.)

He's saying eventually you may be able to get apartments/penthouses on planets outside of your hangars/ships.

Smiley90

The SC subreddit is saying that everything from the livestream should be available for a week. If the stream mentions anything is time sensitive while I'm watching, I'll post it.

The new Avenger is available, and they've put in a few older ships that were only up for a limited time (fuel tanker, two bombers, and the interceptor.)

Thanks, much appreciated.

Zabojnik

First impression was really good but on second thought it looks to similar to a modern day fighter jet. Will have to wait and see the end result though.

Yeah, but it kinda makes sense to me, since it's basically a basic military ship and a training one at that. I'm sure the finished version will look slick.

Speaking of spending money on minor stuff, this is just became available on the website.

It just so happens that I need a new mouse pad ...

Keasar

They have been mentioning more stretch goals than I can remember. I had no idea that there was more after the pledge campaign last year. Where can people look at these?

They have been mentioning more stretch goals than I can remember. I had no idea that there was more after the pledge campaign last year. Where can people look at these?

They're mentioning ones I wasn't aware of. I think they might be announcing them later during the stream.

Smiley90

When I go to the pledge/shop menu it says because I backed during the kickstarter campaign, anything I buy until November 23, 2013 gets free LTI. nicholsonyes.gif Both extra ships and full package pledge upgrades. Me likey.

When I go to the pledge/shop menu it says because I backed during the kickstarter campaign, anything I buy until November 23, 2013 gets free LTI. nicholsonyes.gif Both extra ships and full package pledge upgrades. Me likey.

Yeahhhhh. It basically guarantees I'll buy a Freelancer before then. But! The Starfarer, M50, Gladiator and Retaliator will likely just be up a week. I think only the original pledge ships will be guaranteed to be available the whole time (I'll be happy if I'm wrong about that, of course.)

Smiley90

Yeahhhhh. It basically guarantees I'll buy a Freelancer before then. But! The Starfarer, M50, Gladiator and Retaliator will likely just be up a week. I think only the original pledge ships will be guaranteed to be available the whole time (I'll be happy if I'm wrong about that, of course.)

Yeah I'll have to look into what to get... I only backed digital scout/Aurora during the campaign. The 35 dollars, even! :p before it filled up lol. I'll see.

Yeah I'll have to look into what to get... I only backed digital scout/Aurora during the campaign. The 35 dollars, even! :p before it filled up lol. I'll see.

Ditto, though I upgraded to the LX later on because I have no willpower. A friend and I split the double scout pack, and we gifted the pledge date around to other friends who got interested later so we all have the original backer status.

Francois424

Neo Member
Anyone currently able to use the new website, HELP !
Where/how do I migrate my account ?
I tried the login, but it appears to refuse my credentials and nothing happens.

That being said, stuck at work and can't wait to get back home to see what the new pledges/upgrades that are available.

Smiley90

LTI is only on damage/destruction, not theft, right? And does it also apply to the "high-risk" systems i read about? Those that you can't even insure through ingame-currency? If i read it right insurance cost increases with risk level and after level x (5?) you can't even insure it anymore?

So if my ship gets damaged/destroyed I can get it fixed/replaced for free? Or a small fee? Is that how it works?

Top Bottom