• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STAR CITIZEN, Chris Roberts' (Wing Commander) New Game [$25 million funded]

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
2 more question:

Which ships exactly will only be available this week, due to the livestream?

... Lacking the technical data for the M50, do you guys think it's gonna be faster or slower than the 350R?

I'm contemplating upgrading my pledge to another ship-level (either Digital Colonel or Freelancer...) and then adding the Aurora seperately... and then... maybe some more.. oh god this isn't gonna end pretty. 350R if it's faster than the M50, 325A and M50 if the M50 is faster maybe... I love the looks of the 300-series. Love how they advertise it, too lol. I wish we could see the M50 :/

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
2 more question:

Which ships exactly will only be available this week, due to the livestream?

... Lacking the technical data for the M50, do you guys think it's gonna be faster or slower than the 350R?

I'm contemplating upgrading my pledge to another ship-level (either Digital Colonel or Freelancer...) and then adding the Aurora seperately... and then... maybe some more.. oh god this isn't gonna end pretty. 350R if it's faster than the M50, 325A and M50 if the M50 is faster maybe... I love the looks of the 300-series. Love how they advertise it, too lol. I wish we could see the M50 :/

They said in the chat at one point tonight that the M50 is faster but more fragile and has little weaponry. The 350r has a little more weaponry and can take more damage, but is slower.

That can change with modding and tweaking, though.

KKRT00

They are using version 3.5 of CryEngine [so Crysis 3 iteration] already. Thats very good :) It means that most features from Crysis 3 are in and all AA modes from C3 are 100% in.

epmode

Crap, really? I might need to break out the credit card again.

Yeah, they started with 5 ships:

Aurora, 300i, Freelancer, Hornet, Constellation

All of the other ships (except for the Avenger) were available for 24 hours during the initial campaign and they kept the Cutlass around after the first livestream ended.

Keasar

Did they show the Idris Corvette on the Stream? I just saw it is a pledge reward on the site, for an absolutely batshit insane price though.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the reveal post on their site. Damn that is beautiful.
IDRISdownfrontquarter-Copy.jpg

Dead Man

Yeah, they started with 5 ships:

Aurora, 300i, Freelancer, Hornet, Constellation

All of the other ships (except for the Avenger) were available for 24 hours during the initial campaign and they kept the Cutlass around after the first livestream ended.
Cheers, that changes my purchasing a bit since I will be able to get the original veteran packages with LTI for a while yet.
Did they show the Idris Corvette on the Stream? I just saw it is a pledge reward on the site, for an absolutely batshit insane price though.

All gone, in minutes.

epmode

the limit is just for the pledge version right? All of these are still available through conventional in-game methods.

Right. The larger ships will not be available for purchase, however. You'll have to steal them from NPCs or get them as a reward or something. I guess this is to keep the population down.

I don't know if the Idris can be purchased with credits like the smaller ships. They only specifically mentioned that the carrier cannot be purchased.

epmode

I'm not really feeling the M50. I'd like to see something beyond the concept stage but I don't think they're very far yet.

Yeah, Starfarer is gorgeous. Trying to talk a friend into picking one up for our shipping corporation.

I like the M50 because it's the closest thing I'll get to an A-wing outside of a new Star Wars space sim.

Dead Man

So if you reclaim your original pledge you still retain original or veteran status, right?

Edit: Starfarer looks awesome because t is an Aliens dropship on steroids :)

For former Sq. 42 pilots, Logante and Kinshow seem to spend an inordinate amount of time having landed/crashed places they have no idea where they are.

I think they are horrible pilots. Maybe Squadron 42 just takes anyone these days.

gamma

Yeah, Starfarer is gorgeous. Trying to talk a friend into picking one up for our shipping corporation.

I like the M50 because it's the closest thing I'll get to an A-wing outside of a new Star Wars space sim.

Just reading "for our shipping corporation" sounds awesome. The game will be incredible.

Hackbert

home at last.. one moment.. i just migrated... i was a 30$ digital scout. but i cannot see my beta access.. what the heck? Anyone can clear that up? And for Alpha Access i have to up my pledge?

epmode

home at last.. one moment.. i just migrated... i was a 30$ digital scout. but i cannot see my beta access.. what the heck? Anyone can clear that up? And for Alpha Access i have to up my pledge?

I don't think you were ever able to get alpha/beta access for $30, even if you backed from the start. I think you might even be missing the Squadron 42 campaign.

edit: Oh, I'm completely wrong. Disregard.

In your hangar, click the little arrow all the way to the right of your digital scout listing. That expands the contents of the package and you should see your access there.

Also hey, new in this thread. Been following Star Citizen since before it was revealed and have spent... Well not as much as others but still a rather sizable amount. My fleet currently consists of the Constellation from my original Rear Admiral package, an Aurora LX, and a 350r. Considering an Avenger now too!

Hackbert

I don't think you were ever able to get alpha/beta access for $30, even if you backed from the start. I think you might even be missing the Squadron 42 campaign.

edit: Oh, I'm completely wrong. Disregard.

don't toy with my emotions like that XD"

In your hangar, click the little arrow all the way to the right of your digital scout listing. That expands the contents of the package and you should see your access there.

Also hey, new in this thread. Been following Star Citizen since before it was revealed and have spent... Well not as much as others but still a rather sizable amount. My fleet currently consists of the Constellation from my original Rear Admiral package, an Aurora LX, and a 350r. Considering an Avenger now too!

welcome and mh okay.

Believe it's accurate.

It nixes hope in the Retaliator for me, thankfully...really couldn't do much with it solo unless I was paying for turret gunner NPCs (I wanted to mostly use it for cargo/passengers, but I'd like all my starting ships to be viable solo.)

...kinda want the Starfarer, even though the Freelancer makes more sense (some hauling+exploration vs ...nothing but hauling.)

I will keep torturing myself over it 'til the limited ships are gone anyway.

Looks accurate to me, though keep in mind the thruster ratings it lists are the max rating that can be taken and not what you will necessarily get off the shelf. Look to the 300i with its TR3 main thruster versus the TR4 max it has (and which the 315p comes with by default). I believe the Avenger has also been confirmed to come with a lower rated main thruster than TR5 by default.

Also, there's been rumors going around about the Constellation having lost its class 1 hardpoints. Not sure if there's any truth to that though.

You know. I think it would be awesome if they somehow did their own rendition of Top Gear eventually.

You're absolutely right - at the very least I can definitely see a user-created YouTube channel to that effect, with a bunch of people testing out new ships, racing, trying ridiculous stunts and what have you.

Smiley90

I actually noticed this with the very last posts on the precious page, too. Very odd, since the kickstarter said it included it. You might have to up your pledge to the 35.- digital scout for that...

Smiley90

Upgraded to Freelancer Package & 325A... my wallet am cry. I'll try and resist changing my 325A to a 350R and buying an Avenger on top for fighting. Now I have my Origin for fighting and the freelancer for transport. Decent.

Mindlog

Decided to slow roll my ship additions. M50 because I need speed and speedy scouts die frequently.

Now to decide between Hornet, Freelancer or Cutlass.

I figure cargo would be my most valuable asset on a Freelancer. Don't know how much LTI would help there.
Hornet could possibly die a lot, but will definitely be using expensive weapons. Would be paying for top-line insurance at all times.
Cutlass would be all about ambushing. Zerging base Cutlasses might be my style.

Pirate Pack with the early edge. I tend to be on the supply side of piracy in these games anyway.

More ships to be added later.

Top Bottom