• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox 64 3D |OT| Online? Can't let you do that, Star Fox!

WillyFive

Anth0ny said:
I did play the shit out of Star Fox 64, so I think I'd notice too. It's my favorite voice acting in all of video games.

Speaking of which... they're probably going to censor Pigma's line about Fox's dad. I can't see them getting away with that again :lol

For me, the new voices is very noticeable, since they act out the lines in a slightly different way.

Pigma's line was probably a bit harsh, but not enough to be censored, I wouldn't think.

Poyunch

1bPhF.gif

Someone edit in a 3DS.

Erekiddo

PounchEnvy said:
1bPhF.gif

Someone edit in a 3DS.

I don't even notice rumbling when I play games anymore. :( Either I've grown accustomed to it, or they've dimmed it down.

Both? I remember there was a patent lawsuit years ago.

fernoca

Ugh..two surfing Raichus?

By the way, K-Mart is giving away a $15 gaming coupon if you purchase in-store. Like their usual coupons, it can only be used on games/games section (not consoles) and you can't use it the same day, but a week after.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Been playing StarFox 1 and 2 lately, might play 64 again but I don't know if I want to spoil it. This game is the reason I'm buying a 3DS. Sure, there will be other great games, but I had completely forgotten that I'd played StarFox 64 until I saw the IGN review of 3D and all of the sudden remembered how much I loved that game.

On the Retronauts SF special they said that Iwata claimed that this game was the franchise's last chance. Is that true? It would be an awful shame if that were the case.

watershed

Banned
Diortem7 said:
This remake looks fantastic, so I'll definitely be picking it up. And I am aware of Nintendo's concern of the franchise's success, which is all the more reason why I think they should reuse this remake's engine for a future sequel. I think it would be a good cost-effective move.
I agree they should do that, and I'd be there day one if they included some online modes. There are only 2 reasons I'm not picking this game up day 1 or at full price: One, I've played and beat the hell out of this game already on the N64, and two, no online play. But if an all new entry was made using these fantastic looking graphics I'd be all over it.

Teknoman said:
Cocky little freaks!
Are you going to listen to that monkey?
chalkitdown1 said:
I didn't expect to have to use this...you're very lucky!
Don't let him get to the supply depot!
Why would you do that? said:
You're all reminding me how so quotable this game is. And that I don't have money to get it now. :(

Sorry guys, I gotta sit this one out.
Quit dinkin' around, Slip!

Kthreev

fernoca said:
By the way, K-Mart is giving away a $15 gaming coupon if you purchase in-store. Like their usual coupons, it can only be used on games/games section (not consoles) and you can't use it the same day, but a week after.

I had one of these coupons leftover from my OoT 3D purchase, but it expired in August :(

Luigi87

Due to the lack of online play (though I don't care for it much here, this is a general concern), I hope with Wii U, Nintendo integrates something like PS3/PSP's Adhoc Party.

XeroSauce

Posting in epic thread for fame and glory.

i don't see why they wouldn't do online mod though. What would be the loss?

jokkir

I'm having a hard time figuring out where I should buy this from. Gamestop gives out a dog tag when you pre-order but I can get it $10 off if I buy it from Best Buy.

What do you think I should do? The dog tag doesn't seem to be that great of quality but it'll be nice as a collectors item.

Horseticuffs said:
On the Retronauts SF special they said that Iwata claimed that this game was the franchise's last chance. Is that true? It would be an awful shame if that were the case.
The Iwata Asks it was pretty much said by Miyamoto, "If this doesn't bring in new fans then the franchise is done". New fans are people whose first time it is playing Star Fox.

I mean look at F-Zero. GX by reputation probably didn't bring in any new fans (sales wise LTD for X and GX in Japan are very similar) and as for the GBA games. Max Velocity had launch day so did well but the other two and the anime blowing up in its face were probably the coffin nailed shut.

I was starting to make an OT yesterday, was going to post it today, and saw three threads were made in the meantime :/

Here, have this:

iPwpFIYkJodsL.png

[Nintex]

I'm still undecided on one hand I haven't played any of my 3DS games for longer than 3 hours on the other hand Star Fox 64 is only about 3 hours long so...

Top Bottom