• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star War Jedi Survivor will get a patch on PC for performance

Buggy Loop

Gold Member

Additionally, EA says the PC version - which Digital Foundry called "the worst PC port of 2023" - will be recieving an update "in the coming weeks". This promises "enhancements to the game's technical performance, controls and more", as well as various quality of life improvements.

After all this time?

too late cbc GIF by Kim's Convenience

Anyway, interested to see if they manages to fix it, they never really saved Fallen Order so I won't get my hopes up.

PsyEd

Better late than never...hopefully officially steam deck compatible or better use of fsr...

T4keD0wN

They havent even tried to save the first one as far as i am concerned, but it runs way better than the Fallen Order already so i am curious if they can manage to fully fix it, but its hard to be optimistic given their track record.

Funny that they call it the worst port of 2023 when another EA game, Wild Hearts is even worse.

Last edited:

Durin

Already finished it on Game Pass.

Hopefully they fix it for others, but I don't care anymore. Sucks too, because the game was good otherwise.

lmimmfn

I got this free with my 7800X3D in May 2023 and never bothered to try it because the performance issues looked awful.

I don't have much hope in EA resolving the performance issues, but let's see.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Rly? Now? Fuck you EA, let stop making your devs busy with stupid ports nobody will buy, this had to be done last year

This is actually a great game, they shouldn’t have rushed it out.
Finished it recently, It's really good but I got very tired of some of those traversal segments with the wall running, etc. Looks amazing though, I think its kinda underrated in that area. It feels more like a cross between uncharted with lite souls style combat. The different stances are coil but I actually ended up really liking the blaster/lightsaber combo. Some very cool moves you can pull off. The animation is incredible all around and makes the combat very satisfying.

StereoVsn

I got this free with my 7800X3D in May 2023 and never bothered to try it because the performance issues looked awful.

I don't have much hope in EA resolving the performance issues, but let's see.
Hah, it is the same for me. Got it for free but never got far as the port was such a shit show.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

Additionally, EA says the PC version - which Digital Foundry called "the worst PC port of 2023" - will be recieving an update "in the coming weeks". This promises "enhancements to the game's technical performance, controls and more", as well as various quality of life improvements.

Pimpbaa

Game still has streaming issues despite being on consoles with hardware that should eliminate this. The Series X version sound cuts out sometimes and you get texture pop in happening right in your face (not all the time, mostly when fast traveling and entering the cantina). The game is huge is well, and slightly bigger on PS5. They are clearly not using hardware decompression on any platform.

Pejo

Gold Member
I had a great time with Fallen Order, but never picked up Jedi Survivor because of the performance issues at launch. Then I kept up on news for a while waiting for patches to fix it, but they never came. Then I forgot about the game entirely. If they really do fix the performance, I'll give it a shot next sale.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Game still has streaming issues despite being on consoles with hardware that should eliminate this. The Series X version sound cuts out sometimes and you get texture pop in happening right in your face (not all the time, mostly when fast traveling and entering the cantina). The game is huge is well, and slightly bigger on PS5. They are clearly not using hardware decompression on any platform.

The above cannot be done by anything else than a junior developer with no peer review from seniors in the team. Like nobody should be pushing this code with the performance graphs it has.

No matter the hardware, PC or console, I/O solutions, API to the metal, etc, when you fuck it up so bad, it'll perform bad.

Paasei

After all this time? One of the fixes in the patch should be a massive price drop, for such a technical disaster for so long. With its many issues this seems like the biggest bug to me.

Life Diff

Maybe it's my OCD but when I noticed this whilst entering the catina it annoyed the fuck out of me so much I haven't touched it since. It's bonkers you see white background as the textures load in.

FewRope

This game truly runs like dogshit in any system and the animations are garbage too, two games in a row that this happens lmao

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I enjoyed the game, it has some great stuff but the pandering shit like that black chick vs....instead of you being the one fighting that character was so fucking shitty along with the massive performance issues even on a high end PC dragged the experience from a 9 to a 7'ish. The fact that it took them so long to fix it,assuming it even fixes the performance, is just bad, very amateurish and makes me worry about their next game.

Last edited:

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
SureJan.gif. I will believe it when I see it. It’s probably going to be some minor shit with the actual issues left untouched.

I hope that thanks to the work done on porting the game to PS4 and Xbox One the PC version is going to receive a number of performance enhancements.

Kuranghi

I spend more time trying to fix that terrible stutter in Fallen Order on PC then playing that game!!!

The only way to fix it is to cap the game to 30fps, after an hour of fucking around at 720p low I did that and it ran 100% locked at native 4K and Very High settings (minus some ini tweaks to remove DoF from the preset since it was insanely demanding during cutscene close ups of main characters) on my GTX 1080.

It looked superb, HDR is amazing in that game. Obviously it felt like shit to fight but I didn't like the combat anyway so it was on Easy for a while before I jumped up to Med and then Hard near the end and platforming was fine at 30.

I had a lot of fun with the first one, the 2nd one has much much better combat and looks even better somehow, but I fell off it due to the open world being too open, so youre constantly hitting roadblocks where you don't have the ability or item.

It should've been more gated until you had the appropriate skills/items. There's a balance of exploration vs. direction that must be struck with a metroidvania and the bigger the world the more important that is.

I might go back to it eventually but maybe not since I'd be kinda lost if I went back even now.

Hudo

The above cannot be done by anything else than a junior developer with no peer review from seniors in the team. Like nobody should be pushing this code with the performance graphs it has.
You'd be surprised about the retarded shit so-called "Senior Developers" do as well.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I've yet to play this so good for me I guess. Will grab this once it's 10 bucks or so.

Top Bottom