• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackbone

what is this blue arrow power up? i got it a couple of times in supremacy and i cant do anything with it and i cant get rid of it either....

so annoying. I got it in Cargo Mode and it switched positions or something (?) but it doesnt work ( for me) in supremacy.

As was stated it refreshes your star card cool downs. To use it you have to have one of your cards on cool down or it'll fail to go off.

Also you can swap it out at any power up by holding down the appropriate button based on your platform. On ps4 it's the square button.

Cth

Whenever I play Endor in the empire's side, I just rationalize that this loss is canon and I don't have to hold any L.

-_-

That's why all the whining about Rebels not winning Hoth made me shake my head.

Empire just blitzed, even after flubbing the start of the battle.

As was stated it refreshes your star card cool downs. To use it you have to have one of your cards on cool down or it'll fail to go off.

Also you can swap it out at any power up by holding down the appropriate button based on your platform. On ps4 it's the square button.

oh thanks. I was worried everytime i ran over a power up to get this thing and also i didnt know i can switch power ups.

Endor can be frustrating because it's really hard to spot rebels and some uplinks could be better placed on Walker Assault, but the map design is good in my opinion.

Fuck Endor when you are playing as the Empire.

Rebels are damn near invisible on that map

It is kinda dumb to have bright white stormtroopers facing camouflaged rebels in a forest...

The Emperor probably should have consulted with someone on that.

Then again, those stormtroopers are hard to see on Hoth against the snow. So, I guess that's the tradeoff?

I'm honestly not having any issues spotting anyone. Haven't played Walker Assault yet, but so far the Empire has won every round of Supremacy on Endor that I was in.

How do you select a trait? Am I missing something? All I know of are the cards and star cards.
The first set of traits unlock at level 15 and cost 7000 credits. I got Scout, which keeps me of radar while sprinting. When I go on a 3 kill steak it levels up and I also stay of radar when firing my weapon. When I go on a 6 kill steak it levels up again and my blaster's heat resets after a kill. When I die my trait goes down a level. Your level is displayed on the left edge of the screen.

I'm honestly not having any issues spotting anyone. Haven't played Walker Assault yet, but so far the Empire has won every round of Supremacy on Endor that I was in.
Speaking of spotting, I sure miss the spot feature from Battlefield. It's a shame they felt inclined to remove so many of the more intricate elements of their previous games.

Not sure if this has been posted but I found some info on the traits:

Berserker
At a young age, you were Orphaned, raised by the Wookiee Berserkers on Kashyyyk, where you learned to revel in fierce combat.

Upgrades:

LEVEL 1 - Health regeneration starts a bit faster
LEVEL 2 - Health regeneration starts faster
LEVEL 3 - Health regeneration starts much faster AND replenish a small amount of health with each kill

Sharpshooter
By a small team of rogue elite snipers, you are Trained as a sharpshooter. You also enjoy operating alone and harassing the enemy from afar.

Upgrades:

LEVEL 1 - Headshot kills reduce current cooldowns by a small amount
LEVEL 2 - Headshot kills reduce current cooldowns by a medium amount
LEVEL 3 - Headshot kills reduce current cooldowns by a large amount

Bodyguard
As a brief career as a bodyguard in the Outer Rim, you have been through Rigorous training that has made you a lethal warrior capable of handling extreme situations.

Upgrades:

LEVEL 1 - Decreases explosive damage by a small amount
LEVEL 2 - Decreases explosive damage by a medium amount
LEVEL 3 - Decreases explosive damage by a large amount AND blaster damage by a small amount

Scout
You learned how to use stealth tactics to find and eliminate the enemy during a brief stint in an elite reconnaissance unit.

Upgrades:

LEVEL 1 - Sprinting does not show on enemy scanner
LEVEL 2 - Sprinting and firing your primary weapon does not show on enemy scanner
LEVEL 3 - Sprinting and firing your primary weapon does not show on enemy scanner AND killing an enemy resets weapon heat

Bounty Hunter
Fighting for the highest bidder, they see each battle as a chance to gain new riches. The Galactic War creates many veterans looking for opportunities.

Upgrades:

LEVEL 1 - Low chance to get a Power Card with each kill
LEVEL 2 - Medium chance to get a Power Card with each kill
LEVEL 3 - High chance to get a Power Card with each kill AND resets cooldown with each kill

Ozorov

Picked it up today (EU) and have just played Supremacy, Walker, Fighter, Blast and Cargo. Enjoyed them all so far and the overall impression is very very good. Havent had this fun in a multiplayer game for a long time. If someone wants to play Survival-mode later on in the coming week or so. PM me! (PS4)

Not sure if this has been posted but I found some info on the traits:

Berserker
At a young age, you were Orphaned, raised by the Wookiee Berserkers on Kashyyyk, where you learned to revel in fierce combat.

Upgrades:

LEVEL 1 - Health regeneration starts a bit faster
LEVEL 2 - Health regeneration starts faster
LEVEL 3 - Health regeneration starts much faster AND replenish a small amount of health with each kill

Sharpshooter
By a small team of rogue elite snipers, you are Trained as a sharpshooter. You also enjoy operating alone and harassing the enemy from afar.

Upgrades:

LEVEL 1 - Headshot kills reduce current cooldowns by a small amount
LEVEL 2 - Headshot kills reduce current cooldowns by a medium amount
LEVEL 3 - Headshot kills reduce current cooldowns by a large amount

Bodyguard
As a brief career as a bodyguard in the Outer Rim, you have been through Rigorous training that has made you a lethal warrior capable of handling extreme situations.

Upgrades:

LEVEL 1 - Decreases explosive damage by a small amount
LEVEL 2 - Decreases explosive damage by a medium amount
LEVEL 3 - Decreases explosive damage by a large amount AND blaster damage by a small amount

Scout
You learned how to use stealth tactics to find and eliminate the enemy during a brief stint in an elite reconnaissance unit.

Upgrades:

LEVEL 1 - Sprinting does not show on enemy scanner
LEVEL 2 - Sprinting and firing your primary weapon does not show on enemy scanner
LEVEL 3 - Sprinting and firing your primary weapon does not show on enemy scanner AND killing an enemy resets weapon heat

Bounty Hunter
Fighting for the highest bidder, they see each battle as a chance to gain new riches. The Galactic War creates many veterans looking for opportunities.

Upgrades:

LEVEL 1 - Low chance to get a Power Card with each kill
LEVEL 2 - Medium chance to get a Power Card with each kill
LEVEL 3 - High chance to get a Power Card with each kill AND resets cooldown with each kill

Darkest my friend thanks for posting this. I hate trying to read the tiny ass text on the cards in game. Any consenses on which one is best?

Recharg3

Having an absolute blast with this game! it's so much fun I just hope it doesn't die off like Titanfall.

I am constantly switching between the DL-44 and the A280C both smashing guns the DL-44 is absolutely deadly if used correctly.

Mostly been playing Blast and ranking up relatively easily at the minute.

The coolest explosion effect is that one type of Thermal Grenade that makes a big flame bubble that expands and then implodes on itself.

It's like watching a mini super-nova. The visual and the sound effect with it is fucking incredible.

Impulsor

The coolest explosion effect is that one type of Thermal Grenade that makes a big flame bubble that expands and then implodes on itself.

It's like watching a mini super-nova. The visual and the sound effect with it is fucking incredible.
That would be the thermal imploder.

MADGAME

Is there a way to have multiple loadouts to switch between in a match? Hope I'm just missing it.
Yes you can create multiple hands of Star Cards and switch them each time you respawn. You can't make a custom hand of Star Cards in a match, you can only choose from your pre-established hands. Also after respawn, you can select any weapon you've unlocked and purchased.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Just played it on PS4.

One of the best looking games I've ever seen. I can't believe it's a near solid 60fps when it looks like this. Dice are wizards.

5taquitos

Speaking of spotting, I sure miss the spot feature from Battlefield. It's a shame they felt inclined to remove so many of the more intricate elements of their previous games.

Nah, spotting is lame and wouldn't work well here. I hate having a screen full of doritos

Is there a way to have multiple loadouts to switch between in a match? Hope I'm just missing it.

You have to hit level 10 to get access to a second hand of Star Cards. You can then pick between your regular hand, your second hand, and your partner's hand. You can also create multiple loadouts and then select which one you want to apply to your hand(s) before the round starts.

Edit: I would love to see a word cloud of this thread with "depth" and "content".

meanspartan

The dogfight mode, while painfully shallow, is a lot more fun than I thought it would be! I really hope they flesh it out more. Add some more ships and depth to it along with maps.

It is kinda dumb to have bright white stormtroopers facing camouflaged rebels in a forest...

The Emperor probably should have consulted with someone on that.

latest

latest

or maybe just look back a bit.

4 planets but the modes have different locations. but i agree 4 maps on supremacy or any other mode are not enough. As great as this game is but we need more maps to keep this game alive. When is the first DLC ( not jakku) supposed to be released?

Back of the box says that the DLC releases Dec 8th.

It's free, so I'll assume it's just one map per mode added. I hope the Seasson Pass goes on sale quickly, $50 is just too much to just fill the game.

Why the fuck would you want a person's head on a Stormtrooper? Really wish they had more cool cosmetic choices for the Empire. Right now, it's boilerplate Stormtrooper til level 50 or whatever. Not cool.

5taquitos

Why the fuck would you want a person's head on a Stormtrooper? Really wish they had more cool cosmetic choices for the Empire. Right now, it's boilerplate Stormtrooper til level 50 or whatever. Not cool.

If it were up to me, there wouldn't be any customization options for the Empire, period. The most I could see is selecting your backpack, utility belt, and shoulder pads.

I want the option to turn off helmet-less Stormtroopers, at least on my end.

Toa TAK

Banned
Right? Bring back the stuff they had in Battlefront 1 & 2.

Also, where are my Latino heads? Lol

arimanius

I know I'm probably in the minority but I'm just not feeling this game after playing all last night. Maybe it's because I'm coming from Halo, Destiny, and COD. Only thing I'm blown away by are the graphics. Just a few quick things that I noticed last night.

I feel like my guy is floating when moving around. Seems like he has no weight in his movement. Also when I jump seems like he can only jump an inch off the ground. I know this one will semi be fixed when I unlock the jetpack but that takes up a card slot.

Not to impressed with the sound. Things sound like they don't have the umph they should or they do in the movies. I'm playing with 5.1 and don't know if they would be better with headphones.

The vehicles are ok, but I guess I was expecting more of a BF feel to them. They seem a little simplistic.

Got to be Luke a few times last night and played Hero mode where I could be Fett. Honestly didn't really enjoy it. Liked it a little more when they show up in Walker assault and I'm going against them.

Didn't mean for this to get long and I never post things like this. I love battlefield games and I guess I'm just super sad that I'm not enjoying it like other people since I was really looking forward to it. Going to give it a few more chances and hopefully something clicks.

Should have made it like Clone Trooper and added unique markings to the armor.

MADGAME

It's lame. I'm guessing Imperial outfits such as Officers, TIE Pilots, etc. will be used to pad the season pass/expansions.

5taquitos

First time in this thread so sorry if this is an over asked question? How/Is there a way to mark enemy players or targets? If so, how on ps4?

There is no spotting mechanic (thank god), but you can drop a Droid powerup that will perform scans and mark enemies on your team's minimaps

KingV

Played a few hours of this last night and I'm not too sure about it.

1) nobody seems to play the objectives properly on either Walker assault or Supremacy. It's probably better if you are in a party, but I'd you are not it just seems like random death match.

2) this game really rides on its Star Wars connection. Without that it would be pretty mediocre.

I'll give it a few more goes, but thinking of trading this one in when I trade in Tomb Raider this weekend.

darthbob

Seriously. It takes me out of the experience to see Stormtroopers running around bald. They shouldn't ever take their helmets off. The whole idea of a Stormtrooper is that you look the same as your comrades, you're just a number.

That sort of customization completely ruins it for me and frankly I'm pretty close to putting the game down for good because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom