• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see a breakdown of exactly how many maps are unique. Obviously you've got the 4 big maps and at least a handful of the smaller maps but I'm not sure how the numbers work out.

AFAIK none of the smaller maps are just straight-up cordoned off sections of the larger maps. At most they use some of the same geometry, like the Imperial hangar on Sullest or the Millennium Falcon hangar area on Rebel Depot on Tatooine. In all honesty I think they SHOULD have chopped up a few areas from the larger maps to pad the smaller map selection even further, if they weren't going to make more big maps. But then with only 4 "tilesets", maybe those maps would have started to feel a bit samey.

Cade

Man, FUCK this Boba Fett mission on base commander. I'm getting destroyed every time. I'm salty as fuck.

I'm loving the real game, but Base Commander is so good...

mileS

I'm still confused as to how trait cards work. I tried to google it but I'm only getting lists. I assume they take the place of star cards?

Supremacy is the most similar, but only two points are ever active at once (except at the very start).

For example, say there are points A B C D E

Rebels start with A and B already in their control
Empire starts with D and E already in their control

You need to capture the points in order, so it's like a mix of Conquest and Chain Link.

I love it, because it eliminates stealth capping and circling the map looking for a battle.

Supremely is kidna like that. But its more like WAW War. Its a liner cap and defend.

Thanks, sounds pretty good!

jacksrb

I'm still confused as to how trait cards work. I tried to google it but I'm only getting lists. I assume they take the place of star cards?

They are in addition to star cards. The are passive and build levels the more kills you get (or lower when you die) up to level 3.

5taquitos

I believe they take the top card slot in your hand. They level up as you get killstreaks in game, and level down when you die. They don't need to be activated.

I posted this elsewhere, but since we are bashing helmetless Stormtroopers...

If you or anyone you know uses a Stormtrooper without a helmet, you are basically spitting on Jabba's grave. Please don't commit Star Wars sacrilege.

If this were a clone army, sure, several Clone Troopers had their helmets off as they began to develop their own personalities. But NOT Stormtroopers!!! EVER!!! Only you can prevent this egregious Stormtrooper faux pas.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I roll a helmetless Stormwaifu and there's nothing anybody can do to stop me.

JimiNutz

Banned
Any tips for Fighter Squadron?
Am I supposed to slow down when shooting? Can't seem to hit shit.
I'm getting better at avoiding fire by using the dpad and using my shield and boost but having a hard time destroying ships.

5taquitos

I'm getting better at avoiding fire by using the dpad and using my shield and boost but having a hard time destroying ships.

Slowing down will increase your damage output.

Vaga

Hold L2 to lock on, keep the reticle on target when it beeps continuously your lasers and rocket will home in.

Streaming some figher squadron atm.

Fighter Squadron if absolute garbage.

Why not let us just go at it for 10 minutes? Ever match lasts like 3 minutes because of those stupid timers on the transport ships. Just make them point based, you destroy one, your team gets more points, you don't the opposing team gets the points. Nope, instead the game ends abruptly.

Hold down LT pretty much the whole time. That's your lock-on system and it's used for missiles AND your laser fire.

KodaRuss

Anyone think endor assault walker is unbalanced? i don't think I've seen the imperials win.

I won with a pretty good group once but the next time we played we got utterly destroyed. The rebels are so hard to see on the map as a storm trooper they can see you from a mile away.

EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, I am pretty sure we were rebels the time we won.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Fighter Squadron if absolute garbage.

Why not let us just go at it for 10 minutes? Ever match lasts like 3 minutes because of those stupid timers on the transport ships. Just make them point based, you destroy one, your team gets more points, you don't the opposing team gets the points. Nope, instead the game ends abruptly.
Fighter Squadton is first to 200 kills. There is no timer.

About old SW games

How is the eumlation?

does it look raelly good and how it should on hd Tv's?? Clear, no issues there?

PS2 games and ps1 games look really bad on ps3 , so bad that I refuse to play PS2 games on my ps3. Waste of money and should be played on ps2 and a crt.

Khasim

Slowing down actually increases the power of your guns. I read that on the Playstation Blog (point 14), apparently it's developer info. I definitely could agree, since I started slowing down before shooting, I seem to be killing people faster (that is if they don't manage to run away)

Ferrio

Banned
What are people's thoughts on the community so far? PC has been pretty civil. Had a few matches of HvV last night where both teams were having some good hearted taunting if they won the match. Whole team would go "ezpz" when they'd win.

npa189

So fighter squad is way better than I thought it would be, really fun. I just love TIE fighters for some reason, always have. They could easily add space maps, Endor would be awesome, just make taking out capital ships the objective. Also make A wing ramming a achievement, could lead to spam though.

This game is great.

JimiNutz

Banned
Thanks to everyone for the fighter squadron tips. I'll try slowing down to see if that helps and will lock on more often.

Trait cards take up their own separate slot, and show up as a small icon (rather than a card) above your minimap/radar when equipped/active. You won't see the trait card category in your card loadout screen until you buy one from the card collection.

You can only have 1 Trait card equipped at a time, and you upgrade it over time every match by meeting the card-specific requirements. When you die, you go down a tier.

Man I just had the best game of supremacy. We got wiped on Sullust but it was Hoth next. We were pretty quickly down to one control point, but fought back to two. We got three but surrendered back to two with about 4 minutes left. About 30 seconds left we grabbed the third back and got the win. Got highest objective points and most control points defended which I'm pretty happy about. I love this game when it's all clicking.

Fighter Squadton is first to 200 kills. There is no timer.

Is that what it is? Because that wouldn't add up with the numbers I'm seeing on peoples kill counters.

Edit: definitely not what it is, it's based on score and certain kills give you more points.

mileS

Trait cards take up their own separate slot, and show up as a small icon (rather than a card) above your minimap/radar when equipped/active. You won't see the trait card category in your card loadout screen until you buy one from the card collection.

You can only have 1 Trait card equipped at a time, and you upgrade it over time every match by meeting the card-specific requirements. When you die, you go down a tier.
Awesome. Thank you. I still don't know which one to get right away. They are pricey starting off. Seems like everyone is going with scout for the most part.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Best early blaster?

Is there a map overlay like in Battlefield where you can see all of the control points? If so, I can't figure out how to bring it up on PS4.

DL-44 Deluxe edition bonus seems to be OP for pistols.

No map overlay...sucks the first several times you play a map until you learn the layout.

MADGAME

The knee-jerk Endor is broken reactions seem to echo the Hoth level in the Beta. Everyone was crying salty tears of how skewed it was toward the Empire but by the end of the beta the win ratio seemed to even up, and that was with only a few Star Cards unlocked. It was clear that strategies needed to be formulated through playtime and I believe when higher styles of play are normalized, people play the objective and have strategic cards based on the map, people will see Endor most likely isn’t as one-sided as they think. Even if it turns out to be somewhat skewed, the game has been out for 2 full days and people are complaining about unbalanced without the playerbase as a whole putting the proper time in.

MADGAME

Oh and what is it asking when a challenge says to "Use 30 charges"?
Your center/top card requires a charge to use. Charges are pickups on the battlefield and can also be purchased with your credits. The Ion Shot card is one example, each time you use it you lose one charge. The challenge wants you to use a top card 30 times.

Ramirez

So I unlocked the burst fire weapon and the scout perk, the game might have finally clicked with me. I'd still love to see some extreme balancing done to the power up timers, but I doubt they ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom