• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT| Here's Where The Fun Begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
They really need to give the Empire some camouflage on Endor even if it isn't canon. This is fucking ridiculous. Not a single win on Endor as the Empire in any mode.

Theorry

Why are the controls of the ATST and Walker so sensitive. Very annoying when you zoom in. And really cant shoot with it now.

adj_noun

Wtf, they have helmet-less Troopers? Lol, what a idiotic decision.

There are times I wonder if that was a last minute, "holy crap, there's barely any customization options for Imperials, let's just give 'em the Rebel heads" decision or if it was always the plan and they just kept it quiet.

KingV

Right? Bring back the stuff they had in Battlefront 1 & 2.

Also, where are my Latino heads? Lol

They have old heads on lock though.

Kind of interesting. There are actually way more old heads than young or even middle aged (I.e. <40 or so)

It marks enemies around you and the whole team can see. Currently an essential card when playing as an Imperial on Endor.

Scan Pulse is currently an essential card for almost every situation. Game-sanctioned wallhacks tend to be pretty damn essential. To the point where I wish it wasn't so powerful, or only showed a 3D fixed "ping" location of enemies rather than outlining and tracking them for 7 seconds.

Secret best use of the Scan Pulse? Finding that last hero hiding off in a corner in Hero vs Villains.

v1lla21

They have old heads on lock though.

Kind of interesting. There are actually way more old heads than young or even middle aged (I.e. <40 or so)
Yeah lol. I'm just going to keep the helmet on my character until I unlock the zabrak.

I'd love Latino heads on here :( or a fucking wookie.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Whoa whoa whoa! Hey guys/gals! Time out, time out!

How the sweet baby Anakin did they get Endor to look, sound and run so freaking smooth?!

My jaw is still being dropped here. Day or night, rain or shine, this is some magic, no no no, DICE used the Force.

WOW!

Okay sorry, lol, fanning hard over here. Carry on.

I don't know where else to ask this, and I don't think it's new thread-worthy, so hopefully someone here can help me.

I have my PS4 with my PS+ account on it. I also purchased the Darth Vader PS4. Is there a way I can have a non-PS+ account on the Vader PS4 and still have them hop online and play Battlefront with me on my console?

Sony says the following about Primary Systems (my non-Vader PS4 is my primary), but it doesn't exactly detail my situation above.

PlayStation®Plus benefits available to other non-subscribing users on your Primary PS4™:
- Online multiplayer (subject to any parental control settings on sub accounts)
- Play downloaded games purchased with PlayStation®Plus discount
- Play downloaded IGC games

PlayStation®Plus benefits not available to other users on your Primary PS4™:
- Purchasing PlayStation®Plus discounted products from PlayStation Store
- Online game save storage
- Auto patch download
- PlayStation®Plus exclusive early access to game trials

The jetpack situation is really funny when paired with the horrible spawning system.

I finally got my jetpack and jumped to a higher position, and like seven dudes spawned on me. It was like instant cover fire for one enemy.

TheGrue

I still can't decide whether I want to get on PS4 or PC. I have a 980, so I know it will look better than on PS4, but part of me just wants to kick back on the couch and play with a controller (which I can do on PC, but at a disadvantage). How much better does PC look than PS4?

v1lla21

I don't know where else to ask this, and I don't think it's new thread-worthy, so hopefully someone here can help me.

I have my PS4 with my PS+ account on it. I also purchased the Darth Vader PS4. Is there a way I can have a non-PS+ account on the Vader PS4 and still have them hop online and play Battlefront with me on my console?

Sony says the following about Primary Systems (my non-Vader PS4 is my primary), but it doesn't exactly detail my situation above.
I think it will work. If I remember correctly, you only need your primary account to have ps+ and all other accounts can play too. I don't think the other account needs to have ps+.

OMG just discovered the button to bring the throttle down in vehicles. It was a pain trying to lock onto an opponent in fighter squadron.

Though I wish they could use the right stick to look around the cockpit rather than that.

Naudi

Banned
Yes you can create multiple hands of Star Cards and switch them each time you respawn. You can't make a custom hand of Star Cards in a match, you can only choose from your pre-established hands. Also after respawn, you can select any weapon you've unlocked and purchased.

Thanks! Not sure how I missed this the whole time.

bombshell

If you are the only one using the non-Vader PS4 for multiplayer, then just set the Vader one as your primary instead.

This way anyone on the Vader one can play multiplayer from your PS+ subscription and you can still play all your games on the non-Vader one including multiplayer.

hoserx

I still can't decide whether I want to get on PS4 or PC. I have a 980, so I know it will look better than on PS4, but part of me just wants to kick back on the couch and play with a controller (which I can do on PC, but at a disadvantage). How much better does PC look than PS4?

PC version is amazing and worth it if you play at high resolution or framerates, like 144hz.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
when i read the reviews i didnt believe this game could get boring after 10 hours and i still dont but 30-40 hours? only 4 maps over and over . This fact can kill this game fast. Not everbody plays every mode as to not play the same 4 maps .
4 maps is as disingenuous as 12 maps. The truth is in between. There are 4 planets with one massive map per planet. Depending on your mode you might have the whole map or just a portion of it. That portion is still the same as that portion in the other map though it plays differently than the larger portion (different load outs).

So yeah... Not really 12... But not really 4.

Kalentan

4 maps is as disingenuous as 12 maps. The truth is in between. There are 4 planets with one massive map per planet. Depending on your mode you might have the whole map or just a portion of it. That portion is still the same as that portion in the other map though it plays differently than the larger portion (different load outs).

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. The smaller maps have locations the larger maps don't have. Like on the Endor map in Walker and Supremancy has no location like the Imperial Station Endor Map.

The Hoth map in the ice caves is also not part of the larger map.

Boba is amazing.

I was playing Walker Assault on Tatooine yesterday - half awake thanks to the seasonal flu I contracted - when I got his power up.

Ran into a group of Rebels, panicked, sprayed them with flames, they panicked, scattered.

I only took down 5-6 Rebels before dying myself, but it was glorious.

5taquitos

This is also disingenuous. Not all of the small maps are cut out portions of the larger maps. For example, the Hoth Ice Caves are not part of Outpost Beta.

Edit: So beaten, with the exact same example even.

Edit 2: As another example, the Jawa Refuge map is not cut out of the Judland Wastes map, it is completely separate.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So a couple of questions.

On foot games, you don't get the red circles over the enemy? Like on fighter squadron? It's frustrating they give you the circles in fighter so you can see stuff in the distance, when imho the foot game is even harder to see in the distance and you get nothing.

In fighter squadron, is there a button to toggle speed? Or just the other stick?

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. The smaller maps have locations the larger maps don't have. Like on the Endor map in Walker and Supremancy has no location like the Imperial Station Endor Map.

The Hoth map in the ice caves is also not part of the larger map.
I'd like to see a breakdown of exactly how many maps are unique. Obviously you've got the 4 big maps and at least a handful of the smaller maps but I'm not sure how the numbers work out.

5taquitos

I heard there's a mode similar to conquest in BC2, is that true? Would be awesome.

Supremacy is the most similar, but only two points are ever active at once (except at the very start).

For example, say there are points A B C D E

Rebels start with A and B already in their control
Empire starts with D and E already in their control

You need to capture the points in order, so it's like a mix of Conquest and Chain Link.

I love it, because it eliminates stealth capping and circling the map looking for a battle.

One big issue I have with the game is the spawn system. I love that in the Battlefield games you can choose where you spawn, particularly in modes like Conquest where you're fighting for specific points. Supremacy would be better with that type of spawn system.

Supremacy is the most similar, but only two points are ever active at once (except at the very start).

For example, say there are points A B C D E

Rebels start with A and B already in their control
Empire starts with D and E already in their control

You need to capture the points in order, so it's like a mix of Conquest and Chain Link.

I love it, because it eliminates stealth capping and circling the map looking for a battle.

Oh nice, I didn't realize the rules were laid out like that. It's my favorite mode so far. Very fun and very hectic

In Battlefront's equivalent of Conquest mode, I assume its called Supremacy, are the Walker Assault version of the maps used (e.g. large) or just mini sized versions?

I think it will work. If I remember correctly, you only need your primary account to have ps+ and all other accounts can play too. I don't think the other account needs to have ps+.

If you are the only one using the non-Vader PS4 for multiplayer, then just set the Vader one as your primary instead.

This way anyone on the Vader one can play multiplayer from your PS+ subscription and you can still play all your games on the non-Vader one including multiplayer.
Perfect! From Sony's description it sounded like this was possible, but it still seemed like a gray area.

Ferrio

Banned
They really need to give the Empire some camouflage on Endor even if it isn't canon. This is fucking ridiculous. Not a single win on Endor as the Empire in any mode.

The shadow trooper outfit might help a bit, atleast on nighttime endor.

majik13

how long does it take to install this on ps4?

There's only so many rebels I can mow down as Vader..

yeah I don't get it

I put in BF early last night, to let it install and update before playing( I saw the bar fill, a the update file start) Several hours later I play, but it immediately launches into the Darth Vader mission survival game, I assumed my game was already installed, but I ended up playing this Vader game for 30 mins + with nothing changing, no indication of how far along the game install was, or if it was done or not. I just kept fighting with no prompts whatsoever and no way to quite it.

I eventually just quite the application from the PS menu, restarted the game, it launched back into the minigame, and it immediately had a message saying the install was done, press option to quite. Was a bit frustrating, when you have very limited time to play.

Very poor, or maybe buggy install method.

jasonmb17

Seriously. It takes me out of the experience to see Stormtroopers running around bald. They shouldn't ever take their helmets off. The whole idea of a Stormtrooper is that you look the same as your comrades, you're just a number.

That sort of customization completely ruins it for me and frankly I'm pretty close to putting the game down for good because of it.

Just a touch melodramatic...

Kalentan

I'd like to see a breakdown of exactly how many maps are unique. Obviously you've got the 4 big maps and at least a handful of the smaller maps but I'm not sure how the numbers work out.

I think it's 4 big maps for the 4 planets and then 2 small maps on each planet since that adds up to the 12 maps.

But yeah, thus far all of the small maps seem to be unique and not just the big maps. Granted I could see how people could think they're just sectioned off due to looking very similar but the layouts are very different.

To which... Is Jakku going to be 2 maps or 3 maps? It would make sense if it was 1 big map and 2 small maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom